Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,651 members, 7,801,898 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

How Do I Know My SIM Is Registered? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Do I Know My SIM Is Registered? (29511 Views)

The Most Likely Reason Why Ntel SIM Is Still Scarce / Imagine What I Got From Mtn Again After Countlessly Registering My Sim / How Do I Stop Facebook Daily Subscription Charges From My Sim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Know My SIM Is Registered? by dhtml1(m): 11:17am On Oct 01, 2011
1. I have registered my sim quite alright, but i am still getting messages that i should go and register.
2. What if someone else mistakenly registered my sim? by making a mixup, afteral someone can mix up a 0 for a 1.
     My phone number starts with 081, and yet, if you start with 080, it takes you to another existing number.
3. How come we dont get a confirmation message that our sim is registered?
4. Just how do we know that the registeration data is collated properly by the networks?

Afteral, we all saw what happened at the Election when we did something called "Electronic Registration Process".

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know My SIM Is Registered? by engrhamid(m): 12:29pm On Oct 01, 2011
dhtml .:

1. I have registered my sim quite alright, but i am still getting messages that i should go and register.
2. What if someone else mistakenly registered my sim? by making a mixup, afteral someone can mix up a 0 for a 1.
My phone number starts with 081, and yet, if you start with 080, it takes you to another existing number.
3. How come we dont get a confirmation message that our sim is registered?
4. Just how do we know that the registeration data is collated properly by the networks?

Afteral, we all saw what happened at the Election when we did something called "Electronic Registration Process".

Text reg to 3456 for glo
Text reg to 789 for mtn
Any1 who knows that of airtel and etisalat can provide it for others to benefit.
cheers!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know My SIM Is Registered? by dhtml1(m): 4:42pm On Oct 01, 2011
Gracias. Tried mtn, and it told me my sim has not been registered. And yet, i remembered registering it.
Re: How Do I Know My SIM Is Registered? by engrhamid(m): 4:47pm On Oct 01, 2011
dhtml .:

Gracias. Tried mtn, and it told me my sim has not been registered. And yet, i remembered registering it.
Then register it again if it aint too late. . .
Re: How Do I Know My SIM Is Registered? by dhtml1(m): 6:06pm On Oct 01, 2011
I am more particular about my airtel line, i don tire for these mtn people jare. Guys, airtel validation please.
Re: How Do I Know My SIM Is Registered? by engrhamid(m): 6:40pm On Oct 01, 2011
dhtml .:

I am more particular about my airtel line, i don tire for these mtn people jare. Guys, airtel validation please.
Call centre might also be of help. . .
Re: How Do I Know My SIM Is Registered? by dhtml1(m): 2:50am On Oct 02, 2011
Caramba! Do those people pick their calls? Unless i go line up for them office? And their websites are not so useful like that.
Re: How Do I Know My SIM Is Registered? by Ikroberts: 12:40pm On Oct 03, 2011
I can be sure that my Sim has been registered, by calling the network center that i am using to confirmed
Re: How Do I Know My SIM Is Registered? by chuks30: 1:53pm On Oct 03, 2011
just txt reg to 789 for mtn
and
3456 for glo suscribers
Re: How Do I Know My SIM Is Registered? by chinnyonwu(m): 2:10pm On Oct 03, 2011
dhtml .:

Caramba! Do those people pick their calls? Unless i go line up for them office? And their websites are not so useful like that.
yeah, they respond quicker these days
Re: How Do I Know My SIM Is Registered? by jmoore(m): 2:36pm On Oct 03, 2011
Those folks are just messing up. I registered all my sims with ncc for all gsm networks. The mtn sms verification worked after 1 week but last week I decided to check my mtn sim reg again and i was shocked to receive an sms that my sim is not registered. As for glo, airtel and etisalat, nothing yet. The best way to know if your sim is registered is when your line gets disconnected.
Re: How Do I Know My SIM Is Registered? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 03, 2011
is it possible to register after disconnection
Re: How Do I Know My SIM Is Registered? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 03, 2011
dhtml .:

Might take a while. I registered my mtn sim and got confirmation sms a month later I think. The first time I sent reg to 789 to confirm it told me my sim was not registered but then I tried a month later and voila!! it told me my sim has been registered.
Re: How Do I Know My SIM Is Registered? by JUO(m): 5:26pm On Oct 03, 2011
imagine sending this reg to 789 and just discovered that my sim has not been registered
Re: How Do I Know My SIM Is Registered? by PurestBoy(m): 7:13pm On Oct 03, 2011
Please how can I un-register my glo line? Is that possible at all?
Re: How Do I Know My SIM Is Registered? by goldng: 7:42pm On Oct 03, 2011
JUO:

imagine sending this reg to 789 and just discovered that my sim has not been registered

You might have to register again.

