Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,821 members, 7,798,778 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1272194 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (421) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Topal: 11:38am On Sep 02, 2012
Hi everyone,
So good to see that new people are joining like me a while ago,

@blendy-no worry,the babe is yours as soon as she comes out.am glad to hear that the twins are doing fine.

I hope this our mentality about ivf will stop in naija cause a lot more people will benefit from it,I met a lady in bridge during one of their seminars and she said her hubby didn't want her to come with her baby girl cos everyone would call her ivf baby!!...imagine my shock...like even the hubby can say that.

Anyway,I put all those that are trying to God's hand,your good news is around the corner
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oviasouth: 11:05am On Sep 03, 2012
if i may ask ladies, how many days do u go on suprefact injection or bruserelin if started on the 21st day of cycle before stimming?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by VENUSS(f): 11:49am On Sep 03, 2012
@paslm23 where are u ? i pray u are coping wel. @ ovia, i think it all depends on how well u respond,bit its usuasll 2-3 wks.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oviasouth: 2:47pm On Sep 03, 2012
thanks venuss. hw r u preparingfor ur upcoming cycle? will u still do it in kd?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 3:36am On Sep 04, 2012
Topal thks a bunch. Hope our baby girl has started kicking gradually?

Ovia, I think you keep taking suprefact till the last day of stimmi. There is a single dose they give atimes but he didn't use it for my last cycle for reasons best known to him cos that one is actually better but more expensive. So give and take, 3-4weeks.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oviasouth: 9:58am On Sep 04, 2012
@blendy, thanks a bunch. hw r ur twins coming along? pls be praying for us to join ur camp soonest oh. will start anoda cycle in october. by God's grace it shall be a success and no miscarriage. happy and healthy 9 mnths.hw did u prepare for ur ivf cycle? i mean any tips?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 1:37pm On Sep 04, 2012
Nothing jor, I know I did some serious herbal baths for infections, one mama gave me leaves in warri to boil and seat on for three days, some to drink etc. but i did all that before the flushing and even before going to bridge this year so cant say if it worked or not but can conveniently say consistent discharge I had for a long time disappeared. i did it a year before this ivf that got me pregnant so cannot say it helped. The woman is an herbal midwife (ijaw massager according to NLanders)and gave me those stuff to clear infections since she believed i wasnt getting pregnant cos my system was dirty (lol, according to her) but I still didnt get pregnant on my own so cant tell but my friends who told me about her got pregnant with her treatment (that was why i went in the first place). Not evryone believes in native herbs but my area (naija delta) we dont forbid it.
Just relax, clear any infection if any and take your multivitamins judiciously. Above all, pray without seizing cos its God that gives.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pslm23(f): 2:24am On Sep 05, 2012
hi ladies,! Wow! i'm so glad to see the help and interactions going on here! baby dust to everybody.
Thanks to everybody that asked after me when i was going through a mental break down. There has been a major development in my situation so for now, I'll be a silent viewer for the time being but will answer any questions based on whatever experience i had.
I know one thing for sure, i will have my child!

Blendy77, God bless you sis.

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oviasouth: 11:14am On Sep 05, 2012
@blendy thank u so much. @psalm 23, welcome back.weve missed u. all my ttc sisters, babydust to all.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pslm23(f): 8:06pm On Sep 06, 2012
@Blendy, you made me cry with that comment! I love you girl!!
I was in London for 2 weeks. I will be in Naija for Christmas! Spending 2 weeks. It would be awesome if some of us could meet up in person!

Baby dust to all and lots and lots of sticky vibes to those stimming or in the 2 week wait! It is well IJN!!

p.s. Blendy, i will sign up to that site as soon as i get home!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 5:16pm On Sep 07, 2012
It is well my sister, call me when u enter naija.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MrsM: 11:47pm On Sep 09, 2012
Hello everyone! Ivf is starting at the end of the month as this is when I get my period( we decided to use my natural cycle). Doc said i should come to the clinic a day before AF. He hasnt given me any drugs or anything like that...and i've been reading about drugs and injections. Is this normal?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pslm23(f): 3:44pm On Sep 10, 2012
Congratulations and lots and lots of sticky vibes MrsM...
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MrsChima1(f): 2:56am On Sep 11, 2012
IVF is a tricky thing and my hat goes off to those would can endure such hardship. I do hope that you all receive positive results however strongly encourage those to give adoption a chance. There are millions of babies/children in the world without mothers/fathers that would appreciate a love from someone that is caring and stable.

I know adoption is taboo with Africans but some of us are made to have children and some of us are made to receive children. Just because a person has a baby doesn't mean that the baby is right for them.

