Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,317 members, 7,780,779 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:02 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1265278 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (420) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 28, 2016
lizzyslaw:
@Miracle baby, thanks for the reply. Yes, I did hsg before the procedure. I HV one patent tube and one blocked. The hsg itself was another painful experience after which they mentioned stenosis of the cervix. I guess the docs did not think it was serious enough since the hsg was successful.

Sis, please the stenosis, was it that the big object for hsg couldn't go in or what?
There was a hard time fitting in the extremely long tiny rod they use to pass the fluid. So I wanted to ask if that's what you experienced?
Did they write it on the report?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by chukddy7: 9:11pm On Jul 28, 2016
wonyi:

Have u tried fertility blend or fertile aid for natural balancing of hormones?

I will post the name of a mama so u can read her success story,she changed diet for two months with supplements and she achieved results by the grace of God while preparing for ivf
.thanks dear abeg do send me.any help will be appreciated
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by chukddy7: 9:19pm On Jul 28, 2016
wholesomegrace:

@ chukddy7, Also want to add that apart from low estrogen preventing ovulation, it also affects the thickening of the linen of the uterus which causes implantation failure. There are herbs that can help balance low estrogen, so you need to also care of this alongside ovulation issues. Research these herbs before taking them o. I know of dong quai, soy, Royal Jelly, Maca, and Vitex. They are available in leading pharmacies
.I know it do affect lining. that's anther fear I HV for ivf.pls write in full this drugs u mention and the pharmacy I can get them.u said soya
is it soya beans.abeg help.the herbs how can I get them.I HV tried clomid as of ovulation induction ;it didnt work.pls help

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mumzt: 10:26pm On Jul 28, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
I know my redeemer lives.
Please say a prayer for me today. Beg God to show me mercy. Going for yet anther hysterescopy again today for suspected asherman's.
I'm weak in the spirit but the Lord remains my strenght. I shall not be depressed. I shall testify.
I take solace in the words of Apostle paul in 2 Cor 12: 7-9
7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Hello ladyG, I finally joined NL because of u. Yes You. Your selflessness in answering people on the give birth in d USA thread.
I had no idea you were ttc. I was there, 6 years of ttc. With the most unsupportive mother-in-law. I had one of those terrible Africa magic experiences (story for anoda day) But today, I've got a 2yr old son and a 5months old son. Yes, God wiped my tears and elevated my rank. He dat did it for me, with all I went through will put a big smile on your face. He will surely answer your prayers, even better dan u asked of Him. This procedure will go much better dan u imagined and I will celebrate you sooner rather dan later.
I dnt knw you, but I can tell ure a beautiful soul. Worry not my sister cos ur miracle is here and now.
I truly love and admire u and I know God will grant ur desires now. Dis is my prayer for you, from a heart dat has felt the pain of ttc. I will say a prayer for u tonite and will continue to pray for u till I can dance for u. May God bless you beyond ur imaginations.
And to everyone here on dis journey, I wish u all d joy of successful motherhood.
May God answer all our prayers. Amen

30 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 7:01am On Jul 29, 2016
God bless you all. The names are too numerous .
Thanks so much . Procedure went fine. Im up and about this morning
@mumzyt thanks for your story. Im 6 years now and still can't believe it.
it is well oooo

6 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 11:19am On Jul 29, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
it is well oooo

Oluwaseun!!!!!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by miraclebaby: 11:59am On Jul 29, 2016
@LadyG all thanks to God. One more testimony will come soon, a testimony that will wow everyone that hears it. Quick recovery dear. God bless your struggles.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by yolemum: 12:04pm On Jul 29, 2016
Hi lovelies, pls I jus finished my IUI procedure,pls what can I take to increase my chances. They only gave me folic acid in the Clinic.. Pls gurus make inputs...thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 12:11pm On Jul 29, 2016
chukddy7:
.I know it do affect lining. that's anther fear I HV for ivf.pls write in full this drugs u mention and the pharmacy I can get them.u said soya
is it soya beans.abeg help.the herbs how can I get them.I HV tried clomid as of ovulation induction ;it didnt work.pls help

Check Health plus/Med plus pharmacies and the likes. Forever has the Royal Jelly and Maca. Note that some products combine these herbs together while some can be bought individually, visit these stores and you will get better advice from the pharmacist on which to combine.

You can get soy from variety of sources. I for one avoid it cos I have not had issues with low estrogen, so u need to take it in moderation. You will find traces of it some fertility supplements. You can get it from beans, tofu, Peas, soy milk, whole grains, broccoli, cranberry etc.