PurestBoy:

shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know My SIM Is Registered? by justi4jesu(f): 8:34pm On Oct 03, 2011
just send 'reg' to '789' and a confirmation message will be sent to you instantly,
telling you if you are registered or not,
Re: How Do I Know My SIM Is Registered? by luluosas(m): 8:39pm On Oct 03, 2011
I got a text from glo, after registering my line. For other networks, nothing yet. In fact, I have to register my MTN line twice, and the message I am still getting from 789 till today, is that, my SIM is not register.
Re: How Do I Know My SIM Is Registered? by pendusky(m): 8:42pm On Oct 03, 2011
for airtel user if ur sim card was not collected from u then it means u neva register. Cos the sim s/n must go wit the num. And u wil get a confirmatn text from 5808 wit *welcome on board* as the last part of the text. Thatz it
Re: How Do I Know My SIM Is Registered? by dhtml1(m): 9:58pm On Oct 03, 2011
When i registered my airtel, my sim was not collected from me at all, just some info.
And my mtn says i am not registered.

Mehn, na to go back dey que be that oh! See me see wahala!
Re: How Do I Know My SIM Is Registered? by mrofficial(m): 11:20pm On Oct 03, 2011
Brouhaha! I'll wait till my sim gets blocked before going to register. Imagine people who have registered still complaining of receiving messages which say their sims have not been registered with NCC. I'll say it again, Nigeria is yet to be serious. The proper way to do this is through national ID card which gives every citizen its social number.

After the N35b has been awarded, We'll still have to register again for national ID card. Idiots!

Why put the horse before the cart?
Re: How Do I Know My SIM Is Registered? by dhtml1(m): 5:52am On Oct 04, 2011
I have registered both my mtn and airtel lines. I did not receive any confirmation at all.
Meanwhile, i tried the txt reg to 789 for mtn for mtn, and it says i am not registered.

mr.official:

Brouhaha! I'll wait till my sim gets blocked before going to register. Imagine people who have registered still complaining of receiving messages which say their sims have not been registered with NCC. I'll say it again, Nigeria is yet to be serious. The proper way to do this is through national ID card which gives every citizen its social number.

After the N35b has been awarded, We'll still have to register again for national ID card. Idiots!

Why put the horse before the cart?
Maybe i should do just that too. I will simply wait.

One of my friends had an issue when his lines was blocked, and on getting to customer care, they told him that he was not the
owner of his line - that someone else has registered the line.
He dragged it with them (airtel) for awhile, i did not even ask him how it was resolved eventually - but he is still using the line sha.

When i registered my airtel, nothing was verified - no sim, no I.D. . . .just verbal questions se fin!
Re: How Do I Know My SIM Is Registered? by 3kay945(m): 8:08am On Oct 04, 2011
JUO:

Worry not. send 'reg' many times, one of it will be positive. It happen 2me. grin
Re: How Do I Know My SIM Is Registered? by 3kay945(m): 8:15am On Oct 04, 2011
I dont remember when i register one particular mtn sim of mine but anytime i send 'reg' to 789 it says i ve registrd. Mtn might be fooling us.
Re: How Do I Know My SIM Is Registered? by fredust(m): 8:25am On Oct 04, 2011
Patriotic Nigerians, Airtel telecommunication yesterday sacked all their customer care staff due to salary disagreement. They were paid abt N80,000 per month. Their services has been outsourced to a new indian company which is offering to pay N 30,000 per month ($200) with no additional incentive. Fellow Nigerian, about three thousand workers lost their jobs yesterday. Let us join hands together as one and say NO to modern day "Slavery" by a fellow "Third World Country". Stop loading your Airtel lines and on d 9th of October everyone having an Airtel sim should not "Make Calls" or "Send Texts". Enough is enough from Multi National Corporations. We are Nigerians and should be treated with respect. I do not work in Airtel but I have friends who do and this injustice must not be allowed. Thank you forward to all your friends and Family we have only 9days to strike,let's show them the power of Nigerian Youths.

someone forwarded this to me, i decided to pass it on,
Re: How Do I Know My SIM Is Registered? by mustspin: 11:52am On Oct 04, 2011
PurestBoy:

SIMPLY BREAK THE SIM. . . grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Know My SIM Is Registered? by dhtml1(m): 11:08pm On Oct 04, 2011
mustspin:

SIMPLY BREAK THE SIM. . . grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Or throw it into hot oil. . .
Re: How Do I Know My SIM Is Registered? by Alldruns: 12:11am On Oct 05, 2011
engrhamid:

Text reg to 3456 for glo
Text reg to 789 for mtn
Any1 who knows that of airtel and etisalat can provide it for others to benefit.
cheers!

Try dis 4 Airtel: text y to 38004

I've never come across dat of Etisalat.

It's unfortunate in our kind of country dat we hav 2 struggle 4 everythin. Codes like dis shouldn't be issues of hide & seek: they should be readily available at every subscriber's finget tip. Chioooo

I BEG, OCT. 9 SHOULD BE MADE REAL: SHUTTING DOWN AGAINST CRUEL AIRTEL

LET'S UNITE FOR ONCE.
Re: How Do I Know My SIM Is Registered? by dhtml1(m): 7:30pm On Oct 05, 2011
I tried the airtel code now, it returned:
Thank you for choosing AIRTEL.

It did not say whether i was registered or not.

(1) (2) (Reply)

ANDROID APP THREAD / 6 Strange Looking Smartphones Ever Made (shocking ) / NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.