Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,022 members, 7,806,999 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1275045 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (422) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pslm23(f): 8:53pm On Jul 18, 2012
double blessing: It is well Pslm 23 and Abibyy,our efforts will not be in vain in Jesus name. I'm on suprefact injection and primolut N(started a week ago). I just used the last of the primolut this evening..I'm so overwhelmed with everything;in between,just got a more demanding job description and I'm 4hrs away from the clinic I'm using,hmmm,all is well..

double blessing, i'm so happy you have started stimming too. I've never heard of the protocol meds you're using. I'm on a higher dose of Menopur ad Gonal-F. I will be doing the injections until next week when hopefully i'll have enough follicles of perfect size and then i can take the trigger shot and do the retrieval.
Try not to get too overwhelmed please.. The last thing any of us on this IVF journey needs is stress..from home or from work.. 4 hours is quite a distance to drive, hopefully, you have some paid vacation or personal days that you can use. My IVF clinic is 10 mins away from my office and every 2 days since starting the injections, i have to go in for monitored b/work and ultrasound so i cordinated them for early in the morning on my way to work. On the day of the retrieval and transfer, i will be taking some of my vacation days. i am determined not to let anything stress me out including annoying co-workers. Even my husband is going away for that weekend with his friends. Take it real easy especially now that you are stimming, your ovaries are going to start swelling from all the follicles they are creating. Wear flat shoes from now on and super comfortable clothing. Stay off your feet as much as possible.
I'll keep you in my prayers...xoxoxo

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pslm23(f): 9:05pm On Jul 18, 2012
VENUSS: baby dust to you all. i hope to start next month hopefully, will join you ladies then. please if you have any info on ways to reduce high fsh, and better tips on achieving BFP this year, dont hesitate to share the info.

By God's grace you'll be starting this journey next month! It is an exciting experience believe me! It can be overwhelming at times but the positive end result is what we all are aiming for.
I will ask my nurse tomorrow for any info on how to reduce high fsh. I do not have that problem so i can't realy give you any personal tips on how to reduce it.
FOr me, the only tips i can give for a better chance of a BFP, is (1) Be very prayerful and commit the whole thing to God's hand (2) If you haven't started taking pre-natal vitamins, start it now and take it everyday. (3) eliminate whatever is a huge stress giver in your life or find a way to reduce it (4) eat healthy. cut back on your carbs, eat more leafy veges and fruit (5) start walking. Even if it's 1 mile a day, start doing some kind of excercise. (6)if u drink coffee or any other caffeinated drink, stop completely or cut down on how many cups you drink.
If i can remember more tips, i'll pass it along.
Baby dust to us all! smiley

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Topal: 12:50pm On Jul 19, 2012
Hi everyone,
Am so glad I have good news but I guess i should first says little about myself.got married in 2008.didnt worry for the first year cos we had been pregnant while courting.anyway,started to think something might have gone wrong towards end of 2009.went for all kinds of tests,hubby didn't bulge at first then after a while(I think after seeing how worried I was).we started testsf full time,always me anyway.
All the hospitals said everything was fine but I wasn't convinvced,I mean why wasn't it happening.then after an HSG ,they said tubes prob.(one blocked,one hydrosalphinx).after a lot of persuasion
,hubby reluctantly agreed to ivf and then we heard we had to do ICSI cos of lots of sperm issues.

