Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,521 members, 7,801,418 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu (54249 Views)

Details Of The Student Loan Bill Signed By President Tinubu / President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law / Why Buhari Refused To Sign Electoral Act Bill - Keyamo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by abc115: 1:01pm On Jun 09, 2023
President Bola Tinubu has approved the new Electricity Act, which replaces the 2005 Electricity and Power Sector Reform Act.

The Electricity Act was first passed in July 2022 in the administration of former President Muhammadu Buhari.

The new bill seeks to promote private sector investments in the Nigerian power sector and de-monopolise the nation’s electricity generation, transmission and distribution at the national level.

Below are 10 benefits of the assented 2023 Electricity Act

1. The passage means that anyone may construct, own, or operate an undertaking for generating electricity not exceeding one megawatt in aggregate at a site, or an undertaking for distribution of electricity with a capacity not exceeding 100 kilowatts in aggregate at a site, or such other capacity as the Commission may determine from time to time, without a licence.

2. Electricity generation licensees are obligated to meet renewable generation obligations as may be prescribed by the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission.

3. Electricity generating companies will be mandated to either generate power from renewable energy sources, purchase power generated from renewable energy or procure any instrument representing renewable energy generation.

4. Lawmakers are granted the power to carry out oversight responsibilities and function over the NESI through its respective Committees on Power in the Senate and House of Representatives.

5. Empowerment of states, companies, and individuals to generate, transmit and distribute electricity.

6. States can regulate their electricity markets by issuing licences to private investors who can operate mini-grids and power plants within the state. However, the Act precludes interstate and transnational electricity distribution.

7. The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission will be able to regulate the electricity sector within Nigeria.

8. The commission can transition regulatory responsibilities from itself to state regulators when they are established.

9. Until a state has passed its electricity market laws, NERC will continue to regulate electricity businesses in such states.

10. For now, only three states -Lagos, Edo and Kaduna—have electricity market laws and can start regulating their markets. But for other states without such laws, NERC will regulate their electricity generation and transmission.

https://punchng.com/10-benefits-of-2023-electricity-act-bill-signed-by-tinubu/

101 Likes 15 Shares

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by triple996(m): 1:03pm On Jun 09, 2023
cool

"some people" will not like this news. They are always sad when ever they hear good news about their country

202 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by LeoDeKing: 1:03pm On Jun 09, 2023
From the look of things, there may not be any need for presidential election in 2027. Though, there may be formality, Nigeria need not waste her resources.

Of all what Tinubu has done so far, na dis one sweat my belle pass. Individuals now free to generate electricity at industrial scale. In addition to constant electricity in industries, Just imagine the employment this will generate.

Nigerians should never forgive anyone for insulting Tinubu by comparing him with an incompetent crook who couldn't develop a tiny village.

371 Likes 31 Shares

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by Taylor93: 1:08pm On Jun 09, 2023
Theres been a constant NEPA(Power) supply for 6 days straight now

I mean 23:50hrs uninterrupted

I almost gave Tinubu the accolade and praises till they told me it’s normal during rainy season

Torr

88 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by Taylor93: 1:09pm On Jun 09, 2023
triple996:
cool

"some people" will not like this news. They are always sad when ever they hear good news about their country

No citizen hates good news

What we want is results not too many capping

Buhari passed same electricity bill but how far?

Buhari promised heaven on earth so don’t get orgasm over Tinubus first week

That Nigga can say shitts at the sight of microphone

146 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by iampeterben(m): 1:29pm On Jun 09, 2023
This is a good news and good step in the right direction for the nation. Thumbs PBAT.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by GeneralPula: 1:34pm On Jun 09, 2023
Exactly..

128 Likes

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by OkCornel(m): 1:36pm On Jun 09, 2023
BAT making sensible moves so far…

Observing keenly

As long as Nigeria progresses, I really don’t care who’s at Aso Rock.

Let’s think critically and leave emotions to the side.

Heck, I campaigned against BAT, but I’m seeing some positive signs in these early days. I hope he doesn’t disappoint like his predecessor.

