Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,852 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

Investment Recommendations In Nigeria For Beginners - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Investment Recommendations In Nigeria For Beginners (253 Views)

Niyi John Olajide Leads CCA Delegation To Nigeria For Trade Investment Talks / Recommendations For Usd Bank Account Fintech App Or Website / Nigerian Stock Exchange: Stock Recommendations For Week Ending 31July2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Investment Recommendations In Nigeria For Beginners by Venerable612(m): 6:23pm On Jun 09, 2023
Does anyone know how and what sort of stocks to buy / thinking about value increasing?

Thinking of naira investments of between 500k to 1m for a start.

I can afford some level of risk / just not sure how people go about doing it.

Practical recommendations will be welcome / not conjecture pls.

Thanks
Re: Investment Recommendations In Nigeria For Beginners by Geovanni412(m): 6:55pm On Jun 09, 2023
Venerable612:
Does anyone know how and what sort of stocks to buy / thinking about value increasing?

Thinking of naira investments of between 500k to 1m for a start.

I can afford some level of risk / just not sure how people go about doing it.

Practical recommendations will be welcome / not conjecture pls.

Thanks

Not financial advice

If you want quick money, you should be prepared to lose everything as well.

If that is the case, pay attention to kobo stocks like japaul gold and unity bank

You can lose it all in the stock market

If you are more patient, you can look at solid underpriced companies like interbreweries.

2 Likes

Re: Investment Recommendations In Nigeria For Beginners by Venerable612(m): 8:09pm On Jun 09, 2023
Geovanni412:

Not financial advice

If you want quick money, you should be prepared to lose everything as well.

If that is the case, pay attention to kobo stocks like japaul gold and unity bank

You can lose it all in the stock market

If you are more patient, you can look at solid underpriced companies like interbreweries.

Quick money? That’s not the intention…

With inter breweries - will my investment lose its value ?

For example in the US, Amazon stocks have been quite resilient and over the years.

Increase in Value… stocks that have been doing well in the market will be preferable for beginners in the Nigerian market.

Separately, how do you trade ? Is there like an app that you can recommend? Or you use brokers.
Re: Investment Recommendations In Nigeria For Beginners by Geovanni412(m): 9:15pm On Jun 09, 2023
Venerable612:

Quick money? That’s not the intention…

With inter breweries - will my investment lose its value ?

For example in the US, Amazon stocks have been quite resilient and over the years.

Increase in Value… stocks that have been doing well in the market will be preferable for beginners in the Nigerian market.

Separately, how do you trade ? Is there like an app that you can recommend? Or you use brokers.

With any investment, you can lose money

Interbreweries is bankrolled by AbinBev, owners of the Budweiser brand, biggest brewers in the world.

For now, I have no position in the market. I have tried ta and fa system my pops used since 2021(entry) till exit (2022).

You need massive units to enjoy benefit of stock. My dad tries to get 100k units and above of any stock. It's stock market that paid my university education in Nigeria (Baze), Ghana and even my mum's cancer treatment.

Volume is key.

What I discovered in 1 yr on the market is there is no formula but if a stock is underpriced (less than 75-90 percent from it's peak) and has a fairly decent board of directors, take a punt at it.

Also, Kobo stocks perform better than strong companies. I made zero gain investing in uba, uacn and afriprud but I made over 50 percent gain by investing in jaiz bank which had not paid a dividend in 16 yrs.

Why did I leave?

The gain on stock market was less than the movement of naira to dollar on black market last year. Clearly, converting to dollar was the right move to play.

Why do I want to try again?

I see an opportunity on Kobo stocks that is worth the gamble instead of allowing money fallow in my bank acct.

I did analysis on many stocks that performed well based on technical analysis but failed the test of fundamental analysis. Stocks like Guinness and Cadbury have history of bad mgmt and cooking books but they ended up pumping the most.

Capital issue:

500k-1 million is small capital for stocks above 3 naira. Spreading it around won't give much gain. It's either you are content with tiny gains or you go hard and either die a villain or become a hero. grin

If you want dividend stock system and slow n steady, I can give you suggestions but if you are a degen, then you must go for Kobo stocks. Dm me for more details either way

Broker:
I use investmentone (an arm of gtbank) but zenith bank has a broker that is also good. That's what one of my friends told me.

@Venerable612, moves like the below shows me the market is one for kobostocks. This is for the companies called tripleg, ftncocoa. FTNCOcoa is in serious financial difficulties yet look at the chart....

2 Likes

Re: Investment Recommendations In Nigeria For Beginners by Venerable612(m): 7:11am On Jun 10, 2023
Geovanni412:

With any investment, you can lose money

Interbreweries is bankrolled by AbinBev, owners of the Budweiser brand, biggest brewers in the world.

For now, I have no position in the market. I have tried ta and fa system my pops used since 2021(entry) till exit (2022).

You need massive units to enjoy benefit of stock. My dad tries to get 100k units and above of any stock. It's stock market that paid my university education in Nigeria (Baze), Ghana and even my mum's cancer treatment.

Volume is key.

What I discovered in 1 yr on the market is there is no formula but if a stock is underpriced (less than 75-90 percent from it's peak) and has a fairly decent board of directors, take a punt at it.

Also, Kobo stocks perform better than strong companies. I made zero gain investing in uba, uacn and afriprud but I made over 50 percent gain by investing in jaiz bank which had not paid a dividend in 16 yrs.

Why did I leave?

The gain on stock market was less than the movement of naira to dollar on black market last year. Clearly, converting to dollar was the right move to play.

Why do I want to try again?

I see an opportunity on Kobo stocks that is worth the gamble instead of allowing money fallow in my bank acct.

I did analysis on many stocks that performed well based on technical analysis but failed the test of fundamental analysis. Stocks like Guinness and Cadbury have history of bad mgmt and cooking books but they ended up pumping the most.

Capital issue:

500k-1 million is small capital for stocks above 3 naira. Spreading it around won't give much gain. It's either you are content with tiny gains or you go hard and either die a villain or become a hero. grin

If you want dividend stock system and slow n steady, I can give you suggestions but if you are a degen, then you must go for Kobo stocks. Dm me for more details either way

Broker:
I use investmentone (an arm of gtbank) but zenith bank has a broker that is also good. That's what one of my friends told me.

@Venerable612, moves like the below shows me the market is one for kobostocks. This is for the companies called tripleg, ftncocoa. FTNCOcoa is in serious financial difficulties yet look at the chart....

Brilliant.

Super helpful.

You are obviously quite experienced with this.

I will look these up and reach out.

Thanks brother

(1) (Reply)

Bianca Ojukwu, Children Win Lawsuit To Inherit Ojukwu's Property / Claim Your Free Opay Giveaway / Ashaka Cement Delay In Publishing Financial Statement For December 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.