Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,831 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

Releases All Our Members, Then We Dialogue - Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Releases All Our Members, Then We Dialogue - Boko Haram (3925 Views)

Buhari More Interested In Humiliating Our Members - PDP Cries Out / Soldiers Raped Our Members Before Killing Them – Shiite Women / Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Releases All Our Members, Then We Dialogue - Boko Haram by OAM4J: 1:21am On Oct 04, 2011
[size=13pt]Boko Haram gives single condition for talks[/size]

The violent Islamic sect, Boko Haram, has said that it is ready for dialogue with the Federal Government. But the sect says this will only happen if the government releases all its members in detention.

The proposed talks, however, might not lead to the final solution that government had long searched for as the sect’s spokesman, Abu Qaqa, said that it would only be “a temporary measure for peace.”

Qaqa’s statement, issued on behalf of the sect on Sunday, was quoted in a News Agency of Nigeria report.

The statement reads, “Our position remains the establishment of Sharia Law in all Muslim states in Nigeria.

“But as a temporary measure for peace, we will accept to talk with government only when all our members in captivity all over the states are released.”

However, an Anglican Bishop has warned the Federal Government not to negotiate with the sect, saying talks will only “encourage gangsterism and terrorism in the country.”

The Bishop of the Anglican Communion, Calabar Diocese, Rev. Tunde Adeleye, spoke in the Cross River State capital even as gunmen suspected to be members of the sect shot three people at a market in Maiduguri, Borno State on Monday.

Qaqa said the sect, which currently engages the Federal Government in a campaign of violence, had the list of its members arrested by the Police, the State Security Service and other security agencies. Last week, the sect denied a part of the report of the Presidential Committee on Security Challenges in the North-East that says it is ready for talks.

The committee headed by Ambassador Gaji Galtmari submitted its report to the Federal Government two weeks ago.

Qaqa said the Galtmari panel never met with the group.

The sect said, “We only heard the story in the media, nobody contacted us throughout the sitting of the committee. So, it is wrong for them to recommend dialogue with us when they did not make any effort to meet with us.

“The idea of appointing the Sultan of Sokoto as a mediator between us and the government is also not acceptable to us because the Sultan is not the authentic Muslim leader in Nigeria.”

The Agence France Presse, which reported the killings in Maiduguri, said it was confirmed by the Borno State police commissioner, Simeon Midenda.

The commissioner was quoted as saying, “I have received report of an attack this morning by suspected Boko Haram gunmen in Baga market where a tea seller, a drug store owner and a passer-by were shot dead by the attackers.

“The fact that nothing was taken from the tea seller who was shot in the chest and the head and the drug store owner rules out robbery.”

The market is frequented by traders from Chad, Niger and Cameroon. There have been no arrests in connection with the attack, he said. The attack brings to eight the number of people killed in the city in the last two days by suspected Islamists after weeks of a lull in Boko Haram-instigated bomb and shooting attacks.

Five people were killed on Independence Day on Saturday, in two separate attacks, a spokesman for a special military unit in Maiduguri also told AFP.

In one of them, attackers used explosives and gunfire to target an army patrol near a wedding in the city, killing at least three civilians, the military said on Sunday.

In the second incident, a butcher and his assistant were shot dead by gunmen in Maiduguri.

Adeleye, at a press conference heralding the synod of the diocese, said that holding talks with the Boko Haram Sect was not the solution to the problem.

The cleric said, “We do not agree that one of the solutions to this problem is to have dialogue or a round table talk with the people involved. If the Federal Government starts to talk or plan to treat them (Boko Haram) the same way the Niger-Delta militants were treated, then we must say that it will be a bad precedent.

“This may encourage gangsterism and terrorism in this country and the Federal Government will need to keep discussing with everybody or group threatening the peace of the country.”

Attacks on military barracks, police facilities and drinking joints in Maiduguri and other towns in the north as well as the Federal Capital Territory by the violent sect, said to be founded in Maiduguri, have claimed at least 750 lives.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201110041145814
Re: Releases All Our Members, Then We Dialogue - Boko Haram by koruji(m): 1:59am On Oct 04, 2011
Why not? Governors are tendering apologies, President is claiming he is facing many Goliaths & he is not a General.

