Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1275309 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (422) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Mamayak: 12:15pm On Oct 31, 2016
tuns10:
@Mamayak, well been there at a point and it was very tough to take that decision. I was opened to using it but my husband was not comfortable with it and at that point i thought it was selfish of him and was very angry. But as time went on i found out it would be better to go ahead with using it only if he consents so as to avoid issues later on.
We are still waiting though but i am happy i hesitated as his hormones balanced some months after that and we are going on with treatments.
I feel you have to both fully agree and be both comfortable with using donor sperm before going ahead with it.
Tuns10, thank you so much for responding and for your honesty. Its good to hear from someone who understands. In my case DH is okay with it because he is just tired of this whole TTC journey and has accepted things as they are since we have tried everything (supplements, hormones, mTESE etc) with no luck yet. The disappointment is just too much each time the result shows 0. He doesn't want to go through it again. I am the one who is still hoping for a miracle and waffling on using a donor. One day I am okay with it the next day I am not too sure. I agree with you that both parties have to be onboard so I will have to work out my feelings and identity what's troubling me about it.

That's good that things are looking better with your hubby's hormones, I wish you both all the best and pray for a favourable outcome. There is nothing God cannot do. Thanks again!

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Samtobh(m): 4:11pm On Oct 31, 2016
We cannot emphasize enough the importance of hanging out with other women who are doing what you’re doing. Swaddling, nursing, trying out bottles, using front carriers, swings – these are some of the things you’ll discuss. But there are also the sensitive issues of body image, careers, and relationships.

It’s quite likely that you and your partner are experiencing parenting a little differently. Finding other women with whom you can share your experiences is important. Furthermore, it is an excellent motivator to get you out of the house.

The First Time Moms’ group (Nigeria) is a wonderful opportunity to meet other new mothers, and to speak honestly about the challenges and joys of this important change of life! Take time for yourself to talk through big changes and connect with and support other women on the same journey.

Kindly fill this form and lets get started.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfv-Q48BS7q1D0_6hmEvXO7DzJGSZqANc0ev2dLBE8lAAv6Lg/viewform

Matters arising can be discussed here for the benefit of others.

Answers to questions raised will be answered by top and influential moms who are accomplished in their different fields and other well-experienced moms.

https://www.nairaland.com/3438856/join-first-time-experienced-moms-first#50655808

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tuns10: 4:34pm On Oct 31, 2016
@Mamayak, you are most welcome and I say amen to your prayers. May you find peace with whatever decision you resolve to.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by simdi14: 3:16pm On Nov 01, 2016
Hello sisters, am new here. I have gone through some post here and I believe I will get the assistance am looking for here. I am preparing for IVF procedure, I will be starting on 5-8 of this month. Please sisters, can someone share with me what and what to expect, what drugs, injections etc. God bless us all with our heart desires
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by metaose: 9:48am On Nov 02, 2016
if u gone through the post, it just about all u read. just play ur part, ensure ure not over weigh, i.e. BMI greater than 25. they will teach u how to inject yourself. nd give u all the rules and regulations
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by metaose: 2:24pm On Nov 02, 2016
@ mamas in the house, Pls sorry to bother you, can i get Dr Emeka of olive branch phone number and address? thanks

