Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,839 members, 7,802,689 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? (27810 Views)

Why Do Muslims Hate Jews? / The False Dajjal (Anti-Christ) And His Picture / Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by donnie(m): 12:50pm On Mar 18, 2006
The reason Muslims in Europe and America seem to be more liberal is that they have had a rub-off or should i say a little taste of the freedom brought to those nations by the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by teckman: 9:51pm On Mar 24, 2006
i don't think i've heard of any christian being harrased for carrying his bible in saudi arabia? school me on that
am a muslim,ave read the Q'uran and from my firsthand knowledge,we r not encouraged to fight or kill christians just because they don't worship the same way we do,anyways muslims believe in jesus and yes its in the Q'uran that he(jesus) is coming back,we just don't believe he got crucified ina degrading manner which the Bible portrays
lastly muslims don't hate christians(isnt that stupid),mostly those that participate in those riots/ killings are illiterates(almanjari's),a group of young boys reminiscent of area boys.who are given a token fee for carrying out the unGODly act,trust me i live in the north i know these things, i've got christians as friends aven as family embers because my family is a mixture of both religions,i respect your faith,am not just sure about it,

yeah,and those nations that wiped out about 97% of the native indians residing in America RIGHt?
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by charlisco(m): 12:32pm On Mar 26, 2006
Tackman, I think this site will be of interest to u
from me, Muslim find joy in killing christian

source = http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4845970.stm

Pope Benedict XVI has asked the Afghan president to show clemency towards a man facing possible execution for converting to Christianity.
Abdul Rahman has been charged with apostasy, a religious offence.

The Vatican said the pontiff had appealed to President Hamid Karzai to respect human rights guarantees enshrined in the Afghan constitution.

The Afghan government has been holding talks on the fate of Mr Rahman, who officials say "could be released soon".

Mr Rahman is on trial charged with rejecting Islam. He could be executed under Islamic Sharia law unless he reconverts.

'Understanding and respect'

The appeal was sent in a letter in Pope Benedict XVI's name by Vatican Secretary of State Cardinal Angelo Sodano.

The note, excerpts of which were released by the Vatican, said the pope's appeal was inspired by "profound human compassion" and by a "firm belief in the dignity of human life and by respect for every person's freedom of conscience and religion".

Releasing Mr Rahman would "contribute in a most significant way to our common mission to foster mutual understanding and respect among the world's different religions and cultures", it added.

The Afghan government has come under growing international pressure on the issue.

The US has urged President Karzai to seek a "favourable resolution" to the case.

Austria, current holder of the European Union's rotating presidency, said it would "leave no stone unturned" to protect Mr Rahman.
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by Softee(f): 1:32am On Apr 04, 2006
teckman:

i don't think i've heard of any christian being harrased for carrying his bible in saudi arabia? school me on that
am a muslim,ave read the Q'uran and from my firsthand knowledge,we r not encouraged to fight or kill christians just because they don't worship the same way we do,anyways muslims believe in jesus and yes its in the Q'uran that he(jesus) is coming back,we just don't believe he got crucified ina degrading manner which the Bible portrays
lastly muslims don't hate christians(isnt that stupid),mostly those that participate in those riots/ killings are illiterates(almanjari's),a group of young boys reminiscent of area boys.who are given a token fee for carrying out the unGODly act,trust me i live in the north i know these things, i've got christians as friends aven as family embers because my family is a mixture of both religions,i respect your faith,am not just sure about it,

yeah,and those nations that wiped out about 97% of the native indians residing in America RIGHt?

I dissagree. I know you are not directly told through your quran to kill/fight all christians but some of the things in your quran suggests a lot of violence and most of this violence is resulted in war, bombing churches. I am not saying christians are innocent of these things but our actual Bible does not teach us to us violence in ANY FORM OR WAY. Your quran does:

Kill disbelievers wherever you find them. If they attack you, then kill them. Such is the reward of disbelievers. (But if they desist in their unbelief, then don't kill them.) 2:191-2

War is ordained by Allah, and all Muslims must be willing to fight, whether they like it or not. 2:216

Believers fight for Allah; disbelievers fight for the devil. So fight the minions of the devil. 4:76

Have no unbelieving friends. Kill the unbelievers wherever you find them. 4:89

If the unbelievers do not offer you peace, kill them wherever you find them. Against such you are given clear warrant. 4:91 (WAR)
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by donnie(m): 12:14am On Apr 13, 2006
Did you follow the story of the guy who was recently released after his being sentenced to death for converting form Islam to Christianity? It has been on CNN.
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by Jalal(m): 10:28pm On Jul 07, 2006
The Question should be why do christians refuse to understand islam
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jul 07, 2006
Jalal you are totally missing it.
If indeed you live in Kano,you ought to be able to say something more concrete here.

