Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,161 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:55 AM

How Important Is Tribe In Nigerian Relationships? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Important Is Tribe In Nigerian Relationships? (8771 Views)

Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike / Nigerian Relationships Like Prostitution / Why Flowers Dont Work In Nigerian Relationships (2) (3) (4)

Re: How Important Is Tribe In Nigerian Relationships? by anonymous6(f): 2:27am On Nov 03, 2011
coogar:

tribe is very important in nigerian relationships but things are better now than it was 30 years ago.
in the next 30 years, things would get even better as more people are exposed to civilization and the bigots and tribalists die of old age and go extinct.

love knows no tribe, race, colour or height.

It doesn't matter about how educated or civilized people are, Majority of Nigerians(especially the Yoruba's and Hausa's) will always prefer & would only want to marry their own tribe, and their is nothing wrong with that
Re: How Important Is Tribe In Nigerian Relationships? by coogar: 2:43am On Nov 03, 2011
anonymous6:

It doesn't matter about how educated or civilized people are, Majority of Nigerians(especially the Yoruba's and Hausa's) will always prefer & would only want to marry their own tribe, and their is nothing wrong with that

about time we ditch that mentality.
so you mean if they find love from another tribe - they would sacrifice that feeling because they must marry from their own tribe?

no wonder the divorce rate is getting worse in nigeria.
Re: How Important Is Tribe In Nigerian Relationships? by anonymous6(f): 2:48am On Nov 03, 2011
coogar:

about time we ditch that mentality.
so you mean if they find love from another tribe - they would sacrifice that feeling because they must marry from their own tribe?

no wonder the divorce rate is getting worse in nigeria.

I don't agree, sorry I see nothing wrong in staying with your own tribe. Most people in Nigeria find love in their own tribe, so it shouldn't be a problem.

There is inter-tribal marriage but it will always be low with certain tribes in Nigeria. Not every group has to be mixed.
Re: How Important Is Tribe In Nigerian Relationships? by coogar: 2:52am On Nov 03, 2011
anonymous6:

I don't agree, sorry I see nothing wrong in staying with your own tribe. Most people in Nigeria find love in their own tribe, so it shouldn't be a problem.

There is inter-tribal marriage but it will always be low with certain tribes in Nigeria. Not every group has to be mixed.

so you are going to marry a yoruba man?

no matter what any guy from other tribe offers, no matter how much you love him, it won't rock your boat?
Re: How Important Is Tribe In Nigerian Relationships? by anonymous6(f): 2:56am On Nov 03, 2011
coogar:

so you are going to marry a yoruba man?

no matter what any guy from other tribe offers, no matter how much you love him, it won't rock your boat?

Yes, A Yoruba man all the way. It is a very low possibility that I will marry out of my tribe regardless of what they offer but I am not saying it isn't possible but highly unlikely, plus there wouldn't be a chance for me to fall in love with someone outside my tribe if I don't go into that level in the first place with a man outside my tribe.
Re: How Important Is Tribe In Nigerian Relationships? by coogar: 2:57am On Nov 03, 2011
anonymous6:

Yes, A Yoruba man all the way. It is a very low possibility that I will marry out of my tribe regardless of what they offer but I am not saying it isn't possible but highly unlikely, plus there wouldn't be a chance for me to fall in love with someone outside my tribe if I don't go into that level in the first place with a man outside my tribe.

good luck & happy married life!
Re: How Important Is Tribe In Nigerian Relationships? by anonymous6(f): 3:02am On Nov 03, 2011
coogar:

good luck & happy married life!

Re: How Important Is Tribe In Nigerian Relationships? by tpia5: 5:24am On Nov 03, 2011
shows what emigration has turned nigeria to, if we have lost nigerian men trying to discourage people marrying their own tribe.

sorry to say, why are yoruba men always leading the pack?

this is embarassing.

must you impose your personal choices and lifestyle on others?

someone is talking of divorce rate- which countries have the highest divorce rates?

i believe God gave us brains for a reason. undecided
Re: How Important Is Tribe In Nigerian Relationships? by tpia5: 6:16am On Nov 03, 2011

yes!!! duh!!!!

do you see igbo men complaining about sacrificing their love for their yoruba or hausa girlfriends in order to marry from their own tribe.

abeg go siddon for one corner!!!

small boy that you are.

been reading too many mills and boons and watching disney, therefore you think life is a fairytale. angry
Re: How Important Is Tribe In Nigerian Relationships? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:58am On Nov 03, 2011
tpia@:

yes!!! duh!!!!

do you see igbo men complaining about sacrificing their love for their yoruba or hausa girlfriends in order to marry from their own tribe.

small boy that you are.

been reading too many mills and boons and watching disney, therefore you think life is a fairytale. angry

^^ @Tpia, Lets see the igbo dating pattern?
Re: How Important Is Tribe In Nigerian Relationships? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:33pm On Nov 03, 2011
Re: How Important Is Tribe In Nigerian Relationships? by coogar: 7:46pm On Nov 03, 2011
tpia@:

yes!!! duh!!!!

small boy that you are.

tpia, shut up your mouth cos you will make an argument in an empty room.

who is complaining about igbo men or sacrificing love? i am just in shock people still think like you in the 21st century.
i am assuming you are educated and yet you have not shown any shred of exposure in your comments - talking about emigration and balderdash.

emigration is supposed to open your eyes and see how things are done in the world over. marrying from your tribe is limiting yourself when you can get plenty of options elsewhere - but then you will not understand options. you are too ugly to be considered by your tribe, let alone men of other tribes.

i have not imposed my choice on anyone and i have wished anonymous6 her goodluck before you stuck your pinocchio nose in the matter. yes, the divorce rate in nigeria is worse. worse than what it used to be 20 years ago and it's because of tribal bigots like yourself who automatically thinks anything outside your tribe is taboo and evil.
Re: How Important Is Tribe In Nigerian Relationships? by neyostica: 8:18pm On Nov 03, 2011
Sometimes i wonder if this coogar guy has any brain to reason at all.
@tpia well said, am a yor guy n have frnds frm other tribes, but can only marry a yor gal, i connect with them better
Re: How Important Is Tribe In Nigerian Relationships? by coogar: 8:33pm On Nov 03, 2011
neyostica:

Sometimes i wonder if this coogar guy has any brain to reason at all.
@tpia well said, am a yor guy n have frnds frm other tribes, but can only marry a yor gal, i connect with them better

sometimes i wonder if you were born brain dead, you neophyte!
son of a thousand fathers!

Nigerian Lady Left Facebook Users Talking Over Bare Butt / What's The Craziest Thing You've Ever Done Under The Influence Of Alcohol? / How Old Were You When You Discover The Meaning Of CC