Just thought to share that because adoption is always the last resort for most families.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 11, 2012
All this baby talk makes me want one. Lol
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by agiboma(f): 8:23pm On Sep 11, 2012
Mrs..Chima:
IVF is a tricky thing and my hat goes off to those would can endure such hardship. I do hope that you all receive positive results however strongly encourage those to give adoption a chance. There are millions of babies/children in the world without mothers/fathers that would appreciate a love from someone that is caring and stable.

I know adoption is taboo with Africans but some of us are made to have children and some of us are made to receive children. Just because a person has a baby doesn't mean that the baby is right for them.

Just thought to share that because adoption is always the last resort for most families.

Well said
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MrsChima1(f): 1:28am On Sep 12, 2012
MsDarkSkin: All this baby talk makes me want one. Lol

You can have mine.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MrsChima1(f): 1:29am On Sep 12, 2012
agiboma:

Well said

Winks.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 2:07am On Sep 12, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

You can have mine.

time, date, and location of the exchange! cool
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 9:03am On Sep 12, 2012
Mrs Chima, can you tell us how easy it is to adopt in Nigeria and particularly Lagos state. The last time I checked, its not as easy as you sound here. There are people who submitted their application letters over 2-3years now and they are yet to get approval. I submitted my own letter at Alausa since September last year and up till now I havent been invited even for interview cos according to them people submitted their application letters earlier than mine and they also havent been invited. Except the adoption you are refering to here is the illegal one done in the East where babies are sold for 300k and above. Because the stress and fustration encountered by trying to adopt legally has made a lot people to go through the illegal way and that accounts for the increase in so many illegal homes where teenage pregant girls are harboured and kept till delivery.
So before you start telling us about adoption and how some people are made to have children while others are not (don"t know where you got that from anyway), please advise the authorities involved in adoption to make the process easy for couples who are genuinely interested in adopting and can afford to take care of the babies. If you think adoption is a taboo in Africa then you havent done your homework properly because you need to visit these ministry to ascertain the number of application letters they receive in a month not to talk of a year. not only Lagos, please go round to other states like Delta and Rivers because the Delta state government recently gave out over 80 babies and the PRO of that ministry said they receive an average of 10,000 applications a year. It was all over the news so do your research well my sister.

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oviasouth: 11:40am On Sep 12, 2012
mrs chima, i feel shocked with ur statement that sme are meant to ve children and others r nt? which category do u belong to? to ve am sure.d yearning to ve a biological child when u can not is nt easy to explain. its easy for others to simply say y nt adopt. do u knw d feeling of having smone dat is frm u? i say ladies, try evry thing u can to ve ur baby. if it is impossible after all then u can adopt if u wish.we ttc ladies know wat we go through. and also d vaccum in our hearts which i knw God will feel by making it happen for us.pple shld'nt just drop stupid statements dat will nt b as easy if they r in others shoes. babydust to all mothers expecting.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by peziz(f): 1:06pm On Sep 12, 2012
Wow! I started reading ds thread today at about 9:15am, i must say God bless everyone and all Tcc women, the lord will embarass y'all with baby blessing. @op, you will certainly have your own kids ijn, Amen.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MrsChima1(f): 3:23pm On Sep 12, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

time, date, and location of the exchange! cool

What am I gon tell Chima?!!! grin grin grin

He ain't never raised his hands to me but I think this will get me an arsewhooping! grin grin grin
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MrsChima1(f): 3:34pm On Sep 12, 2012
oviasouth: mrs chima, i feel shocked with ur statement that sme are meant to ve children and others r nt? which category do u belong to? to ve am sure.d yearning to ve a biological child when u can not is nt easy to explain. its easy for others to simply say y nt adopt. do u knw d feeling of having smone dat is frm u? i say ladies, try evry thing u can to ve ur baby. if it is impossible after all then u can adopt if u wish.we ttc ladies know wat we go through. and also d vaccum in our hearts which i knw God will feel by making it happen for us.pple shld'nt just drop stupid statements dat will nt b as easy if they r in others shoes. babydust to all mothers expecting.

My bluntness have it good and bad sides....I wasn't my intention to upset anyone that is trying to conceive. I am just speaking the reality of the world we live in. It is unfortunate that we have some people that can have children and can't have children. However, some people will never be able to conceive and the point of the origin relating to adoption was to give adults the opportunity to raise children that aren't biologically theirs.

Having a child of your own doesn't mean that you are fit to be a parent and adopting someone's child doesn't make you less of a parent. I am a strong advocate of adoption because there are millions of children without parents and the world is overpopulated. If I could convince my husband to accept adoption I would have adopted some children myself because I believe we can change the world with one or two child at a time.

I know it is against the African community not to adopt children because then it question the fertility ability and trigger unfathomable shame. Once we are one with God...we see the bigger picture and it is not always about us.

