Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,662 members, 7,801,914 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1273244 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (421) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 3:07pm On Oct 21, 2015
shithapuns:
Any idea of surrogate options cost in nigeria?
We r thinking of commencing our procedure in dec..n since we r looking for multiples...wud transfer 3 or 4 embies...
Still thinking of transfering 1 or 2 embies to a surrogate mom..as a back up plan....ie waiting if we hv a bfn...then just commence the surrogacy route.....
Any1 has an idea of the surrogate mom charges in nigeria?
Madam! I remember telling u to change this ur moniker o!shit cannot happen nwanne rather grace will happen.
For this your enquiry I had to go through my phone and called them to make sure. They once advertised here. Open health -+2348181372918
Says ivf and surrogate is 4m. If u wan transfer to your womb join, na plus 200k. According to the man, they keep on trying until bfp same cost.
Do get back to us with your findings.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 21, 2015
@
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oluwashindara01: 8:05pm On Oct 21, 2015
chigirl45:

pls i hv been a silent reader and have gained a lot on here.Just want to know if u hv used st ives before now,whts their success rate for both iui and ivf,cos i just registered with them.
My dear Na God hand dis tin dey o..... Though st Ives is good and well put together I have done one Isi with them which didn't thick....I can't prob anybody for that o, pp do more than once b4 getting d result ......how was ur visit like ....
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by RipVanWink: 9:52pm On Oct 21, 2015
thanks @ ladyguinivere... 4million naira!!!!!!!!!!! faints faints

georges and olive branch, trying to compare the two.
learnt the owner of olive branch formerly worked at georges, really confused...dont know which is beta, they r about same cost , though it appears olive is 100 to 200k higher
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by HD16: 10:04pm On Oct 21, 2015
RipVanWink:

learnt the owner of olive branch formerly worked at georges, really confused...dont know which is beta, they r about same cost , though it appears olive is 100 to 200k higher

I used Olive Branch and I can speak for their excellent service and personalised care. That's something they don't even joke with at all. I'm now with George's for antenatal but mehn the difference is clear. Time and time again I still go back to Olive Branch just to say hello and even the doctor will still call to find out how I'm doing. If I could make the choice for you, I would say Olive Branch grin

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by VENUSS(f): 10:10pm On Oct 21, 2015
RipVanWink:

@ripvanwink...... Olive shared same building with Georges before he moved. How is everyone holding up? Baby blessings to all. ((((Hugs))))

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Wokeyim(f): 10:24pm On Oct 21, 2015
Good evening Mamas. I want to know if it is safe to fly immediately after an IVF treatment and how immediate?

A friend is weighing her options. She wants to do her IVF in Dubai but is scared about how safe it is to fly back to Nigeria with a few days pregancy, since she will have to resume work not long after.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Beetle: 6:17am On Oct 22, 2015
Wokeyim, how long is the flight? My only ever BFP was done abroad, had ET on Sunday and flew home the next day. Was carrying bags and all, took a 3 hr train and a bus ride from one city to the airport. Now arrived in UK in the evening and the following day was on a 3 hr train ride to Manchester to visit my bro and it worked. So if it's going to work it will. All other cycles I would chill out for 2 weeks, result BFN. My first ever BFP, I never relaxed and it happened.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by HD16: 6:22am On Oct 22, 2015
Wokeyim:
Good evening Mamas. I want to know if it is safe to fly immediately after an IVF treatment and how immediate?

A friend is weighing her options. She wants to do her IVF in Dubai but is scared about how safe it is to fly back to Nigeria with a few days pregancy, since she will have to resume work not long after.

Can she hold on in Dubai for like 5days? It think it will be good if she can take a rest especially after the egg transfer before flying back.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by jill28: 8:21am On Oct 22, 2015
Hi there... I also think it is good to consider options like clinics in Nigeria. I was also between two minds between going abroad and staying in Nigeria... I am currently on my first cycle of IVF and it is very promising. I have amazing doctors who have been supporting me and walking with me through my journey. So my point is, it is all good and well to go overseas but also consider looking at options at home as having the family and support from loved ones is also mandatory. All the best with everything smiley
HD16:

