Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,482 members, 7,781,439 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:24 PM

Should I Dress In The Presence Of My Five Year Old Daughter - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Dress In The Presence Of My Five Year Old Daughter (9652 Views)

My Husband Fondles Our 19-year-old Daughter’s Breasts – Woman Tells Court / Recklessly Approaching Age 40, How Should I Dress Henceforth? / He Makes Love To Me In The Presence Of Our Grown-up Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Dress In The Presence Of My Five Year Old Daughter by oolumide: 9:44am On Oct 02, 2011
I am happily married with two kids a girl and a boy. We have a very close family in which things are jointly done. House chores are shared between me and my wife. I bathe the children in the morning and get them ready for school while my wife prepared meals. Sundays I prepare breakfast while my wife dressed the children for worship.
I am bothered about how my children are raised. The question is, I dressed naked in the presence of my children my daughter inclusive. Likewise my wive, is this right? Could it affect my children growing up rightly. Though they tend to ask questions. Does anybody have this same scenario.

Regards and stay blessed
Re: Should I Dress In The Presence Of My Five Year Old Daughter by Osama10(m): 9:51am On Oct 02, 2011
At that age you need to stop dressing in their presence.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Dress In The Presence Of My Five Year Old Daughter by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 02, 2011
you shouldnt be nude to children that have begun talking(comprehending) na. Unless your household na like 'dharma and greg'
Re: Should I Dress In The Presence Of My Five Year Old Daughter by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 02, 2011
I don't think it's right. Personally, I've never been undressed in my toddler daughter's presence, from when she was born, till the present.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Dress In The Presence Of My Five Year Old Daughter by yogun(f): 2:56pm On Oct 02, 2011
I have ɑ̈ girl of 2yrs & all ready she knows d body part, she bath togeda cos i think she's ɑ̈ girl. Is dis also wrong
Her dad doesn't dress in her presence but she's curious & ask question abt d dad's private & even calls it "police"
Re: Should I Dress In The Presence Of My Five Year Old Daughter by maclatunji: 9:12am On Oct 03, 2011
yogun:

I have ɑ̈ girl of 2yrs & all ready she knows d body part, she bath togeda cos i think she's ɑ̈ girl. Is dis also wrong
Her dad doesn't dress in her presence but she's curious & ask question abt d dad's private & even calls it "police"

It is irresponsible for you to bring-up your children in a manner that they think nothing of seeing you and other people naked- i advise you to put a stop to it!
Re: Should I Dress In The Presence Of My Five Year Old Daughter by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 03, 2011
yogun:

This is worrying.

You say your husband doesn't get dressed in the presence of your daughter, yet she's asking question about his p[i]e[/i]nis, and calling it "Police." At the age of two, a child would not be giving dad's p[i]e[/i]nis a name. I can only conclude her dad told her that's what it's called.

So, this means he has undressed in the presence of his daughter. Why would he then give you the impression he hasn't?
Re: Should I Dress In The Presence Of My Five Year Old Daughter by Ndexondeck: 10:02am On Oct 03, 2011
Mind you, those things you may do in ignorance can cost you a lot in future, especially in the life of your wards. They are your investments you know, don't jeopardize their future with inexcusable and careless mistakes. Are you not aware of the fact that children of such age are highly sensitive to their environment.
My ADVICE is that you MOVE CLOSER TO GOD; for it is stated [size=20pt]"THE FEAR OF THE LORD IS THE BEGINNING OF WISDOM AND THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE HOLY ONE IS UNDERSTANDING"[/size]
Re: Should I Dress In The Presence Of My Five Year Old Daughter by tEsLim(m): 10:03am On Oct 03, 2011
Nope I dont dress even in-front of my boys. They know body parts though "kokoro = penis" and "bombom" = butt. They're 3 and 4 a year diff cheesy. And these kids are super smart. I see the older one knows its even wrong to look because I noticed he doesn't look even if he accidentally opens my room door and I'm in the bath or still kinda dressing. I'm glad I have boys I can bath them. I'll never bath my daughter if I ever have one!

No no to bathing your daughter, no to dressing infront of her, no to kissing her mouth - peck and kiss on the forehead is nice. I give boys kiss on fore head and peck on the chic baby's chic are fresh , i'm not saying it in the pervertive oh!
Re: Should I Dress In The Presence Of My Five Year Old Daughter by Ndexondeck: 10:04am On Oct 03, 2011
Hello all, can you see what fathers of these days are doing.
The fact remains that these are signs of the [size=8pt]END TIME[/size], yes indeed; it has just begun the worst is yet to come.
But thank GOD, for he will not forget his people. Accept JESUS today and be saved
Re: Should I Dress In The Presence Of My Five Year Old Daughter by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 03, 2011
tEsLim:

No no to bathing your daughter.

There's nothing wrong with giving your baby daughter a bath, up to a certain age. I bathe my daughter, and change her diapers. If my wife is out, and she soils her diapers, she's not exactly going to wait till her mom gets home, sitting in wet / soiled diapers? Occasionally, I give her a bath, have done so since birth. She's now almost 15 months old.

