Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,346 members, 7,780,926 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:38 AM

Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples (31031 Views)

Poll: Divorce Rate

Yoruba: 73% (105 votes)
Igbo: 26% (37 votes)
This poll has ended

Tribalism Among Yoruba People / Investigating Divorce Cases In Yorubaland. / Which Is Better: High Bride Price (igbo) & High Divorce Rate (hausa And Yoruba) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:45pm On Oct 06, 2011
Aree you minding David?

Igbo men has long been using the very expensive dowry as reason for marrying late. They say it ALL THE TIME. So unless you wanna tell us they themselves are lying o.

LOL @ Dayo's list. I fear.

Debo, you know I like wahala jare eps when these apayanjes feel the need to start these wars. [size=4pt]baby wa nko?[/size] kiss
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by ronkebp(f): 4:49pm On Oct 06, 2011
Funny thread, grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by hbrednic: 4:49pm On Oct 06, 2011
FELA WAS MARRIED TO 108 YORUBA WOMEN,wandaful  embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by debosky(m): 4:50pm On Oct 06, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Abusers are usually powerless and use physical tactic to "control" their weaker vessels and that is INSANITY.  Abuse of any kind is wrong and you do not need a bride price to determine if a man can take care of a woman or not.  Even if the man can take care of a woman doesn't mean she (wife) has to be a liability.  

I'm not going to get into the definition of insanity, but no one gets put in a padded cell for abusing their partners. If they are truly insane, then they are not responsible for their actions - I am sure you don't think abusers can be absolved of responsibility of their actions.

As I stated bride price of any amount doesn't determine whether the wife would be a good compatibility to the husband as someone on this thread stated divorce has nothing to do with tribe but with incompatibility of two people.

I disagree - people's predilection to divorce depends on cultural/societal acceptance which has everything to do with tribe. If one tribe is more accepting of divorced ladies then it is more likely to have a higher number of divorces compared to another tribe that ostracizes divorcees.
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by debosky(m): 4:54pm On Oct 06, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

Debo, you know I like wahala jare eps when these apayanjes feel the need to start these wars. [size=4pt]baby wa nko?[/size] kiss

Awon wo ni awon apayanjes? cheesy [size=4pt]baby wa n'gbadun ara e jare. . . .nigbawo lo ma wa ri fun ra e? [/size]

Seriously though, are people actually gathering the stats on tribal divorces? Where can I access such information? cheesy
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 06, 2011
debosky:

Awon wo ni awon apayanjes? cheesy [size=4pt]baby wa n'gbadun ara e jare. . . .nigbawo lo ma wa ri fun ra e? [/size]

Seriously though, are people actually gathering the stats on tribal divorces? Where can I access such information? cheesy

Stats gathered by numbnuts means feckall darling grin
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by MrsChima1(f): 4:58pm On Oct 06, 2011
debosky:

I'm not going to get into the definition of insanity, but no one gets put in a padded cell for abusing their partners. If they are truly insane, then they are not responsible for their actions - I am sure you don't think abusers can be absolved of responsibility of their actions. .

If you are speaking of Nigeria then you are right. lipsrsealed
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by Dabss(m): 5:01pm On Oct 06, 2011
debosky:

debosky:

my friend
this is a public forum, type what everybody can read.
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by MzGreat(f): 5:02pm On Oct 06, 2011
me i am a YORUBA MAN'S PROPERTY any day any time. he misbehaves, i put him in the hands of God, if he says he is too stubborn and hard hearted i divorce him, re marry or stay single. marriage is not a do or die affair, been single is not a crime.its just an agreeement btw a man and woman in the presence of God.

and for you poster that is reserching on the divorce rate btw yoruba and igbo women, maybe you should go and lick stew or mop the sea, or pick beans or rather chop stone.

