Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,860 members, 7,802,756 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

Travel/ Volunteer Events - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travel/ Volunteer Events (6063 Views)

Six Nigerian Women Volunteer to Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro for IDPs in Nigeria / Travel Abroad As A Volunteer / Nurses And Volunteer Works Abroad Urgently Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Travel/ Volunteer Events by ksa2much(m): 9:46pm On Oct 04, 2007
hi dis is my email ksa2much@yahoo.com thanks i dey wait 4 ur reply bye
Re: Travel/ Volunteer Events by jboy0805: 4:38pm On Oct 05, 2007
hey i'm interested my email add. is doublejuliet2000@yahoo.com
Re: Travel/ Volunteer Events by vikiviko(m): 2:24pm On Oct 08, 2007
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, 20002, United States
Organization: Horton's Kids, Inc.

Start date: October 3, 2007
Sex: All are welcome
Language(s): English
Last updated: October 3, 2007
End date: October 2, 2009
Area of Focus: Children and Youth, Economic Development, Family and Parenting, Poverty and Hunger, Race and Ethnicity, Urban Affairs

Description:
The children of Horton's Kids face hardships every day. Sadly, these hardships include neglect of basic needs, poor self-esteem, and horrible violence in their neighborhood and schools. To help them overcome these obstacles and realize their potential, Horton’s Kids needs volunteers to serve as mentors to children.

Horton’s Kids’ volunteers and staff serve as a second family to children living in Anacostia. These children are in need of mentors to hang out with them in a fun, social environment. Hours are flexible and the benefits to the children are priceless.

Volunteers have the flexibility to spend time with their mentee either on their own or on fun, social field trips with other mentors and their mentees; field trips include attending sporting events, going to museums, playing at the park, and more.

Mentors strive to help their mentees form a trusting relationship, build life skills, improve school attendance, build socialization skills, and improve confidence.

Horton’s Kids provides workshops to help mentors develop the skills and knowledge they need to work with the children. There are dozens of boys and girls ages 10-18 waiting for a mentor. Issues these children may face include:
• Neglect of basic needs at home
• Poor self-esteem
• Violence in their neighborhood and school

For more information, visit http://www.hortonskids.org/volunteering.html and attend an orientation session soon!

How to Apply:
Please contact Brenda Kvernen at brenda@hortonskids.org or 202-262-2590 for additional information.
Re: Travel/ Volunteer Events by Joicz(f): 2:51pm On Oct 08, 2007
Im Intrested, kindly send details to Allure; email is alluringjoi@hotmail.com
Re: Travel/ Volunteer Events by olabosun(m): 2:56pm On Oct 08, 2007
ol
Re: Travel/ Volunteer Events by vikiviko(m): 12:46pm On Oct 09, 2007
The Opportunities posted here are meant for individuals to check and contact the agencies directly.Only if you follow up would you benefit from it.
I have benefited in travelling to volunteer in Ghana, Cape Verde, Swedeen and South Africa.
Why i asked for individual emails was to make it distint but a Nairalander advised i make it public, hence i started posting for the generality of the land

Check this,

EdUKaid is a fast developing UK based educational charity currently seeking enthusiastic, motivated individuals to work as volunteer teachers in the Mtwara region of southern Tanzania. They are recruiting mathematics teachers (BSc not required ) to teach in English at secondary level. Placements are for six months with the option to extend.

You will be working as part of a team of other volunteers and will also work closely with the Tanzanian teachers within the provided school syllabi.

EdUKaid will provide you with food and accommodation in our newly furnished property next to the Indian Ocean, as well as covering any expenses directly incurred during your work with the organisation.

How to Apply:
All applications should include a full and current CV, with a brief covering letter stipulating your suitability for the role.

Applications should be sent to either:

recruitment@edukaid.com, or

EdUKaid
1 Scotts Close,
Downton,
Salisbury,
Wiltshire, SP5 3RA
United Kingdom

(044)1725 514612
Re: Travel/ Volunteer Events by vikiviko(m): 5:51pm On Nov 21, 2007
The El-Sana Theater and Film Association in Nazareth is seeking a volunteer to write fundraising proposals, and planning an International film festival which will be held in Nazareth city. contact with filmmakers and producers and distributors. Experience in film and theater is
highly desireable, as is experience in fundraising and prior work in an office. Very good English is a pre-requisite, as fundraising proposals will be written in English. Knowledge of Arabic is prefereable but not required.

