Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

Am Confused. Am Engaged To A Jehovah's Witness(please Advice Me) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am Confused. Am Engaged To A Jehovah's Witness(please Advice Me) (2295 Views)

Pregnant For Sugar-daddy And Engaged To My Fiance / What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? / Am Engaged But In Love With Someone Else. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Confused. Am Engaged To A Jehovah's Witness(please Advice Me) by maxproxl: 7:00am On Oct 05, 2011
Please l need u to advice me. Am confused right now. Its about my fiancée. Tell me if u were in my shoes what will you do. She has always given excuses of not going to church.  “l cant wear jeans”. “I don’t have a good native”. “l don’t like your church”. (I attend daystar,redeem,winners or coza depending on my location). But on July 1st, she said d worst thing av ever heard. She said she will never follow me to any church because her mum is a Jehovah witness & she believes in the religion.

She cried & later apologized that she said it out of anger. Av dated Moslems girls dat l took to church. Am not a pastor or a perfect Christian neither am l against Jehovah witness. Am just so amazed at her outburst. Guess l made a big mistake of not knowing dat witnesses don’t marry outsiders. Now l know better

She has agreed to go to church but have not up till now., d fact is for a healthy relationship, couples are meant to play, pray, plan & think together. They also go to church together. Wedding is for a day but marriage is for a life time. Even if my wedding is not classical, my marriage must be blissful. That journey starts from now

From my research witnesses don’t believe in the trinity, celebrate Christmas, celebrate birthdays, celebrate easter, run for political office, donate blood, recite the pledge/national anthem, read the regular bible, believe in the resurrection, relate with other Christians and don’t attend other churches. Tell me what kind of religion is that. Its so amazing and its so painful that the woman l desire to marry has such beliefs. I av a list of 141 things Jehovah witnesses cant do.

Opinions of a father should be respected. her dad is not a witness so why cant she understand my stand. I don’t intend to have a court wedding. That is not what l envisioned for myself. Her two sisters are not members of Jehovah witness.

Some months ago, l saw a text on her phone “confiding in her friend that she is engaged with someone that is not a witness and needs advice”. Can u imagine. I confronted her and she said she was sorry. I cried in private that same day.

we both discussed it recently and av agreed for a court wedding but l will not accept any Jehovah witness minister or pastor joining us together. Its so sad that she doesn’t respect her dad’s religion. I don’t understand why people that claim to be Christians cant attend a church wedding service for just two hours. l’ve attended many Moslem weddings(nikkah) in the past and I also av Moslem friends that attend church weddings

After a woman gets married, she changes her name to her husbands own. So that woman should be ready to be committed to her husband 100%. Otherwise its better for that woman to marry someone that can tolerate & endure her. any woman that is not ready to massage a man’s ego, to submit to a man shld rather not get married. wedding is for a day and marriage is for a life-time. And marriage is not to be endured but enjoyed. So tell me how will we experience a blissful marriage and blessings of matrimony if after getting married, she refuses to follow me to church. I av friends, brothers and relatives that are married. Their wives(Christians) even had to change church and start attending their husband’s church. Its so sad & painful. I will go for counseling in five different churches and hear their advice. I also need your own advice. God bless you abundantly. I rest my case
Re: Am Confused. Am Engaged To A Jehovah's Witness(please Advice Me) by mashnino(m): 7:06am On Oct 05, 2011
ehn oga, shey u just asked the question and answered it, it seems u wanna see awkward responses from these guys here. Jez chil they are still sleeping when dey wake-up oboi!!
Re: Am Confused. Am Engaged To A Jehovah's Witness(please Advice Me) by Dabss(m): 7:16am On Oct 05, 2011
^^^^ lol
Re: Am Confused. Am Engaged To A Jehovah's Witness(please Advice Me) by Nobody: 7:52am On Oct 05, 2011
Another Jehovah's Witness yada yada marriage blah blah! undecided

Why are you so lazy to use the search engine, and learn from others' experience on this same issue? Or better still, paste this in the religious section, as it is quite obvious that is what this is all about! RELIGION!

You raised a topic and answered your questions, so what else are you looking for this morning, if not a religious debate?

Gallivanting Gibberish! smiley
Re: Am Confused. Am Engaged To A Jehovah's Witness(please Advice Me) by grandstar(m): 6:46pm On Nov 03, 2011
I would advise you not to marry a Witness. You are unevenly yoked together.

King Solomon said the wise one has seen the calamity and proceeds to conceal himself. (Prov 14:21)

The marraige won't work. We obey God as ruler rather than man and by going out with a non-Witness, her conscience is hitting her.

What happens when your child is doing his or her naming? They don't do it.

Or 1st year birthday? NO WAY!!!!!!

Or Christmas. Easter etc ? NO WAY!!!!!!!!

About a JW minister presiding over wedding? Forget about it!!!! Both of you have to be Witnesses.

