Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,669 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:05 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (380) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1265227 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (420) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Lagbenjo: 2:32pm On Aug 04, 2022
Horlaidey007:

I was also on zoladex for three months last year before I did IVF unfortunately it was not successful. at that time I was diagnosed with endometriosis and ovarian cyst hence the reason I was on zoladex. I wanted to give IVF another try this year but I was advised to remove the cyst because it has gone big due to stim from the last IVF. I have done the surgery for cyst removal in June this year.

Yes, you can be on your supplement while on Zoladex. Are you planning on doing IVF?

Okay mama . Yes am planning for IVF. Your diagnosis is the same with mine. Endometriosis and left ovarian cyst . I have removed them February this year.

It will end in praise in your next cycle in Jesus name. Amen

Thank you so much for your reply .

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Lagbenjo: 2:48pm On Aug 04, 2022
Blendy77:

Pls don't take loan for ivf o, the outcome is not cast in stones so loan is a no no. Better to save little by little while boosting both ur eggs n sperm. What are ur issues? Are ur tubes open? How old are u? What about sperm iss? Do u hav any? The suppys u hav listed are all in d right direction so it should happen soon. Keep hope alive n keep trying naturally while saving gradually for ivf. U can also try flushing ur tubes even if they are open. There are times, little adhesions might not be picked up by hsg but ordinary flushing, with serra and even castor oil can handle it. Then praaaay! All the best Sis.

Thank you sis . I have used and still using serrapeptase, yimu cao and xixian cao. I have done castor oil packs too , though not thoroughly . Am sick and tired of that castor oil.

All the money I have expended on drugs is getting close to one IVF cycle sef. I have receipts and addition of all the purchases.

It is well
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Lagbenjo: 2:55pm On Aug 04, 2022
PossiblityGod:

I like your energy.
Way to to go sis.
Do not give anyone room to mock you just because one is still trying to conceive.
If they give you one give them ten.
I pray God grant us speed in this journey with twins, triplets to shame those who mock us both directly and indirectly.

Amen . Thank you sis
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 6:35pm On Aug 04, 2022
Lagbenjo:

Okay . Am convinced that I should go for the zoladex.
Am not using doctor Ese. The doctor am using is in lbadan. By the way, who is Dr Ese and where is his hospital located?

Thank you for your reply .

That's the primecare Doc and he's in Abuja. Gentle on the supplements since ur tubes are patent. Even at that you need to flush if u are taking them for adhesions. All the best.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by PossiblityGod: 8:26pm On Aug 04, 2022
engrprinceka:
I have for sale. Kindly send me a message

please check your mail.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by DrRossy: 8:27am On Aug 05, 2022
LadyGuinivere:
@itissettled I echo your name to u - it is settled! God will do it as into Hannah, Sarah and Elizabeth. Joy comes in the morning
I do not know if anybody has read supernatural childbirth? It has blessed me in amazing ways. I have an e copy and am willing to send to whoever wants to read

Plz send it to me: rossy_ada@yahoo.com
Thanks.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 05, 2022
Lagbenjo:

Thank you sis . I have used and still using serrapeptase, yimu cao and xixian cao. I have done castor oil packs too , though not thoroughly . Am sick and tired of that castor oil.

All the money I have expended on drugs is getting close to one IVF cycle sef. I have receipts and addition of all the purchases.

It is well

It is well dearest sister, God has remembered you in this journey.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 05, 2022
thermolady:

Hello MineMK, I'm only just reading your post, please, please go elsewhere for your last try. These days, there are so many ivf clinics in Nigeria but some are better than others. On my own Fertility Journey(23 years!) I tried at least 4 clinics but finally got a BFP from one of them. You will return to the States joyfully ijn. Kindly dm me for more details.

Hello dear, if you can afford adoption, go for it. As you are trying for years, time is ticking too. If you calculate how much you have spent, might be more than the price for adoption. Some orphans need someone like you and a home too. It is well with your family.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MummyNeto(f): 3:49pm On Aug 05, 2022
DrRossy:

Plz can you send me the ebook, thanks.
Email?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Lagbenjo: 5:31pm On Aug 05, 2022
Ninisun:

It is well dearest sister, God has remembered you in this journey.

Amen. Thank you
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Horlaidey007: 1:06pm On Aug 08, 2022
which hospital are you cycling with in Ibadan? wish you the very best. I'm also based in ibadan but will be using Dr. Ese for my next one.