El-Sana produces and directs plays and movies, and organizes cultural events. They have produced two
puppet shows for children, a short film which won an award in Spain, and documentary shorts. In the future they want to continue producing and directing fiction and documentary films, create an international film festival in Nazareth,and organize youth music concerts.
ElSana also operating the Nazareth Cinematheque and a culture center in the city.
Volunteers will recieve free accommodation and a pocket money per month. A six month minimum stay is required; one year is preferable.

For more information, please contact:

El-Sana
Mr. Salti Ehab
Email: elsana@elsana.org
Phone: 972-4-646-7138
Fax: 972-4-657-9777

How to Apply:
El-Sana
Mr. Salti Ehab
El-Wroud st. 7011/18 P.O.Box 2372
Nazareth 16100
Email: elsana@elsana.org
www.elsana.org
Phone: 972-4-646-7138
Fax: 972-4-657-9777
Re: Travel/ Volunteer Events by vikiviko(m): 6:00pm On Nov 21, 2007
LCO-France is a Not For Profit Organisation registered in France in 2004 and aimed at all those interested in migration to FREE software and OpenSource technology. It also acts as a guiding light to those who are disillusioned with city life and are seeking a deeper meaning to life in a more relaxed and natural lifestyle.

Although basically IT people, the two men who conceived the "residential workshop" idea have been instrumental in renovating and redecorating the premises, creating an organic vegetable garden and an ambiance that ensures that all visitors are made comfortable and enjoy their time whilst at the centre and in the healthy lifestyle of the local area.

We seek someone IT literate, for three months or longer who can understand the need to help promote awareness of the necessity of developing a web-based learning system to help speed an understanding of alternatives to the current dominant monopolistic corporate system model.

LCO France will provide all meals and accommodation during the volunteer's stay. Transfers from local towns such as Clermont-Ferrand, St Etienne, le Puy en Velay or Issoire, to and from the Centre will also be provided.

Volunteer to be responsible for their own travel arrangements to and from Auvergne, France and should ensure they have adequate personal health and travel insurance cover.

How to Apply:
Please visit website at http://www.linuxcoaching.org and apply via volunteering options or send the following information by email.

A CV, brief details of your own personal aims and interests,
Re: Travel/ Volunteer Events by vikiviko(m): 3:42pm On Jan 08, 2008
The African Youth Foundation (AYF) together with the Ministry of Generation, Women, Family and Integration (MGFFI), as well as the JANERO Consultancy in Germany, will be holding an ECOWAS-German business roadshow on “Trade and Investments” from 3 - 7 June 2008, in Germany.

The Business-2-Business roadshow event will start from Berlin and end in Bonn.

The aim of the African Business and Entrepreneurship Network is to serve to connect the African Diaspora business community with other Professionals, investors, businesses, Entrepreneurs and students, to secure exposure and gain insight in business and investment opportunities in Europe and Africa.

The focus will be on:
 Renewable Energies,
 Water and Agriculture,
 Banking, Investments,
 Health and Education,
 Information Technologie,
 Entrepreneurship (Youth und Women) and Mineral Resources form Africa.

Companies, Organisations, Institutions and individuals interested in showcasing their products or successful business stories could contact the secretariat for further information at: coordination@ayf.de

Registration forms are available at: http://www.aben.ayf.de/index-Dateien/Events.htm

Further information check websites at:

www.aben.ayf.de
www.ayf.de
www.janero.eu
Re: Travel/ Volunteer Events by xgbovo: 9:13am On Jan 10, 2008
xgbovo@yahoo.com
Re: Travel/ Volunteer Events by vikiviko(m): 12:02pm On Jan 11, 2008
Xgbovo

You can contact the links directly.
If you have any issues as regards travelling documents

reach me on vikiviko2002@yahoo.com
Re: Travel/ Volunteer Events by D328babe: 5:30pm On Jan 13, 2008
Amazing!!!