note: Yoruba women are industrous traders, fearless risk takers and powerful decision makers
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by MrsChima1(f): 5:05pm On Oct 06, 2011
MzGreat:

me i am a YORUBA MAN'S PROPERTY any day any time. he misbehaves, i put him in the hands of God, if he says he is too stubborn and hard hearted i divorce him, re marry or stay single. marriage is not a do or die affair, been single is not a crime.its just an agreeement btw a man and woman in the presence of God.

and for you poster that is reserching on the divorce rate btw yoruba and igbo women, maybe you should go and lick stew or mop the sea, or pick beans or rather chop stone.

note: Yoruba women are industrous traders, fearless risk takers and powerful decision makers

grin cry grin cry grin cry
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by Dabss(m): 5:09pm On Oct 06, 2011
MzGreat:

lol
Nobody likes being alone.
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by debosky(m): 5:12pm On Oct 06, 2011
Da_b¤§§.:

my friend
this is a public forum, type what everybody can read.

Mind your own business - if you can't read what I read then you are illiterate. tongue
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by OkparaIgbo: 5:12pm On Oct 06, 2011
I Wanted to take them(Yoruba goats and slow pokes that can never accept the truth without trying to be the loudest and sharpest mouth) embarassed embarassed embarassed one after the other, but i have not got such free time. Therefore i will put it in general response to them all.
1. You talk of the women accepting arse whooping and blah blah blah without complaining,  Ermmm hang on http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5574670-146/oba_assaults_wife___.csp Thats like the king of the land panel beating his wife, !! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed Igbo's im sure dont answer Oba. So men beating wife is not peculiar to a region including in very sad cases which result to death. So Terrible how a man can beat his wife to death though im aware that some women are just some thing else
Igbo case: http://www.africanloft.com/nigerian-man-murders-wife-in-america/
Yoruba Case: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/04/jealous-hubby-pounds-wife-to-death/

2. You talk of the Bride Price: Ok let me explain something to your moronic minds in plain english, Bride price is paid just to express in representative terms how much your daughter is worth or how much she is valued in the family and how sad they are to see her go. And before you open your stinking breath to say ooh life now has value No it doesnt dont be too ignorant. shocked. So im sorry if your father sends you off without even a kobo, well it says it all your not wanted and he cant wait to see your sorry arse out of his budget grin grin grin. And although that cannot be said of all parents but oh well most. grin. Im not in support of the huge list system and yes i can categorically tell you that its now an old system in Igbo land and cut the crap would you, !!
These days most families look at the future and relationship of the marriage rather than materials and thats a good thing but the tradition of kola nut and some wine must continue thats why we are IGBO's (My Lovely People) cheesy cheesy cheesy. Got that into your thick skull Oooh well  tongue tongue. And for the girl that said she saw a movie and hence it has influenced her thinking, oooh my how Yoruba a thing to say shocked shocked shocked shocked. Bet the American movies of people flying out of big towers and aeroplanes makes you think you can fly lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. Accept my sympathy

3. You guys talk of  WHAT AGAIN,  Ermm nothing then. so i will end it, but let me explain why my sisters last longer in marriages and im not saying all before you retort shocked shocked shocked

a. Good Behaviour and Morals which to be fair i have not seen in a lot of Yoruba girls and i have seen sooooooooooooo many thanks  angry angry angry. Keep it up girls and never let your heads swell up to much, loool

