Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (267) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1275508 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (422) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Greatisgod: 10:59am On Feb 11, 2019
onyinyeChristi:
Praaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaise the Lord! Hallelujah.
TESTIMONY TIME
The miracle working God has settled my case.It is POSITIVE....
This is my first ivf and God Looked upon me with mercy and turn my sorrow into joy.
I am so grateful to him .I return the glory ,honor and adoration to him alone now and for ever, Amen

I want to thank every one especially Joana40, Lilsdy whom i contacted when i wanted to choose hospital and my boss madam ebonynelly, she's amazing.. Her support throughout the process is unheard of.I even visited her grin

I pray that I carry to full term and deliver like Hebrew women, Amen. I won't cast my young in the name of Jesus , Amen.

For those that are still undergoing ivf. I pray it will be Positive.

For those planning to start, How will provide the funds

Keep pushing ,your testimony is near and sure

Congrats to you dearie. I shall come and testify too

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by corpershun: 11:21am On Feb 11, 2019
Ebalu953:

From what you have stated, ivf is better for you. Just take your time to seek for 2nd opinions and a good hospital too. It is well with you

Thanks please can you quote just my moniker thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Feb 11, 2019
[quote author=corpershun post=75620721]
My apologies. I don't really know how this quote thing works on NL. Hope I did it right now? Best wishes.....
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mamakendra(f): 7:12pm On Feb 11, 2019
onyinyeChristi:
TESTIMONY TIME
This is my first ivf and God Looked upon me with mercy and turn my sorrow into joy.

Thank you Jesus for this testimony
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Joana40: 9:15pm On Feb 11, 2019
Jaymamma:
Hi Joana, really sorry about your experience. I have hydrosalpinx too (in the left tube). Seeking a clinic that can tackle it properly before ivf. Wouldn't mind a salpingectomy. Unfortunately, it appears most of these clinics are ready to plunge straight into ivf at our own expense...

How did your recent cycle go? Would appreciate your kind recommendations.

Cheers
The best is salpingectomy. No cycle yet until I'm thorough with hydrosalpinx. My new doctor wants me to go back to nisa for a second look. But the doctor who handled it initially consults from UK. He will be around this month so I'm waiting for his arrival.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Joana40: 9:30pm On Feb 11, 2019
onyinyeChristi:
TESTIMONY TIME
I am so grateful to him .I return the glory ,honor and adoration to him alone now and for ever, Amen

I want to thank every one especially Joana40, Lilsdy whom i contacted when i wanted to choose hospital and my boss madam ebonynelly, she's amazing.. Her support throughout the process is unheard of.I even visited her grin

I pray that I carry to full term and deliver like Hebrew women, Amen. I won't cast my young in the name of Jesus , Amen.

For those that are still undergoing ivf. I pray it will be Positive.

For those planning to start, How will provide the funds

Keep pushing ,your testimony is near and sure

Wow! Congratulations Onyii. You will carry to term. But find out if you will need a cervical cerclage after 3 months.

Ask ur dr.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Jaymamma: 10:54pm On Feb 11, 2019
OK, thanks for sharing. Wishing us all the best.

[quote author=Joana40 post=75638419][/quote]
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ebonynelly: 11:15pm On Feb 11, 2019
hope43:
Hello house pls help me cos I don't know what type of ivf protocol does this,I started down regulation since 20th feb and got my period on the 27th that's exactly 7days but the dr didnt start me on injection until mon 4th Feb thats cd9 woo,today is my 7th day on injection and he is saying that I will stimulate for another 3 days making it 10dyz on stimm,but my egg collection is not until 20th of this month that if I finish injection on wed the 13th I will then wait for 3 days no injections nothing I don't woo what is this woo,nb I only have two follicles that are responding pls advice me as I am planning to cancel the cycle

This sounds ridiculous. It is all shades of wrong. I have never heard of such procedure. Pls insist on cancelling the procedure.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 5:06am On Feb 12, 2019
Amen. Thank you so much.I will do that.

quote author=Joana40 post=75638820]
Wow! Congratulations Onyii. You will carry to term. But find out if you will need a cervical cerclage after 3 months.