Why do you choose to kill us at the drop of a hat is the question?
In other words,why does the murderous spirit rage in so many of your brethen?
Did you see CNN today,the news of the foiled bombing plot in New York.
Well they were are Muslims and believe me they were not about to spead "the religion of peace"
I await your simple answer without any ambiguity.
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jul 07, 2006
Honestly I try to refrain from reading and responding to posts from Muslims always trying to potray the same old fable of we are a peaceful people,you don't understand us,we love you all,we believe in Jesus BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.

The so called peaceful religion has claimed the lives of tens of thousands in Nigeria alone including my relatives and you all keep saying this crap.

My advice to all non Muslims in Nigeria is to be patient,pretty soon we'll have a stronger army when all their men would have lost hands and feet to sharia.
Peaceful religion my unpedicured feet!!!
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by 4getme1(m): 9:44am On Jul 08, 2006
babyosisi:

Peaceful religion my unpedicured feet!!!
Babyosisi, that was rather tough - but I understand where you're coming from, especially as you were affected by the unfortunate incidents of the religious uprisings in Nigeria.

@Jalal,

I would consider your concerns genuine and legitimate. To be sure, more and more Christians are investing time, energy and resources in serious effort to understand Islam - that's why we go to the source books (the Qur'an and Hadith) and come away asking questions about what, why, who, where and how. Muslims have also asked questions about Christianity, and we have tried to answer many of those questions and keep doing so.

In the case of a religion (Islam) claiming familiarity with the Biblical faiths (Judaism and Christianity), we have all the more reason to ask these questions; hence we ask many times why Islam claims to be a 'religion of peace' and yet all we often see by its adherents today is the very opposite - war and chaos.

Again, we ask questions of who are responsible for these heinous crimes and if at all they could be considered 'Muslims' keeping the tenets of the Islamic faith as handed down to them by the Prophet of Islam.

Where do these perpetrators get their inspiration from to go out on rampage at the drop of a pin - and are the answers legitimately establishing Islam by the book?

How did the Prophet of Islam live his life and pursue his career against the backdrop of several issues that non-Muslims find contradictory to his 'holy' calling as a prophet?

Which brings us to a fundamental question: what really is Islam and are its claims legitimate and true to what its adherents want us to believe it is?

If Islam cannot stand up to be scrutinized in the wake of recent developments that worry millions the world over, then something is definitely wrong somewhere. To be fair to you, Christians make every effort to understand Islam; but we need answers to some of the questions being asked, rather than the 'take-it-or-leave-it' responses that are often advanced by our Muslim friends.
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 08, 2006
4 get_me, I apologise for my outburst,sometimes it's hard to comprehend how one's neighbors could rise up and kill him unprovoked in the name of Allah.
Nigeria needs deliverance, seriously.
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by Softee(f): 10:01pm On Jul 08, 2006
Jalal:

The Question should be why do christians refuse to understand islam

I don't see how christians can understand a religion which encourages war and fighting. Expecially when our own saviour teaches LOVE. However because i am not a narrow minded person please make me to understand why you would want to be in a religion that teaches violence?
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by OlaAjia(m): 11:18pm On Jul 08, 2006
My dear Softee,

I can see you're really taking  things soft! grin grin grin. I don't mean this in a negative context, but I have to ask this question any way. Why is it that you do not understand Islam very well after the very beautiful replies the Muslims have given you? Except if of course you have intentionally chosen not to understand them!
Please consider this example very well Softee,  I told my armed guards "Provided he is armed, if any man enters my gate, shoot him at sight" Now lets rewrite it "if any man enters my gate, shoot him at sight". I am fully aware that these two quotes have very different implications, but I have said let's rewrite it. Is this a fair repetition or am I inciting on something that is clearly obvious to those that want it to be? I take that as your situation. I challenge you to prove me wrong.