b. Beautiful and groomed. Yes they are so beautiful that it makes me wonder why a man wouldnt want to wake up to such a groomed and pretty lady for the rest of their lifes, Igbo girls please keep taking care of yourselves and representing other tribes are watching and loving it, hence why i can answer why other tribes come to Ala-Igbo to seek your hands in marriage. Does that answer the question of the lady that said we should be concerned why our sisters are the most married out, ? Hope it does and it doesnt get us angry because we love to share as long as we keep the best which is what we have done and will keep doing. My Igbo brothers hope im on point, lool  cheesy cheesy cheesy. Woman your arse should be scared that your few intelligent brothers are coming to marry my sisters, undecided undecided
c. Their ability to cook and maintain/Train a family. This is not far fetched and is a truth so i would nt want to talk much about it. My Igbo sisters please always keep this trad going because it will always make us the talk of the town and keep Igbo living. Chukwu nyere anyi Akawink wink wink tongue. And also they are brilliant in the bed.wooooow amazing to be fair keep it up ladies and always stay healthy and fit. We Okpara Igbo's love it that way  tongue tongue
d. They have the fear of God and abide by it. Im sure Divorce was spoken about in the bible and my sisters wouldnt want to bring shame to God and the people. So please my Igbo sisters keep up the good work and always keep respecting and loving your husband aswell as feeding his stomach and appetite.!! Yum yum we love it that way.
Now let me round off, Igbo women are less divorced because of the reasons and not only igbo women but women in general. If oyur the type that dont take care of yourself and slagg off your husband each time and embarrass your self and shout like your fighting when your talking and etc. then abeg learn from some of the igbo women. My men abeg let us try and treat the ladies with care as they are fragile  kiss.

1 Like

Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by MzGreat(f): 5:13pm On Oct 06, 2011
Da_b¤§§.:

lol
Nobody likes being alone.

been alone sometimes is way better than been unhappy. our prayer is God should grant all of us happy marriages
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by MzGreat(f): 5:17pm On Oct 06, 2011
na wa o, hmmmm. d way some people reply to comments ehn like say dem won publish book or na essay. Nairaland wont pay you for 10 pages replies and na still rubbish dem go yarn. LESS IS MORE OH!
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by hbrednic: 5:24pm On Oct 06, 2011
MzGreat:

been alone sometimes is way better than been unhappy. our prayer is God should grant all of us happy marriages
GBAM AND AMEN.
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by htajz: 5:48pm On Oct 06, 2011
ijaw girl better shut up your mouth considering majority of us have igbo mothers, just stay away from such threads. angry angry
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by ChiScoroko(f): 6:04pm On Oct 06, 2011
all this rubbish about igbo women are forced to stay in their marriages because they have no other choice and are seen as investment because the in laws demand too much bride price are pure rubbish. angry, you people are very silly and misinformed. angry the bride price according to tradition has to be paid but pls tell me if N50, N80, N1,000, EVEN N3,000 is such a big fortune,  convert it to dollars and let me know. pls if you don't know something, pls shut up, when someone of the your same tribe come in here bashing you, address him and do not bash a tribe that has nothing to do it with, the bride price is kept low for a reason, so it wouldn't be like the girls are being sold and won't be brought back when something goes wrong. sooooo get  your facts straight before opening your mouths anyhow.

f you count such things as cow, yams, goats, rice, and etc as big investments on acquiring a wife, then you deserve a big capital F for fail in life. these are the things you need anyways so if bringing them as well as the small money tradition demands is such a big investment or means selling the bride, then let our wives be sold, (I'm a woman BTW), I can't speak for the Yoruba tradition so i have nothing negative to say. as far as I'm concerned and with the little I've seen, it's a beautiful culture. Igbos marry because we value marriage, (nothing is wrong with that). we stay in marriage because we married for better or for worse. you can't stay for better and run for worse, but if the marriage becomes too much to bear, then there's no point. we all gather around as a family, everyone, extended family included to deal with the person that has wronged our daughter and give her a choice, wether she wants to stay or leave, if she stays, we warn him never to do anything silly or she is no longer his wife, if she leaves, we take her with us and take care of her until she gets on her feet again, so trust and believe, its not just the "Yoruba" tradition that takes care of their woman, and pls stop using this excuse and the excuse that the bride price is high to discredit igbo marriages, it doesn't work,  tongue
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 06, 2011
@OkparaIgbo- Chineke gozie gi.

The reason is rooted in our culture. In Igbo land, divorce is never an option. Adultery too is a TABOO. Gerrit??