Lagbenjo:

Okay mama . Yes am planning for IVF. Your diagnosis is the same with mine. Endometriosis and left ovarian cyst . I have removed them February this year.

It will end in praise in your next cycle in Jesus name. Amen

Thank you so much for your reply .
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by KanikaSingh: 1:09pm On Aug 08, 2022
yes, i recently started my IVF Treatment i have went through IVF failure at another ivf centre but the experts at Dr Sumita Sofat Hospital has treated me well and their treatment success rate is also very high
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by imsettled2: 3:24pm On Aug 08, 2022
PossiblityGod:

please check your mail.

I have sent you a mail sis
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by PossiblityGod: 3:42pm On Aug 08, 2022
imsettled2:

I have sent you a mail sis
Have replied
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Bennytwin: 3:32am On Aug 09, 2022
Lagbenjo:

Thank you mama. I didn't see your reply before now , it was an oversight .

Am 34. My hubby sperm parameters is ok and he has been on men supplement for boosting motility and sperm so as not to take chances.

My issue is endometriosis , fibriods and left ovarian cyst . My tubes are patent .
I had surgery to remove all. It was after the surgery that the doctor told me that the issue is the endometriosis not fibriods . I have been try for 5 months now after the surgery. I still experience stabbing pain in the pelvic. In my last appointment to the doctor after 5month, the doctor told me to go for IVF and that if am ready , I should be injected with zoladex to stop me from menstruating for now.
My hubby said I should take the zoladex injection.

Anyone that has /had endometriosis and got pregnant through IVF or natural should please tell me what to do

Thank you

I think i have deep seated endometriosis. Because i did surgery for it and yet it wasn't visible. You can imagine the pelvic pains i go through every day. Infact,the reason i m awake by 3:26 rte now is cos of pains. Excruciating pains,i can't explain it,but i guess u know better as well.

To ur question,yes. I conceived after taking zoladex for 2 months to seize the period and dry d endometrial cells a bit. A doctor advised that.
Sis,u will carry ur bundle of joy,very soon. I dont think u need ivf.
Take the zoladex for 2 or 3 months, depending on how much u can handle d side effects. I only took 2 months. It is given in the stomach.
Then start trying. You will get a positive result by God's grace.

6 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Lagbenjo: 10:08am On Aug 09, 2022
Bennytwin:

I think i have deep seated endometriosis. Because i did surgery for it and yet it wasn't visible. You can imagine the pelvic pains i go through every day. Infact,the reason i m awake by 3:26 rte now is cos of pains. Excruciating pains,i can't explain it,but i guess u know better as well.

To ur question,yes. I conceived after taking zoladex for 2 months to seize the period and dry d endometrial cells a bit. A doctor advised that.
Sis,u will carry ur bundle of joy,very soon. I dont think u need ivf.

Take the zoladex for 2 or 3 months, depending on how much u can handle d side effects. I only took 2 months. It is given in the stomach.
Then start trying. You will get a positive result by God's grace.

Thank you so much for your reply.

First, Congratulations for your pregnancy /birth . That's a ray of hope to us.

Sorry about the pain. I really understand. What is your doctor saying about the pain?

Do you mean you got pregnant immediately after zoladex injection worn off, without drugs or IVF ?

Please, did you give birth vaginally or through CS? Am asking this because you have had previous surgery.

Please tell me more on what you did to achieve your pregnancy after zoladex injection . Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by shegspearl(m): 8:00pm On Aug 09, 2022
Emaaaaaaa:
I called priscaver, she said the promo is not recent.

Thank you for prompt response

Hi @Emaaaaaaa pls i need your help as regards Unity Bank for FormA. I'm really short on time and i need all the help i can get. Pls how can i reach you to have a direct conversation.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Emaaaaaaa: 9:55pm On Aug 09, 2022
shegspearl:

Hi @Emaaaaaaa pls i need your help as regards Unity Bank for FormA. I'm really short on time and i need all the help i can get. Pls how can i reach you to have a direct conversation.
Okay
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by shegspearl(m): 10:06pm On Aug 09, 2022
Emaaaaaaa:
Okay

Thank you. I sent you an email already.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by GreenWorld: 4:43am On Aug 10, 2022
Hello house, please can someone recommend a good fertility/Ivf hospital in Lagos and Abeokuta (preferably at the Mainland) with reasonable cost good success rate. What is the average cost of the procedure? Thank you
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by DrRossy: 4:46pm On Aug 10, 2022
MummyNeto:

Email?