Jalal:

The Question should be why do chChristiansefuse to understand isIslam_
@Jalal, your question is very correct but I must say that the misunderstanding of those few Christians concerning Allah is a choice they make intentionally.
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by OlaAjia(m): 11:49pm On Jul 08, 2006
Sorry if I diverted from the thread earlier! I wanted to address the issues at hand before I replied.

It is very naive and unreasonable to conclude that Muslims hate Christians so much softee. That is not true, and cannot be found in the same zipcode as true. As a matter of fact, Muslims consider Christians as worshipers of God. The only places we do not agree is the fact the Christians believe in trinity and their tendency to worship Christ, and the much obvious alterations in the Holy Bible.
To be honest with you Softee, we do believe in the Bible, in Christ as a messanger and prophet of God and in the coming of anti-Christ, followed by the coming back of Jesus Christ to save humanity from the evil of Anti-Christ. But softee, we do not take Jesus' essence across that boundary. We do not consider him to be God, not even close to being the son of God. He was simply a prophet of God. So with all due respect Softee, I present basic Islam to you! If you understand this simple concept, you will come to realize that Christians are the least of Muslims problems.
Can I be of any more help, or do you still misunderstand and demand better clarity? Please do not hesitate
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by 4getme1(m): 12:50am On Jul 09, 2006
@OlaAjia,

OlaAjia:

@Jalal, your question is very correct but I must say that the misunderstanding of those few Christians concerning Allah is a choice they make intentionally.

In just the same way that Muslims who refuse to understand God in the Bible is a choice they intentionally make.

A few things you just have to think through and see if this assertion of the intentional choice of Muslims to misunderstand the true God is misplaced. Long before Muhammad was born, the Gospels have been in circulation with the very words declaring Jesus as the Son of God. Please prove me wrong on that by showing me how that "Son of God" as referring to Jesus Christ was a later addition, alteration or altercation to the Bible after Muhammad established Islam. A few texts for your consideration:

Matt. 14:33 - And they that were in the boat worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.

Matt. 16:16 - And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Matt. 27:43 - He trusteth on God; let him deliver him now, if he desireth him: for he said, I am the Son of God.

Mark 1:1 - The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God

Mar 14:61-62 - But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and saith unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed? And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting at the right hand of power, and coming with the clouds of heaven.

Luke 1:35 - And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Most High shall overshadow thee: wherefore also that which is to be born shall be called holy, the Son of God.

John 10:36 - say ye of him, whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

John 19:7 - The Jews answered him, We have a law, and by that law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God.

Notice that the four evangelists (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) had abundantly stated that Jesus Christ is the Son of God - even quoting His own statement where He asserted it so by Himself. Again, notice that these Gospel accounts were already in circulation long before Muhammad was born. Now, there are a few pertinent questions to ask, and please give unprejudiced answers where you can:

Question 1:
   # since the Gospel accounts that were in circulation long before Muhammad was born (and even during his time) were
    all stating that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, what 'Gospel' did Muhammad assert in the Qur'an that Allah sent down
    to Jesus? See Sura 003:003 --

"It is He Who sent down to thee (step by step), in truth, the Book, confirming what went before it; and He sent down
      the Law (of Moses) and the Gospel (of Jesus) before this, as a guide to mankind, and He sent down the criterion (of
      judgment between right and wrong)." - Yusuf Ali.

"He hath revealed unto thee (Muhammad) the Scripture with truth, confirming that which was (revealed) before it, even
     as He revealed the Torah and the Gospel." - Pickthal.

Here, it is clear that Allah is purporting to have sent down, confirmed, and revealed the Gospel of Jesus - and these Gospels have always declared from the very start that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. If anyone was changing anything in the Gospel, it is Muhammad and Allah; not Christians.

Question 2:
   # If you really believe that the Bible has been changed as Muhammad charged, can you please state what were changed
    from what to what? Did the Bible in Muhammad's day any different from the one we read today? Or, did the Bible not say
    that Jesus Christ was the Son of God at the time of Muhammad?