If you were BH won't your fly a kite like this - they might just accept. What a strange country?
Re: Releases All Our Members, Then We Dialogue - Boko Haram by WebSurfer(m): 5:04am On Oct 04, 2011
they now dictate wateva dey wants now abi? Where is Jonathan 4 God's sake! Instead of tackling the issue of insecurity 1st b4 any other, he does the opposite, How long should this bokos disturb us?
Re: Releases All Our Members, Then We Dialogue - Boko Haram by Nobody: 5:11am On Oct 04, 2011
Whatever it is they're smoking, I need it to be passed down to me. I also wanna feel that "high" that would make me ask for the sun.
Re: Releases All Our Members, Then We Dialogue - Boko Haram by WebSurfer(m): 6:22am On Oct 04, 2011
^^^^^u will also ask 4 fire 2, Lol, Weed would help
Re: Releases All Our Members, Then We Dialogue - Boko Haram by Shewen1(f): 8:53am On Oct 04, 2011
The FG should not negotiate with these pple. Infact FG should take a no-negotiation stand against terrorism cos these pple will ask for more than the FG will be able 2 give later.
Re: Releases All Our Members, Then We Dialogue - Boko Haram by moderatorr: 9:06am On Oct 04, 2011
initially they said 'no negotiation whatsoever'. Now they want 'release of all their bombers and negotiation!'.

Roflmao. Sign of desperation!
Their failure to detonate a bomb in this wide and porous nigeria on october 1st means that their effective number has been reduced to a desperate few in hiding.

Boko harm has not stopped the development of this nation, it hasnt even slowed it down. Instead they have sacrificed their meagre life improving the security of this country. Lol to bokoharam.
Re: Releases All Our Members, Then We Dialogue - Boko Haram by joeyfire(m): 9:17am On Oct 04, 2011
If our president agrees to this I will emigrate. Chikena.terrorists bombed tanzania and kenya in the 90's and those countries nipped it in the bud, why must nigerian leadership be so weak and clueless.
Re: Releases All Our Members, Then We Dialogue - Boko Haram by onechance(m): 9:21am On Oct 04, 2011
did America negociate with al qieda NO ,so Nigeria take note
Re: Releases All Our Members, Then We Dialogue - Boko Haram by vitality22(m): 9:21am On Oct 04, 2011
God will definitely save us all. At this point this is the only thing one can say. The president has no solution, neither does the governors who are rather tendering apologies to the Bokites.
Re: Releases All Our Members, Then We Dialogue - Boko Haram by femmy2010(m): 9:28am On Oct 04, 2011
The same sect member the FG release would be used to bomb us again.
NO TO TERRORISM.
Re: Releases All Our Members, Then We Dialogue - Boko Haram by tellwisdom: 9:38am On Oct 04, 2011
Maybe na until BH requests for his BLOKUS, then he wld wake up from his slumber angry angry
Re: Releases All Our Members, Then We Dialogue - Boko Haram by bisiaet: 9:47am On Oct 04, 2011
I'm definately sure Jonathan would not make such error negotiating with terrorist I do not pray he made such mistake I dont want to continue on that for now.

No negotiation and there should be no any roundtable discussion of any sort. What they stand for is totally nonsense and irrelevant. Their struggle or demand are not to better any human in anyway rather it put more pain, seclution, anguish, madness, violent on people so to H E L L with any demand for talk.