I came here and read a lot of stories and decided to use the bridge clinic in ph(cos we live in ph ) and because a friend of mine used them and has a beautiful baby gal
I posted when we did egg retrieval,haven't been here since cos be been too nervous about the result plus I was abit down cos the said I wasn't risk of OHSS.
But we had our PT on mon 16th July and am happy to say it was positive grin smiley
Am excited,can't believe it(used 6strips)
We have our scan next week,I have faith baby/babies will be growing in the right place.
I can't thank all of u enough for sharing,u all inspired me and I hope this inspires someone .
I don't know much about hospitals and which is best but we used The Bridge ph and got out positive on the first attempt using ivf/ICSI.
And above all prayers to God.
Thank u all once again for replying and welcoming me on my first post to sharing and wishing me well
I pray that God will answer us all real soon.
Baby dust to u all
Happy me!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pslm23(f): 1:32pm On Jul 19, 2012
@Topal... congratulations girl!! smiley So happy for you!! He that did it for you will surely do it for us! Keep us posted from time to time. We all shall surely have the same story to tell...
Sticky vibes to you! cool cool
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Topal: 1:36pm On Jul 19, 2012
@pslm23
Thank u dear,am super excited plus my husband is doing everything in the house!!
I'l be sure to keep u posted and I trust your good news is just around the corner too
smiley grin
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 19, 2012
@Topal a very big congrats to u and ur hubby.God wiLl def see it thru dis journey sucessfully.I am so inspired by your story and hope to share mine soonest.Hi ladies,am new on dis thread and will be trying IUI 4 d ist time next month. I pray 4 d best as I've been ttcing since 2010 wen I wedded.Will def post and draw strength frm time 2 time here.
I'm open to ideas,suggestions and tips.
Baby dust y'all
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ipio(f): 5:16pm On Jul 19, 2012
@pslm23 & double blessing, praying d best 4 u, God will give u a pleasant surprise in Jesus name. @ Topal,congratulations, God will keep u & d babies.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by doubleblessing(f): 8:23pm On Jul 19, 2012
So happy for you Topal,congratualtions!it will be a pleasant 40weeks for you.

Thanks Ipio,it is well with us all.

@Believer84,welcome dear,our expectations shall not be cut short.
Baby dust to all
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by abibyy(f): 8:25pm On Jul 20, 2012
topal i wish you a smooth and lovely nine month.

am so happy 4 u double blessing,please dont stress yourself just put everything into the hands of God just as pslm23 has said and i pray for the best for both of you and for us that are yet to start.

lots of baby dust to us all.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 6:00am On Jul 22, 2012
Topal congratulations!!! Waoooo, this is good news. First attempt? Our God is truly awesome. God who started this will be faithful to complete it IJN.

Psalm23 and Double, good to know u've started your stimming. This one must be positive by God's grace cos this is the season of good news. God has been faithful to waiting mummies this year and urs will not be different IJN. Wishing you lots of baby dust.

@ Double-blessing, my doc placed me on metformin, aspirin and pregnant care alongside the stimming drugs. I was constantly monitored. Can't really tell if that helped in prevention of hyperstimulation cos I actually went as high as 5amples of fsh per day and produced just 11follicles while in my last ivf with bridge was just 3 ampoules and I was admitted for hyperstimulation cos I wasn't monitored at all till day 10 which was already too late for me. So insist on frequent scans and rest a lot when u have the opportunity. Wish u all the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by doubleblessing(f): 3:07pm On Jul 22, 2012
Thanks a ton Blendy,you've been a great source of inspiration. I kinda got the final push I needed from you and pslm 23,moreso,I got to know about Dr Emeka through you. I'll keep on posting my updates and by God's grace,I know our victory's sure(the only thing now's that acne's invaded my face and my back,but I don't care though).

Believe you as well as the great generations are doing well. Tons of baby dust to all
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 7:20pm On Jul 22, 2012
You don't have any stress if it's Emeka u're using. You will definitely get the best for your money cos he has time for every patient. Lots and lots of baby dust.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by bolseas(f): 10:47am On Jul 26, 2012
Hello Pslm23, how is your back? hope you are feeling much better. best of luck with the IVF.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Topal: 4:56pm On Aug 13, 2012
Hi everyone
Thanks for all the kind wishes,finally cleared for ante natal on sat(didn't no it wld take that long).
They said they had to hear baby'heartbeat and all.
Anyway we are good and baby is doing fine.even though she doesnt let me eat nd ve lost 3kg already.she says hi to all her aunties on nairaland(dts me wishing for a gIrl)
I put all of u in my prayers
God will answer us all real soon and 2012 will be our yr of testimonies

Baby dust to u all
I promise to keep u updated from time to time.
Thank u all soo much