Can she hold on in Dubai for like 5days? It think it will be good if she can take a rest especially after the egg transfer before flying back.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by jill28: 9:41am On Oct 22, 2015
Hi Ma, I am new on Nairaland but having read your message and I am aware of a clinic that can assist you with a way forward. I am currently going through my IVF cycle with this clinic and they are loving and have been guiding me through every step of the way. I do now they do surrogacy as well. Please feel free to message me and I can give you details if you require. God's blessings
shithapuns:
Any idea of surrogate options cost in nigeria?
We r thinking of commencing our procedure in dec..n since we r looking for multiples...wud transfer 3 or 4 embies...
Still thinking of transfering 1 or 2 embies to a surrogate mom..as a back up plan....ie waiting if we hv a bfn...then just commence the surrogacy route.....
Any1 has an idea of the surrogate mom charges in nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 12:32pm On Oct 22, 2015
jill28:
Hi Ma, I am new on Nairaland but having read your message and I am aware of a clinic that can assist you with a way forward. I am currently going through my IVF cycle with this clinic and they are loving and have been guiding me through every step of the way. I do now they do surrogacy as well. Please feel free to message me and I can give you details if you require. God's blessings
Plz the essence of this thread is to SHARE info publicly so others can learn or pick and choose.
All this 'with one clinic...'
Jah bless

11 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Itissettled3: 7:22pm On Oct 22, 2015
I have used both and they r both good.

RipVanWink:

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by RipVanWink: 9:50pm On Oct 22, 2015
Itissettled3:
I have used both and they r both good.

thanks.......wch one gave u bfp?...wch of them did mock transfer?
any tips/advice for us?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Itissettled3: 10:46am On Oct 23, 2015
Tip: Do a hysteroscopy, it is very important. Presently doing a cycle with Georges and they didn't mention mock transfer.

RipVanWink:

thanks.......wch one gave u bfp?...wch of them did mock transfer?
any tips/advice for us?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nogen: 10:46am On Oct 24, 2015
RipVanWink:

Wrong information! He didn't work there but used the facility as an independent doctor.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by chigirl45: 1:14pm On Oct 24, 2015
jill28:
if you have been going thru other peoples post,u wld c they mentioned the name of the hospitals they used.if the hospital u are using is good enough,say the name publicly so other ttc women can give them a try.If u cant,then keep it to urslf.

7 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 2:35pm On Oct 24, 2015
Welcome back nogen. I bless God for u and ur army o!

@Ripvanwick mock transfer ke!
For tips
1. Must. Do a hysterescopy before ivf. After. 3 failed cycles I redid a h/scopy and saw an ugly septum. Which is very unhealthy for embies. Request endo scratch/ implantation cuts as part of the h/scopy.
2. Do an immune protocol
3. Pray

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nogen: 2:45pm On Oct 24, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
Welcome back nogen. I bless God for u and ur army o!

@Ripvanwick mock transfer ke!
For tips
1. Must. Do a hysterescopy before ivf. After. 3 failed cycles I redid a h/scopy and saw an ugly septum. Which is very unhealthy for embies. Request endo scratch/ implantation cuts as part of the h/scopy.
2. Do an immune protocol
3. Pray

Thanks my sister. We are all fine.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by larryb12: 6:36am On Oct 25, 2015
ManchyBabe:

Hi Friutfulvine,

I just replied you on the pregnancy thread.

I might as well share my story now here. But let me answer your question, I had (3 embiees transfered) at day 5 *blastocyst*. My hospital had initially told me they could transfer 5 and see how many will implant, anyway 2 planted out of the 3, but I had and Angel baby @ 7weeks 1day, i wanted multiples so I was very Sad, but God knows best.

Am currently 17weeks and 4days. I have my ivf procedure done in India, due blocked tubes. I tried everything in my whole 5yrs of TTC, this includes tube flushing, gui bao, nothing happened and I left it in Gods hands and went for ivf.

Like I mentioned in the other thread between ET and 12weeks of being pregnant I was taking 800mg of progesterone and 2 injections which consist of (progesterone and estrogen) daily and another 2 which I can't recall their names, totally between 150 - 200 injections so far.. Hasn't been easy but I thank God for strength.

If anyone has any question and I have an answer to i will gladly reply.

Baby dust to everyone..

Please what was the total cost for the ivf in india including accommodation and all and please share the name of the hospital

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Moyinoluwa83: 8:36am On Oct 25, 2015
We are fine o. How is d pushing ministry? May God make it easy for you. Btw Parkeland hospital in surulere is good.

