Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge (13528 Views)

What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi / PDP Spent N2.5bn On Presidential Poll Adverts, APC N728m – Report / Anxiety Over Cracks On N2.5bn Jonathan Commissioned Flyover In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by bossinie: 8:59pm On Oct 06, 2011
Eko Ile:

No, but it means you don't know jack about this particular project and it's financing or what was actually done and if you do, let's see it or STFU.

I did not ask you about standard procedures, I asked you about this particular project. Are you part of the financing team or banks? If you are not, then STFU.

Is not not dumbness and madness to keep jumping up and down over what you don't have and know nothing about? Sounds insane obviously.
You are the one making the baseless charges, not me. The burden is on you to back up your idiocy with with facts and if you don't have the necessary facts to support your nonsense, you can not intelligently offer any credible reasoning about this project beyond your dumb opinions.

Logical reasoning is opinion based and it's yet to be defined as credible facts so STFU till you have documented facts to support your moronic opinions.

I have further realized that a more deeper symptom to your "self-imposed ignorance" is partial mental deformity.

How else will you describe someone who says a project is not over-bloated even though he agrees that he is not technically competent to quantify the value of executed project but goes ahead to say a professional's evaluation with a guarantee to public debate is in-accurate even though he cannot prove otherwise??

Kindly,resist the temptation to impulsive blabbing's and you will save us the impression we have of you fast approaching a state of 'gaga'.
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by Beaf: 9:03pm On Oct 06, 2011
bossinie:

I have further realized that a more deeper symptom to your "self-imposed ignorance" is partial mental deformity.

How else will you describe a someone who says a project as not over-bloated even though he agrees that he is not technically competent to quantify the value of executed project but goes ahead to say a professional's evaluation with a guarantee to debate is in-accurate even though he cannot prove otherwise??

Kindly,resist the temptation to impulsive blabbing's and you will save us the impression we have of you a fast approaching a state of 'gaga'.

The bolded is very correct, sir. cool
That imp is a blight on NL.
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by debosky(m): 9:08pm On Oct 06, 2011
Beaf:

If a mere walkway cost 2.5billion and the bridge itself cost less than a billion, no be problem be dat? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Can you provide evidence that the Falomo bridge cost less than a billion to construct? More pertinently, would it cost less than a billion to construct today?
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by Beaf: 9:11pm On Oct 06, 2011
debosky:

Can you provide evidence that the Falomo bridge cost less than a billion to construct? More pertinently, would it cost less than a billion to construct today?

Would that justify the cost of the ramp or make the transaction look less corrupt?
Face your front jare!
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by aljharem3: 9:14pm On Oct 06, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin

eko ile and co trying to defend a government spending 2.5 billion naira on a few meters bridge need to have their heads checked.

so if he wants to build 10 kilometre bridge how much would he spend ??

Na wa o.
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by debosky(m): 9:22pm On Oct 06, 2011
Beaf:

Would that justify the cost of the ramp or make the transaction look less corrupt?
Face your front jare!

As usual you've shown you're a daft simpleton. Why make claims if they have no basis in reality?
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by PointB: 9:23pm On Oct 06, 2011
alj_harem:

grin grin grin grin grin

eko ile and co trying to defend a government spending 2.5 billion naira on a few meters bridge need to have their heads checked.

Na wa o.

Sharrap there you chameleon, were you not part of those hailing fashola a few post away; now you crawl out from some hole after seeing your folly to state otherwise. Anyway better late than never, crafty cunning aboki.
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by Rhino5dm: 9:25pm On Oct 06, 2011
Are you smooking hasish and waiting for your suicide kit to be making hypocritical comments on thesame thraeds?? what are your intentions?? Alhaji Boko Haram??

you posted this. . .

alj_harem:

grin grin grin grin grin

Na wa o.

and earlier on on thesame thread you posted this. . .

alj_harem

Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge
« #1 on: Yesterday at 10:14:57 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allah has bless this country with like of Fashola.  

Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by aljharem3: 9:30pm On Oct 06, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Are smooking hasish and waiting for your suicide kit to be making hypocritical comments on thesame thraeds?? what are your intentions?? Alhaji Boko Haram??

you posted this. . .

and earlier on on thesame thread you posted this. . .

Allah bless fashola does not mean I am with him spending 2.5bn on a few meters bridge

Fashola is trying for lagos and I commend him for that. but 2.5bn is just an hyper inflated value in my opinion that does not mean he is not an action gov.

Do not try to defend the obvious, which is ; it is over inflated
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by Beaf: 9:31pm On Oct 06, 2011
debosky:

As usual you've shown you're a daft simpleton. Why make claims if they have no basis in reality?

And you've shown you are a fool trying to defend corruption. I'm here laughing.
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by arsenefc: 9:35pm On Oct 06, 2011
^^^

He wasnt defending Fashola.