Our women have the attitude of standing with their husband through thick and thin. Our mothers imbibed this in their daughters from day one.

[B]I can't really speak for yorubas but I can tell you this: My mother isn't Igbo but she married an Igbo. The rest of her siblings married Yoruba pple and they all have fidelity issues. I never saw any issues of infedelity in my home all when I was there.[/b]

Does it figure?
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by publisher(m): 6:08pm On Oct 06, 2011
[size=13pt]EEEH YAAAA
Most Yorubas on this thread have suddenly become defensive as per the main topic.

Here's my own opinion:
I have seen and encountered both Yoruba and Igbo wife beaters,but the reality is that ;while the Igbo husband who's beating up his wife can still make reference to the huge bride price he 'wasted' on this 'his stubborn wife'. The Yoruba husband who's beating up his wife,is most likely being FED by the same woman he's beating up. Someone please tell me i'm lying?
Yorubas have the most educated MALE folks in Nigeria while IGBOS have the most educated FEMALE folks in Nigeria. One would have thought that this fact ought to have made Igbo ladies more 'head strong' but luckily,Igbo men and culture have some in built mechanisms that have favoured the Igbo marriage. Igbo men,no matter how illiterate ,ALWAYS strive to provide for his family,because in Igbo land,your family is your true source of pride.

As for Yoruba men,in spite of their percieved high education,many of them end up becoming laid back and lazy husbands,their sometimes semi-educated wives do end up becoming bread winners through market trade and commerce. Its only in Yoruba land that you see siblings fighting and killing themselves over properties that their late MOTHER built. To make matter worse,these siblings including the males always have different surnames cos their mother had babies for two sometimes THREE different men.

Again,Someone tell me i'm lying? grin grin tongue[/size]
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by htajz: 6:19pm On Oct 06, 2011
lets end this topic, anyway i grew up in ph and i dont know any divorced igbo family the same can not be said with my group and other groups in ph  and with people rushing to marry igbo women they must be something special about them.lets give credit to whom its due, the only reason i support ijaw men marrying igbo women cus i believe with time the nasty habit of ijaw women and men having children outside their marriages(for those that even care to marry) including foreigners and even people they dont know will stop. angry angry angry

igbo women have influenced ijaw cultures a lot and am grateful for thaT, at least my family including extended one can boast of zero divorce rate,infidelity and having babies outside because of that.

i cant really say anything about yoruba women even though i have spend some time there, i dont really associate with them and they need to work on their hygiene though tongue
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by ChineduNlem(m): 6:20pm On Oct 06, 2011
Guys please if this is a yoruba bashing thread count me out. This forum is about solving problems not poking others in the eye.
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:21pm On Oct 06, 2011
Wow why are these people writing like such illiterates

Who's gonna read any of this crap LOL

Kai I cant even manage. I have a headache.

Okpara, when did you leave school? Primary 3?

Jesu. Total bastardization of the English language. Abeg stick to your pidgin please.  grin
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by coolkaboom(m): 6:22pm On Oct 06, 2011
We wil b denyin d obvious, I agree wt d op. Sad with d way d thread turned out into a tribal bash-party, but I figure that's wassup arond here. all marriages are very challengin, I think (my humble opinion) our women are bettr educated and liberated(also less submissive), so divorce in a horrible situation wil appeal more to them, than other scenarios. We also hav muslims and traditional factors which tend to encourage multiple patners, unlike in ibo land.
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by Nobody: 6:24pm On Oct 06, 2011
publisher:

[size=13pt]EEEH YAAAA
Most Yorubas on this thread have suddenly become defensive as per the main topic.

