Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,017 members, 7,799,475 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu (54239 Views)

Details Of The Student Loan Bill Signed By President Tinubu / President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law / Why Buhari Refused To Sign Electoral Act Bill - Keyamo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by iammo(m): 2:32pm On Jun 09, 2023
qtx:
Is this the only good law we are having in Nigeria?
Good news that he has signed it into law. But let me remind you that the problem of Nigeria is not shortage of good laws but implementation. Let him have the political will power to implement them first then we can clap for him.

Singing into law is easy.
Buhari signed into law the PIB and many other good laws, how far?

This is not politiics am speaking , am speaking facts and those who understand will find it hard to refute my point.

Didn't you read the law?!

He is not responsible to implement the law

You as a private individual have the responsibility to implement it if you can build power plant, same as your State Governors

6 Likes

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by KingLennon(m): 2:34pm On Jun 09, 2023
Larryndelaw:
Go and generate your own electricity and stop crying. These is window for job opportunities. All your mates have started making use of the opportunity and you are here wailing.
Nigerians prefer mediocrity. Can people in the rural areas produce their own electricity? Someone sat somewhere and formulated what will benefit him and you are praising him sad...
Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by tubolancer(m): 2:35pm On Jun 09, 2023
KingLennon:
Which benefits? Nothing good can come out from this government. Those laws are only beneficial to them. Why not tell us that we will enjoy atleast 15 hours constant electricity every day? sad
Government is no longer giving you electricity, find your level with any private companies generating electricity. Government will regulate them.

1 Like

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by Minatouchiha(m): 2:37pm On Jun 09, 2023
All these plenty grammar nor mean anything. NEPA is sending 60k/month to pipo. How do we stop this crazy bill?
Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by CodeTemplar: 2:37pm On Jun 09, 2023
The bill is long overdue but will face challenges that have evolved as a result of hardened habits its delay has allowed. One of such hardened habit is stealing of electricity. Once the user doesn't pay, the distributor and generator suffer losses and stagnation in operation. The best approach is to encourage mini-grids or grids within the national grid.
Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by isan(m): 2:38pm On Jun 09, 2023
All the big companies can now generate their own power

1 Like

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by Baatunde(m): 2:38pm On Jun 09, 2023
DIdnt someone advised you earlier on to channel your energy to good use because 8 years is a long time? Anyway, how many people live in the rural areas compare to the urban and why would they need to generate their own energy? What is the point of your comment, that the bill is not good enough or you have something better in mind?

KingLennon:

Nigerians prefer mediocrity. Can people in the rural areas produce their own electricity? Someone sat somewhere and formulated what will benefit him and you are praising him sad...

3 Likes

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 09, 2023
iampeterben:
This is a good news and good step in the right direction for the nation. Thumbs PBAT.

What is one megawatt you electricity? We celebrate mediocrity in this country.

How many megawatts is Dangote cement factory?
Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by brightleave(m): 2:41pm On Jun 09, 2023
Taylor93:

No citizen hates good news

What we want is results not too many capping
but you do already

1 Like

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jun 09, 2023
Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jun 09, 2023
isan:
All the big companies can now generate their own power

Dangote has been generated his own power. His cement factory generate more than 200 mw.

1 Like

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by itsene: 2:42pm On Jun 09, 2023
Taylor93:

Policy comes before results.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by KingLennon(m): 2:42pm On Jun 09, 2023
tubolancer:
Government is no longer giving you electricity, find your level with any private companies generating electricity. Government will regulate them.
Was electricity not one of the social amenities a citizen is suppose to benefit from the government? Gambia has 20 hours constant electricity everyday without privatisation o cheesy
Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by Rebelutionary: 2:43pm On Jun 09, 2023
qtx:
Is this the only good law we are having in Nigeria?
Good news that he has signed it into law. But let me remind you that the problem of Nigeria is not shortage of good laws but implementation. Let him have the political will power to implement them first then we can clap for him.

Singing into law is easy.
Buhari signed into law the PIB and many other good laws, how far?

This is not politiics am speaking , am speaking facts and those who understand will find it hard to refute my point.
I don't know if you will get this: The Implementation is in the signing of the law!

4 Likes

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by Rebelutionary: 2:44pm On Jun 09, 2023
hohafrank:
You made good points in the first paragraph.
But made mess of yourself in the last paragraph.Obi will do far better than that idiot that was selected.
Obi? Using what precedence?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by obembet(f): 2:47pm On Jun 09, 2023
triple996:
cool

"some people" will not like this news. They are always sad when ever they hear good news about their country

But if na Thier brother sign this, they go Happy.

Thank God Nigeria is on the best hand

2 Likes

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by nnamdi640: 2:47pm On Jun 09, 2023
Rebelutionary:

I don't know if you will get this: The Implementation is in the signing of the law!
Lot of laws was signed during Buhari regime, how many of them were implemented. Thesame way you guys hyped Buhari for taking 6months in selecting ministers at the end what happened. I can't just wait to drink your tears
Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by KingLennon(m): 2:48pm On Jun 09, 2023
Baatunde:
DIdnt someone advised you earlier on to channel your energy to good use because 8 years is a long time? Anyway, how many people live in the rural areas compare to the urban and why would they need to generate their own energy? What is the point of your comment, that the bill is not good enough or you have something better in mind?

