Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,988 members, 7,806,874 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

Boko Haram Restates Conditions For Peace - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Restates Conditions For Peace (7265 Views)

2016 Budget Palaver: Presidency Gives Fresh Conditions For Assent / Shi’ites: El-zakzaky’s Followers List 5 Conditions For Peace / Deadlock As INEC Recs Give Jega Conditions For Poll Shift - PremiumTimes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Restates Conditions For Peace by umechuma: 4:05am On Oct 03, 2011
Our conditions for peace, by Boko Haram

ABUJA— Members of the Jaamatus Ahlus Sunnah Lid Daawatis Wal Jihad, a.k.a. Boko Haram yesterday celebrated the inability of the Federal Government to celebrate the nation’s 51st independence anniversary at the Eagle Square owing to threats by the group and the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND), to bomb the nation’s capital city if the celebration went ahead.

Members of the sect have also restated their determination to continue to unleash terror on government and its security forces, should the federal government refuse to meet their earlier demands.

It will be recalled that after the federal government announced that the celebration will be low keyed and denied insinuations that the low key celebration was due to fear of MEND or Boko Haram, there was a military and Police parade inside the Presidential Villa, with foreign ambassadors, High Commissioners’ and Chief de missions present at the villa to celebrate Nigeria’s 51st Independence anniversary.

Vanguard was told by security sources, that they have intelligence reports indicating that members of the Boko Haram sect celebrated their ability to restrict the independence anniversary to Aso Rock rather than the national ground, Eagle Square, where such occasions are usually held.
Incidentally, security measures put in place following the threats of the two groups are still in place and will remain for days as security agencies feel, both groups especially Boko Haram were put at bay because of the heavy security presence and checks going on in the FCT.

According to the source, “we have not rested since last Thursday and there is no indication that we would rest soon because we may be deceived that they have had a change of mind to attack. So the security cordons will go on until we are satisfied the risk threats have reduced”.

Meanwhile, spokesman of the group, Abu Qaqa in an email message sent to newsmen written in Hausa language yesterday said that “the country would not have peace until there is 100 per cent implementation of Sharia law in the country as enshrined in the holy Quran as well as immediate release of all our members who were detained and in the custody of security agencies for no just cause”.

He said the group was not satisfied with the report of the Presidential committee on Security in the north on possible negotiation with the federal government, adding that the members were even surprised that the committee told the world, that they have had a meeting with the sect in the course of their investigation, insisting that no committee ever sat with the group.

He dismissed the recommendation of the committee on the involvement of the Sultan of Sokoto, Emir of Bauchi or Abubakar Giro in the negotiation talk saying, “all these people are not respected by the sect members, and could not mediate for them”.

Meanwhile, unidentified gunmen yesterday shot and killed an Igbo butcher in broad daylight at the popular Baga Road Market. There was also a reported incident of an explosion at the same Baga Road which claimed two lives while some were seriously injured. Following these incidents, most shops in the market remained closed.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/10/our-conditions-for-peace-by-boko-haram/
Re: Boko Haram Restates Conditions For Peace by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 03, 2011
the more i read about these muslim people and their evil, the angrier i become. when will this weak government tackle them and wipe them off the face of this earth?
who is jonathan scared of?
Re: Boko Haram Restates Conditions For Peace by sylve11: 9:38am On Oct 03, 2011
this country cannot be sharialized. . . Wht's wrong with their holy quran?

No negotiation, no peace, i smell division! angry cool
Re: Boko Haram Restates Conditions For Peace by Exponental(m): 10:00am On Oct 03, 2011
Negotiation my foot.
I smell a military coup soon. Democracy is falling 9jas hands.
Re: Boko Haram Restates Conditions For Peace by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 03, 2011
Boko haram still threatening violence shows that we have an incapable government that can't guarantee the security of lives of Nigerians !
Re: Boko Haram Restates Conditions For Peace by tEsLim(m): 10:07am On Oct 03, 2011
Simple thing make we divide them no here. Make north break off make them dey practice them sharia on their own. Atleast that one go be wetin go give them GDP in the future
Re: Boko Haram Restates Conditions For Peace by Osama10(m): 10:13am On Oct 03, 2011
Let's divide this country oh.
Re: Boko Haram Restates Conditions For Peace by bisiaet: 10:15am On Oct 03, 2011
the more i read about these muslim people and their evil, the angrier i become. when will this weak government tackle them and wipe them off the face of this earth?
who is jonathan scared of?