Here's my own opinion:
I have seen and encountered both Yoruba and Igbo wife beaters,but the reality is that ;while the Igbo husband who's beating up his wife can still make reference to the huge bride price he 'wasted' on this 'his stubborn wife'. The Yoruba husband who's beating up his wife,is most likely being FED by the same woman he's beating up. Someone please tell me i'm lying?
Yorubas have the most educated MALE folks in Nigeria while IGBOS have the most educated FEMALE folks in Nigeria. One would have thought that this fact ought to have made Igbo ladies more 'head strong' but luckily,Igbo men and culture have some in built mechanisms that have favoured the Igbo marriage.[B] Igbo men,no matter how illiterate ,ALWAYS strive to provide for his family,because in Igbo land,your family is your true source of pride.[/b]

As for Yoruba men,in spite of their percieved high education,many of them end up becoming laid back and lazy husbands,their sometimes semi-educated wives do end up becoming bread winners through market trade and commerce. Its only in Yoruba land that you see siblings fighting and killing themselves over properties that their late MOTHER built. To make matter worse,these siblings including the males always have different surnames cos their mother had babies for two sometimes THREE different men.

[B]Again,Someone tell me i'm lying?[/b] grin grin tongue[/size]

Guy! Abeg chop ten knuckle! You aint lying.

Help me drum it into them. Igbo people are the flyest.
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:27pm On Oct 06, 2011
publisher:

[size=13pt]
[/size]

LOL Look at this troll

There's a popular market in New York where you can get African good. Bronx Terminal Market. Ask everyone what happened last year

Everyone is now buying from the Ghanaians because an Igbo man killed his brother over money. He was one of the successful ones there but seeing that blood lust runs in your veins, why not ruin a good thing

You want me to post the various articles of Igbo men slaashing their wives here in the States? Better stop drinking and wake up. Wife makes one cent more than them and husbands go ape shyt, cutting up their wives like suya.
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 06, 2011
@Thief of heart- sad sad

This thread is about divorce rates amongst Igbos and Yorubas and not Igbo men in NY slashing their brothers.

Please don't derail. Let's stay on the topic.

Thanks.
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by publisher(m): 6:39pm On Oct 06, 2011
Posted by: ThiefOfHearts
Insert Quote
Quote from: publisher on Today at 06:08:38 PM

LOL Look at this troll

There's a popular market in New York where you can get African good. Bronx Terminal Market. Ask everyone what happened last year

Everyone is now buying from the Ghanaians because an Igbo man killed his brother over money. He was one of the successful ones there but seeing that blood lust runs in your veins, why not ruin a good thing

You want me to post the various articles of Igbo men slaashing their wives here in the States? Better stop drinking and wake up. Wife makes one cent more than them and husbands go ape shyt, cutting up their wives like suya.

@Thief of heart-
Wetin concern me with New York,we dont need to go far now? Havent you read the recent popular case,right here in Naija were a Man (Pure Yoruba) brutally murdered his bread winning Banker wife (Also Yoruba). Just months after she helped him pay the house rent.

Wetin u dey yarn sef? grin cheesy grin
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by Blazing88(f): 6:43pm On Oct 06, 2011
THE WINNER OF ''THE ARGUMENTS'' GOES TO THE YORUBAS!!!
everybody move to d dancefloor,its time to boogie down to our yoruba n igbo djs in the house! grin
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 06, 2011
OkparaIgbo:

I Wanted to take them(Yoruba goats and slow pokes that can never accept the truth without trying to be the loudest and sharpest mouth) embarassed embarassed embarassed one after the other, but i have not got such free time. Therefore i will put it in general response to them all.
1. You talk of the women accepting arse whooping and blah blah blah without complaining,  Ermmm hang on http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5574670-146/oba_assaults_wife___.csp Thats like the king of the land panel beating his wife, !! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed Igbo's im sure dont answer Oba. So men beating wife is not peculiar to a region including in very sad cases which result to death. So Terrible how a man can beat his wife to death though im aware that some women are just some thing else
Igbo case: http://www.africanloft.com/nigerian-man-murders-wife-in-america/
Yoruba Case: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/04/jealous-hubby-pounds-wife-to-death/

