Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1275251 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (422) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Godmerciesss: 7:52pm On Mar 13, 2016
Anewdawn:
Pls house which ivf protocol is better between long and short protocols.
Which one has more advantages over the other? Pls I need urgent responses I beg. Please mummys that have gotten bfp through ivf, which one worked better?
Generally it depends on your individual situation.
Age ..ovarian reserve tests etc is taken into consideration but most do long.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mommatriplets: 7:54pm On Mar 13, 2016
Anewdawn:
Pls house which ivf protocol is better between long and short protocols.
Which one has more advantages over the other? Pls I need urgent responses I beg. Please mummys that have gotten bfp through ivf, which one worked better?

they all hv pros n cons...
docs normally use short protocols for older patients or folks with poor eggs ...poor response.

google more

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Godmerciesss: 7:59pm On Mar 13, 2016
oluwashindara01:
Hi sister long time....dis struggle ll definitely end with praise by his grace. So calm ur nerves my people.
Plus u pp have confused me o, was think of using the bridges or olive now am very confused plus still trying to gather d money sef because we can't really afford it.
Pls does any body have dr Emekas number and as per fibroid I read on ttcing tread dat one old woman frm odun or so had a concoction dat works for it and pp has testified to it.

Pls run away from concotions..don't damage your womb I dey beg you o.Go to a good fertility clinic maybe 2 different opinions to evaluate d position and effect of d fibroid...before u even think of IVF. u know its expensive...
Myomectomy is really nothing compared to d joy of motherhood...
Shallom

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 11:22am On Mar 14, 2016
@oluwashindara
Agonist/flare protocol is just like the name. In bursts and intensive. Its better for patients with excellent and good egg reserve. high fsh is bombarded and the time frame is shorter. The down side is that it messes up with hormones of older patients/patients with low reserve and low quality and quantity is the result. But with younger patients good quality eggs are gotten but not as much as they would have gotten.

Long protocol involves down regulation of the patient. That means all the hormones are quieted ist. Then the patient is stimulated gently and for longer periods. Me personally I'm for quantity above all so I always root for long protocol so one can have enough to freeze. I postulate that one should work on egg quality 3 months before ivf. Eat right, take supplements and then go for long protocol.
If the doctors say ohss may occur, I say then transfer next cycle. Darris me sha.

Dr Emeka Olive Branch 08032011536
Ehe! I hear Lily's in warri de do promo for 750k. Call them and see a far if u can pay before the end of march
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 12:17pm On Mar 14, 2016
Godmerciesss:

Pls run away from concotions..don't damage your womb I dey beg you o.Go to a good fertility clinic maybe 2 different opinions to evaluate d position and effect of d fibroid...before u even think of IVF. u know its expensive...
Myomectomy is really nothing compared to d joy of motherhood...
Shallom
My sister ehhhhhh! What won't one go thru in this journey?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Anewdawn: 8:39pm On Mar 14, 2016
Thanks my sister's who took out time to respond to my question. I pray God to honour his name in which ever protocol I settle for cos I read n done research that no protocol have more success over the other.

Thanks!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fvine: 11:34pm On Mar 14, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

My sister ehhhhhh! What won't one go thru in this journey?
Honestly e no easy but I believe it will all be worth it once your baby/babies are in your arms.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 11:37pm On Mar 14, 2016
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fvine: 11:51pm On Mar 14, 2016
wonyi:
A quick question, if u find out ur little neighbour is doing her internship(laboratory ) in the hospital u intend using for ivf would u go ahead with the procedure? Though still at elementary stage (investigation ) n yet to make payment.
I'll feel somehow, I no go lie. But if am strongly convinced about the hospital, then I'll go ahead. I'd rather be unashamed and get my Blessing than be ashamed and lose it. Rather I can devise ways of ensuring that she doesn't find out. Since she's in the lab, I doubt our parts will cross; the only thing is the chances of her seeing my lab tests of which can be avoided if it's registered in another name or Initials. That's my thoughts at this time.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by DonaTee(f): 4:18am On Mar 15, 2016
wonyi:
A quick question, if u find out ur little neighbour is doing her internship(laboratory ) in the hospital u intend using for ivf would u go ahead with the procedure? Though still at elementary stage (investigation ) n yet to make payment.

my dear close ya eye do wetin u wan do. The most important personality to notice is God.
ur case na moi moi. Na 1 person

my case, I av my snrs, classmates, jnrs n village pple n some moms frnds working n walkin abt in d hospital I go to.
I trained n have worked dere in d past n dh insisted we start wit a centre close to us. So I av learnt to zero my mind as much as I can n manage

Most health personnel av no aversions to it. There r dere to work. I pray d person holds her ethics in high regard dat way she ll maintain confidentiality