Bros. you are not more angrier as i'm because the more I read the rants of this God forsaken animals the more my body boils up and more fury i'm as a matter of fact Boko animals has now made me to hate the religion called Islam[b](Apology to all Southern Muslims pls)[/b] and any one called hausa around me they boils me mere just seen them around me to be honest. What i said may anger them but I dont care and I have no apology to any one under this religion who is from the North who feel unhappy about it. "DAMN AND DAMN WHOEVER"
Re: Boko Haram Restates Conditions For Peace by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 03, 2011
the only solution is for us to divide and let them go and rule themselves with their stupid sharia and try to be like somalia
Re: Boko Haram Restates Conditions For Peace by Blackteeth(m): 10:18am On Oct 03, 2011
Igbo people don suffer for north oh. Anytime someone is killed it must be igbo. Igbos should leave that place naw.
Re: Boko Haram Restates Conditions For Peace by oladayo042: 10:21am On Oct 03, 2011
Did Boko Haram want peace?
Re: Boko Haram Restates Conditions For Peace by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 03, 2011
Blackteeth:

Igbo people don suffer north oh. Anytime someone is killed it must be igbo. Igbos should leave that place naw.
Na today ?
Ibos have been  targeted for long by the hausa/fulanis,they record the highest casualty in every crisis but what baffles me is how ibos and hausas can work together for Ghadaffi without killing each other !
grin
Re: Boko Haram Restates Conditions For Peace by Abujabir24: 10:24am On Oct 03, 2011
its simple as u nairalanders have said nd re saying, d country should be divided, so we can practise sharee'ah. We will be ruled by a just ruler nt dis useless northern politicians dat cnt do anytin 4 d north, dey only knw their family. They neva help us. D only state i can say is progresin is gombe, d rest re jst failing. Their children re nt in d country, if dey re den dey re either in a.u.n or turkish uni. Dats y i wnt division of d country so we can flush all d wicked northerners like ibb, ali gusau, atiku, namadi, e.t.c.
Re: Boko Haram Restates Conditions For Peace by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 03, 2011
Abujabir24:

its simple as u nairalanders have said nd re saying, d country should be divided, so we can practise sharee'ah. We will be ruled by a just ruler nt dis useless northern politicians dat cnt do anytin 4 d north, dey only knw their family. They neva help us. D only state i can say is progresin is gombe, d rest re jst failing. Their children re nt in d country, if dey re den dey re either in a.u.n or turkish uni. Dats y i wnt division of d country so we can flush all d wicked northerners like ibb, ali gusau, atiku, namadi, e.t.c.
Are these same people not the ones sponsoring boko haram to destabilize the country ? Will there be boko haram if buhari had won the presidential election ?
Re: Boko Haram Restates Conditions For Peace by baslone: 10:47am On Oct 03, 2011
umechuma:

Meanwhile, spokesman of the group, Abu Qaqa in an email message sent to newsmen written in Hausa language yesterday said that “the country would not have peace until there is 100 per cent implementation of Sharia law in the country as enshrined in the holy Quran as well as immediate release of all our members who were detained and in the custody of security agencies for no just cause”.

He said the group was not satisfied with the report of the Presidential committee on Security in the north on possible negotiation with the federal government, adding that the members were even surprised that the committee told the world, that they have had a meeting with the sect in the course of their investigation, insisting that no committee ever sat with the group.

He dismissed the recommendation of the committee on the involvement of the Sultan of Sokoto, Emir of Bauchi or Abubakar Giro in the negotiation talk saying, “all these people are not respected by the sect members, and could not mediate for them”.

