Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,819 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:18 PM

Starcomms Talkie And Reltel Isp Which Is Better. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Starcomms Talkie And Reltel Isp Which Is Better. (1282 Views)

The Best ISP In Surulere Area, Lagos? / The Best ISP In Nigeria? / How Do I Disable Or Bypass My ISP Firewall? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starcomms Talkie And Reltel Isp Which Is Better. by ooe1: 11:53am On Sep 07, 2007
Please folks who has tried both Starcomms Talkie and the Reltel ISP?
What can you say about the two?
I have been using the Starcomms product for over 3 months and it has been very reliable but kind of slow lately. This can be very frustrating atimes. It makes you work longer hours on little projects.
Please leave your fair judgement if you have used both services.

Dealers and relatives please hold your peace and look out for improvement opportunities.
Re: Starcomms Talkie And Reltel Isp Which Is Better. by bjpumpin(f): 10:54am On Sep 08, 2007
reltel is faster because starccomms have many people who have pulled the speed away
Re: Starcomms Talkie And Reltel Isp Which Is Better. by kdships(m): 11:34am On Sep 08, 2007
Linux OS doesn't work with Starcomms. Reltel? I don't know about that yet.
Re: Starcomms Talkie And Reltel Isp Which Is Better. by bigrovar(m): 2:08pm On Sep 08, 2007
kdships:

Linux OS doesn't work with Starcomms. Reltel? I don't know about that yet.
it doess am running ubuntu and my default internet connection is reltel wireless evdo card, infact that is what am using to post this now, am sure the same thing too will work with starcomms, even dialups thru cdma phones and gsm gprs works, i u need help on configuration just buzz me, it very easy,
Re: Starcomms Talkie And Reltel Isp Which Is Better. by Maleeq(m): 3:16pm On Sep 08, 2007
bjpumpin:

reltel is faster because starccomms have many people who have pulled the speed away

That's not so true. I have EVDO cards from both providers. . .Starcomms is a clear winner! No contest.

True there are times when the speed slows down but even at those times, it still blazes compared to reltel's

Infact, I think I have to stop "hype-ing" Starcomms. . .dem no go pay me shi-shi grin
Re: Starcomms Talkie And Reltel Isp Which Is Better. by rasque(m): 5:52pm On Sep 08, 2007
Been using starcomms for over a year and been consistent. I have a friend that uses reltel and always tells me my connection is way better than his so starcomms all the way.
Re: Starcomms Talkie And Reltel Isp Which Is Better. by kdships(m): 10:25am On Sep 10, 2007
@Bigrovar, Well, it's not like I've tried it before. I had Linus before but I now use Windows. A friend only told me that he did and it didn't work and because he's quite good as well with computers, I felt that must be true. Can I have your number? I'll have to give him your number. Maybe he'll call you for help.
Re: Starcomms Talkie And Reltel Isp Which Is Better. by bigrovar(m): 11:24am On Sep 10, 2007
@Bigrovar, Well, it's not like I've tried it before. I had Linus before but I now use Windows.
hey man long time, how biz, well i have ditched windows vista for my ubuntu linux it wasnt easy being a new OS with new experience but so far so good i have gotten things sorted out now and am having a swell time wif ma self.
A friend only told me that he did and it didn't work and because he's quite good as well with computers,
Well linux has its own way of doing things , most pple that have problems with linux are pple that try to approach things froma windoze perspective , and it doesnt work that way, linux is completely diff from windows, not hard but diff and the sooner u take it that way the easier for u.it i dont find it hard at all connecting to the net thru linux, LAN,WIFI,DIALUP AND and it all worked, and even written a howto so that pple can easily do it themself, if u wnat to know more about ubuntu linux check this site www.ubuntunigeria. the site is ran by pple who try to help pple moving to ubuntu with OS support and the likes,

I felt that must be true. Can I have your number? I'll have to give him your number. Maybe he'll call you for help.

sure man anytime 08022982697
Re: Starcomms Talkie And Reltel Isp Which Is Better. by amena(f): 3:30pm On Sep 10, 2007
@bigrovar- hey man long time, how biz, well i have ditched windows vista for my ubuntu linux it wasnt easy being a new OS with new experience but so far so good i have gotten things sorted out now and am having a swell time with ma self.

bigrovar since when did u ditch ur vista? uve always been speaking passionately about vista, wat happened? smiley
Re: Starcomms Talkie And Reltel Isp Which Is Better. by bigrovar(m): 4:39pm On Sep 10, 2007
bigrovar since when did u ditch your vista? uve always been speaking passionately about vista, what happened? Smiley
hey dont get me wrong vista is a wonderful piece of OS , when it comes to windows, i prefer vista any day, i never had a problem with it, and it worked like charm, BUT my movement to linux says nothing about the failure of vista rather its about the overwhelming beauty,stability.security and power of Linux, compare all that , the glory of vista is NATING,
Re: Starcomms Talkie And Reltel Isp Which Is Better. by Saddam: 9:50am On Sep 12, 2007
I got an excellent Broad Band Connection I just installed 2 weeks ago in replacement for my Starcomms,

(1) (Reply)

7 Best Football News Websites / How To Download Whatsapp Application On Pc / What Is USB Type-c? Everything Explained Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.