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 8:00am On Mar 15, 2016
wonyi:

I would also feel somehow, especially if the little neighbour appears to be a busy body. But if you are convinced about the hospital, ignore, go for ur procedure and treat her like you would treat any other person. Tis well
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Godmerciesss: 2:26pm On Mar 15, 2016
wonyi:

Hnmmmm let me ask you is she paying for you?in fact ur money pays her allowance there...
Wetin concern her?Pls go and do ur tin jejee.If she /anyone laughs at you..they are reminding God about you!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 7:55pm On Mar 15, 2016

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by DonaTee(f): 10:17pm On Mar 15, 2016
wonyi:
@ Donatee, wholesomegrace, fine and Godmerciesss thanks.may God continue to help us. Though I have lost interest for now Because this journey any little thing can throw someone off balance. I usually get emotional. Though hubby doesn't see anything wrong using the hospital. It is well. There's light at the end of the tunnel

its well dear. God wil see us thru. Wen we look back we ll smile cos wr go overcome
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Mar 15, 2016
3weeks after still BFN, no AF.ST ives please return my AF OO.Return me to my normal state oo biko,no more IVF in my life,i am trying the natural way biko and God will answer me this time by fire by force,i cant go through that hell because i want a child.

st ives you have queries to answer tomorrow,how come i saw heavily clotted blood after my retrieval?

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tsquaure(f): 3:37am On Mar 16, 2016
bolateetoe:
3weeks after still BFN, no AF.ST ives please return my AF OO.Return me to my normal state oo biko,no more IVF in my life,i am trying the natural way biko and God will answer me this time by fire by force,i cant go through that hell because i want a child.
st ives you have queries to answer tomorrow,how come i saw heavily clotted blood after my retrieval?
it is well my sister. The Lord grant u according to d deep desires of ur heart
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by chigirl45: 5:57am On Mar 16, 2016
bolateetoe:

my dear,it is well with you.I guess AF hasn't shown yet as a result of all the injectables taken,it may take sometime for your system to come back to normal...body system differs.IVF is a 50/50 thing,you just do it and leave the rest for God.Just relax,watch movies,read novels,read your bible and praise God for what you know he would do for you and take your mind of it,cos depression will only make things worse.HE NEVER FAILS
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 8:00am On Mar 16, 2016
bolateetoe:

What was the diagnosis b4 tryin IVF? Calm down sis, i understand cos i have been on that route before. You need to ask them straight questions o. I hope they provide reasonable answer sha
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 8:52am On Mar 16, 2016
@ wholesomegrace from all the test,nothing is wrong with me except if they didnt tell me,i did my hsg elsewhere and my tubes are ohk,i did the rest with them and according to them i am ohk.except for my hubby.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by sugah: 9:02am On Mar 16, 2016

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by heroesoff8: 9:28am On Mar 16, 2016
bolateetoe:

Bolatee my sister! I laughed so hard when I saw "st Ives return my AF" be rest assured AF will return perhaps when the effects of the ivf drugs have worn out! And I want to recommend a doctor I heard who happens to be the best of the best! They said he does not charge money! All he requires of you is your trust and once you get your desire you should recommend him to others! His area of expertise is if ivf and other options have failed the he does SNC(supernatural conception). His name is Dr Jesus! Would you join me and other sisters on the thread I set up where options have failed me? I look forward to seeing you there! I wish you God's encouragement and peace that supercedes all understanding despite the seeming sad outcome!
It will end in praise beloved!

15 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 5:11pm On Mar 16, 2016
@ bolateetoe, i understand. You went thru IVF route cos of male issues.

Why not try natural therapies to help with the issues your hubby might be having?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by DonaTee(f): 6:51pm On Mar 16, 2016
wholesomegrace:
@ bolateetoe, i understand. You went thru IVF route cos of male issues.

Why not try natural therapies to help with the issues your hubby might be having?

Same advice I wanted to giv.
@Bolateetoe its well wit u. God wil compensate u. After meeting wit ur doc Take some tym off to detox, relax n eat healthy.
Dont b discouraged. Ur miracle is very close by

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Mar 16, 2016
this st ives na yeye hospital,imagine i didnt even see the Dr Okewale nor the matron that did the procedure to ask question why i bleeded clotted blood.i was referred to one nurse and one tall doctor there,the explanation he gave was that my hormones overreacted that i had trascend ovarian failure at that moment after retrieval,.am i not suppose to see the doctor himself.well...the deed has been done ,i am trrying the natural way for now.

as for the drugs there is no drug we didnt use last year but it didnt work.the doctor i met was even surprise that my hubby wasnt placed on drugs during the treatment.

can any one prescribe or suggest alternative ways to boost hubby sperm count and motility,