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Amarapearl: 3:11pm On Nov 02, 2016
Good day I reside in port harcourt, please has anybody heard and used Nobel fertility hospital around Mgboba they are doing a promo and i intend using them for my procedure. do
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by twintower: 3:55pm On Nov 02, 2016
Please fruitful mamas in the house.happy to connect again for more strength.it has not been easy.just had a failed ivf cos hubby sperm was retrieved through TESA but it could not fertilise my eggs.he had azospermia.please someone adviced us to use spermovite,please who has used it before and did it work?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by napa: 6:12pm On Nov 02, 2016
Good day fruitful mothers, i'm 6 weeks post myomectomy and i want to give ivf another trial. Can someone please refer me to any fertility clinic where the medical consultant is calm, patient and has good success rate exclusive of Olive Branch.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mamakendra(f): 7:07pm On Nov 02, 2016
Amarapearl:
Good day I reside in port harcourt, please has anybody heard and used Nobel fertility hospital around Mgboba they are doing a promo and i intend using them for my procedure. do
Yes, I have a card with them. I wanted to start fertility treatment with them, but I didn't think the doctor took my case serious. Gave me a bunch of routine drugs twice I was there, and charged me.
What's there promo all about?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mommatriplets: 10:48pm On Nov 02, 2016
twintower:
Please fruitful mamas in the house.happy to connect again for more strength.it has not been easy.just had a failed ivf cos hubby sperm was retrieved through TESA but it could not fertilise my eggs.he had azospermia.please someone adviced us to use spermovite,please who has used it before and did it work?

should be cancelled ivf not, failed, a good ivf place would simply freeze the eggs and cancel the process, if they fail to get any sperm to fertilize the egg. sorry abt the disappointment.
napa:
Good day fruitful mothers, i'm 6 weeks post myomectomy and i want to give ivf another trial. Can someone please refer me to any fertility clinic where the medical consultant is calm, patient and has good success rate exclusive of Olive Branch.

u cud try georges lekki, its decent

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Annalise(f): 12:06am On Nov 03, 2016
mommatriplets:

should be cancelled ivf not, failed, a good ivf place would simply freeze the eggs and cancel the process, if they fail to get any sperm to fertilize the egg. sorry abt the disappointment.

u cud try georges lekki, its decent

Hello, how much does it cost to freeze eggs? Just freezing. I have severe fibroids but I'm not getting married soon. I would also like to hear from anyone who has used surrogates and how much it cost. This is my first time posting here, though I have been following this thread for a while.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 8:47am On Nov 03, 2016
Annalise:

Hello, how much does it cost to freeze eggs? Just freezing. I have severe fibroids but I'm not getting married soon. I would also like to hear from anyone who has used surrogates and how much it cost. This is my first time posting here, though I have been following this thread for a while.
I'll be pm ing u momma...
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by twintower: 2:39pm On Nov 03, 2016
Please mamas can fertilaid,count boost and motile boost help someone with non obstructive azoospermia?this journey is very long,oh God bring us to the end of it so we can also testify.i need strength to push father
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by metaose: 3:19pm On Nov 03, 2016
Good day mamas, pls i need a candid advice, knowing the way infertility is, it do take sometimes one can get answer, pls for this trying period, is adviseable for me to adopt or have some else child stay with me?. or should I just keep trying until I have my own children? I presently do all things alone in my house, no one to speak to if hobby is not around, am so lonely....
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by DonaTee(f): 4:27pm On Nov 03, 2016
metaose:
Good day mamas, pls i need a candid advice, knowing the way infertility is, it do take sometimes one can get answer, pls for this trying period, is adviseable for me to adopt or have some else child stay with me?. or should I just keep trying until I have my own children? I presently do all things alone in my house, no one to speak to if hobby is not around, am so lonely....

If ur hubby accepts u can try adoption. There's nothing wrong with it. Pls b very very careful.i ve heard of issues like down syndrome or dumbness discovered later on as d child grows......This may cause strain on some pple.
some pple adopt toddlers frm 1yr plus to avoid such.
whatever rocks deir boat.

Bringing some1 else child to stay with u is subject to sentiments of d mother.....wat if d mother changes her mind after some time n needs or recalls d child? U may feel sonehow. U can stil adopt n still have some1 child staying with u.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by enoqueen: 4:46pm On Nov 03, 2016
metaose:

Adoption would av been better, but considering the process one have to go through in our country....

Taking someone else child is also cool, but what if his/her parent wake up tomorrow and tell u they want their child back. It gonna hurt u more than u are hurting right now.

