|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,712,868 members, 6,408,471 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 July 2021 at 07:57 AM
|Why The Lack Of Religious Harmony In Nigeria ? by Araboy(m): 3:33am On Oct 05, 2011|
The Prophet SAW said in His Hadith that all mankind are members of the family of God and the most beloved in the
presence of Allah is the one who is most beneficial to His creation He said "creation" not only Muslims
The Prophet SAW is for all mankind not only for Muslims it should not be problem between Muslims and Christians
because in the time of The Prophet He received Christians inside the Mosque in Medina and when they wanted
to say their Christian prayers He allowed them to do so and inside His Mosque
In Nigeria boko haram today if a Christian enters a Mosque in Kano or Zamfara to pray that a declaration of war and
many lives could be lost in the Process but in Islam that a lack of knowledge and lack of information
|Re: Why The Lack Of Religious Harmony In Nigeria ? by maclatunji: 12:42pm On Oct 05, 2011|
Religion in Nigeria is a means to a political end. It is a case of progressive degeneration over time. Our leaders care more about money and the things they can buy with it than the progress of the country. On the flip-side, the poor hold-on to misinformation on their religion and think that they can make-up for the deficiencies in their lives by imposing their religion on others. We are sitting on a barrel of gunpowder and the temperature keeps increasing. I have no doubt that Nigeria will get better but I am afraid that the process that will lead us to the promised land is going to be very harsh and ugly.
|Re: Why The Lack Of Religious Harmony In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 05, 2011|
it more ethno-tribal than religious.it just so happens that most people from a particular tribe (say hausa to islam and igbos to christianity) happen to be adherents of a particular faith
|Re: Why The Lack Of Religious Harmony In Nigeria ? by DisGuy: 7:42pm On Oct 05, 2011|
well because its a business in the real sense of it
Poverty and illiteracy
states that are doing well economically tends to have less religious friction,
|Re: Why The Lack Of Religious Harmony In Nigeria ? by engrj(m): 7:50pm On Oct 05, 2011|
Comment Loading 99% complete,
|Re: Why The Lack Of Religious Harmony In Nigeria ? by Sunofgod(m): 7:53pm On Oct 05, 2011|
Go and ask the Boko Haramist.
There exists a 'false religion' in Nigeria that does not know the meaning if the word harmony.
To them its all about jihad and the murder of so called infidels.
|Re: Why The Lack Of Religious Harmony In Nigeria ? by http(m): 8:09pm On Oct 05, 2011|
The following are the reasons:
Poverty: More than 70% of Nigerian are poor, and i mean poor, a poor man hold on to religion as his last hope and u better don't mess with that, cos he has nothing to loose but his life at no cost.
Illiteracy or Mis-information: Alot of Nigeria are literarily illitrate interms of religios comprehension cos we mostly follow our pastors and imam blindly and we lack common sense alot, if not, why should anyone tell u to kill in the name of religion and u start killing without asking why.
Laziness: Alot of us are lazy to truely seach for divine guardians from God, we all rush to Pastord and Imam to pray for us without us praying directly to God ourselves, we don't read, we are lazy praying and are so bigoted to the core anytime.
Ethnic and Religious Intolerant: we all know that we hate ourselves, let truth be told, we don't love ourselves in this country, and until we love our neighbour as ourself, we will always see others as enemy.
This got nothing with where i come from, Mostly, those from the North are Muslim while Mostly South-eastern and south-south are Christain; this regions are hateful the Muslims in the North likewise the Northerners are not in anyway friend to the southerners, each believe their religion is the right one. You hardly found religious wahala in the Southwest cos there is hardly any family without the two religion. I came from a union of both religion, so may be i will have to kill my father for God to love me or my brother has to kill my mum for Gog to love him, or i have to kill my wife for God to know am doing his wish.
we better unite or go our separate way in peace or pieces
|Re: Why The Lack Of Religious Harmony In Nigeria ? by Freiburger(m): 8:17pm On Oct 05, 2011|
Not only in Nigeria, the division is all over the world.
|Re: Why The Lack Of Religious Harmony In Nigeria ? by babaowo: 8:30pm On Oct 05, 2011|
@http, your coments make sense.
|Re: Why The Lack Of Religious Harmony In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 05, 2011|
|Re: Why The Lack Of Religious Harmony In Nigeria ? by polokor60(m): 8:46pm On Oct 05, 2011|
http:well said(typed,written),the key to unity is tolerance.