He is on our side.
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by PointB: 9:39pm On Oct 06, 2011
alj_harem:

Allah bless fashola does not mean I am with him spending 2.5bn on a few meters bridge

Fashola is trying for lagos and I commend him for that. but 2.5bn is just an hyper inflated value in my opinion that does not mean he is not an action gov.

You have no conviction nor conscience; malleable people like you are easy prey for Boko Haram recruiters. I wont be surprised if you are not already a member.

One minutes, you are praising him, next minute you are hailing him. Cowardly pretender, with no squabble! Sad.

Anyway, the contract is super inflated, and couldn't have been done with the 'action' governor's fashola consent! end off!
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by Rhino5dm: 9:48pm On Oct 06, 2011
Defend the obvious?? what do you know about construction?? Better STFU and allow costing engineers talk.

If you care to know my position on this thread and the 2.5billion cost. . . then here is it. The price is on the high side and does not neceesary translates to corruption/bribe. As we have to consider alot of factors here

1. The consultant and costing engineers may be the one scrapping out their returns(by directly inflating the cost)

2.The governmnet officials may want to get a large kick backs

3. The costing of the project might have been done in terms of future value of money, since the governmnet is not paying until after 30 years(If i get that part right)
                            1.5billion naira should be what amount after 30 years 2.5billion

4. The quality of the project may be beyond standard , which can translate directly to extra cost.

5. maintenance cost may have been included on the intial cost. How much do you think will cost to maintain that bridge for 30 years?? just asking. . .

alj_harem:

Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by werepeLeri: 9:51pm On Oct 06, 2011
I love it when people double talk. LOL
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by debosky(m): 9:56pm On Oct 06, 2011
Beaf:

And you've shown you are a fool trying to defend corruption. I'm here laughing.

Like I said, you are a daft simpleton - keep laughing at your abhorrent stupidity.

I don't know why your ilk feel it is necessary to tell shamefaced lies to make a point.
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by Beaf: 10:02pm On Oct 06, 2011
debosky:

Like I said, you are a daft simpleton - keep laughing at your abhorrent stupidity.

I don't know why your ilk feel it is necessary to tell shamefaced lies to make a point.

Dude, you can keep carrying your long held grudge like a chip on your shoulder; it doesn't bother me one bit, I can't mop up your tears, I'll just be here laughing my head off.
Run along now, fool. Lol!

@topic
I imagine that several people from Lagos will be joining Ikuforiji in EFCC's net. cool
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by werepeLeri: 10:10pm On Oct 06, 2011
Yeah - we be laughing at them and mop their cries for them. LOL
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by dayokanu(m): 10:37pm On Oct 06, 2011
Egbon mi,

How much does it take to RENOVATE 10 primary schools In Delta?
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by EkoIle1: 10:43pm On Oct 06, 2011
alj_harem:

grin grin grin grin grin
Na wa o.

edit-

Until you show me where and how the state spent any money on any bridge, this dumb post remains another one of your many ignorant and ill informed ramblings.

It's really not by force to keep yelling my name every time you feel the need to display how dumb and silly you are,

You are a weak and mentally empty entity with no original thoughts, you are not your own person, all you do is follow follow, sometimes you don't even know what you are following because you are too dumb to formulate your own sane and rational thoughts.

Some idiot said PPP and your dumb a's's jumped in like a damn puccyyy without even knowing the meaning, now you are again doing follow follow against your own previous posts in this same thread just to show us again how senseless and non principled idiot you are.

Are we reading the same article or as usual, your follow follow got the best of you?

At lease the clowns jumping around with their usual silly and pointless ramblings have enough guts to put their mouth where their idiocy is, but you have no soul, you are too lazy and incompetent to be your own man.

How do I even respect a clown with no personal convictions and principles?

You really have other worries begging for your immediate attention.
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by RuuDie(m): 5:21am On Oct 07, 2011
Whilst the cost of the entire project should be a worry but what should concern us the most as road users/motorists is the 'necessity' of the bridge. . . . . .does it in any way help to considerably ease traffic woes around the affected areas as it should!!? Otherwise, it would just be a two-way loss.
We all know the failings of Eko right from inception has been the improper planning/sitings of many of this facilities, so there's every possibility that this is just another addition to what's been in existence. I am currently not in Lag, so I look forward to responses from road users about the bridge or ramp or whatever.
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by EkoIle1: 5:34am On Oct 07, 2011
RuuDie:

Whilst the cost of the entire project should be a worry but what should concern us the most as road users/motorists is the 'necessity' of the bridge. . . . . .does it in any way help to considerably ease traffic woes around the affected areas as it should!!? Otherwise, it would just be a two-way loss.
We all know the failings of Eko right from inception has been the improper planning/sitings of many of this facilities, so there's every possibility that this is just another addition to what's been in existence. I am currently not in Lag, so I look forward to responses from road users about the bridge or ramp or whatever.