I am not exactly sure how adoption works in Nigeria but I am sure that many children without parents would love to have parent that cares and love them unconditionally. Maybe that is a subject that Nigerian citizens need to address with their political party encouraging public adoption with strict regulation of course. Many children are taken and sold into sex and slavery.

I know it can be difficult to face reality that you may not be able to conceive a child...but know that God made all things good. Trust in HIM and he will direct your happiness.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MrsChima1(f): 3:36pm On Sep 12, 2012
Blendy77: Mrs Chima, can you tell us how easy it is to adopt in Nigeria and particularly Lagos state. The last time I checked, its not as easy as you sound here. There are people who submitted their application letters over 2-3years now and they are yet to get approval. I submitted my own letter at Alausa since September last year and up till now I havent been invited even for interview cos according to them people submitted their application letters earlier than mine and they also havent been invited. Except the adoption you are refering to here is the illegal one done in the East where babies are sold for 300k and above. Because the stress and fustration encountered by trying to adopt legally has made a lot people to go through the illegal way and that accounts for the increase in so many illegal homes where teenage pregant girls are harboured and kept till delivery.
So before you start telling us about adoption and how some people are made to have children while others are not (don"t know where you got that from anyway), please advise the authorities involved in adoption to make the process easy for couples who are genuinely interested in adopting and can afford to take care of the babies. If you think adoption is a taboo in Africa then you havent done your homework properly because you need to visit these ministry to ascertain the number of application letters they receive in a month not to talk of a year. not only Lagos, please go round to other states like Delta and Rivers because the Delta state government recently gave out over 80 babies and the PRO of that ministry said they receive an average of 10,000 applications a year. It was all over the news so do your research well my sister.

My statement about adoption has nothing to do with Nigeria. I suggest you read and research my previous comment minus getting defensive. My statement was about supporting adoption and encouraging people that the boat doesn't stop at infertility..there are other options and adoption is one of them.

Don't take it personal.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MrsChima1(f): 3:44pm On Sep 12, 2012
oviasouth: mrs chima, i feel shocked with ur statement that sme are meant to ve children and others r nt? which category do u belong to? to ve am sure.d yearning to ve a biological child when u can not is nt easy to explain. its easy for others to simply say y nt adopt. do u knw d feeling of having smone dat is frm u? i say ladies, try evry thing u can to ve ur baby. if it is impossible after all then u can adopt if u wish.we ttc ladies know wat we go through. and also d vaccum in our hearts which i knw God will feel by making it happen for us.pple shld'nt just drop stupid statements dat will nt b as easy if they r in others shoes. babydust to all mothers expecting.

One more thing....encouraging and supporting adoption is not a stupid statement...it is a reality that many have came to accept. It is not about you. There are millions of women and men who can't have children of their own but they have learned to accept reality and found other ways to become parents they have always wanted to be.

No..I am not in your shoe however there are other things that have happened in my life that I had to learned to accept reality for what it is. Getting upset will not change anything but increase your blood pressure. There are other things that people are going through not necessarily infertility issues but other things...so consideration for others goes BOTH WAYS.

People spend time wallowing in their misery that they forget that other people have miseries as well. It may not be similar but it is still misery. Some of us learned to adapt, modify, and seek a different route to our happiness.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 4:12pm On Sep 12, 2012
You might just have to retrieve the statement that some people are not meant to have children. Nobody is meant not to have children and if you have then go and thank God for you and I want to believe you have people either in your family or friends around you who are also suffering from either primary or secondary infertility. I was wondering why your hubby doesnt want you to adopt. You might also want to share his reasons with us cos its obvious he still wouldnt have allowed you to adopt even if you're among those who are not meant to have children. If you also read most of my mails, you would have also read where I wrote about adoption and surrogacy as last resort so coming here to tell us about adoption is not what we already dont know.
finally, all the ladies on this forum are Nigerians so since you're well grounded about adoption, let the relevant authorities know like I said that their process is too rigorous and fustrating for the few that want to consider adoption. I was actually expecting to hear you alreday adopted so since you dont have the nerves to adopt alongside with your biological children, please leave those that want to have their biological kids alone, dont come and tell us what we already dont know. Thank God for u, the best you can do is either to encourage those seeking ivf or read our posts in silence but coming here to say some people are not meant to have their own but receive is very harsh of you.

5 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by camrygmail: 4:53pm On Sep 12, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

I know adoption is taboo with Africans but some of us are made to have children and some of us are made to receive children[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]. Just because a person has a baby doesn't mean that the baby is right for them.

I have been very silent on NL these days. but when I read MS. CHIMA's post a few days ago. i was like shocked

I have read many insentive comments on NL and I have several times had to remind myself that everyone has a right to their opinion.