Gej dont try it because if you do that means you are "FINISH" i'm one of your hardline supporter despite i'm not your party member BUT it would be the biggest error for you Mr Jonathan to be cow all round and turn yourself to a toy in the handS of everybody.
Re: Releases All Our Members, Then We Dialogue - Boko Haram by donwilz(m): 10:05am On Oct 04, 2011
Re: Releases All Our Members, Then We Dialogue - Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 04, 2011
Na wa o!! terrorrists are now dictating there own terms in nija embarassed May God save us
Re: Releases All Our Members, Then We Dialogue - Boko Haram by Funkymallam(m): 10:11am On Oct 04, 2011
Shege Boko bois.
U now want negociation? Release d bombers n regroup, during regrouping, there will be 'relative peace', after then hit the nation harder than ever.
I doubt if the presido is dat dumb.
U guys v d guts to tok of d Sultan in such a manner?
Boko, wot happened? We did not see u guys in abj on sat, as promised or r all ur members in jail? K, no wonder u want relative peace,
I dey laff
Re: Releases All Our Members, Then We Dialogue - Boko Haram by Okijajuju1(m): 10:19am On Oct 04, 2011
These our useless Senators and Reps were quick to ban Homosexual marriages (as if any institution in Nigeria would wed f@ggots) but cant pass a bill that say "No negociation with terrorists", #smh
Re: Releases All Our Members, Then We Dialogue - Boko Haram by sandysprax(m): 10:38am On Oct 04, 2011
Okija_juju:

These our useless Senators and Reps were quick to ban Same-sex marriages (as if any institution in Nigeria would wed f@ggots) but cant pass a bill that say "No negociation with terrorists", #smh
Typical of Nigerian Govt. they leave the substance and chase after shadows.As for those terrorists, if only the federal Govt will follow them up very closely because i think they are weak now hence their demand for the release of their members to resume attacks
Re: Releases All Our Members, Then We Dialogue - Boko Haram by blackolove(m): 10:50am On Oct 04, 2011
FG pls be careful the way u treat issues concerning the security of the country.having a dialogue or round table talk with terrorist that have decided to take another pple's life is nt the best to me.if FG do this,then Nigeria should b ready for another group of terrorist that will rise against the country.cos thy will wnt their own share b/4.since this group have called 4 war,Nigeria should give them double war.we cn invite the militants to help us fight them.they are the main weapon Nigeria to fight boko haram.i rest my case
Re: Releases All Our Members, Then We Dialogue - Boko Haram by Flameboy26(m): 11:58am On Oct 04, 2011
make thunder fire dos abokis called boko. Beaf watz holdin ur ebele
Re: Releases All Our Members, Then We Dialogue - Boko Haram by sexyshe(f): 12:09pm On Oct 04, 2011
WHAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love this, they are now getting desperate, and reduce to a meager few, Now they want the FG to release those in captive, if Jonathan releases them, then they will just resume duties.

whatever happened to torture? insert broomsticks in their willies or under their nails and make them talk.
Make them a scape goat so yet to be terrorists wont find bombing lucrative.
Re: Releases All Our Members, Then We Dialogue - Boko Haram by donwilz(m): 12:26pm On Oct 04, 2011
Boko Haram to FG "Total Shari'a in Nigeria or no Peace"

The militant Islamic group, Boko Haram, which has been responsible for much of the insecurity in Nigeria due to it's spate of bombings and attacks on security forces has sent an email to major news outlets signed by it's spokesman, Abu Qaqa, to say that there will be no peace in Nigeria until there is a total implementation of Shari'a law in Nigeria.

Their email which was written in Hausa language had the following message to Nigerians and the authorities "the country would not have peace until there is 100 per cent implementation of Sharia law in the country as enshrined in the holy Quran as well as immediate release of all our members who were detained and in the custody of security agencies for no just cause”.

The group which has been celebrating the fact that the FG held a low level Independence Day celebration apparently because of them also declared that they had no iota of respect for the Sultan of Sokoto and other traditional rulers from the North.In his email, Qaqa disqualified the Sultan thus "our position is that the Sultan is just a traditional ruler who revolted against the teachings of his ancestors and put the Nigerian Constitution ahead of the teachings of the Holy Qur’an and the traditions of the Prophet.”

This is not surprising especially as NaijaPundit had earlier published a leaked wikileaks cable in which the Buhari team had told American Embassy officials that they had no confidence in the Northern Traditional rulers in general while naming the Sultan of Sokoto and the emir of Kano specifically as people who had tried to corrupt the judiciary.