Pls find someone else. I am A Witness
Re: Am Confused. Am Engaged To A Jehovah's Witness(please Advice Me) by CasieJ: 7:09pm On Nov 03, 2011
A lady does not belong to any church till she is married, i don't know why some ladies are carrying church on their head, 4 me i dont like their belief 4 a second, if she will agree to marry u in your church, then you know she loves u, some of their girls are still single and waiting for their member while they are getting older, rubbish,
Re: Am Confused. Am Engaged To A Jehovah's Witness(please Advice Me) by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 03, 2011
OP see 4get abt that gal. I dnt knw wats wrong with all these people(jw). They are too religion and blinded by their so call backward doctrines.
Re: Am Confused. Am Engaged To A Jehovah's Witness(please Advice Me) by freecocoa(f): 7:27pm On Nov 03, 2011
Ah na wa o,is this how serious the witness thing is? Even not singing national anthem? Don't donate blood(what if its a relative?) I never knew it was this serious o,so if I fall in love with a witness,he can't marry me cos I'm not one,this is really serious.
Re: Am Confused. Am Engaged To A Jehovah's Witness(please Advice Me) by maureena(f): 2:26pm On Nov 04, 2011
PASTOR(MRS) BIMBO ODUKOYA OF THE BLESSED MEMORY SAID THAT A BROKEN RELATIONSHIP IS BETTER THAN A BROKEN MARRIAGE. SHE WILL BEHAVE LIKE HER MUM TOO. MARRIAGE LIKE YOU SAID AND YOU KNOW IS FOR A LIFE TIME. THAT IS THE WAY JALL EHOVAH WITNESSES BEHAVE. IT IS BETTER YOU LEAVE HER AND GO FOR A WOMAN WHO WILL ACCEPT YOU AND YOUR RELIGION.

IT TAKES TWO TO TANGLE.
Re: Am Confused. Am Engaged To A Jehovah's Witness(please Advice Me) by claremont(m): 8:52am On Nov 05, 2011
If I were you, I will keep religion out of my relationship with my partner. Religion/god(s) doesn't give a toss who you sleep/don't sleep with, there is no proof that couples who pray together/go to church/mosque together fare better than couples who don't.
Re: Am Confused. Am Engaged To A Jehovah's Witness(please Advice Me) by MyNameIsGeorge: 3:24am On Nov 25, 2020
Some JW's do marry non witnesses.

In my experience I have seen in nearly every case that the marriage does not work.

I believe it is because of this. A good relationship is based on shared values not things in common.

Because the values differ between a witness and non witness it eventually causes harm and pain.

Not all witnesses realise this when they marry but it comes to light at some point after.

In the end if the witnesses religion is important to them they will realize the mistake they have made. Or if the religion is unimportant to them they will adopt the values of the person they have bonded with. In this instance they will liekly be a witness in name only unless they leave.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Confused. Am Engaged To A Jehovah's Witness(please Advice Me) by maybet081: 3:39am On Nov 25, 2020
MyNameIsGeorge:
Some JW's do marry non witnesses.

In my experience I have seen in nearly every case that the marriage does not work.

I believe it is because of this. A good relationship is based on shared values not things in common.

Because the values differ between a witness and non witness it eventually causes harm and pain.

Not all witnesses realise this when they marry but it comes to light at some point after.

In the end if the witnesses religion is important to them they will realize the mistake they have made. Or if the religion is unimportant to them they will adopt the values of the person they have bonded with. In this instance they will liekly be a witness in ame only unless they leave.
are are u a jw
Re: Am Confused. Am Engaged To A Jehovah's Witness(please Advice Me) by Vicachiever: 5:50am On Nov 25, 2020
A friend made this mistake. Don't marry until you watch this shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BjAxyJIwMY
Re: Am Confused. Am Engaged To A Jehovah's Witness(please Advice Me) by tobechi20(m): 6:38am On Nov 25, 2020
My kids just asked me how their father died. This is the third time I have waved the question. I cannot continue avoiding it any longer .

May be I should tell them he slept and never woke up. This would keep their mind at rest . But my mind would not be at peace. That would be a lie. What if they hear the truth from another source They would see me as a liar.

I would not want that. I would tell them the partial truth. He died in a motor accident .But a half truth would equate a lie

I would equate the truth. I would tell them how a little misunderstanding we had made him loose concentration while driving and we got hit by a upcoming vehicle. I came out with minor bruises while their dad lost agreat deal of blood.

The doctor had requested for blood transfusion and I refused . My belief as a Jehovah Witness prohibit us from any form of blood transfusion. I hope they can forgive me for valuing obedience toreligious laws over love for their father. I hope they would understand that I could be excommunicated for disobedience. The church has turned his back on me each time I beckon on the members for financial assistance in raising them. I would let them know how much I regret that decision today . I hope they forgive me despite my inability to forgive myself.

https://tobechispeaks./2020/11/23/jehovah-witness-member-to-sue-a-medical-doctor-for-administering-blood-transfusion-without-his-consent-when-he-was-unconscious/

(1) (Reply)

My Fiancee Snubs For Hours Or Days After A Disagreement. Is it normal? / Top 10 Male Rejection Lines / How To Detect Your Boyfriend Is Cheating On You Through Phone Call

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.