Ask ur dr.
[/quote]
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Rose360: 9:49am On Feb 12, 2019
Congrats dear,I m so happy for you.

Thank you Jesus for this testimony [/quote]
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Jaymamma: 10:01am On Feb 13, 2019
[quote author=Joana40 post=75638419][/quote]

Thank you.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Bumperua: 10:37am On Feb 13, 2019
pslm23:
I know there is a TTC forum but I was just wondering if there are any ladies here that are going through or will soon go through IVF/IUI or any other assisted reproduction techniques other than clomid.

I am currently doing IVF and thought it would be nice to share with others on the same journey and compare notes on meds, stimms, retrievals, transfers etc.
I'm on day 4 of stimms using 1cc of Menopur 75IU and 375 IU of Gonal-F injections I have to take in my belly every night. These meds have the worst side effects, headaches, nausea and kick-a ss diarrhea (TMI sorry  wink )

If you have an IVF experience, please share.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by hope43: 1:04pm On Feb 13, 2019
henmaris:

Mmmmm I've never heard of such a protocol oh. And the dr should know well enough to tell u to either cancel ur cycle or convert to iui based on ur tubes if only 2 follicles are developing. Stim, stop and wait for collection after a few days sounds crazy l. Whatever his motives are doesnt make sense, my dear, don't waste ur money. Follow ur instincts and cancel, the protocol doesnt sound right, not at all.
Good luck
we have already done that thanks ma

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by hope43: 1:08pm On Feb 13, 2019
ebonynelly:

This sounds ridiculous. It is all shades of wrong. I have never heard of such procedure. Pls insist on cancelling the procedure.
thanks ma we have canceled

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Onyiip(f): 4:32pm On Feb 13, 2019
Hello dear friends
Please who knows the Ivf success rate of Federal staff hospital in Abuja. And if they are not too good, please suggest which hospital I should use for the procedure.
May God grant us all our desires.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Flo97: 9:33pm On Feb 13, 2019
[quote author=Gracyaugust post=74936262][/quote]

Thanks a lot.....
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 7:58am On Feb 14, 2019
Today is 7days past my day 5 embryo transfer. Had very bad cramps after EC and for just 2 days past ET. From day 3 past ET, the lack of appetite, cramps & vomiting stopped. Right now I feel absolutely normal. Just slight cramps as if AF is coming then twinges on my right pelvic that moves to the left at times. Also my appetite has increased greatly. No sore boobs, nothing. Is it normal not to have symptoms during the 2ww? I am nervous. I am supposed to test in 7days. Someone talk to me!!!!!!! Thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Feb 14, 2019
Ebalu953:
Today is 7days past my day 5 embryo transfer. Had very bad cramps after EC and for just 2 days past ET. From day 3 past ET, the lack of appetite, cramps & vomiting stopped. Right now I feel absolutely normal. Just slight cramps as if AF is coming then twinges on my right pelvic that moves to the left at times. Also my appetite has increased greatly. No sore boobs, nothing. Is it normal not to have symptoms during the 2ww? I am nervous. I am supposed to test in 7days. Someone talk to me!!!!!!! Thanks
Make una answer me na. Or everyone is busy celebrating Valentine? Lol!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ebonynelly: 2:52pm On Feb 14, 2019
Ebalu953:

The earlier side effects must have been ohss.
Well, it's normal not to have symptoms in 2ww so don't worry. Twinges and feeling like your period is coming may be a good sign. I had those too.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by zest4allife: 7:51am On Feb 15, 2019
Happyfellow147:
Please who knows about Nisa prime Port Harcourt

It was a good experience cycling with them, however I had a BFN.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 8:26am On Feb 15, 2019
ebonynelly:

Well, it's normal not to have symptoms in 2ww so don't worry. Twinges and feeling like your period is coming may be a good sign. I had those too.

OK thanks. Hoping for the best. Yesterday afternoon and early this morning, the cramps were horrible. I almost passed out, coupled with back pains that moves to different sides.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ebonynelly: 12:41pm On Feb 15, 2019
Ebalu953:

OK thanks. Hoping for the best. Yesterday afternoon and early this morning, the cramps were horrible. I almost passed out, coupled with back pains that moves to different sides.