5 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by abibyy(f): 7:15pm On Aug 13, 2012
so happy for you Topal,tell baby we're saying hi as well,we love her so much and we cant wait to hear her cry.I wish you all the best and enjoy the rest of your nine month.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pslm23(f): 12:28pm On Aug 14, 2012
Hi ladies. i don't even know where to begin. Egg retreival was very successful. I had 6 viable healthy eggs collected but i tell ya, the devil is really trying to break my faith but we shall see who will have the last laugh.
Bottomline, my eggs are being frozen right now because just like that, my husband's semen analysis came back with zero sperms....not even one! I have been in a depressed and almost zombie like state... catatonic is the word for it. i stopped going to work, eating and wanting to do anything.
Now they are trying to figure out what caused the problem. The have narrowed everything down to 1 culpri, his Androgel testosterone cream. I am pissed at the doctor who prescribed this and did not tell us that one of the major side effects was low or no sperm count! i'm like seriously?? and then i went off on my husband because i didn't even know he was using this cream and i wanted to know why. i did a research on Androgel and found out that it is a Testosterone topical gel used to treat the symptoms of low testosterone in men who do not produce enough natural testosterone. Testosterone is a hormone that is usually produced by the body that is needed for the growth and functioning of the male sexual organs! So what the heck was he using it for? there is nothing wrong with his male organ so who or what was he doing this for?
I'm so sorry ladies, i am so upset, i need to vent.
To cut the long story, in October, i am using a donor sperm! My clinic put me in touch with several sperm banks around Califonia and PA and it was a very tasking job trying to find a suitable donor. There are no African/nigerian donors, virtually all the donors are mixed caucasians..
I can't believe it has come to this! Should i just give this up! I'm tired. Maybe this wasn't meant to be! i don't know anymore.
God bless you all and for those of you who have had success, I wish you the best and lots of happiness and love. You all were so encouraging and we became a family of sorts here, sharing our pains and being there for each other. My heart is broken but i'll be fine. Baby dust to y'all and sticky vibes to my pregnant friends! Happy 9 months!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by champs: 4:54pm On Aug 14, 2012
Congrats Topal,Wishing you stressfree 38 weeks.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pslm23(f): 5:48pm On Aug 14, 2012
Who is the moderator in this health forum? Can i ask why my post was hidden? It is very annoying and rude of you guys to just delete or hide meaningful posts that are relevant to the subject at hand. What did i say wrong? When i first started this thread, y'all banned me for no good reason and now because i shared what i went through during my most recent IVF procedure, you delete or hide my post? Well done! I hope y'all feel proud and accomplished today by doing that!
Hide this or delete it if you feel like it!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by abibyy(f): 8:04pm On Aug 14, 2012
Hi pslm23 infact av been waiting to hear update from you and doubleblessing,i would have write to ask about the update but i just dont want to be too forward,i wanted you to post at ur convenient time,i cant imagine how someone could do such a thing this is an educative and informative forum,i think we should encourage ppl who share their experience because is not easy ,but i still dont want to beleive that someone could do that maybe is just a mixup,but if that is the case we dont want such ppl on this thread so pls we should be carefull cos that is a rude behaviour.anyway pslm23 pls dont let that stop you from updating us i personally am expecting to hear your update and i believe some of us want this aswell,pls and pls do not let that bother you cos ivf does not want stress you know, pls i would like if you could repost the update,i avent read it as am just coming back from work,waiting to hear from you soon.thanks.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by camrygmail: 10:21pm On Aug 14, 2012
pslm23 no vex my sister.

on the ttc forum the post usually gets hidden or deleted when prescription dosages are included. i am sure one of the moderators will soon unhide the post. pele dear.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by abibyy(f): 7:17am On Aug 15, 2012
They should pls do that kia kia
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pslm23(f): 2:56pm On Aug 15, 2012
camrygmail: pslm23 no vex my sister.

on the ttc forum the post usually gets hidden or deleted when prescription dosages are included. i am sure one of the moderators will soon unhide the post. pele dear.

but i did not include any prescription doses! I only mentioned the name of a medication my husband was using that caused me the heart break i went through and still am going through today. For them to remove that post is wrong. We are all on a journey here, someone might be using that same medication without knowing the horrendous damage it is causing. Do you know what it feels like to find out that your husband went from have millions of swimmers with great motility to a big fat zero..NOTHING swimming at all in a matter of 8 months that he was on that medication which he started using unknown to me. I love to look up things online especially medications and their side effects, if i had known he was using it, i'd have looked it up and stopped him.
Anyway, my egg retreival happened smoothly. i had 6. All 6 have been frozen because my husband no longer has any swimmers. We are now contemplating using a donor from a S.Bank.
Life is a learning field, we all learn from what other people are going through. If any of your husbands are on any medication, please check and find out what kind of side effects it will have on his count. I'm suffering greatly because of what has happened. I have not been to work in over 3 weeks. I am so depressed.... I am leaving for Nigeria in a week and i will stay there for maybe a month till this feeling passes, but i can't function properly anymore!
Baby dust and sticky vibes to all you beautiful preggy moms and moms to be! Love y'all!