Thanks, I downloaded it.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Bennytwin: 11:14pm On Aug 10, 2022
Lagbenjo:

Thank you so much for your reply.

First, Congratulations for your pregnancy /birth . That's a ray of hope to us.

Sorry about the pain. I really understand. What is your doctor saying about the pain?

Do you mean you got pregnant immediately after zoladex injection worn off, without drugs or IVF ?

Please, did you give birth vaginally or through CS? Am asking this because you have had previous surgery.

Please tell me more on what you did to achieve your pregnancy after zoladex injection . Thank you.

Thank you.
I manage the pain with pain drugs,very high ones like pentazocine.Other times i bear it.
Since source of the pain wasnt found even with surgery,there is nothing much that can be done.

Yes dear,i got pregnant immediately after the zoladex injection. Without drugs or ivf.Like i was still waiting for the period to return,u know zoladex stops the period. So while waiting,after 6 weeks from when i stopped it,found out i was pregnant.

I gave birth via CS. Had placenta previa,so had an emergency CS delivery.

Well after the zoladex,i didnt do anything. I was tired and have already removed my mind from pregnancy,just dt i kept waiting for the period to return so i will know what next to do,and boom was curious to why it was taking long and did test and it was positive.
Though i started some.drugs immediately i found out on my doctor's instructions
Cyclogest insert every night till 14 weeks,vasoprin tablet every day till 14 weeks,clexane injection (hv forgotten how long but it wasnt up to a month) and folic acid. Thats all. Just these 4 drugs after d positive test.

Feel free to ask anything u r not sure of. Will reply once i see it.
Ehe,hope you know the zoladex has the one for 3 months? Thats at a stretch. Thats not d one i took o. Took the one that lasts for a month only. Took it for 2 consecutive months so i could stop whenever i wanted. So just stopped the period for 2 months

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Lagbenjo: 1:26pm On Aug 12, 2022
Bennytwin:

Thank you.
I manage the pain with pain drugs,very high ones like pentazocine.Other times i bear it.
Since source of the pain wasnt found even with surgery,there is nothing much that can be done.

Yes dear,i got pregnant immediately after the zoladex injection. Without drugs or ivf.Like i was still waiting for the period to return,u know zoladex stops the period. So while waiting,after 6 weeks from when i stopped it,found out i was pregnant.

I gave birth via CS. Had placenta previa,so had an emergency CS delivery.

Well after the zoladex,i didnt do anything. I was tired and have already removed my mind from pregnancy,just dt i kept waiting for the period to return so i will know what next to do,and boom was curious to why it was taking long and did test and it was positive.
Though i started some.drugs immediately i found out on my doctor's instructions
Cyclogest insert every night till 14 weeks,vasoprin tablet every day till 14 weeks,clexane injection (hv forgotten how long but it wasnt up to a month) and folic acid. Thats all. Just these 4 drugs after d positive test.

Feel free to ask anything u r not sure of. Will reply once i see it.
Ehe,hope you know the zoladex has the one for 3 months? Thats at a stretch. Thats not d one i took o. Took the one that lasts for a month only. Took it for 2 consecutive months so i could stop whenever i wanted. So just stopped the period for 2 months

I cannot be grateful enough for taking time to give explanations .

You are so lucky. You got pregnant with no menses! Whaooo! What explanation did doctor give to that? ...lol�

The prescription the doctor wrote and also explained to me is 3month injection at a stretch. He said there is monthly own, but it will be better for me to go for 3 months at a stretch .

Please, when is the best time in a cycle to take the injection ?

Staying for some other months before period will return is what is another issue now.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Bennytwin: 2:09pm On Aug 12, 2022
Lagbenjo:

I cannot be grateful enough for taking time to give explanations .

You are so lucky. You got pregnant with no menses! Whaooo! What explanation did doctor give to that? ...lol�

The prescription the doctor wrote and also explained to me is 3month injection at a stretch. He said there is monthly own, but it will be better for me to go for 3 months at a stretch .

Please, when is the best time in a cycle to take the injection ?

Staying for some other months before period will return is what is another issue now.