If you haven't taken the time to look into this matter and are not willing to do so, then it is obvious that it is Muslims like you who have intentionally chosen to ignore the unsubstantiated claims of the Qur'an against the Bible; and have rather chosen to follow the dogma of a man who assumed prophethood without having been sent by the God he claims sent down, confirmed and revealed the Gospel of Jesus Christ the Son of God.
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by LAHLAXZA(m): 3:09am On Jul 09, 2006
LET YOUR RELIGION BE YOURS AND MINE BE MINE .HISTORICALLY PEOPLE HAVE MISUNDERSTOOD RELIGIOUS CONTENTS AND HAVE USED RELIGION AS A VEIL FOR PERSONAL AND POLITICAL MOTIVES .WHY SHOULD ISLAM BE ANY DIFFERENT? . I DONT HATE ANY CHRISTAIN FOR BEING A CHRISTAIN SO THAT MAKES THIS THREAD VERY BOGUS BECAUSE IF I SHOULD GO BY IT ALONE I WOULD ASSSUME ALL MULIMS HATE CHRISTAINS FOR BEING CHRISTAINS , AND THAT IS SO NOT TRUE.

P.S SOFTEE YOU SEEM TO GO ABOUT NL POSTING THREADS WRIITEN IN LANGUAGE THAT LACKS RELIGIOUS SENSITIVITY TOWARDS MUSLIMS.JUST IN CASE YOU DONT KNOW, IT IS [b]CHILDISH AND HIGHLY IRRESP[/b]ONSIBLE REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOUR MOTIVES ARE.
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by 4getme1(m): 7:26am On Jul 09, 2006
Oga LAHLAXZA,

There's no need to shout in capital letters. The Qur'an confirms the hate Muhammad had for Christians and Jews, and quite often Muslims would come back with the weak excuse that 'your religion is yours and my religion is mine.' Muhammad respected no other religion, and we must query the authenticity of his prophethood. It is highly childish and irresponsible indeed for any Muslim to expect that people should keep quiet and not ask questions about the activities of the self-declared Quraish "prophet" called Muhammad.

He claimed to have brought a religion from the same God that confirmed and revealed the 'Gospel' to Jesus - we must examine that claim.

He claimed to have received a lot of revelation from that same God about his activities, especially his connections with women - we should equally examine them.

He claimed to have received the quintessential accolade of 'the seal of the Prophets' from that same God - another matter to be examined.

He claimed that people should say a prayer (p.b.u.h.) at every mention of his name - a prayer that even Islamic scholars have had to admit reveals more than most Muslims are willing to admit: a case to be examined.

There are quite a handful of very serious matters about life and career of the self-declared Quraish prophet that must be examined, especially those dealing with the morality and deportment suited to such a 'holy' calling. Apart from the hate he clearly expressed towards people who didn't square with him, it is pertinent to examine the question of whether or not Muhammad was consistent in the pursuit of his career as a prophet. These matters cannot just be swept under the carpet.
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by lordimpaq(m): 9:49am On Jul 09, 2006
@4get me

i can't help but admire u, well spoken,
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by 4getme1(m): 10:39am On Jul 09, 2006
My brother Lordimpaq, my admiration to you as well. I'm waiting for my Muslim friends to examine these claims with an open mind, because quite often they allege that Christians have intentionally chosen not to understand the true God. Let them drop their dogmatic and sentimental attachment to the Quraish prophet and put him under the spotlight of his own claims.
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by OlaAjia(m): 2:00pm On Jul 09, 2006
@4get_me

To start with, let me first make it clear to you that I don't believe in many verses in the Bible of these days because of the alterations that it has suffered in the hands of its originators as well as translators. You are absolutely correct in your claim that the bible existed much longer before Prophet Muhammed(p.b.u.h) as in your quote from Yussuf Ali. Muslims could have believed the Bible of these days if it were the Bible that is being referred to in the Holy Quran, but as much as I wouldn't love to say this, the Bible is already corrupted. Funny as it may seem, many chapters in your bible were added many years after the death of Jesus(A.S.W). This possibly explains the high level of imperfection present in a "Divine" book supposedly revealed by a Perfect being. I though find it very interesting that despite the fact that these claims are true, your faith arrogance has forced you not to testify to the truth. It would not cost me a thing to prove my claims and I will do just that however, in modesty, I will use few proofs, except you demand for more. I present the bible to you 4get me:
Who incited David to count the fighting men of Israel?

