Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

Which Game(s) Would U Like To See As A Movie? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Which Game(s) Would U Like To See As A Movie? (1878 Views)

Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? / Suggest A Movie Title That Covers Nigeria's Current Predicament / Would Like To Know Your Best Season Movies. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Game(s) Would U Like To See As A Movie? by cao(f): 12:21pm On Sep 07, 2007
With Hollywood running out of original ideas, they have moved to the comic, novels & games route. With Hitman (film) coming out in November, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time slated 4 a 2009 release, a God of War film in the works, d Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run film pushed back (again) to 2009, and d Halo film that has been delayed till God knows when. What game would u like to 2b made into a movie? Bearing in mind d successes (Resident Evil series) and d failures (anything that Uwe Boll touches).

P.S:for those wondering wats currently in d works (minus those i mentioned above)
BloodRayne II: Deliverance - 18/9/2007
Castlevania - 2008
Far Cry - 2008
Postal - 28/9/2007
Resident Evil: Extinction - 21/9/2007
The Sims
Silent Hill 2
Soul Calibur: The Movie
Splinter Cell
Re: Which Game(s) Would U Like To See As A Movie? by bjpumpin(f): 10:52am On Sep 08, 2007
killer instinct
Re: Which Game(s) Would U Like To See As A Movie? by eldee(m): 5:58pm On Sep 08, 2007
hitman
Re: Which Game(s) Would U Like To See As A Movie? by iice(f): 6:56pm On Sep 08, 2007
Hitman is coming out this year with Olyphant kiss kiss (I still think Statham would have fitted that role superbly

Bloodrayne sucked major time. . .i don't want to see anything like that ever again

God of war!
Prince of Persia starting from sands of time to two thrones
Devil May Cry

I don't have that much hope for games turned into movies. . .so far silent hill is prolly the best i've seen so far
All the rest suck!!!
Re: Which Game(s) Would U Like To See As A Movie? by ritchboi: 10:30pm On Sep 08, 2007
Hmm,ninja gaiden

1 Like

Re: Which Game(s) Would U Like To See As A Movie? by hexgear(m): 1:18am On Sep 09, 2007
Metal Gear Solid, hands down.

I always admired the games even though I haven't played them in great detail. The series is pretty much one big interactive movie and the cut-scenes are already made to mimic Hollywood cinema. I hear Hideo Kojima; the designer of all the games is slated to direct (or at least produce) the feature film and there's a lot of speculation on which actor will fill the shoes of the main protagonist; Snake (actors like Hugh Jackman, Eric Bana, Viggo Mortensen, and even the original Kurt Russell).

Well, in my opinion, so far Uwe Boll stays as far away as possible and Hideo is at the helm, it could turn out to be something spectacular.

$0.02
Re: Which Game(s) Would U Like To See As A Movie? by moondust(m): 9:19am On Sep 11, 2007
hexgear:

Metal Gear Solid, hands down.

I always admired the games even though I haven't played them in great detail. The series is pretty much one big interactive movie and the cut-scenes are already made to mimic Hollywood cinema. I hear Hideo Kojima; the designer of all the games is slated to direct (or at least produce) the feature film and there's a lot of speculation on which actor will fill the shoes of the main protagonist; Snake (actors like Hugh Jackman, Eric Bana, Viggo Mortensen, and even the original Kurt Russell).

Well, in my opinion, so far Uwe Boll stays as far away as possible and Hideo is at the helm, it could turn out to be something spectacular.

$0.02
I feel u on that bro. Hideo is goin to make one hell of a movie director. I nominate hugh jackman for the lead role.

@topic
Quake
Re: Which Game(s) Would U Like To See As A Movie? by cao(f): 5:06pm On May 20, 2008
For those who didn't know, Max Payne (film) is bein' released in October.

**coughs**bump**coughs**
Re: Which Game(s) Would U Like To See As A Movie? by Raymond88(m): 9:16pm On May 20, 2008
Wow, that's good news. I hope it has all the gore from the game plus the bullet time effects. . . i remember when i use to spend hours on that game, oh sweet memories. cool
Re: Which Game(s) Would U Like To See As A Movie? by McDreamy: 9:27pm On May 27, 2008
winning eleven! grin

1 Like

Re: Which Game(s) Would U Like To See As A Movie? by SeanT21(f): 9:29pm On May 27, 2008
Halo and Grand Theft Auto
Re: Which Game(s) Would U Like To See As A Movie? by bgees(m): 12:06am On May 28, 2008
Splinter cell. Gerald butler as Sam Fisher.
Re: Which Game(s) Would U Like To See As A Movie? by dinozzo(m): 12:11am On May 28, 2008
Max payne is coming out later this year or next year not sure starring Mark Wahlberg, would like to see that
Re: Which Game(s) Would U Like To See As A Movie? by justbones(m): 8:53pm On May 28, 2008
would love to see a god of war movie with that guy from Bleep Van Diesel or something
Re: Which Game(s) Would U Like To See As A Movie? by uzoexcel(m): 9:37pm On Aug 05, 2014
Re: Which Game(s) Would U Like To See As A Movie? by moneyallowed(m): 8:52am On Aug 06, 2014
Can't wait for The Splinter Cell & Assassin's Creed movies

1 Like

Re: Which Game(s) Would U Like To See As A Movie? by Fweshdude(m): 8:02pm On Aug 12, 2014
I just hope they don't f*ck up with the G.0.W movie..