This agenda of Islamising Nigeria while alarming to some is nothing new to students of history who would recall that this has always been the agenda of the Northern establishment right from pre colonial times.

For instance the First Premier of the North, the revered Sir Ahmadu Bello did say only eleven days after Nigeria's independence that "The new nation called Nigeria should be an estate of our great grandfather Othman Dan Fodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We use the minorities in the north as willing tools and the south as a conquered territory and never allow them to rule over us and never allow them to have control over their future." – Parrot Newspaper October 12, 1960.

Nigerians may also recall that the late Sheik Abubakar Gumi had advocated that Nigeria should be ruled exclusively by Muslims.

Nigerians may also recall the statement credited to former Military Head of State Buhari to the effect that Muslims should only vote for a Muslim candidate. Of course Buhari later clarified his statement that what he meant was that Muslims should only vote for those who will promote their religion. How that differs from his original statement is still a mystery. But of course Nigerians do remember that religion was used by Buhari's party, the CPC to campaign and mobilize during the last elections.

How the FG hopes to contain Boko Haram remains to be seen especially going by their latest email but most Nigerians are scratching their heads and asking themselves whether there is any correlation between the comments made by a prominent member of the Northern establishment, Lawal Kaita, to the effect that "we (who are this "we?) will make Nigeria ungovernable for Jonathan" if he wins.

Now that Jonathan has won and attempts are being made to make Nigeria ungovernable, many Nigerians are telling Jonathan that yes he may not need to be a "lion" but Nigeria needs a leader that is also not a sheep!

If You Ask Me, I'll Tell You These People Are Already Nuts. BTW, culled from Naijapals. Buhari is HARAM
Re: Releases All Our Members, Then We Dialogue - Boko Haram by Pukkah: 12:34pm On Oct 04, 2011
I stand by what I've been saying: do not release their members and put the Boko Haram people under more pressure. The way this issue is addressed will send a message to other violence-loving groups anywhere in Nigeria.

I once posted this:

Pukkah:

Is Boko Haram ready for peace?  Why should government extend an olive branch to a band of bomb throwers that are making difficult demands? Let them go their way if they so wish and if it's the desire of the majority of the people there.  Should the majority of the people there be against the bomb throwing, then they should prevail on the 'minority' in order not to be cut off with them.

However, the Intelligence units of our security agencies need to be overhauled so that they respond proactively to events like this and quell them when they happen before the problem snowballs into an emergency.  For now, government should not appear weak or indulging, the security agents should mingle with them and break them from within while shelling them from outside.  The Boko Haram people should be brought to their knees and government should not kowtow to them. The perpetrators - barons, patrons, foot soldiers, etc - should be arrested and tried. Sadly, I doubt the ability of our security agencies to bring this matter to a close in record time.  They are too corrupt and inept for that.  embarassed

The way this Boko Haram issue is handled becomes a template for other forms of agitation or crimes. Ask yourself, are you going to be making peace overtures to every disgruntled group that employs violence as its placard? Before long, it will become abused and the country will play host to several violent groups requesting for one thing or the other raging from the mundane to those bordering on the Constitution. And really, there are so many things for different groups to bicker about in this country. 

Most importantly, governments at all levels should be responsive and live up to their responsibilities:  Provide infrastructure for your people and stop (or at least slow down) stealing money as if there's no tomorrow.  Desist from sharing guns and ammunition to unemployed youths for political purposes. Know that the 'area boy' or 'almajiri' becomes not only useless to himself but a menace to the whole society.  This is the way to prevent the problem in the first place instead of running after symptoms and leaves of a problem as opposed to tackling the root.