Obviously, the Sultan and Emir are not Muslims, they don't believe in the same Quran and are not Northerners.

umechuma:

Meanwhile,[b] unidentified gunmen yesterday shot and killed an Igbo butcher in broad daylight [/b]at the popular Baga Road Market.

Dirty deal gone bad! sad
Re: Boko Haram Restates Conditions For Peace by john6006: 11:11am On Oct 03, 2011
Killing and violence are product of anger, anger can all be control by peaceful messages, but this goes with sacrifices.
Re: Boko Haram Restates Conditions For Peace by Abayomin70(m): 11:23am On Oct 03, 2011
we dont av a president he is just tooo dull
Re: Boko Haram Restates Conditions For Peace by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 03, 2011
Allahu akbar! Allahu akbar! Allahu akbar! I never liked christian before, nd never will i. Let me tell you, boko haram are not sponsored by any politician from north because they love this administration more than we do. Is just dat we want a peaceful and christian free society, we want our islamic republic of northern nigeria. why god created me in the midst of christians? Arrgghh!
Re: Boko Haram Restates Conditions For Peace by Blemech(f): 11:29am On Oct 03, 2011
how i wish u were nt in dis country, it could have been a bter place. Idiot
Abayomin70:

we dont av a president he is just tooo dull
Re: Boko Haram Restates Conditions For Peace by bekay911(f): 11:41am On Oct 03, 2011
God forsake
babagy82:

Allahu akbar! Allahu akbar! Allahu akbar! I never liked christian before, nd never will i. Let me tell you, boko haram are not sponsored by any politician from north because they love this administration more than we do. Is just dat we want a peaceful and christian free society, we want our islamic republic of northern nigeria. why god created me in the midst of christians? Arrgghh!

God forsaken people if u want 2 av ur own rep do it at the expense of ur own lives nt ours dis country is gettn bloodier and i bet Jonathan csnt get his hand dirty. i dont think his d man 4 dis job. Des ppl deserve no mercy and pity.I f govt cant procrect us den we shud take law into our own hands. After all if person steal we render street justice i dont c d reason y we cant do d same to killers n cold blooded hungry and blood thirsty animals
Re: Boko Haram Restates Conditions For Peace by ideylaff: 11:56am On Oct 03, 2011
when is GEJ going to be sworn in, as President

or has he grin
Re: Boko Haram Restates Conditions For Peace by BetaThings: 12:31pm On Oct 03, 2011
bekay911:

God forsake
God forsaken people if u want 2 av your own rep do it at the expense of your own lives nt ours dis country is gettn bloodier and i bet Jonathan csnt get his hand dirty. i dont think his d man 4 dis job. Des ppl deserve no mercy and pity.I f govt cant procrect us den we shud take law into our own hands. After all if person steal we render street justice i dont c d reason y we cant do d same to killers n cold blooded hungry and blood thirsty animals

Why bother with somebody like this! Tell him to explain Islam to you if he truly understands it.
Re: Boko Haram Restates Conditions For Peace by 1soul(m): 12:34pm On Oct 03, 2011
@Babagy or whatever you call urself, We are better of without you bloody vampires from the North . You hate christians for no just reason and yet we share thesame country!? I don't blame you, I blame the whitemen that amalgamated us into one imperfect entity. 51 years couldn't heal the stitches, that goes a long way to show how incompatible we are and will forever remain. The end is here already, I can't wait to wear a new and better identity than this one that puts me through intense security scrutiny at airports as potential terrorist each time I'm travelling, all because of my God forsaken Nationality. Yes! every Nigerian is seen as a potential threat and it's all because of this same North. I just pity the liberal muslims amidst them. they might as well be hunted as saboteours after the eventual collapse of Nigeria.

Democratic Republic of Southern Nigeria is now or never!!

Southern Nigeria= SE+SS+SW+NC.