Suffering-ties that bind.

Gauntlet-seven sorrows.

Splinter cell.

G.T.A.

Resident evil.. This time with 'Leon Kennedy' not 'Alice'. Though the animated series was cool.

And the dude that said statham should be featured in 'Hitman' i share your view like craze.

Even though it already has a movie,they should make another this time with jason!
Re: Which Game(s) Would U Like To See As A Movie? by cao(f): 1:33am On Dec 16, 2014
Let's see, bringing back an old thread, funny how most of the films I listed are still in development hell. Still waiting for that God of War film. The Far Cry series would make a good film series. Would also love the Uncharted series brought to life, Nathan Drake needs to be on the big screen. They could make Gears of War the Apocalypse Now of this generation.

1 Like

Re: Which Game(s) Would U Like To See As A Movie? by Luluvich(m): 4:56pm On Jul 07, 2015
I would love to see assassin's creed as a movie or better yet as an anthology series produced by Netflix. Anyone agree?
Re: Which Game(s) Would U Like To See As A Movie? by tpiander: 5:10pm On Jul 07, 2015
wbb
Re: Which Game(s) Would U Like To See As A Movie? by SIRcumalot: 6:29pm On Jul 07, 2015
God of war
Re: Which Game(s) Would U Like To See As A Movie? by Dragonking: 7:57pm On Jul 07, 2015
cao:
With Hollywood running out of original ideas, they have moved to the comic, novels & games route. With Hitman (film) coming out in November, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time slated 4 a 2009 release, a God of War film in the works, d Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run film pushed back (again) to 2009, and d Halo film that has been delayed till God knows when. What game would u like to 2b made into a movie? Bearing in mind d successes (Resident Evil series) and d failures (anything that Uwe Boll touches).

P.S:for those wondering wats currently in d works (minus those i mentioned above)
BloodRayne II: Deliverance - 18/9/2007
Castlevania - 2008
Far Cry - 2008
Postal - 28/9/2007
Resident Evil: Extinction - 21/9/2007
The Sims
Silent Hill 2
Soul Calibur: The Movie
Splinter Cell

God of war and metal gear. Those two games are the best
Re: Which Game(s) Would U Like To See As A Movie? by moneyallowed(m): 10:59pm On Jul 07, 2015
Honestly all i want to see is a Witcher movie. I think it has great potential to start a huge franchise.
Of the upcoming movies you forgot Warcraft, due June 2016 i think. The trailer is coming out next week at Comic-Con

1 Like

Re: Which Game(s) Would U Like To See As A Movie? by moneyallowed(m): 11:03pm On Jul 07, 2015
Luluvich:
I would love to see assassin's creed as a movie or better yet as an anthology series produced by Netflix. Anyone agree?
I agree...and you got your wish! It's coming out next year
Re: Which Game(s) Would U Like To See As A Movie? by cao(f): 11:03pm On Jul 07, 2015
It's funny seeing my original post, Spy Hunter never went past pre-production, the Halo & GoW films are still non-existent. The Sims, Splinter Cell & Soul Calibur are also AWOL. I'm not exactly sure what happened to the Castlevania film 'cause the internet is confusing me, but I'm assuming the film still doesn't exist.

Apparently, the Metal Gear Solid film was also in development hell, but in 2012 it was put back in production with Avi Arad (ex CCO of Marvel Entertainment & founder of Marvel Studios) as producer. In March 2015, Jay Basu was announced as the writer. Let's see if this actually happens.

1 Like

Re: Which Game(s) Would U Like To See As A Movie? by Papishi(m): 11:08am On Jul 08, 2015
God of WARRRRRRRRRR!!!
Re: Which Game(s) Would U Like To See As A Movie? by joywendy(f): 6:21pm On Jul 08, 2015
Super mario grin grin

Just kidding anyways,

Anyone seen the uncharted series?
Assasins creed
Gta

Mmm...did I just see the sims in your list? Won't that game be somehow has a movie?

Edit: na wa oh this thread is old oh! Chai how many years gone
Re: Which Game(s) Would U Like To See As A Movie? by Dominion2(f): 3:15am On Jul 09, 2015
auto grand theft
Re: Which Game(s) Would U Like To See As A Movie? by Luluvich(m): 10:40pm On Jul 17, 2015
joywendy:
Super mario grin grin

Just kidding anyways,

Anyone seen the uncharted series?
Assasins creed
Gta

Mmm...did I just see the sims in your list? Won't that game be somehow has a movie?

Edit: na wa oh this thread is old oh! Chai how many years gone
strangely enough, there is an old super Mario movie. Dated 1992 or so.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Want Anime! / Remember DBN And Minaj Obosi?? / Which Is Best Website To Download Hollywood Movies ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.