|Re: Why The Lack Of Religious Harmony In Nigeria ? by hbrednic: 9:07pm On Oct 05, 2011|
http:rooster and bull,how many times have you heard of religious killings in the south east
|Re: Why The Lack Of Religious Harmony In Nigeria ? by labidox: 9:23pm On Oct 05, 2011|
Any one that feels this crisis is just about nigeria is ignorant,it is a global war between islamic 'civilisation ' and western civilisation,progressiveness and backwardness etc. Take a cursory view around the world and check out the crisis spots and the cause of it. Boko haram,alshabab,alqaeda,taliban and the rest of the islamists group. THEY SAY THEY WANT US TO SERVE THEIR GOD BY FORCE or else death. Abdumutallab said in court recently that ' they will defend Mohamed' . I guess by killing everybody in the world. As much as i wouldnt want to talk down on any religion,i am convinced that it is only a bad product that is forced on people.A good product markets itself. SWORD CANNOT MARKET GOD. love,care is the only tool that ought to be used to propagated the works of kind God. A people that sees osama bin laden has a prophet or shiek needs help. ,
|Re: Why The Lack Of Religious Harmony In Nigeria ? by deadie(m): 11:06pm On Oct 05, 2011|
Ignorance, poverty and illiteracy of Northern Nigeria. Yoruba's have muslims, but their muslims do not get their erektion by killing non-muslims. By the way, all religions are crap and there is no space daddy called God or Allah. All are inventions of the cave-dwelling, hashish-smoking men.
|Re: Why The Lack Of Religious Harmony In Nigeria ? by Jiah011(f): 11:07pm On Oct 05, 2011|
The same reason there is lack of general harmony.
|Re: Why The Lack Of Religious Harmony In Nigeria ? by superior2(m): 12:21am On Oct 06, 2011|
My fellow members here
Imagine have u ever see
where a christian
reading a Qur'an I know
most of u will say NO but
I know many muslim
who r always
researching on bible
comparing it with qur'an
and telling some
christian mode of
IMAGINE once again have
ever seeing or heard any
muslim that said
anything bad about
jesus or bible I know the
anwser is definately NO
even if u didnt make it
manifest in public but u
definately know it in
your mind, but morethan
enough times I am
seeing it here when
there is a post about
religioun u guys r
embrassing qur'an and
mohammed but I totally guess its not
your fault, do u know y?
cause your ancestors
will never tell u
anything good about
qur'an and likewise
some of u will never
know and blindly
following them, my
advice to people of this
character is atleast be
wise and used ur conscience to think logically dont embrace
qur'an and muhammad
cause information contains in qur'an r concise and accurately correct compare to the modern day science discoveries, muslims r not against
ISA (jesus) cause his
name is mention in the
times and we believe he
is one the messengers
send down by God much
morethan this about
jesus is in the qur'an if u
can understand we r on
with u is just a little bid
even if u r a xtian just
take your time get an
english quran read it a lil
something about the book, and DONT
JUDGE ISLAM ACCORDING
TO MUSLIM JUDGE IT
ACCORDING TO THE BOOK
THAT IS QUR'AN and let
me tell u I read bible
morethan enough and I
didnt come across
something very wrong
in it and see qur'an as
completion of a bible. so
guys religioun is a
guidance may God give
us freedom to practice it
cause we people are
blindly following our
|Re: Why The Lack Of Religious Harmony In Nigeria ? by teemlo: 1:00am On Oct 06, 2011|
Steve job, founder of Apple Inc is dead. He died about 20 minutes ago; culled from ABC Network, New York.
|Re: Why The Lack Of Religious Harmony In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 06, 2011|
Have you seen religious harmony ANYWHERE? the Brits bleeped us, now they see how hard mutliculturalism is. I'm glad to see the Arabification and Isamification of Europe and North America. Lets see how it plays out. Yoruba muslims are also different from Hausa muslims, A lot of muslims want to use the govt to IMPOSE thier religion on others. Christians want to FORCE you by fear. the whole thing tire me.
|Re: Why The Lack Of Religious Harmony In Nigeria ? by BOMANY: 11:02pm On Oct 06, 2011|
Absolutly correct, you never see Muslim Yoruba or Hausa fights with Christian Yoruba or Hausa. Besides, some parties enrooted the tribunal matter in the relegious issues to make sure that the flame of th fire will be on for ever
|Re: Why The Lack Of Religious Harmony In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 07, 2011|
There are more islamic fundamentalist than those from other religions.