(a) God did (2 Samuel 24: 1)

(b) Satan did (I Chronicles 2 1:1)

In that count how many fighting men were found in Israel?

(a) Eight hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)

(b) One million, one hundred thousand (IChronicles 21:5)

God sent his prophet to threaten David with how many years of famine?

(a) Seven (2 Samuel 24:13)

(b) Three (I Chronicles 21:12)

When did David bring the Ark of the Covenant to Jerusalem? Before defeating the Philistines or after?

(a) After (2 Samuel 5 and 6)

(b) Before (I Chronicles 13 and 14)

Question: why should a "perfect-being" make such "imperfect" mistakes? if the perfect being didn't make the mistakes, then Will you give any reason why I should believe that this book has not undergone any alterations?

Unfortunately, the bible had been altered right before the time of the Prophet(s.a.w) and the Prophet was very well aware of this and that is why Muslims took the very difficult but profitable precautions to preserve the Quran in its original text.
Please not that I'm not perfect in answering questions, but I hope I have been able to satisfy your questions.
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by LAHLAXZA(m): 8:48pm On Jul 09, 2006
good job ola ajia.How eloquent you are in your explanations, may the blessings of ALLAH continue to be upon you .
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by 4getme1(m): 8:50pm On Jul 09, 2006
@OlaAjia,

OlaAjia:

To start with, let me first make it clear to you that I don't believe in many verses in the Bible of these days because of the alterations that it has suffered in the hands of its originators as well as translators. You are absolutely correct in your claim that the bible existed much longer before Prophet Muhammed(p.b.u.h) as in your quote from Yussuf Ali. Muslims could have believed the Bible of these days if it were the Bible that is being referred to in the Holy Quran, but as much as I wouldn't love to say this, the Bible is already corrupted.

I appreciate the fact that your Islamic stereotype helps your ignorance even in your arguments. It's okay to not believe in 'many' verses in the Bible "these days" - but how does that help your case in offering counter-claims to my enquiries? Which one of the verses do you even believe in at all? It's laughable to read your excuse that 'Muslims could have believed the Bible of these days' - as if it differs anything in its original declarations at the time when Allah sent down, confirmed and revealed the "Gospel" that has always asserted the divine sonship of Jesus Christ! When have Muslims ever believed the Bible in Islamic history? So, let me ask: What "Bible" was being referred to in the Holy Qur'an - the one that did not have Mark 1:1, John 1:1 and John 10:36? Please!!

OlaAjia:

Funny as it may seem, many chapters in your bible were added many years after the death of Jesus(A.S.W).

That's another Islamic stereotype that Muhammad has short-changed you guys with. Question: When did the Bible not have "Son of God" in the Gospel accounts before your supposed many chapters that "were added many years after the death Jesus"? A second question: How many, and what specific chapters, 'were added many years after the death of Jesus' - and in what year(s), and by who precisely?

I'll be glad to know when and by whom Mark 1:1, John 1:1 and John 10:36 'were added many years after the death of Jesus'.

OlaAjia:

This possibly explains the high level of imperfection present in a "Divine" book supposedly revealed by a Perfect being. I though find it very interesting that despite the fact that these claims are true, your faith arrogance has forced you not to testify to the truth.

Testify to what 'truth' exactly - the multiplied lies that the self-declared Quraish 'prophet' presented to you? Sorry, my "faith arrogance" forbids me from euphemizing his lies to any semblance of 'truth'. As for the Divine Book revealed by a Perfect Being, your complaint and whining is like condemning the same "Allah" of the Qur'an who claimed to have sent down, confirmed and revealed that same Book! If the Divine Book was not revealed and was consequently corrupted, then the 'Allah' of the Qur'an ought to have known better than to have "supposedly revealed" it!

There's no pretending the fact that the Bible would be translated into many languages - and for all that, many people would try to twist scripture and change its meaning. Many of such abound in the market, just as there are many spurious translations of the Qur'an in the market today. Biblical scholars have exposed most of those spurious versions for what they are; and Christians have lost nothing in the essential message of the Bible - the Divine Sonship of Jesus Christ; His Humanity and Deity; His Lordship and Salvation for the world; the wonderful promises of God; the prophecies of God's dealings; and the soon coming back of Jesus Christ to establish everlasting righteousness.