Sprinkling baby dust to everyone. He makes all things perfect in His time. HUGGS
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Triplet2015: 9:59am On Oct 25, 2015
Hi mummies in the house,
I v been a silent follower of this thread. However I v learnt a lot from dis thread.
I v been trying to conceive for d past 5yrs and to no avail. I v been struggling with hyperprolactinemia since uni days which has also caused my period to stop. I v used bromocriptine but this condition is yet to be resolved. I listened to a radio programm whereby a woman from Olayimika Natural Hospital said it can be treated using herbs. I ll appreciate it if anyone with similar condition can share their experience with me.
Pls has anyone also heard of this natural hospital before. I NEED HELP. THANKS
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 25, 2015
Triplet2015:
Hi mummies in the house,
I v been a silent follower of this thread. However I v learnt a lot from dis thread.
I v been trying to conceive for d past 5yrs and to no avail. I v been struggling with hyperprolactinemia since uni days which has also caused my period to stop. I v used bromocriptine but this condition is yet to be resolved. I listened to a radio programm whereby a woman from Olayimika Natural Hospital said it can be treated using herbs. I ll appreciate it if anyone with similar condition can share their experience with me.
You can use cabergoline.Its effective but costly.Be wary of all these herbs unless tested and trusted ones.Dont use your body as a testing ground sha oooo
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by iyomomo(f): 6:49pm On Oct 25, 2015
Triplet2015:
Hi mummies in the house,
I personally used ewedu (like N50 worth blended wit some water crayfish n a pinch of salt , cooked 4
3-5mins, pour in a big mug and drink first tin in d morning) den take 50mg vitamin b6 in d evening, n bromo just b4 bed.
I don't get a chance to retest,Cos i got my bfp exactly 2 months later.
NB. I was also on metformin + fish oil for pcos .
Wish u fertility blessings!

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Triplet2015: 9:53pm On Oct 25, 2015
zeezzy:
You can use cabergoline.Its effective but costly.Be wary of all these herbs unless tested and trusted ones.Dont use your body as a testing ground sha oooo

Thank you very much Zezzy for your prompt response. I will switch to Cabergoline. Pls do u know how long it takes for Cabergoline to restore one's period because bromocriptine never did. I had to always take primolut to induce my period. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Triplet2015: 9:56pm On Oct 25, 2015
iyomomo:

I personally used ewedu (like N50 worth blended wit some water crayfish n a pinch of salt , cooked 4
3-5mins, pour in a big mug and drink first tin in d morning) den take 50mg vitamin b6 in d evening, n bromo just b4 bed.
I don't get a chance to retest,Cos i got my bfp exactly 2 months later.
NB. I was also on metformin + fish oil for pcos .
Wish u fertility blessings!

Thanks Iyomomo. I appreciate your response
I will give it a trial too.
Pls any information about Olayimika Natural Hospital? ?. They claim to help one get pregnant naturally within a month using herbs.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 10:15pm On Oct 25, 2015
The results of the ivf raffle draw is out.
Congrats if anyof us was lucky
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by jill28: 1:26pm On Oct 26, 2015
I used The Bridge Clinic in Lagos and their support has been overwhelming. I am blessed to have an amazing team of doctors assisting me.
chigirl45:

if you have been going thru other peoples post,u wld c they mentioned the name of the hospitals they used.if the hospital u are using is good enough,say the name publicly so other ttc women can give them a try.If u cant,then keep it to urslf.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Richard216(m): 2:17pm On Oct 26, 2015
Even as man myself can vouch for The Bridge Clinic, even after 10 years later of receiving the greatest gift of all, which is my daughter I can say the assistance was remarkable. God bless the staff and doctors that helped create my dream come true. There is no better gift than fatherhood.
jill28:
I used The Bridge Clinic in Lagos and their support has been overwhelming. I am blessed to have an amazing team of doctors assisting me.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by fruitfultara: 2:23pm On Oct 26, 2015
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 26, 2015
Triplet2015:

Thank you very much Zezzy for your prompt response. I will switch to Cabergoline. Pls do u know how long it takes for Cabergoline to restore one's period because bromocriptine never did. I had to always take primolut to induce my period. Thanks.
You are welcome,my dear sister.If its only high prolactin,3 months max,i think.Best of luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (421) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.