I am not sure what Ms.Chima's intention's were, and i can not say for certain that she has read all the pages on this this thread.

but her comment about "some of us are made to have children" is totally offensive to any woman with fertility issues. who are you to classify women as such. so in other words you are one of the women who is able to have children.

I thank God for beign God and that His word can only be final. because if man was to decide my case, they would have classified me as one who was not supposed to have children. I am blessed and thankfull to God for the opportunity to TTC and finally have a bundle of Joy to testify that all women are created by God to be fruitful.

On the other hand i am african- yoruba- and I never shyed away from adopting. my parents were foster parents to several children while growing up in Nigeria even after God bless them with children and they did not TTC. I am saying adoption is not only for TTC. Mrs Chima you can convince Mr Chima to adopt or become a foster parent. but you say that some women are not meant to have children makes my skin crawl and makes me think of how highly you consider yourself over those with fertility issues and instead think of how God has blessed you with the opporutnity to be a mother.

I rarely vex but this one vex me o.

5 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MrsChima1(f): 6:15pm On Sep 12, 2012
Blendy77: You might just have to retrieve the statement that some people are not meant to have children. Nobody is meant not to have children and if you have then go and thank God for you and I want to believe you have people either in your family or friends around you who are also suffering from either primary or secondary infertility. I was wondering why your hubby doesnt want you to adopt. You might also want to share his reasons with us cos its obvious he still wouldnt have allowed you to adopt even if you're among those who are not meant to have children. If you also read most of my mails, you would have also read where I wrote about adoption and surrogacy as last resort so coming here to tell us about adoption is not what we already dont know.
finally, all the ladies on this forum are Nigerians so since you're well grounded about adoption, let the relevant authorities know like I said that their process is too rigorous and fustrating for the few that want to consider adoption. I was actually expecting to hear you alreday adopted so since you dont have the nerves to adopt alongside with your biological children, please leave those that want to have their biological kids alone, dont come and tell us what we already dont know. Thank God for u, the best you can do is either to encourage those seeking ivf or read our posts in silence but coming here to say some people are not meant to have their own but receive is very harsh of you.

Yes, I know some people personally that is going through infertility issues and I have said the exact same thing to them. Some of them are opting for adoption and some of them will continue procedures.

My husband's reason for not adopting is we are able to have children and at this time adoption isn't in the books for him.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MrsChima1(f): 6:22pm On Sep 12, 2012
camrygmail:

I have been very silent on NL these days. but when I read MS. CHIMA's post a few days ago. i was like shocked

I have read many insentive comments on NL and I have several times had to remind myself that everyone has a right to their opinion.

I am not sure what Ms.Chima's intention's were, and i can not say for certain that she has read all the pages on this this thread.

but her comment about "some of us are made to have children" is totally offensive to any woman with fertility issues. who are you to classify women as such. so in other words you are one of the women who is able to have children.

I thank God for beign God and that His word can only be final. because if man was to decide my case, they would have classified me as one who was not supposed to have children. I am blessed and thankfull to God for the opportunity to TTC and finally have a bundle of Joy to testify that all women are created by God to be fruitful.

On the other hand i am african- yoruba- and I never shyed away from adopting. my parents were foster parents to several children while growing up in Nigeria even after God bless them with children and they did not TTC. I am saying adoption is not only for TTC. Mrs Chima can convince Mr Chima to adopt or become a foster parent. but saying that some women are meant to have children makes my skin crawl and makes me think of highly you consider yourself and not how God bless you with the opporutnity to be a mother.

I rarely vex but this one vex me o.

You obviously don't know me. If I didn't have any children nor couldn't have any children...I will still maintain that not everyone can have children or shouldn't have children..I also stated that it applies to people who also can have children. I do not see why people are getting defensive when it applies to[size=22pt] EVERYONE.[/size] undecided undecided undecided

You are right...people have rights to their opinion and people should also respect that everything isn't about them as well. Would it be better if I told a lie saying that everyone is MEANT TO HAVE CHILDREN It is also offensive to tell people who can have children that they aren't meant to have children as well. You did not think that was offensive....why are you selective

It is also good to be objective when reading opinions that may differs from yours.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by camrygmail: 6:47pm On Sep 12, 2012
Mrs Chima,

I am happy you responded. i calmly reject your stance and I say again your statement does not apply to everyone.

Oh yes! you have right to your opinion and so do I (like i stated before). what I choose to know as the truth may differ from what you chose to know as the truth. I would be a tyrant to impose my truth on EVERYONE that being said. i have a right to say and post that i don't support Mrs Chima Opinion and trust me I am not in anyway beign defensive or selective.

Good luck to you.
Camry...

To the other ladies on their TTC journey. I pray God proves Himself in your lives.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (421) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: Samadict(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.