Thank God stives is releasing my AF small small but its coming with seriouis pain embarassed
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by DonaTee(f): 10:50pm On Mar 16, 2016
bolateetoe:
this st ives na yeye hospital,imagine i didnt even see the Dr Okewale nor the matron that did the procedure to ask question why i bleeded clotted blood.i was referred to one nurse and one tall doctor there,the explanation he gave was that my hormones overreacted that i had trascend ovarian failure at that moment after retrieval,.am i not suppose to see the doctor himself.well...the deed has been done ,i am trrying the natural way for now.

as for the drugs there is no drug we didnt use last year but it didnt work.the doctor i met was even surprise that my hubby wasnt placed on drugs during the treatment.

can any one prescribe or suggest alternative ways to boost hubby sperm count and motility,

Thank God stives is releasing my AF small small but its coming with seriouis pain embarassed

Dooh my sister. Raise all ur worries to God in worship.
Products dat av gud reviews for men r fertilaid for men, count boost, motility boost all by fair haven, maca, omega 3 6 9,
u must not use all. Use d sfa parameters as a guide.
Diet change n elimination of processed sugars.
No bathing of hot water, no tight trousers or panties, no carryin of laptop on d laps, avoid stress.
tigernut milk.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by chigirl45: 10:55pm On Mar 16, 2016
bolateetoe:

I personally don't trust that hospital.I was there yesterday for some check up and was told the doctor Okewale had an emergency and had to travel,and was told to go see another doctor,when I asked the name of the doctor,they told me.....and I was like what?a surgeon?why would I go to see a surgeon?I was pissed, and told them to call me when Dr okewale gets back from his trip.one thing I have noticed about them is they don't carry their patients along,they never disclose info to you until you raise your voice for those nurses that have lackadaisical attitude towards their work.kpele my dear,it's well.Eat healthy,take your supplements religiously and above all....pray.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by expansion1: 6:18am On Mar 17, 2016
Gd mrn house.I wl b going to d clinic bt I want to clarify something.I feel very worse wt clomid.I just used 1 tablet yesterday evening.please who has done this before what can happen to my cycle If I stop it immediately.am so scared.I didn't sleep till morning,headache& tight/dry cervix.pls advise ooo
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 7:59am On Mar 17, 2016
bolateetoe:

St Ives................ next time you hear that name, pick race.

I totally agree with the person that said they don't carry their patients along. How come they did notice your hubby had sperm issues and explain the trascend ovarian failure to you? Silly excuse.

I hope Dr Okewale gets to read this. Please my sister, continue to try natural remedies. If you husband stops sugar non beneficial foods, he will bounce back. He needs to go on strict diet.

Most of the issues we have are as a result of the things we feed our body with. There is a pastor i saw on TV that was talking about consuming natural foods. His name is pastor Williams. I will try to get his details and get back to you

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 7:59am On Mar 17, 2016
expansion1:
Gd mrn house.I wl b going to d clinic bt I want to clarify something.I feel very worse wt clomid.I just used 1 tablet yesterday evening.please who has done this before what can happen to my cycle If I stop it immediately.am so scared.I didn't sleep till morning,headache& tight/dry cervix.pls advise ooo

Clomid does that. You will need to talk to your doctor and stop
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fvine: 8:12am On Mar 17, 2016
expansion1:
Clomid is best advised to be taking at bed time so that you sleep off most of the side effects. There's really nothing you can do except complete the dosage. You can take Paracetamol for the headache. For the dry Veejay, you can use Preseed Lubricant to counter that, also eating Cucumber with lots of water should help.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tuns10: 11:31am On Mar 17, 2016
@bolatee hmmmm. Been quiet about st. ives for a while. My medical history is similar to yours as we are battling male issues too. Went to st. ives in 2014 during their promo. My period did not come a long time after the procedure and all the while i kept going to st. ives, the nurses were giving me attitude. The last thing i was told was to stop taking the medications and the period will come. Nobody told me anything about what could have caused a negative result. I had serious OHSS. infact my tummy was soo big that i thought i was probably pregnant. I was almost confused with another patient on the day of transfer until i reminded them i had no medical issues.
The problem with them is that they just pack and treat everybody the same way with the same treatments forgetting that we have different issues.
I really do not know about their normal ivf treatment but their promo is not it at all for me.
It is well!

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 3:26pm On Mar 17, 2016
Exactly.
Most clinics treat everybody the same. They never factor in hormonal differences nd the fertility challenge. They always use the cheapest protocol and if u don't know , u just go along with it.
One thing I have learnt in these few year is to be a proffessional pest. I hound my doctors and if they dnt gimme the attn I deserve, I simply walk. I won't work hard for the money and the person I give it to gives me attitude

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (422) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.