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pslm23(f): 2:56pm On Aug 15, 2012
Moderators, if you want to hide my new post again, please do so!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by champs: 3:43pm On Aug 15, 2012
pslm23:

but i did not include any prescription doses! I only mentioned the name of a medication my husband was using that caused me the heart break i went through and still am going through today. For them to remove that post is wrong. We are all on a journey here, someone might be using that same medication without knowing the horrendous damage it is causing. Do you know what it feels like to find out that your husband went from have millions of swimmers with great motility to a big fat zero..NOTHING swimming at all in a matter of 8 months that he was on that medication which he started using unknown to me. I love to look up things online especially medications and their side effects, if i had known he was using it, i'd have looked it up and stopped him.
Anyway, my egg retreival happened smoothly. i had 6. All 6 have been frozen because my husband no longer has any swimmers. We are now contemplating using a donor from a S.Bank.
Life is a learning field, we all learn from what other people are going through. If any of your husbands are on any medication, please check and find out what kind of side effects it will have on his count. I'm suffering greatly because of what has happened. I have not been to work in over 3 weeks. I am so depressed.... I am leaving for Nigeria in a week and i will stay there for maybe a month till this feeling passes, but i can't function properly anymore!
Baby dust and sticky vibes to all you beautiful preggy moms and moms to be! Love y'all!
I am so sorry for what you are passing through at the moment,the good God shall come to your rescue. Do you mind if you re drop the medication your DH was taking that affected his sper.mies drastically,so we can all learn from this. Babydust to you.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pslm23(f): 3:52pm On Aug 15, 2012
My dear Champs.... i'm afraid to drop the name because that was probably why they removed my post. I don't know how the PM thing works with this new NL design, i would have sent you a personal message with the name.

But i have to add this other information. Diabetes also have big effect on the count and motility of the swimmers especially if insulin is being used to control it!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by abibyy(f): 8:28pm On Aug 15, 2012
so sorry about your situation pslm23,i pray everything will be well with you very very soon,and am so happy you are taking a vacation to naija so you cool off a bit, i wish you a safe trip.lots and loads of baby dust to us all.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Topal: 12:04pm On Aug 16, 2012
I agree with blendy,bridge does the sperm thing.it was done for a friend of mine as well nd she had a daughter in April.maybe u shod ask abt that option but dnt worry.it is well.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Topal: 3:54pm On Aug 16, 2012
Pslm 23,
I mean my friend's hubby too couldn't produce sperm at all,she said they had to inject and collect from the testis and this was done in bridge here in naija,ph to be precise and they have a baby gal now,so maybe u can ask them for that option.but pls take it easy and a vacation would definitely help.
God bless u dear

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by camrygmail: 6:23pm On Aug 16, 2012
@Pslm23 you have gone thru alot and so i won't blame for being depressed. But please try to encourage yourself with God's word, we don't need depression to make your TTC journery more complex. I am happy you are going naija to spend time with family. i hope your trip to naija will be all you expect (uplifting, encouraging etc) and more.

Are the side effects of the drugs that your DH took reversible? What is his Dr saying? please don't get upset at DH in anyway just remain supportive and you both will overcome this. The journey is almost over. just imagine how sweet your testimony will be. when you get your BFP we will know that God only deserves the praise.

I believe the procedure that Topal and blendy are referring to is called TESA ... one of the ladies on the TTC board mentioned that the TESA procedure worked for her DH with no fluid count.

It is well with you.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by dominique(f): 8:24pm On Aug 16, 2012
@pslm23
the spambots hid your post not the mods. scroll up and you'll see the post. next time sometime similar happens, just notify us on the complaint thread. cheers.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Bucacious: 11:19pm On Aug 16, 2012
@psalm 23,I've been following ur post and ave been praying for u in my quiet time.I understand how u feel. Just calm down dear!honestly,I don't know the right words to comfort u but I trust the Holy spirit would do. Its a trying time and challenges are meant to be conquered.let God guide u in whateva step u plan to take and plsss,once again,calm down.lots of love

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (422) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.