Even so, have you forgotten to look closer home to your dogmatic sentimentality? The Qur'an was written ('compiled' is only a pun) by several men who had no divine commission, nor any leading of God upon their lives and hearts. Every one of its chapters from start to finish were politically "arranged" by men; and subsequent copies politically drafted while all original copies were destroyed by the third caliph that ruled the day - Caliph Uthman! I would be glad to take this up in some detail if you so request.

In just the same way as you alleged, it's my submission then that the 'Allah' of the Qur'an couldn't keep 'his book' from the raging fires of the Caliph Uthman that destroyed them - yes or no? And as a matter of consequence, what Muslims read today is not the revelation of Allah but the document handed down by the powerful Caliph Uthman.

OlaAjia:

It would not cost me a thing to prove my claims and I will do just that however, in modesty, I will use few proofs, except you demand for more. I present the bible to you 4get me:
Who incited David to count the fighting men of Israel?

If you're copying and re-posting what you've ferreted from a Skeptic website, there's more to add to the list you're presenting on the Forum. Don't forget also that such Skeptic sites have a version for the Quran as well, and you can access it here: Skeptic's Annotated Qur'an.

OlaAjia:

Unfortunately, the bible had been altered right before the time of the Prophet(s.a.w) and the Prophet was very well aware of this and that is why Muslims took the very difficult but profitable precautions to preserve the Quran in its original text.
Please not that I'm not perfect in answering questions, but I hope I have been able to satisfy your questions.

First, the Qur'an you read today is a political redaction of the third Caliph (Uthman) and his team - let's not make pretences about that. Second, you may not be perfect in answering questions (just as I'm not), but you've dribbled round the issues raised in my concerns posted earlier (scroll up and see). What did the 'Gospel' contain when the 'Allah' of the Qur'an sent down, confirmed and revealed it to Jesus - did it not have Mark 1:1, John 1:1 and 10:36 that clearly declared Jesus as the Son of God and God Himself?? When were these verses added and by whom? It's either you face up to that, or the claims in the Qur'an about a knowledge and revelation of the Gospel are bogus.

When you address the present issues and not dribble round them, then I'll show you what you missed in your skeptic quotes of the Old Testament.

Regards.
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jul 09, 2006
Good talk 4get_ me.
I really do encourage the olaajia and the lahlaxia guy to continue in their quest of the holy scriptures there are a few testimonies of people like them that had miraculous conversions in their quests,actually an Islamic guy got converted to Christianity by reading the "holy" koran specifically the area about Christ returning to wage war and Him and his followers winning.
The guy was smart enough to put two and two together and reasoned that this Christ must be simply too much when even the Koran declared him a winner at the end why waste time with Mo.

4get_me please can you give us the above reference from the "holy"koran
or any of the muslims reading this.

Show me any muslim converts in Nigeria and I'll show you a man with Naira signs in his eyes,I'm sure y'all catch my drift.
Islam cannot change any man for better,only Jesus The Christ can.
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by OlaAjia(m): 2:14am On Jul 10, 2006
@4get_me,

Thanks for that site. It was really helpful. I never even knew that something like that existed. I was surprised to note that even the Biblical laws concerning cutting of hands and putting sinners to death are harsher than the Quranic ones. grin grin grin.

To go straight to the point 4get_me, I do not understand what you mean by "I appreciate the fact that your Islamic stereotype helps your ignorance even in your arguments", I will however try to be clear and concise in my reply to you. Unfortunately 4get_me, since it is clear to me that the Bible has suffered alterations, and there appears to be controversy on what and what-not to believe, I only settle for the verses of the bible that conform with the teachings of the Quran that I claim is still as intact as it was at the time of revelation, in order to be on the safe side. As laughable as my claim may be, it is true! I consider Allah to be absolutely Perfect, and as a result, will not expect a perfect being to make those mistakes realized in the bible. The Bible that was referred to in the Quran is the book that was sent down to Jesus, from God, which has lost its Original meanings, thanks to its translators, whose sole aim was to merge the doctrine of Jesus with those of the pagans, so that more people will accept it, but in the process, loose the essence of the Message of Jesus. As I do not want to make this post unnecessarily long and boring for readers, I will only refer you to the sites that prove that the chapters 'Mark' and 'John' were written years after the death of Christ. Check http://www.mustardseed.net/html/pemark.html and http://wywy.essortment.com/johngospelbibl_ryib.htm. Many chapters in the new Testament pose a lot of questions as to their authenticity, because not only do they contradict some chapters in the Old testament, they also contradict those in the same new testament. These contradictions are enough to prove alterations through inconsistency.
You say that if the Bible really underwent consequent corruption, then Allah should have known better than to have revealed it. Truly, there is no doubt that Allah knew what was going to happen, but come to think of it this way. If you run a boarding school, should you because of those students that waste food, deny the few that don't waste it their meal? Better put this way: Allah also knew that it will guide a few people aright, and it did!
For your Information, unlike the Bible you read, the Quran came directly to prophet Muhammed(p.b.u.h), from Allah, through Angel Gabriel. As the Prophet recited it, it was written down on rocks, and back of trees, among other materials by his companions. It was compiled and reviewed before the death of the Prophet with angel Gabriel. Caliph Uthman only authorized its reproduction, so that there would be enough to be distributed to the places where Islam was spread, but I can assure you that it is still in its original text, and there is nothing to hide.