Have you visited tcc thread? You will get loads of info from there too.
https://www.nairaland.com/318334/trying-conceive-child-ttc
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 12:18pm On Jul 29, 2016
yolemum:
Hi lovelies, pls I jus finished my IUI procedure,pls what can I take to increase my chances. They only gave me folic acid in the Clinic.. Pls gurus make inputs...thanks

Follow docs advise,de-stress, ask doc if you can have sex or wait until after your 2 wks wait. Eat balanced diet, drink plenty of water, refrain from strenuous activity, pray, be possitive

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by iykmau(f): 1:14am On Jul 30, 2016
@LadyG, The Lord will perfect all that concerns you. Am already celebrating your miracle coz I see it happening soonest.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 30, 2016
May the Lord God Almighty answer all our Long awaited heartfelt prayers in JESUS name.

Sisters please can anyone refer me to a very good clinic with VERY HIGH SUCCESS rates in IUI?

Thanks as I await your reply.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Janix2: 9:37pm On Jul 30, 2016
Hello people,pls$ just thought I shld ask,can a woman get pregnant with one tube even though the blocked tube is the one with the active ovary and the other open one with the passive ovary?
I need your two cents on dis,TIA
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Janix2: 9:51pm On Jul 30, 2016
Hello people,pls just thought I shld ask,can a woman get pregnant with one tube even though the blocked tube is the one with the active ovary and the other open one with the passive ovary?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Janix2: 9:52pm On Jul 30, 2016
Sorry I double posted
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 31, 2016
Janix2:

Hello people,pls just thought I shld ask,can a woman get pregnant with one tube even though the blocked tube is the one with the active ovary and the other open one with the passive ovary?
Yes,it can happen.However,the chances are very slim.If d person has been TTC for long,her best bet is ivf.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by chukddy7: 9:00pm On Jul 31, 2016
wholesomegrace:

Check Health plus/Med plus pharmacies and the likes. Forever has the Royal Jelly and Maca. Note that some products combine these herbs together while some can be bought individually, visit these stores and you will get better advice from the pharmacist on which to combine.

You can get soy from variety of sources. I for one avoid it cos I have not had issues with low estrogen, so u need to take it in moderation. You will find traces of it some fertility supplements. You can get it from beans, tofu, Peas, soy milk, whole grains, broccoli, cranberry etc.

Have you visited tcc thread? You will get loads of info from there too.
https://www.nairaland.com/318334/trying-conceive-child-ttc
tanx a lot wholesomegrace pls where are these pharmacy located. I leave in owerri
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 10:37am On Aug 01, 2016
chukddy7:
tanx a lot wholesomegrace pls where are these pharmacy located. I leave in owerri
if I go out today il see if I can buy/afford. Or credit me and il buy for u. Will be in owerri by sunday. Royal jelly and maca abi? Pm me.
check orchad pharmacy near destiny supermarket sha.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 10:44am On Aug 01, 2016
Janix2:

I read somewhere that the inactive fallopian tube can stretch out and pick an egg from the active one. Hmmm!
U can google it. I saw it a while ago, read , smiled and shook my head. Sorry I know its not much help
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by henmaris: 2:24pm On Aug 01, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
it is well oooo
LadyG, uve been via alot but your selflessness and ability to hold yourself and still participate in this forum like nothing is up is amazing. Im happy the procedure went well. Hold on to faith and keep putting in your best effort . infertility shall come to pass someday courage.My thoughts are always with u, hope u remember me.

On another note,my August sisters,who are those cycling this August? Lets share our experiences and support each other. Im in for just another round but most importantly the final round this August bc i believe this will be it.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by simababe(f): 2:32pm On Aug 01, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
it is well oooo

Waoo. Didn't cross my mind. I pray that almighty God in this redemption week give you a reason to rejoice, to smile and to testify. May he also answer evry1 TTC on this forum. Amen

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mamateniola1: 2:05am On Aug 02, 2016
LadyGuinivere, Awwww! How r yu darling?
It is well with you.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Itissettled3: 8:11am On Aug 02, 2016
We are all invited to the Redeemed Christian Church of God HolyGhost Convention at Lagos Ibadan Expressway.
Theme is AMEN
Time: 6pm daily
Date: August 2 to 8.
Plan to attend and may the Lord answer our prayers. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 11:47am On Aug 02, 2016
Janix2:

Hello people,pls$ just thought I shld ask,can a woman get pregnant with one tube even though the blocked tube is the one with the active ovary and the other open one with the passive ovary?

With other things in good shape, yes you can get preggy with one tube. I dunno which is active or passive ovary, however, boost your chances of having healthy eggs by eliminating sugar and processed food for your diet, check that ur BMI is within range, eat healthy diet rich in vit d,antioxidants, omega 3 fatty acids, fruits, vegetable, take prenatal vitamins (I took Ovaboost and Fertilaid cos the prenatals i was taking then didn't have hormonal herbs), avoid stress, do moderate exercise at least 3 times a week, sleep on your left side to improve circulation, drink plentyyyyyyyyyyyyyy of water etc.