Pls let doctor know of the pains. It may still be from ohss.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blessednelly12: 6:16pm On Feb 15, 2019
Please sister I need your help I need a successful place where I can do IVF in Enugu or else where in Nigeria that has accommodation please help your sister i need your advice
Thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blessednelly12: 6:22pm On Feb 15, 2019
[color=#770077][/color]
ebonynelly:

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by sniperwolf(m): 10:15pm On Feb 15, 2019
Is there any fertility centre in Owerri?
Myself and my wife visited 1st Concept, preliminary test alone amounted to N140,000.
Findings show my counts are low and has something to do with hormonal.
He recommend treatment amounting to N250,000.
I'm actually looking for an alternative because I don't know it the price is fair

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Beautymc(f): 10:26pm On Feb 15, 2019
Onyiip:
Hello dear friends
Please who knows the Ivf success rate of Federal staff hospital in Abuja. And if they are not too good, please suggest which hospital I should use for the procedure.
May God grant us all our desires.
U can try DIFF hospital
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 3:11am On Feb 16, 2019
sniperwolf:
Is there any fertility centre in Owerri?

Is it possible to seek to seek a second opinion?
Have you seen a urologist?
Is the hospital a Fertility centre?
I would prefer to see a Fertility doc/urologist to handle any male issues.

Pray concerning this and ask God for direction. You may try certified herbs for treating infection, if there's infection. Detox and check again. Remember to abstain while treating infection. Change under wares. 100 % hygiene. Abuse of antibiotics may make it worse.
Change diet.avoid sugary drinks and food. Eat more fruits and vegetables.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Perculiar: 9:50pm On Feb 16, 2019
University College Hospital (UCH) Ibadan on Thursday commissioned its N200million in vitro fertilization (IVF) centre to provide low-cost IVF services to infertility couples in Nigeria.
UCH”s Chief Medical Director, Professor Temitope Alonge said this centre, which is the biggest in Nigeria, will also be training doctors to provide fertility treatment.
He stated that IVF treatment at the centre will cost less than N750, 000 in contrast to other infertility centres in the country that charge at least N1.5 million
Professor Alonge declared that about that 20 per cent of Nigerian couples are infertile and that the problem had led to many couples suffering in silence and broken homes because they cannot have children.
Nigerian tribune, Friday February 15

6 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by abzz889: 7:40am On Feb 18, 2019
Hello everyone.I had my embryo transfer on saturday and the embryos didn’t reach blastocyst and they were transferred as day 5 morula because they claim they were still growing.Has this happened to anyone.so upset.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Gracyaugust: 11:14am On Feb 18, 2019
[quote author=abzz889 post=75845240. I transferred both morular and early blast. I don't know the one that stuck. I have heard of pple who got pregnant with morular only. Please you shouldn't stress yourself at this point. Surround yourself with laughter and things that will make you happy. This helped me alot. Pray and believe in God. It's not about the grade of the embryo alone. Pple have transferred amazing A blasts that didn't stick . Mine was even graded b b. So pls, be happy. The Lord that did it for us, will surely do it for you. You will testify in Jesus name,Amen.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by abzz889: 11:36am On Feb 18, 2019
Gracyaugust:
[quote author=abzz889 post=75845240. I transferred both morular and early blast. I don't know the one that stuck. I have heard of pple who got pregnant with morular only. Please you shouldn't stress yourself at this point. Surround yourself with laughter and things that will make you happy. This helped me alot. Pray and believe in God. It's not about the grade of the embryo alone. Pple have transferred amazing A blasts that didn't stick . Mine was even graded b b. So pls, be happy. The Lord that did it for us, will surely do it for you. You will testify in Jesus name,Amen.

Amen!!Thank you @Gracyaugust
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Jaymamma: 2:08pm On Feb 18, 2019
abzz889:
Hello everyone.I had my embryo transfer on saturday and the embryos didn’t reach blastocyst and they were transferred as day 5 morula because they claim they were still growing.Has this happened to anyone.so upset.

I feel you mama. Let's trust God that it will work for you regardless of the statistics and that your embies will stick.

Sending baby dust your way.

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (422) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: bimkas(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.