It is now your turn to show me "what I missed in my skeptic quotes of the old testament".

Please note that any mistake I make is my mistake, and any truth I say is what Islam has thought me. So please do not find reasons to attribute my mistakes to the teachings of Islam. Thanks for your co-operation. I have also tried to be as concise as possible, so you can highlight any of your questions that I have omitted, as my omissions are not intended.
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by LAHLAXZA(m): 2:38am On Jul 10, 2006
Thats what i am talking about olaajia, let them know, the dont understand the depth of knowledge that is ISLAM.
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by OlaAjia(m): 2:40am On Jul 10, 2006
@Babyosisi

Your proclaiming that Jesus is just too much is very correct. I personally believe that Jesus is too much. Yes he will come back and save humanity from the wrath of the Anti-Christ. Any body of Jesus' calibre is surely a winner. I must also make you know that I am a follower of Jesus. I believe in his true teachings. Believe me Bayosisi, nobody is wasting time with Prophet Muhammed(saw), as he has only come to confirm the initial message Jesus brought. Babyosisi, I can proudly say Jesus was a monotheist. He only preached the existence of One God and worshiped that God. He even preached Monotheism, for instance,Mark 10:17-18 records one of Jesus' clearest affirmations of monotheism. When a man addressed him as "Good Teacher," Jesus answered: "Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God" (New King James Version).
You cannot claim that Jesus was a Christian because I see no sense in you worshiping yourself as the Bible itself says and I quote LUKE 6:11-13
"11 But they were filled with rage, and discussed with one another what they might do to Jesus.
12 Now it came to pass in those days that He went out to the mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God.
13 And when it was day, He called His disciples to Him; and from them He chose twelve whom He also named apostles:" The only explanation to this is that Jesus was not God and was indeed subject to God (A messanger and Prophet of God). So what makes you insinuate that his followers are Christians?
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by kellorah: 2:41am On Jul 10, 2006
not all of dem hat christians. jst dem extremist ones dats all
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by OlaAjia(m): 2:43am On Jul 10, 2006
Thanks very much LAHLAXZA. May Allah increase us all in knowledge and guide us to the right path.
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by Softee(f): 3:04am On Jul 10, 2006
LAHLAXZA:

LET YOUR RELIGION BE YOURS AND MINE BE MINE .HISTORICALLY PEOPLE HAVE MISUNDERSTOOD RELIGIOUS CONTENTS AND HAVE USED RELIGION AS A VEIL FOR PERSONAL AND POLITICAL MOTIVES .WHY SHOULD ISLAM BE ANY DIFFERENT? . I DONT HATE ANY CHRISTAIN FOR BEING A CHRISTAIN SO THAT MAKES THIS THREAD VERY BOGUS BECAUSE IF I SHOULD GO BY IT ALONE I WOULD ASSSUME ALL MULIMS HATE CHRISTAINS FOR BEING CHRISTAINS , AND THAT IS SO NOT TRUE.

P.S SOFTEE YOU SEEM TO GO ABOUT Nairaland POSTING THREADS WRIITEN IN LANGUAGE THAT LACKS RELIGIOUS SENSITIVITY TOWARDS MUSLIMS.JUST IN CASE YOU DONT KNOW, IT IS [b]CHILDISH AND HIGHLY IRRESP[/b]ONSIBLE REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOUR MOTIVES ARE.