Remember its not a crash diet, let it be a way of life cos your ovary needs 3 months to produce good eggs. All these things are plenty right? I do all it takes cos I want my miracle to happen. You too can.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 11:51am On Aug 02, 2016
Itissettled3:
We are all invited to the Redeemed Christian Church of God HolyGhost Convention at Lagos Ibadan Expressway.
Theme is AMEN
Time: 6pm daily
Date: August 2 to 8.
Plan to attend and may the Lord answer our prayers. Amen.

Planning to go on Friday, good help us. Work wont allow someone to be there on time. I planned to be on my leave, but God had other plans. grin.
God will answer AMEN all of our requests this AMEN season in Jesus name.

AMEN
AMEN AND
AMEN

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Anewdawn: 2:49pm On Aug 02, 2016
Please my dear e-sisters has anyone heard about Care woman clinic in Portharcourt. Heard they are also into ivf. Please anybody with any useful information should tell me. Thanks.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 5:55pm On Aug 02, 2016
Anewdawn:
Please my dear e-sisters has anyone heard about Care woman clinic in Portharcourt. Heard they are also into ivf. Please anybody with any useful information should tell me. Thanks.
Ha! Person just terr me today today say dem de do nansense nansense! Once they collect ya money dem go start to behave anyao. Make I tell the chic to come yarn am with her mb. Guccioluwa

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Anewdawn: 6:14pm On Aug 02, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Ha! Person just terr me today today say dem de do nansense nansense! Once they collect ya money dem go start to behave anyao. Make I tell the chic to come yarn am with her mb. Guccioluwa
[quote author=LadyGuinivere post=48125426]
Are you serious? I'm waiting. ...
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Anewdawn: 6:16pm On Aug 02, 2016
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Anewdawn: 6:17pm On Aug 02, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

[quote author=LadyGuinivere post=48125426]
Are you serious?!!!!! Tell me something. ... Abeg make she come nack the tori.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by GucciOluwa: 8:49pm On Aug 02, 2016
[quote author=Anewdawn post=48126013][/quote]

I and my two friends had our IVF done there earlier in the year. In the beginning they were nice o(the nurses sha). The doctor is only nice on ur first visit. On other visits, he just comes into the lab when the nurses have dressed you and prepped you for the tvs. Most times he's on the phone with God knows who while calling out your follicle size to the nurses and that's it o. You wee go and he'll see other people(doctor wey no gree make we start with IUI as we initially planned, simply becos the money no plenty).

Fast forward to the ET day, when it's time you'll say how many eggs get transferred to you without consultation o, nothing on the risks, chances of survival or things like that OYO is your name if Google is not your bestfriend. After the transfer(which doesn't take time becos una go plenty. We were abt 10 or more sef on my day, my friend had a two day embie transferred simply becos she wld have been the only one on the 3rd day), you rest and they give you a form abi letter telling you to call them after your PT, if it's positive, they rejoice. If it's negative, the don't pick your call EVER AGAIN!

Mine and another person's was bfn and the fishes forgot to freeze my eggs, dunno if they sold it or forgot becos I think they were certain it will work.

One person got a bfb but went to urinate at 14wks and Sth fell out and my ppl that was it o. She called and told them about it, they asked her to come to once her period came not to consult or find out what could have happened but for another cycle.

Oh and the drugs they give you will last for just 3weeks after that, you buy the rest.

Well this is just my own experience and of course that of my friend.

God's grace people!

5 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Anewdawn: 11:03pm On Aug 02, 2016
GucciOluwa:

I and my two friends had our IVF done there earlier in the year. In the beginning they were nice o(the nurses sha). The doctor is only nice on ur first visit. On other visits, he just comes into the lab when the nurses have dressed you and prepped you for the tvs. Most times he's on the phone with God knows who while calling out your follicle size to the nurses and that's it o. You wee go and he'll see other people(doctor wey no gree make we start with IUI as we initially planned, simply becos the money no plenty).

Fast forward to the ET day, when it's time you'll say how many eggs get transferred to you without consultation o, nothing on the risks, chances of survival or things like that OYO is your name if Google is not your bestfriend. After the transfer(which doesn't take time becos una go plenty. We were abt 10 or more sef on my day, my friend had a two day embie transferred simply becos she wld have been the only one on the 3rd day), you rest and they give you a form abi letter telling you to call them after your PT, if it's positive, they rejoice. If it's negative, the don't pick your call EVER AGAIN!

Mine and another person's was bfn and the fishes forgot to freeze my eggs, dunno if they sold it or forgot becos I think they were certain it will work.

One person got a bfb but went to urinate at 14wks and Sth fell out and my ppl that was it o. She called and told them about it, they asked her to come to once her period came not to consult or find out what could have happened but for another cycle.

Oh and the drugs they give you will last for just 3weeks after that, you buy the rest.

Well this is just my own experience and of course that of my friend.

God's grace people!

Thanks for sharing dear. God will help us in this journey. It's a friend that stays in ph that actually needs the info. A friend of hers suggested the clinic for her and I told her lemme help her make inquires here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (420) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.