shakes head, and leaves,
Re: Travel/ Volunteer Events by humez: 8:07pm On Jan 13, 2008
my candid advise for all of you that are sending your email addresses, stay off that guy. he always promise what he cannot redeemed, ask him how many people he have help to travel abroad? even him want to travel abroad by all means, talkless of helping another. everything about him is fake, my brother lost 50k last year when he promise to assist him through his NGO for elderly to canada on a seminar. i will dig out that post for all of you that have been sending your e-mail. victor will end up making you lose money. i bet you for sure, he is a fake
Re: Travel/ Volunteer Events by humez: 8:22pm On Jan 13, 2008
checkout this link to the last offer that people paid and nothing came out of it. this guy is just a fake, just browse through his profile, you will see what iam talking about. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=50470.msg1073887#msg1073887

just my little advise, the choice is yours to make.
Re: Travel/ Volunteer Events by vikiviko(m): 2:42pm On Jan 14, 2008
Humez,

I can understand the disappointment of your brother who believed i could secure him a canadian visa courtesy of an international conference called ficcdat, check site www.ficcdat.ca.

2 persons registered for the conference from nairaland.
In total 7 persons including myself applied for the event, we were all refused on various grounds. I pleaded with your brother to show understanding that the refusal was from the embassy and not my fault
I also told him that i will write a letter of protest because the reasons given were unfounded, he said no and he asked for 20k refund, i did return 20k to him.

The canadian embassy replied my letter by apologising and asked us to come back in future.
I paid 300 dollars for each participant for the event , and 150 dollars for hotel. He has copies of the iv and hotel showing full payment.

The organisers didn't refund the monies paid, they promised to contact me in future for other event.
By November there was a similar event in vancouver, they asked i forward the names of the 7 persons that applied.Only 2 persons were available, exluding me because my passport was at the Russian embassy. So i mssed out myself. 1 person was eventually given.

Between me and you, i didn't dupe your brother, God be the Judge.
I challenge you to make a thread and ask members of the forum who have met me, emailed or called me ABOUT WHAT I always tell them, i procure documents and do not procure visas.

I can only ask for forgiveness from your brother.

With all modesty i needed that canadian visa then, but to God be the glory i don't have visa problem for the rest of my life.

Humez, pls pls forgive me 2.
Re: Travel/ Volunteer Events by vikiviko(m): 3:34pm On Jan 14, 2008
Free Event to Attend In January

24 January, 12.30 - 13.30
This is a lunchseminar. Please bring your own lunch.
Melle Leenstra, Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Beyond the Facade. A study of the Zambian health bureaucracy in its socio-political environment

31 January, 15.00 - 17.00
Caroline Elkins, Harvard University
British colonial violence in the twentieth century: Confronting the horrors, understanding the legacies
Ms Elkins will also talk about the recent events in Kenya.

Venue: Afrika-Studiecentrum, Wassenaarseweg 52, Leiden, a 5-minute walk from Leiden CS
Cost: Free of charge
Information and registration: http://www.ascleiden.nl/Events/Seminars.aspx

You are all welcome!
Re: Travel/ Volunteer Events by suncity01(m): 10:25am On Jan 15, 2008
my email is bigniyi007@yahoo.com please am highly interested.Thankz
Re: Travel/ Volunteer Events by vikiviko(m): 10:30am On Jan 15, 2008
When i make posts on events, the idea is to check yourself and possibly register with or without me.
Re: Travel/ Volunteer Events by didara86(f): 2:06pm On Jan 16, 2008
Am also interested, would be glad to get some information

labellefemme1986@yahoo.de
Re: Travel/ Volunteer Events by canalarge: 2:04pm On Jan 22, 2008
this is my email address here, please do email it to me

paulasia50@yahoo.com
thank you very much, God bless u
Re: Travel/ Volunteer Events by vikiviko(m): 12:40pm On Jan 24, 2008
Check this out

The African Youth Foundation (AYF) together with and the Ministry of Generation, Women, Family and Integration (MGFFI), as well as the JANERO Consultancy in Germany, will be holding an ECOWAS-German business roadshow on Trade and Investments from 3 - 7 June 2008, in Germany.

The Business-2-Business roadshow event will start from Berlin and end in Bonn.