214 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by MarveworldG: 1:42pm On Jun 09, 2023
Let it be done

1 Like

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by saintopus(m): 1:52pm On Jun 09, 2023
OkCornel:

Observing keenly

Heck, I campaigned against BAT, but I’m seeing some positive signs in these early days. I hope he doesn’t disappoint like his predecessor.

Many good hardworking Nigerians reason like you.

We don't really care who is ASO Rock, far from it. All we need is getting the job done.
And for me it's not rocket science.
Get the right person at the right place, go ahead and sleep if you like.
Nigeria to me is not that difficult to govern. Just do what is right.
Ensure good hospitals, roads, electricity, employment. These are things that with the right kind of people that can drive the process, then we are good to go

Next important area is the FX Market then liberalization of the railway allow private individual to construct and run railways.

90 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by KingLennon(m): 2:04pm On Jun 09, 2023
Which benefits? Nothing good can come out from this government. Those laws are only beneficial to them. Why not tell us that we will enjoy atleast 15 hours constant electricity every day? sad

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by Nbote(m): 2:04pm On Jun 09, 2023
Fr
Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by Weedhustler: 2:04pm On Jun 09, 2023
Make emilokan just open borders I won check something

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by slawomir: 2:04pm On Jun 09, 2023
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by sylve11: 2:05pm On Jun 09, 2023
Good vision! cool

4 Likes

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by DevilsEqual(m): 2:05pm On Jun 09, 2023
Tinubu is here
A new dawn is here

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by datola: 2:05pm On Jun 09, 2023
Let's all pray president Tinubu continue to get it right

31 Likes

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by TheNobleProphet: 2:05pm On Jun 09, 2023
Kudos President Bola Ahmed Tinubu!

Stable Power and Electricity supply is the "only gateway" for Nigeria to fully become an "Industrialised Nation"!

GOD bless Nigeria!

30 Likes

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by InlandTaipan84(m): 2:05pm On Jun 09, 2023
grin Alex Otti should set up a competitive electricity market in Abia, cause all those natural gas in Imo and Abia will have very good economic use now.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by NobleSeed(m): 2:06pm On Jun 09, 2023
undecided
Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by phoneport(m): 2:06pm On Jun 09, 2023
WHAT IS GOOD IS GOOD
TINUBU POLICIES ARE TALKING GOOD
MAY IT FROM GOOD POLICIES ENTER GOOD DOINGS.

THE TRUTH IS EVERYONE, BOTH IPOB, YOURUBA NATION, HERDSMEN, AND MILITANTS, KNOWS WHAT IS GOOD AND WANTS WHAT IS GOOD...

MAY BE THIS IS HOW NIGERIA BECOMES GOOD
Who can tell?

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by omoadeleye(m): 2:08pm On Jun 09, 2023
Good one my president

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by taiwotimitt: 2:09pm On Jun 09, 2023
sad
Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by tunwumi: 2:09pm On Jun 09, 2023
Ok
Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by Salowise: 2:09pm On Jun 09, 2023
OkCornel:

Observing keenly

We rocking the same boat bro

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by Unperturbedpota: 2:09pm On Jun 09, 2023
LeoDeKing:
From the look of things, there may not be any need for presidential election in 2027. Though, there may be formality, Nigeria need not waste her resources.

Of all what Tinubu has done so far, na dis one sweat my belle pass. Individuals now free to generate electricity at industrial scale. In addition to constant electricity in industries, Just imagine the employment this will generate.

Nigerians should never forgive anyone for insulting Tinubu by comparing him with an incompetent crook who couldn't develop a tiny village.

Again you can make you comment without ending it like a tout.

Be smart and talkless .

10 Likes

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by Samueli007: 2:10pm On Jun 09, 2023
Though as a Yoruba guy, I voted for PO, but what BAT has done so far is commendable.
As long as Nigeria is working for the good of all, I no care who be president.

Almighty God, Thy will be done. Amen.

46 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos Of El-rufai With El-zakzaky In January / Peter Obi Introduced At Dominion Crusade At National Stadium Lagos(video) / Gani Adams Meets Sunday Igboho (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.