Applying your analogy, it means your wife wouldn't give your son a bath, which would be wrong. You're both parents, and should be sharing certain responsibilities, caring for your children. If this means bathing them, and changing their diapers, regardless of gender, then so be it.
Re: Should I Dress In The Presence Of My Five Year Old Daughter by segunjowo(m): 10:18am On Oct 03, 2011
Please don't dress in front of your children, abeg.
Re: Should I Dress In The Presence Of My Five Year Old Daughter by tEsLim(m): 10:22am On Oct 03, 2011
Oh yeah daughter that young yeah , but immediately she can tell I'm a man and i'm different from her mom. Maybe I cant bath her I just dont know , maybe its just me. I can change diapers too. Well I dont have a daughter maybe I'll learn how to take care of one when I have but I dont pray for a girl

1 Like

Re: Should I Dress In The Presence Of My Five Year Old Daughter by Ndexondeck: 10:28am On Oct 03, 2011
[size=40pt]NIGERIANS ACCEPT CHRIST FOR A BETTER NIGERIA AND FOR ETERNAL LIFE.[/size]
Re: Should I Dress In The Presence Of My Five Year Old Daughter by ifyalways(f): 10:35am On Oct 03, 2011
Undressing,bathing together with kids means you simply teaching them that they can UnCloth and bathe with anyone,there's nothing to it.

Won't be caught dead doing that.From age 2,my kids already know they've got to knock,wait for an answer before stepping into any room aside theirs.
Re: Should I Dress In The Presence Of My Five Year Old Daughter by eghost247(m): 10:38am On Oct 03, 2011
Seriously shouldnt this take common sense why would u be Unclad in front of a 5year old kid,
Re: Should I Dress In The Presence Of My Five Year Old Daughter by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 03, 2011
Ndexondeck:

[size=40pt]NIGERIANS ACCEPT CHRIST FOR A BETTER NIGERIA AND FOR ETERNAL LIFE.[/size]

Go dive for gutter!
Re: Should I Dress In The Presence Of My Five Year Old Daughter by ochukoccna: 11:04am On Oct 03, 2011
Kini big deal?
As long as U R ready to answer the question below,
Daddy ,how come U have 3 legs? shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Should I Dress In The Presence Of My Five Year Old Daughter by knightride: 11:05am On Oct 03, 2011
Actually, there's nothing wrong with it.
Some people are living in the wild (nudists) and that is how everyone in the society is being brought up

But since civilization has bastardized everything, It is better to ask them for privacy whenever you want to UnCloth.

I think this will also teach them to respect other people's privacy whenever they are out of home.
Goodluck!!

Ndexondeck:

Wetin dem ask and wetin you dey reply I hope say you no miss the section wey you wan post your message?
Re: Should I Dress In The Presence Of My Five Year Old Daughter by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 03, 2011
Ndexondeck:

You're one of the reasons why Nigeria is still the way she is, 51 years after independence. Common sense will dictate to you, that your post doesn't belong here. Stop trying to force your mor[i]o[/i]nic views onto others!

1 Like

Re: Should I Dress In The Presence Of My Five Year Old Daughter by highland(m): 11:26am On Oct 03, 2011
The children are more sensitive to what they see now, so take some caution about this.
Re: Should I Dress In The Presence Of My Five Year Old Daughter by fm7070: 11:53am On Oct 03, 2011
@poster, just stop dressing before them,
1.  Teach them to close their eyes or excuse 'daddy & mummy' whenever they mistakenly uncover their 'Totoyo'
I started doing this to my 2year old son and by the time he was 3, he would tell you to cover your bre*st or 'Totoyo' if you mistakenly open it.

2.  Teach them that no one should play with their private parts.
2 year old children are not too small to be taught that. remember that whatever you inject into the brain of this children is what they carry through their life time.

3.  immorality is one major thing that can quickly destroy the life of anyone, be it boy or girl, man or woman.
The moment you inform them about the sacredness of their private parts, it will be so difficult for any stranger or anyone to play with it.

I learnt a song from my son,

What do you do to you do to your private part
I will, (i  no understand what the boy was saying here oooooo)
It belong to me, i want it secured
I will tell my daddy if you try to touch
What do you do to your private part
I will, (i  no understand what the boy was saying here oooooo). someone can help me there
Re: Should I Dress In The Presence Of My Five Year Old Daughter by oneuniquemind(m): 11:54am On Oct 03, 2011
It's beta u ask ur kids to excuse wen u want to dress.u cud let dem knw Y.
Re: Should I Dress In The Presence Of My Five Year Old Daughter by daywatcher: 11:56am On Oct 03, 2011
i am in my mid twenties and I feel uncomfortable with dressing in the presence of my two years old niece.
Re: Should I Dress In The Presence Of My Five Year Old Daughter by oohunt: 12:42pm On Oct 03, 2011
No, you should not be naked in front of both children. Children have good memories and would always remember what they saw. So, I would advise that you and your wife (if she does too) should stop.
Re: Should I Dress In The Presence Of My Five Year Old Daughter by freecocoa(f): 12:44pm On Oct 03, 2011
I'm not married yet but when I eventually have kids I won't UnCloth in front of them when they are up to 2 years and above,from childhood till now we knock and wait for an answer before entering our parents room.
Re: Should I Dress In The Presence Of My Five Year Old Daughter by Zhulfiqar1: 1:34pm On Oct 03, 2011
islamically,it is wrong.

you should not only stop being naked infront of your daughter,also infront of your son.

also,while you can continue bathing your son,you should stop bathing your daughter.
Re: Should I Dress In The Presence Of My Five Year Old Daughter by Otunbakay(m): 1:40pm On Oct 03, 2011
It's not advisable 2 unclad in the presence of children that 're above 2years. Below that age has absolutely nothing wrong as they 're still 2 very much attach 2 their parents and still too innocent 2 notice ur uncladness. Even in worse case scenario where parents live in a single room apartment, they could even taste from the forbidden fruit if they so desire without been intimidated by their presence, usually @ night though.
Re: Should I Dress In The Presence Of My Five Year Old Daughter by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 03, 2011
Only God will save us

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Did You Get Married / Transactional Vs. Validational Sex / Should One Ask A Divorcee What Caused The Split?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.