I'm sprry if i have offended you in any way but i am a girl who speaks the truth by what i see. I cannot sit here and lie to people. The demon behind everything has to be EXPOSED. I understand that some of my lanugage might have come across unfriendly, this is not what Jesus would have liked me to do and i will be the first to admit i have, in some situations, acted not very christianly.

I love everybody for who they are, not what they belive in, HOWEVER, their comes a point in a christian life that you become ignited by the holy spirit and you can't hold it in, you just have to PREACH.

God bless you.
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by Softee(f): 3:16am On Jul 10, 2006
OlaAjia,

What beautiful replies are you referring to? No muslim has answered my question that how can a GOOD God tell you to fight in his name? I mean everybody knows what violence leads to, this just does not add up to me. I also have many more questions that has yet to be answered.

How can a good God tell you to fight those who fight you?
How can a good God tell you every muslim must be willing to fight until they give you peace?
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by blakconjee: 4:01am On Jul 10, 2006
Softee,

maybe you should read the verses below again. Maybe this time they will make better sense to you. Be objective please. Thank you. N/B. Have highlighted some areas to accentuate their importance to the understanding of the message of the verses.

2:190 Fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you, but begin not hostilities. Lo! Allah loveth not aggressors.

2:191 And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. And fight not with them at the Inviolable Place of Worship until they first attack you there, but if they attack you (there) then slay them. Such is the reward of disbelievers.

2:192 But if they desist, then lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

2:193 And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah. But if they desist, then let there be no hostility except against wrong-doers.

Olaajia and LAHLAXZA, I hail you for your good grasp of the issues relating to the politics of the 'hating' of Islam. May Allah (SAW) continue to give us wisdom and strenght to continue to fight this Jihad in the most peaceful of ways. Amin.
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by Softee(f): 4:29am On Jul 10, 2006
blakconjee:

Softee,

maybe you should read the verses below again. Maybe this time they will make better sense to you. Be objective please. Thank you. N/B. Have highlighted some areas to accentuate their importance to the understanding of the message of the verses.

2:190 Fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you, but begin not hostilities. Lo! Allah loveth not aggressors.

2:191 And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. And fight not with them at the Inviolable Place of Worship until they first attack you there, but if they attack you (there) then slay them. Such is the reward of disbelievers.

2:192 But if they desist, then lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

2:193 And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah. But if they desist, then let there be no hostility except against wrong-doers.

Olaajia and LAHLAXZA, I hail you for your good grasp of the issues relating to the politics of the 'hating' of Islam. May Allah (SAW) continue to give us wisdom and strenght to continue to fight this Jihad in the most peaceful of ways. Amin.

Thank you for trying to make this clearer for me but it still seems very wrong to me and my questions were not answered fully. Showing me that Allah only wants you to fight if another person starts it does not shed any light on my view.

Regardless of they way in which you should fight or who starts it. A GOOD God will not tell you to fight back.

Slay them if they attack you first!! how can a good God say this, i don't get it.

Blakconjee, OlaAjia, LAHLAXZA

Let me tell you something. God is good. Vengeance is his. You leave things in his hands and get on with your walk using Jesus as your personal saviour and role model. You cannot spend your life fighting those who fight you because then what kind of life will you have! I am not saying this to make you feel bad, i am just saying the truth. The truth shall set you free.

I'm sorry if the subject was a bit intimidating, i didn't really know much about what the Anti-Christ was when i posted it but since, i have learnt. I also know now that ALL muslims do not hate christians and certainly are not the Anti-Christ.

God bless and the Lord knows i'm sorry if i offended.
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by LAHLAXZA(m): 4:40am On Jul 10, 2006
Softee the reason why you cant understand why Allah wants us to attack those who attack us is because you are judging our teachings by christain standards that permit you to stand still and offer the other cheek when struck on one.If you respect the fact our religions differ with regards to those teachings you might be able to get over it.

P.s your sincere apologies are accepted with regards to your prior language.No hard fellings here!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12)

Leave Islam Or Accept Polygamy... / My Dad: Aremu Gawat Is Not Dead, He Is Still Missing / Lunar Eclipse: See What The Prophet Instructed Us To Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.