Keep calm, your babies are on their way.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 6:22pm On Nov 03, 2016
metaose:
Dear Sis
If you want to adopt and your husband agrees why not?
Even if its a child with special needs so what?
If its your desire to have a baby while you wait the biological one, by all means what are you waiting for? Your shoes are not the same as another person's. God is the creator of children and if you adopt one and love the same as you will love the ones from your body, in my opinion, you are being a saint.
Some people may make you feel like you are giving up or not being patient. Ignore them. Its none of their business. I have had a friend start and complete the adoption process in 8 months. I have had friends take care of pregnant girls that wanted to abort and legalise the adoption after birth. I have had friends adopt grown children (6-8 years) and they all love their children scarrer scarrer.
May the Lord order your steps

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mommatriplets: 8:10pm On Nov 03, 2016
Annalise:

freezing i think is abt 150k for 6month abi 1 yr...not sure. you can visit any major ivf place and make enquiries.
freezing cos of fibroid?...i dont understand, and again freezing isnt 100% as some may refuse to awaken when thawed.

ehhen b4 i forget, its freezing fertilized embryos that is more common, i think.
think bridge said 4m for surrogacy, not sure...but its always cheaper for you to bring your candidate, its more expensive if the hospital provides
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Annalise(f): 9:39pm On Nov 03, 2016
mommatriplets:

freezing i think is abt 150k for 6month abi 1 yr...not sure. you can visit any major ivf place and make enquiries.
freezing cos of fibroid?...i dont understand, and again freezing isnt 100% as some may refuse to awaken when thawed.

ehhen b4 i forget, its freezing fertilized embryos that is more common, i think.
think bridge said 4m for surrogacy, not sure...but its always cheaper for you to bring your candidate, its more expensive if the hospital provides

That's my fear (that the eggs won't survive the thawing process)
Its fibroids+cysts+endometriosis. Quite severe too.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 3:08am On Nov 04, 2016
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by miraclebaby: 11:04am On Nov 05, 2016
Mamayak:
Hi, has anyone here tried or considered using donor sprm. I would like to get your thoughts on how you made your decision. We are at a cross road in this TTC journey.
After few years of struggling with ttc, my mum and sis suggested it. I discussed with one of my sis inlaw aand she said she would rather go with adoption if in my shoes. Didn't want to talk to dh about it till one morning when af cramps woke me from sleep.
He wasn't happy with himself, I felt it. He later told me that morning that may be we should do iui with donor. I told him I'd prefer we adopt a girl first but he said he's not comfortable with adoption.
So there we are. We decided to take our time hoping miracle will happen soon.
It will never be an easy decision but the important thing is your dh has to accept without pressure and no 3rd party to be involved.

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Mamayak: 6:52pm On Nov 05, 2016
miraclebaby:
After few years of struggling with ttc, my mum and sis suggested it. I discussed with one of my sis inlaw aand she said she would rather go with adoption if in my shoes. Didn't want to talk to dh about it till one morning when af cramps woke me from sleep.
He wasn't happy with himself, I felt it. He later told me that morning that may be we should do iui with donor. I told him I'd prefer we adopt a girl first but he said he's not comfortable with adoption.
So there we are. We decided to take our time hoping miracle will happen soon.
It will never be an easy decision but the important thing is your dh has to accept without pressure and no 3rd party to be involved.

Thanks miraclebaby for sharing your experience. It's a tough decision for both parties. Adoption also requires both spouses to be on the same page, there is no real easy solution. It's kind of sweet that your sis and mum are supportive and open though.
If we decide to go that route then dh and I will have to go through some counseling around some things to consider when using a donor (eg on if and when you should share this info with the child and close family). So far we havent discussed it with anyone. For now I am just leaving everything in God's hands and asking Him for direction on what to do next. Even the success of a donor iui is still in God's hands.