For example, beyond revelling in the amnesty-induced respite in the Niger Delta, what have governments (Federal and States) done to address the problems that led to the Niger Delta agitation and emergence of the militant groups?  I hope we won't blow this opportunity to achieve a long-lasting peace in the Niger Delta. Should the present crop of (ex)militants drop the agitation, other groups, probably more violent, will emerge.
Re: Releases All Our Members, Then We Dialogue - Boko Haram by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 04, 2011
sexyshe:

WHAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love this, they are now getting desperate, and reduce to a meager few, Now they want the FG to release those in captive, if Jonathan releases them, then they will just resume duties.

whatever happened to torture? insert broomsticks in their willies or under their nails and make them talk.
Make them a scape goat so yet to be terrorists wont find bombing lucrative.
I av saiid it and will reiterate again dat d day any of my family or friends is killed by ds useless muslim bigots called boko haram, i will personally take d lyf of d nearst hausa muslim close to me wen my head gasses, Shekinah, if govt lyk, let dem negotiate & if they lyk let them not; they are d leaderz, let dem apply whteva post active measurez dat will bring ds terorist to ther knells and learn proactive measurz to prevent same in future, But left, For me, we shuld be negotiatin hw ds contraption called nigeria shuld be divided and hw all nothern muslims workin in companies and industries in d south can be sacked and deportd back to d north,
Re: Releases All Our Members, Then We Dialogue - Boko Haram by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 04, 2011
may GOd punish boko-haram and if its d quoran and d teachings of d prophet dat tells dem to kill pple to make nigeria a muslim state, may prophet MOhammed not knw peace in his grave and may HOly GHOST fire born all d quoran in d world, Useless people,
Re: Releases All Our Members, Then We Dialogue - Boko Haram by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 04, 2011
kiss NIGERIA shuld jst break up or Nigeria shuld be recolonised and ther shuld be a call for re-amalgamation so dat all ethnic, religious and tribal entities dat make her up can enter a new contract of existence and togetherness, Hw we wish to be governed, If the is no concensus, evry region shuld fight for itz own independence and prepare to govern its self wit its GOD given human Nd natural resources, But first, let all nothernerz return to d north and all southernerz return to d south, Abi? Wht do u think? kiss NIGERIA shuld jst break up or Nigeria shuld be recolonised and ther shuld be a call for re-amalgamation so dat all ethnic, religious and tribal entities dat make her up can enter a new contract of existence and togetherness, Hw we wish to be governed, If the is no concensus, evry region shuld fight for itz own independence and prepare to govern its self wit its GOD given human Nd natural resources, But first, let all nothernerz return to d north and all southernerz return to d south, Abi? Wht do u think?
Re: Releases All Our Members, Then We Dialogue - Boko Haram by sandysprax(m): 6:37pm On Oct 04, 2011
donwilz:

Boko Haram to FG "Total Shari'a in Nigeria or no Peace"

The militant Islamic group, Boko Haram, which has been responsible for much of the insecurity in Nigeria due to it's spate of bombings and attacks on security forces has sent an email to major news outlets signed by it's spokesman, Abu Qaqa, to say that there will be no peace in Nigeria until there is a total implementation of Shari'a law in Nigeria.

Their email which was written in Hausa language had the following message to Nigerians and the authorities "the country would not have peace until there is 100 per cent implementation of Sharia law in the country as enshrined in the holy Quran as well as immediate release of all our members who were detained and in the custody of security agencies for no just cause”.

The group which has been celebrating the fact that the FG held a low level Independence Day celebration apparently because of them also declared that they had no iota of respect for the Sultan of Sokoto and other traditional rulers from the North.In his email, Qaqa disqualified the Sultan thus "our position is that the Sultan is just a traditional ruler who revolted against the teachings of his ancestors and put the Nigerian Constitution ahead of the teachings of the Holy Qur’an and the traditions of the Prophet.”

This is not surprising especially as NaijaPundit had earlier published a leaked wikileaks cable in which the Buhari team had told American Embassy officials that they had no confidence in the Northern Traditional rulers in general while naming the Sultan of Sokoto and the emir of Kano specifically as people who had tried to corrupt the judiciary.

This agenda of Islamising Nigeria while alarming to some is nothing new to students of history who would recall that this has always been the agenda of the Northern establishment right from pre colonial times.