2. You talk of the Bride Price: Ok let me explain something to your moronic minds in plain english, Bride price is paid just to express in representative terms how much your daughter is worth or how much she is valued in the family and how sad they are to see her go. And before you open your stinking breath to say ooh life now has value No it doesnt dont be too ignorant. shocked. So im sorry if your father sends you off without even a kobo, well it says it all your not wanted and he cant wait to see your sorry arse out of his budget grin grin grin. And although that cannot be said of all parents but oh well most. grin. Im not in support of the huge list system and yes i can categorically tell you that its now an old system in Igbo land and cut the crap would you, !!
These days most families look at the future and relationship of the marriage rather than materials and thats a good thing but the tradition of kola nut and some wine must continue thats why we are IGBO's (My Lovely People) cheesy cheesy cheesy. Got that into your thick skull Oooh well  tongue tongue. And for the girl that said she saw a movie and hence it has influenced her thinking, oooh my how Yoruba a thing to say shocked shocked shocked shocked. Bet the American movies of people flying out of big towers and aeroplanes makes you think you can fly lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. Accept my sympathy

3. You guys talk of  WHAT AGAIN,  Ermm nothing then. so i will end it, but let me explain why my sisters last longer in marriages and im not saying all before you retort shocked shocked shocked

a. Good Behaviour and Morals which to be fair i have not seen in a lot of Yoruba girls and i have seen sooooooooooooo many thanks  angry angry angry. Keep it up girls and never let your heads swell up to much, loool

b. Beautiful and groomed. Yes they are so beautiful that it makes me wonder why a man wouldnt want to wake up to such a groomed and pretty lady for the rest of their lifes, Igbo girls please keep taking care of yourselves and representing other tribes are watching and loving it, hence why i can answer why other tribes come to Ala-Igbo to seek your hands in marriage. Does that answer the question of the lady that said we should be concerned why our sisters are the most married out, ? Hope it does and it doesnt get us angry because we love to share as long as we keep the best which is what we have done and will keep doing. My Igbo brothers hope im on point, lool  cheesy cheesy cheesy. Woman your arse should be scared that your few intelligent brothers are coming to marry my sisters, undecided undecided
c. Their ability to cook and maintain/Train a family. This is not far fetched and is a truth so i would nt want to talk much about it. My Igbo sisters please always keep this trad going because it will always make us the talk of the town and keep Igbo living. Chukwu nyere anyi Akawink wink wink tongue. And also they are brilliant in the bed.wooooow amazing to be fair keep it up ladies and always stay healthy and fit. We Okpara Igbo's love it that way  tongue tongue
d. They have the fear of God and abide by it. Im sure Divorce was spoken about in the bible and my sisters wouldnt want to bring shame to God and the people. So please my Igbo sisters keep up the good work and always keep respecting and loving your husband aswell as feeding his stomach and appetite.!! Yum yum we love it that way.
Now let me round off, Igbo women are less divorced because of the reasons and not only igbo women but women in general. If oyur the type that dont take care of yourself and slagg off your husband each time and embarrass your self and shout like your fighting when your talking and etc. then abeg learn from some of the igbo women. My men abeg let us try and treat the ladies with care as they are fragile  kiss.

Igbo man, it is okay to sing praises to your women. cheesy
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 06, 2011
BTW, I love the poll result.  cheesy

Enough of this African mentality that woman must stay with her husband no matter the miscommunication and abuse going on in the marriage.  cheesy cheesy

Sincerely, I hope that Yoruba men take this result serious:

1. Know how to take care of of your wife

2. Move on to other women

But its not always the man's fault too. Yoruba women eyin na e ronu o. Such is life, it moves on.

tongue
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 06, 2011
I dont think its an igbo v. yoruba thing . . . its just a matter of individual taste.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans / Oluwo Of Iwo And His Wife, Olori Firdaus, Welcome First Child / Nigerians In China Celebrate African Cultural Day With Colourful Events(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.