All the best to you and your DH, I pray that I read about your miracle baby in the near future. Thanks again for sharing, it helps to hear from another person that's going through something similar.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Gilado: 6:58pm On Nov 07, 2016
My mother have used the Fohow products several times for her fibroid until it became difficult to buy the product due to its cost. But there is an all-natural product that we later bought for about N14,000 that really works magic after taking just two bottles of it, according to the scan result. She even later started recommending it to other fibroid patients she knew from the hospitals where she used to go for her treatment. Just call Mr Emmanuel at 08055668026 or 08035027535
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Gilado: 6:59pm On Nov 07, 2016
My mother have used the Fohow products several times for her fibroid until it became difficult to buy the product due to its cost. But there is an all-natural product that we later bought for about N14,000 that really works magic after taking just two bottles of it, according to the scan result. She even later started recommending it to other fibroid patients she knew from the hospitals where she used to go for her treatment. Just call Mr Emmanuel at 08055668026.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by twintower: 6:58am On Nov 08, 2016
Mamas in the house i have not seen my period after the failed ivf.i have done hpt twice and all is bfn.is it normal.pls someone should advice a sister

Also i want to come to nigeria to see dr Emeka.please can i have the contact number.i am thinking of ivf using donor sperm.please i need advice.Blendy77 please say something
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tsquaure(f): 8:05am On Nov 08, 2016
twintower:
Mamas in the house i have not seen my period after the failed ivf.i have done hpt twice and all is bfn.is it normal.pls someone should advice a sister
Also i want to come to nigeria to see dr Emeka.please can i have the contact number.i am thinking of ivf using donor sperm.please i need advice.Blendy77 please say something

When did u stop your progestrone. It takes a lil while before your body adjusts . Especially if it was a long protocol with down regulation.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by twintower: 12:42pm On Nov 08, 2016
Tsquare thank you for your response but i was not placed on any progesterone.i used gonal f for 8days and after stimulation i was placed on orgalutran injection.i saw my menses after the cancelled procedure but it stop later.what could be the reason.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 6:50pm On Nov 09, 2016
twintower:
Tsquare thank you for your response but i was not placed on any progesterone.i used gonal f for 8days and after stimulation i was placed on orgalutran injection.i saw my menses after the cancelled procedure but it stop later.what could be the reason.
You saw your period after na. Your body is just trying to adjust after all the hormones. Nothing unusual about it. Take a little while. See your doctor. Run tests if it will make you feel better. Out of experience I'll just tell you to blank the period and find sumn to do. Allow your body to regularize.
Dr Emeka :08032011536
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by twintower: 6:47am On Nov 10, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

You saw your period after na. Your body is just trying to adjust after all the hormones. Nothing unusual about it. Take a little while. See your doctor. Run tests if it will make you feel better. Out of experience I'll just tell you to blank the period and find sumn to do. Allow your body to regularize.
Dr Emeka :08032011536

Thank you so much LadyG.may God bless and give you your heart desire speedily.your response is a relieve.thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by twintower: 7:00am On Nov 10, 2016
tuns10:
@Mamayak, well been there at a point and it was very tough to take that decision. I was opened to using it but my husband was not comfortable with it and at that point i thought it was selfish of him and was very angry. But as time went on i found out it would be better to go ahead with using it only if he consents so as to avoid issues later on.
We are still waiting though but i am happy i hesitated as his hormones balanced some months after that and we are going on with treatments.
I feel you have to both fully agree and be both comfortable with using donor sperm before going ahead with it.

Please dear what supplement did your DH used to take care of his hormones? My hubby is presently taking fertilaid count boost and motile boost.the doctor said his condition is as a result of high FSH hormones.i am looking for a supplement that can bring it down.God help us all
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tuns10: 9:49am On Nov 10, 2016
@twintower
My hubby used fertilaid with motile boost together with maca root. He also worked on his weight and reduced carbs.
I hope this helps.

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (422) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.