The aim of the African Business and Entrepreneurship Network is to serve to connect the African Diaspora business community with other Professionals, investors, businesses, Entrepreneurs and students, to secure exposure and gain insight in business and investment opportunities in Europe and Africa.

The focus will be on:

Ø Renewable Energies,

Ø Water and Agriculture,

Ø Banking, Investments,

Ø Health and Education,

Ø Information Technologie,

Ø Entrepreneurship (Youth und Women) and Mineral Resources form Africa.

Companies, Organisations, Institutions and individuals interested in showcasing their products or successful business stories could contact the secretariat for further information at: coordination@ayf.de

Registration forms are available at: http://www.aben.ayf.de/index-Dateien/Events.htm

Further information will be available on websites at:

www.aben.ayf.de

www.ayf.de

www.janero.eu
Re: Travel/ Volunteer Events by folahann(m): 6:11pm On Jan 24, 2008
Since people have been giving their email add, how far have things gone right.
I think this is just one of those. . . . . . . . . lipsrsealed
Re: Travel/ Volunteer Events by vikiviko(m): 6:46pm On Jan 24, 2008
I am not calling for people to post there emails
When i post events it is expected you check yourself.
Do not send your emails to this thread again
Only check and contactr the event details if it suits you
Re: Travel/ Volunteer Events by folahann(m): 11:59pm On Jan 24, 2008
My fellow Nigerians, beware of Human Trafficking
Re: Travel/ Volunteer Events by folahann(m): 3:57pm On Jan 26, 2008
Good people are realising themselves
Re: Travel/ Volunteer Events by vikiviko(m): 10:12am On Feb 05, 2008
The 4th World Youth Congress will bring 600 of the world's most dynamic young activists in the field of sustainable development to Québec from 120 different countries.

The congress offers a unique opportunity to meet and work alongside young people who are really doing things and going places. This event sets a new standard for international youth events, and will be the largest and most inspirational gathering of its kind for young people taking place anywhere in the world in 2008.

There is a strong role at the Congress for young journalists, cultural performers (e.g. dancers / actors / film makers / musicians), as well as for those with an interest in sustainable development, but less personal experience in this area.

Delegates will join forces with young Canadians to undertake hands-on community action projects across Québec, and will help shape international policy by documenting and showing governments what young people are doing to achieve the MDGs.

The congress will be take place from the 10th to the 21 of August 2008

Check this site for further details
http://www.wyc2008.qc.ca
Re: Travel/ Volunteer Events by prince84(m): 7:41pm On Feb 05, 2008
@ poster check you link registration ended since december 31 2007,

Please if you have to say something on the land let it be true and good stop all this fake trash ur embarrassing nigerians, its not healthy, not only nigerians come on this thread so please try n be more real n help paint nigeria in a good light
Re: Travel/ Volunteer Events by vikiviko(m): 10:37am On Feb 06, 2008
Registration is still on.
Contact the organisers.
Re: Travel/ Volunteer Events by vikiviko(m): 10:53am On Feb 06, 2008
YMCA Europe Festival 2008

3-9 August 2008, Prague, Czech Republic

You're invited!
To celebrate a world wide Christian fellowship, the growth and strength of YMCA, national and cultural diversities!

To participate in creating a week long Festival village demonstrating new ideas for living together!

To experience the challenges that matter to young people all over the world!

To have the chance to share experiences and to see the connections with the experience of others!

To experience a new YMCA idea: Global Youth Work!

To strengthen your national and local movements through new sources of motivation, new projects and new resources!

To experience friendship, fun and happiness!

To enjoy the beautiful city of Prague!

To be part of the YMCA Europe Festival for the second time,or to have this unique experience for the first time!

Registration
Registration is now open on www.reg2008.com
Re: Travel/ Volunteer Events by lainex(m): 5:45pm On Feb 18, 2008
this is my email address lainex2000@yahoo.com am interested
Re: Travel/ Volunteer Events by geni(f): 2:15pm On Feb 19, 2008
hi
my e-mail add is eugeniaeluchie@yahoo.com[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Travel/ Volunteer Events by Bblak(f): 4:58pm On Feb 19, 2008
Mine is biola288@yahoo.com. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Would you want to leave Nigeria and why? / Can A Nigerian Enter Nigeria With Expired Passport / Information For An American Coming To Nigeria To Get Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.