The doctor had no explanations my dear. He was like maybe the zoladex dried some endometrial cells and allowed d baby to attach. Also that was y he placed me on those drugs i mentioned because of likely unknown inflammatory respeonses by the body cos of d endo.

I guess ur doctor knows best why he placed u on 3 months zoladex.
I was very restless and didnt want the 3 months one cos i wanted to stop when i wanted because d longer it stays in the body,the longer it takes for ur period to return even after d drug has left d body.

The best time to tk it is immediately after ur period. Like after the last day of ur cycle.Cos u know the body immediately starts preparing after period for another ovulation and all. So u shut down the body immediately after a particular period.

If u cant stay,then tk monthly. U will just have to bear d pain of injection every month. Thats all.D injection is slightly painful o. So just bear it. Hsg is more painful and longer than it,so we have borne worse. But it doesn't tk time,in 10 seconds or less,they r done giving the injection in d stomach. I personally prefer once a month one.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Lagbenjo: 6:23pm On Aug 12, 2022
Bennytwin:

The doctor had no explanations my dear. He was like maybe the zoladex dried some endometrial cells and allowed d baby to attach. Also that was y he placed me on those drugs i mentioned because of likely unknown inflammatory respeonses by the body cos of d endo.

I guess ur doctor knows best why he placed u on 3 months zoladex.
I was very restless and didnt want the 3 months one cos i wanted to stop when i wanted because d longer it stays in the body,the longer it takes for ur period to return even after d drug has left d body.

The best time to tk it is immediately after ur period. Like after the last day of ur cycle.Cos u know the body immediately starts preparing after period for another ovulation and all. So u shut down the body immediately after a particular period.

If u cant stay,then tk monthly. U will just have to bear d pain of injection every month. Thats all.D injection is slightly painful o. So just bear it. Hsg is more painful and longer than it,so we have borne worse. But it doesn't tk time,in 10 seconds or less,they r done giving the injection in d stomach. I personally prefer once a month one.

Okay mama
Yeah. The doctor knows best
Thank you so much for the eye opener

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MigeoFoods(f): 6:50am On Aug 13, 2022
YOU NEED HEALTHY DIET TO CONQUER INFERTILITY Are you on fertility treatment, Do you want to improve your egg or sperm quality or even your overall reproductive health
NUTRIKLIN DIET CLINIC IS HERE TO HELP YOU!!!!!!!!!!
Be the first to speak to a dietitian as we launch NUTRIKLIN DIET CLINIC
SIGN UP NOW www.nutriklin.com to enjoy FREE CONSULTATION AND 50% service charge upon launching

Follow us on Instagram
www.Instagram.com/nutriklin_
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by fertilewoman: 1:37pm On Aug 15, 2022
Perculiar:
I was on prednisolone for the cycles that failed too before my doctor suggested intralipid for me. The drip is very effective. It was dr. Kingswill of blessed memory that suggested intralipid after I had three failed implantation and it worked for me. I changed clinic when kingswill died. When I moved to the new clinic PF MEDICAL CENTER SURULERE. I told the doctor that my treatment must contain intralipid drip and the that cycle worked for me too one touch. PF is very good with a good lab. All the people I sent there have positive result. In this journey learn to be your own advocate. You would have insisted on taking the drip.

thanks for this response pls do you know how much is their ivf with the various options available and the intralipid injections too

i eagerly await your response
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by fertilewoman: 1:39pm On Aug 15, 2022
Perculiar:
I would recommend pf clinics @surulere lagos.

please whats their cost for ivf
own eggs
donor eggs
surrogacy
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Perculiar: 2:29pm On Aug 15, 2022
fertilewoman:

please whats their cost for ivf
own eggs: it depends on your AMH result + or - 1.2
donor eggs: + or - 1.5
surrogacy: no idea

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by fertilewoman: 2:54pm On Aug 15, 2022
[quote author=Perculiar post=115727763][/quote]

thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by shegspearl(m): 11:23pm On Aug 16, 2022
Emaaaaaaa:
Okay

I have been trying to reach you. Sent several mails. Pls i really do need your help.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Emaaaaaaa: 9:39pm On Aug 20, 2022
shegspearl:

I have been trying to reach you. Sent several mails. Pls i really do need your help.
Please sorry. I've replied

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (420) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: kindchy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.