Here on Nl, [b]Alhaji Sweetnecta [/b]is a chief fundamentalist with a great hate for others' belief
|Re: Why The Lack Of Religious Harmony In Nigeria ? by deols(f): 8:50am On Oct 07, 2011|
and there are freaks like toba always here and there promoting hate.
|Re: Why The Lack Of Religious Harmony In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 07, 2011|
U are a big liar. Theres no xtian on the entire NL forum that mix up with muslims like i do. Stop lying young lady
|Re: Why The Lack Of Religious Harmony In Nigeria ? by deols(f): 10:30am On Oct 07, 2011|
do u av to write it on ur forehead b4 i see dat. U dont even av to say it. wat u do wen u call Muslims terrorist all of d time is called wat embarrassed u cldnt sense dat.
|Re: Why The Lack Of Religious Harmony In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 07, 2011|
biased response. What about what the likes of abuzola, vedax[b]
|Re: Why The Lack Of Religious Harmony In Nigeria ? by Lantean(m): 6:18pm On Oct 08, 2011|
[b]Considering the emotions flying high in Nairaland, I’ll say Muslims and Christians are so alike in everything – violence, ignorance, arrogance, hatred of each other, little knowledge of their Holy Books and their religious heads, especially, their religious head’s DOCTRINES.
Christians’ Accusation: Muslims are always out to bomb, maim, butcher… them because they believe in being rewarded with virgins.
Muslims’ Defence: The Holy Qur’an did say there would be reward for those who fight in defence of Islam. True.
Muslims’ Accusation: Christians plundered and killed in Europe too in The Middle Ages in the name of the Jesus for Catholic churches so they’ll be rewarded in heaven for giving their life for Jesus.
Christians’ Defence: It was the Catholic Church’s doing not the entire Christian world. And not all Christians are Catholics. True.
• Extremists claiming allegiance with either religions did and do commit grievous acts.
• Muslims and Christians forget they are also accusing relatives, wonderful friends, nice neighbours… who are Muslims or Christians.
• Both Holy Books are true on the reward issue.
• Muslims and Christians shouldn’t be fooled that the extremists (Al-Qaeda, Boko Haram and Crusaders) are/were supporting God’s cause.
• A True, pious, faithful or devout Muslim or Christian would know ( without being sentimental) that were Jesus Christ and Prophet Muhammad alive, they would live in the same house, eat from the same plate/dish, talk, be fond of each other and would stand in defence of each other.
• I know this because they both preached TOLERANCE & LOVE.
Muslims’ Accusation: Christians don’t know anything about God that’s why they call God Jesus and vice versa.
Christians’ Defence: Muslims don’t understand the relationship between God and Jesus.
Christians’ Accusation: Muslims worship Prophet Muhammad and he was a blood-thirsty man.
Muslims’ Defence: Muslims worship Allah or God (in English) and Prophet Muhammad was following the instruction of God to defend himself and his brethren.
• Muslims and Christians spend too much time telling the other what they think the other doesn’t know about his/her religion.
• While they spend little or no time in learning more about their own religion.
• Most don’t know Jesus Christ and Prophet Muhammad craved knowledge about their Creator: As a boy Jesus Christ enlightened elders in the Temple in Jerusalem while Prophet Muhammad taught spiritual enlightenment by questioning pagans’ sensibility over idol worship.
• Muslims and Christians indulgence in “low Blows” shows how little one understands of the other’s religion. Children… Slaves… why should either care what the other calls themselves? Isn’t the “end road” PARADISE?
• Both Christians and Muslims have forgotten that:
Jesus Christ chided people for condemning Mary Magdalene for her sins. And Prophet Muhammad warned Muslims that Allah despises those who think they will gain Paradise just because they observe the Five Pillars of Faith.
• Neither takes the pain in reading the other’s Holy Book without an intent to criticise but to understand the other’s perspective without accepting or rejecting it. It’s called Objective Reading and it’s possible.
Both Muslims and Christians express their arrogance by claiming being better or true believers of God than the other.
Christians’ Defence: Giving your life to Jesus makes you a child of God and you will ultimately gain Paradise.
Muslims’ Defence: All creations are slaves of Allah and submission to Him is the only way to Al Janat (Paradise).