For instance the First Premier of the North, the revered Sir Ahmadu Bello did say only eleven days after Nigeria's independence that "The new nation called Nigeria should be an estate of our great grandfather Othman Dan Fodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We use the minorities in the north as willing tools and the south as a conquered territory and never allow them to rule over us and never allow them to have control over their future." – Parrot Newspaper October 12, 1960.

Nigerians may also recall that the late Sheik Abubakar Gumi had advocated that Nigeria should be ruled exclusively by Muslims.

Nigerians may also recall the statement credited to former Military Head of State Buhari to the effect that Muslims should only vote for a Muslim candidate. Of course Buhari later clarified his statement that what he meant was that Muslims should only vote for those who will promote their religion. How that differs from his original statement is still a mystery. But of course Nigerians do remember that religion was used by Buhari's party, the CPC to campaign and mobilize during the last elections.

How the FG hopes to contain Boko Haram remains to be seen especially going by their latest email but most Nigerians are scratching their heads and asking themselves whether there is any correlation between the comments made by a prominent member of the Northern establishment, Lawal Kaita, to the effect that "we (who are this "we?) will make Nigeria ungovernable for Jonathan" if he wins.

Now that Jonathan has won and attempts are being made to make Nigeria ungovernable, many Nigerians are telling Jonathan that yes he may not need to be a "lion" but Nigeria needs a leader that is also not a sheep!

If You Ask Me, I'll Tell You These People Are Already Nuts. BTW, culled from Naijapals. Buhari is HARAM

Nigeria don suffer sef. So things have decayed to a point tht bunch illiterates are now saying wht happens in a country filled with Professors, Doctors, Engineers, Scientist etc.
torhuke:

I av saiid it and will reiterate again dat d day any of my family or friends is killed by ds useless muslim bigots called boko haram, i will personally take d lyf of d nearst hausa muslim close to me wen my head gasses, Shekinah, if govt lyk, let dem negotiate & if they lyk let them not; they are d leaderz, let dem apply whteva post active measurez dat will bring ds terorist to ther knells and learn proactive measurz to prevent same in future, But left, For me, we shuld be negotiatin hw ds contraption called nigeria shuld be divided and hw all nothern muslims workin in companies and industries in d south can be sacked and deportd back to d north,

My brother the killing of an muslim man will not bring ur loved one back if something happens to them, lets just keep talkin and acting at every opportunity tht we have to until the govt and every damn person responsible for security wakes up.Why cant they even torture the ones the've caught to take them by hand to the ones in hiding.
Re: Releases All Our Members, Then We Dialogue - Boko Haram by sunkoye: 6:38pm On Oct 04, 2011
see finish shocked grin grin
Re: Releases All Our Members, Then We Dialogue - Boko Haram by dayokanu(m): 6:56pm On Oct 04, 2011
Since Odechukwu retardeens Govt already negotiated with fellow terrorists called MEND

Why wont Boko Haram ask for their own terms?

The moment you negotiate with one set of terrorist

[size=18pt]MEND names team to dialogue with Federal Government [/size]

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/Military/5465185-147/story.csp
Re: Releases All Our Members, Then We Dialogue - Boko Haram by engrj(m): 8:25pm On Oct 04, 2011
Boko Haram Give me ur no?
Re: Releases All Our Members, Then We Dialogue - Boko Haram by engrj(m): 8:28pm On Oct 04, 2011
Boko Haram Give me your no, i want to bomb my Landlord's house. please am den serious
Re: Releases All Our Members, Then We Dialogue - Boko Haram by kristoffa: 8:28pm On Oct 04, 2011
shocked shocked This is rubbish and an insult to the nation as a whole why should the federal government release their members that has committed genocide??it will be shame and and a big slap humanity if those murderer  are not punish for their sins.
Why cant the fedral government use force on boko haram,? can boko haram withstand all our military arsenal??

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Doctors Views / Nigerian Economy; The North-south Regional Disparity - Rencap / Summary: Nigeria's Muhammadu Buhari In Profile (BBC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.