You know the reason people like u celebrate news like this? You haven't left the shores of Nigeria b4. They signed a bill that leaves us at the mercy of private companies and u are clapping....
Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by occfx: 2:50pm On Jun 09, 2023
OkCornel:
BAT making sensible moves so far…

Observing keenly

As long as Nigeria progresses, I really don’t care who’s at Aso Rock.

Let’s think critically and leave emotions to the side.

Heck, I campaigned against BAT, but I’m seeing some positive signs in these early days. I hope he doesn’t disappoint like his predecessor.

Yes good things are really coming out from BAT... I hope backstabbers and betrayals don't come in. Though, nice moves so far... But I am curious to see actions. APC are known for say something else do something else

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by koolpal(m): 2:50pm On Jun 09, 2023
KingLennon:
Which benefits? Nothing good can come out from this government. Those laws are only beneficial to them. Why not tell us that we will enjoy atleast 15 hours constant electricity every day? sad
15 hours per day, you are really on a long thing... I am already enjoying 24 hours power supply why drop it down again... Rather consolidation is what we hope for... Mind u I am not staying in a highbrow area... I am in Lokoja sha

1 Like

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by Rebelutionary: 2:51pm On Jun 09, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

So, signing a bill that had already been passed by the previous National Assembly is now an achievement for Tiefnubu??

As clueless as you yourself are, wouldn't you have still signed it if you were the one sitting there, instead of the druglord?

You guys are annoyingly too brainless and brainwashed.
Wow...u just made your ignorance bare for all to see and you are calling someone clueless! Passing a bill is different from presidential assent! Nawa o!

2 Likes

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by clems88(m): 2:53pm On Jun 09, 2023
Taylor93:
Theres been a constant NEPA(Power) supply for 6 days straight now

I mean 23:50hrs uninterrupted

I almost gave Tinubu the accolade and praises till they told me it’s normal during rainy season

Torr
even for the rainny season our light has become worse
Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by inforesource: 2:54pm On Jun 09, 2023
LeoDeKing:
From the look of things, there may not be any need for presidential election in 2027. Though, there may be formality, Nigeria need not waste her resources.

Of all what Tinubu has done so far, na dis one sweat my belle pass. Individuals now free to generate electricity at industrial scale. In addition to constant electricity in industries, Just imagine the employment this will generate.

Nigerians should never forgive anyone for insulting Tinubu by comparing him with an incompetent crook who couldn't develop a tiny village.
He is making sense actually. This is what this country needs.
Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by Princepk212(m): 2:55pm On Jun 09, 2023
Long overdue, great move Mr. President
Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by walozanga(m): 2:56pm On Jun 09, 2023
Tinubu stole our mandate but this is good news

1 Like

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by Simplecity(m): 2:56pm On Jun 09, 2023
Taylor93:
Theres been a constant NEPA(Power) supply for 6 days straight now

I mean 23:50hrs uninterrupted

I almost gave Tinubu the accolade and praises till they told me it’s normal during rainy season

Torr
dam dey full during raining season .....make august reach omo..book of lamentations go open full everywhere😂😂😂no light

1 Like

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by KingLennon(m): 2:56pm On Jun 09, 2023
koolpal:
15 hours per day, you are really on a long thing... I am already enjoying 24 hours power supply why drop it down again... Rather consolidation is what we hope for... Mind u I am not staying in a highbrow area... I am in Lokoja sha
Good for you. In Calabar here, I haven't seen light here for 2 days now. Privatization in power sector is a big sham
Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by CodeTemplar: 2:57pm On Jun 09, 2023
KingLennon:

churches, small branches of banks and business can generate and sell still. This is not a million dollar venture they are enabling for smallholders.

A church or bank that runs a 30kva gen set can sell extra energy if they realize their average load is below the gen base load.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by Rebelutionary: 2:57pm On Jun 09, 2023
nnamdi640:
Lot of laws was signed during Buhari regime, how many of them were implemented. Thesame way you guys hyped Buhari for taking 6months in selecting ministers at the end what happened. I can't just wait to drink your tears
I thought you will get it but obviously this is way beyond your pay grade! Let me explain it to you: The signing of this into law now leaves it in the hand of investors to begin generating/Distributing/Transmitting power without waiting for FG to! So in siimple terms there is no "FG to implement" anything as you will soon start seeing investors jumping on this and this will create jobs!

Oh..You want to drink tears? I promise you, you will drink our tears of joy and it will choke you!

2 Likes

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by tamdun: 2:58pm On Jun 09, 2023
Taylor93:

Buhari passed same electricity bill but how far?

Buhari promised heaven on earth so don’t get orgasm over Tinubus first week

That Nigga can say shitts at the sight of microphone
That's not true,Buhari did not sign it

2 Likes

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by edoairways: 3:01pm On Jun 09, 2023
LeoDeKing:
From the look of things, there may not be any need for presidential election in 2027. Though, there may be formality, Nigeria need not waste her resources.

Of all what Tinubu has done so far, na dis one sweat my belle pass. Individuals now free to generate electricity at industrial scale. In addition to constant electricity in industries, Just imagine the employment this will generate.

Nigerians should never forgive anyone for insulting Tinubu by comparing him with an incompetent crook who couldn't develop a tiny village.
This law wasn't approved by Tinubu

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari : Is This Warning By Yoruba Elders Coming To Pass ? / Murray-Bruce Announced Bianca Ojukwu As Miss Intercontinental In 1989 (Video) / Atiku Reacts To Huge Turnout At PDP Mega Rally In Buhari's State, Katsina(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.