• Both Muslims and Christians are always saying things to criticise each other’s relation with their God.
• Should it matter to others how you regard your relationship with God?
Are you a believer so people can call you such.
• Both Muslims and Christians worry themselves dead over people knowing their relationship with God.
• This begs to tell that Muslims and Christians only want people to know that they are this or that someone to recon with as special to God. An attribute synonymous with arrogance. That’s rather SHALLOW of ANY BELIEVER.
• Only a FOOLISH MUSLIM will call an EXTREMIST a Muslim at all. Have you forgotten Prophet Muhammad didn’t wage way without PROVOCATION? And those wars were mandated by Allah NOT based on the Prophet’s will.
• His first war was instituted by Mecca pagans. The people of Medina supported him because they believed him to be a good and just man but the people of Mecca to be trouble makers.
• He was a man who led every campaign from the front not the rear and you dare compare the Holy Prophet to a bunch of COWARDLY-AND-BORED people posing as deputies of the Prophet. While they send fools like you to go out and cause chaos.
• Only a FOOLISH CHRISTIAN would open his mouth to disgorge nonsense about another man’s religion. Little do you know if Jesus were here he would disassociate himself with you because, despite reading the Bible, you are not following his teachings.
You are too engrossed in self-righteousness to realise the depth of your arrogance.
• You call yourself a TRUE CHRISTIAN, how many GOOD DEEDS have you kept yourself busy over since the beginning of the year. NONE!
• Rather, you would RAP YOUR MOUTH like a FOOL about another religion when you can’t tell (without consulting the Holy Bible) the name of Ruth’s mother-in-law.
• Good for you if you’re a Child of God. Leave be people who call themselves Slaves.
• And good for you if you are a Slave because you want to humble yourself. Leave Children of God alone.
• How many PAGAN SOULS has either of you saved from damnation to hell? Nada! But you would rather exhibit your stupidity by pointing fingers at each other.
• Humble Slaves, how many Christians (who are not relatives) have you associated with this year in your quest to follow Prophet Muhammad’s teachings of relating with people to show that Islam is a religion that encourages friendship, peace and other positive situations.
• Dear Child of God, How many Muslims (who are not relatives) have you associated with this year in your quest to follow Jesus’ teaching that you must not only condemn but can also associate with them because there is some good in them? Consider Mary Magdalene’s case.
• I say Muslims and Christians are a bunch of fools. They turn on each other and abandon the pagans, the very people God intended all His messengers to preach to so they would not be damned, the same people our religious heads are supposed to convert to either Christianity or Islam. NOW THEY MAKE FUN OF OUR IDIOCY. HONESTLY, OUR STUPIDITY IS BEYOND WORDS.
• WE’VE PROVEN IT BY LUNGING FOR EACH OTHER’S THROAT OVER THE PERFECT RELIGION.
|Re: Why The Lack Of Religious Harmony In Nigeria ? by adesqr(f): 3:10pm On Oct 13, 2011|
Lantean kudos to u
This is the gospel truth, LOVE AND TOLERANCE is the answer.
|Re: Why The Lack Of Religious Harmony In Nigeria ? by tpia5: 9:47pm On Oct 13, 2011|
if a Christian enters a Mosque in Kano or Zamfara to pray
why would a christian enter a mosque to pray?
|Re: Why The Lack Of Religious Harmony In Nigeria ? by deols(f): 11:01pm On Oct 15, 2011|
christians were allowed access to the mosque by the prophet. Christian friends av gone to mosques with me too. If only pple wld study Islam and Understand it before its practice, we'll c Islam for what it is- a religion of PEACE and of tolerance.
|Re: Why The Lack Of Religious Harmony In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Oct 15, 2011|
yet the quran says xtian would end up in hell right?
|Re: Why The Lack Of Religious Harmony In Nigeria ? by deols(f): 11:42pm On Oct 15, 2011|
toba:yes, if they dont change and BELIEVE
|Re: Why The Lack Of Religious Harmony In Nigeria ? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:14pm On Oct 16, 2011|
muslims and christian brothers and sisters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! let us drop the evil influence of these false religions and unite as people of the tribes. let us return to our true religion, the religions of our soul, African Traditional Religion.
|Re: Why The Lack Of Religious Harmony In Nigeria ? by deols(f): 2:19pm On Oct 16, 2011|
pagan, this is the third time am asking u ds. Hopefully, u'll ansa now-
wat happens after death?
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 243