It shall come to pass in Jesus Name!!
Re: Boko Haram Restates Conditions For Peace by 1soul(m): 12:34pm On Oct 03, 2011
@Babagy or whatever you call urself, We are better of without you bloody vampires from the North . You hate christians for no just reason and yet we share thesame country!? I don't blame you, I blame the whitemen that amalgamated us into one imperfect entity. 51 years couldn't heal the stitches, that goes a long way to show how incompatible we are and will forever remain. The end is here already, I can't wait to wear a new and better identity than this one that puts me through intense security scrutiny at airports as potential terrorist each time I'm travelling, all because of my God forsaken Nationality. Yes! every Nigerian is seen as a potential threat and it's all because of this same North. I just pity the liberal muslims amidst them. they might as well be hunted as saboteours after the eventual collapse of Nigeria.

Democratic Republic of Southern Nigeria is now or never!!

Southern Nigeria= SE+SS+SW+NC.

It shall come to pass in Jesus Name!!
Re: Boko Haram Restates Conditions For Peace by victorazy(m): 12:37pm On Oct 03, 2011
Holy Quran? i wonder why ppl are reading the book filled with deceptions.
Bible is serious preaching peace, healing and prosperity while Quran is forcing people to join and fight for him "will mortal man fight for the gods" the gods should fight for themselves Bible: The battle is mine not for human being" that's why they are gods, more superior than man with flesh and blood. This whole scenario is simply telling us that the god Quran is telling us is not the real god, not the Almighty One reminding me the film (CLASH OF THE TITANS) the wicked god find it pleasure killing people (no sentiment)
Re: Boko Haram Restates Conditions For Peace by BetaThings: 12:39pm On Oct 03, 2011
bisiaet:

Bros. you are not more angrier as i'm because the more I read the rants of this God forsaken animals the more my body boils up and more fury i'm as a matter of fact Boko animals has now made me to hate the religion called Islam[b](Apology to all Southern Muslims pls)[/b] and any one called hausa around me they boils me mere just seen them around me to be honest. What i said may anger them but I dont care and I have no apology to any one under this religion who is from the North who feel unhappy about it. "DAMN AND DAMN WHOEVER"

And you think these people truly represent Islam? They kill muslims. They denounce the Sultan. Who and what do they represent?

The Press also neglect to ask them where in the Quran they derive their methodology for spreading Islam from
Remember that this same group called Ramadan a sacred month. Any primary school child who has studied IRS for 3 or 4 years knows this is incorrect
These guys that want Sharia and want to kill and bomb to achieve don't know. It is pathetic
They are on a roll now. But they will be defeated. I am sure of that
Re: Boko Haram Restates Conditions For Peace by bisiaet: 12:41pm On Oct 03, 2011
May God punish Lord Luggard and all those who signed the pact wherever they are by allowing this HIV's called the North to be part of Nigeria.

Lord Luggard wherever you are I repeat God will punish you for allowing this animals be part of Nigeria as a matter of fact wherever you are Lord Luggard you will know no peace

I rest my case.
Re: Boko Haram Restates Conditions For Peace by nanidee(f): 12:50pm On Oct 03, 2011
TĦey are just a bunch of sick people, Deranged group.
Re: Boko Haram Restates Conditions For Peace by victorazy(m): 12:50pm On Oct 03, 2011
bisiaet:

May God punish Lord Luggard and all those who signed the pact wherever they are by allowing this HIV's called the North to be part of Nigeria.

Lord Luggard wherever you are I repeat God will punish you for allowing this animals be part of Nigeria.

I rest my case.

What else are you expecting from white man?
The animals are even better than these people.
I never see the kind of jealous and selfish people like these lazy people
I love Igbos who can stand for the better future, Ojukwu who foresee this problem and tried to separate from it.
Re: Boko Haram Restates Conditions For Peace by Biscute(f): 12:56pm On Oct 03, 2011
If boko haram meant business they should come out less test the leather / fire power, face less cows

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej / Ezekwesili Got It Wrong! By Labaran Maku / BREAKING NEWS: Nuhu Ribadu Joins PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.