Any reason why we should lose sleep over what private companies spend on their projects? Are private companies answerable to tax payers or their own board which I'm sure approved the funding to start with and maybe their shareholders if they have any.

What's really our business?
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by Rhino5dm: 5:45am On Oct 07, 2011
you cannot distort facts and blackmail a super-achiever.

Sai Fashola 2015!
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by EagleNest(m): 6:05am On Oct 07, 2011
Honestly, that 'ramp' on Falomo Bridge is good for its purpose but I can't beleive that it gulped N2.5 bn. Why? For what reason will it cost that much? Is it decorated with gold? Haba!
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by aljharem3: 6:08am On Oct 07, 2011
EagleNest:

Honestly, that 'ramp' on Falomo Bridge is good for its purpose but I can't beleive that it gulped N2.5 bn. Why? For what reason will it cost that much? Is it decorated with gold? Haba!

thank you, my argument exactly

fashola is doing a good job and i am impressed but 2.5 bn is just ridiculous
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by Bawss1(m): 9:14am On Oct 07, 2011
The amount spent on the ramp does appear to be exorbitant but all these cries of blue murder from PDP goons is just hypocritical.
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by werepeLeri: 9:30am On Oct 07, 2011
can someone list Fashola's project since inception and the cost?
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by RuuDie(m): 10:07am On Oct 07, 2011
Eko Ile:

Any reason why we should lose sleep over what private companies spend on their projects? Are private companies answerable to tax payers or their own board which I'm sure approved the funding to start with and maybe their shareholders if they have any.

What's really our business?

I want to be believe we are on the same page. . . . .I know next to nothing about construction/engineering/project management; I am not that business-oriented, so I am not criticizing or lauding what has been done. For me, that comes much later. I tend not to dwell so much on the present cost but rather on the long-term gains.
Hopefully, I will ply the route consistently and see firsthand if the bridge or ramp is worth being there.
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by bossinie: 11:22am On Oct 07, 2011

If you care to know my position on this thread and the 2.5billion cost. . . then here is it. The price is on the high side and does not neceesary translates to corruption/bribe. As we have to consider alot of factors here

[s]1. The consultant and costing engineers may be the one scrapping out their returns(by directly inflating the cost)[/s]

[s]2.The governmnet officials may want to get a large kick backs[/s]

You ended up contradicting yourself with the above assumptions possibly as reasons for the over-inflated cost which are the very reasons for bribery/corruption in public service

[s]3.The costing of the project might have been done in terms of future value of money, since the governmnet is not paying until after 30 years(If i get that part right)
                            1.5billion naira should be what amount after 30 years 2.5billion[/s]

I wonder how you collect the post value of an investment project upfront before it starts to yield dividends?? The supposed project is no longer an investment but a liability since it's post value have been collected & pocketed today as we speak.I am sure that does not make any good business sense to any government seeking value for money spent either now or in the future.

[quote]

[s]4. The quality of the project may be beyond standard , which can translate directly to extra cost.[/s]

Sir,for every project there is what is called BOQ(Bill of quantities) this expressly outlines the scope,specification & value of the expected project so that both the sponsor of the project & contractor do not have any issues quantifying the extent of work done on at any point.If there are variations then both parties must agree with evidence clearly spelt-out in the revised BOQ. But from the look of things the scope is very specific and the 'ramp' is a single one not double.

[quote]

5. maintenance cost may have been included on the intial cost. How much do you think will cost to maintain that bridge for 30 years?? just asking. . .

This is also an assumption as it was not stated anywhere in the post that it included maintenance,what is clearly stated is "N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge".However if assertion may be anything to go by then padded costs to any project for future service is not only deceptive but criminal because Lagosians are the tax-payers and are not supposed to be billed for a service not yet in-view for the next 19years Haba!! that is very callous and inhuman. shocked 
[/quote][/quote]
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by SEGAD: 11:53am On Oct 07, 2011
I weep for Lagosians.

@Jason123, please come to Enugu and see serious road constructions.
ACN governors are noise makers.
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by EkoIle1: 11:58am On Oct 07, 2011
bossinie:

Like I said, if you can not show us any credible facts that depicts you as part of the financing team or banks involved in this project or if you are not in possession of any relevant documents relating to this project, you are just yarning dust out of your a.s.s.

Common sense dictates that if you lack relevant knowledge and facts about anything that you shut your mouth, please do just that, shut your mouth.

Btw, go learn how to quote, it's really easy.
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by EkoIle1: 12:11pm On Oct 07, 2011
RuuDie:

I want to be believe we are on the same page. . . . .I know next to nothing about construction/engineering/project management; I am not that business-oriented, so I am not criticizing or lauding what has been done. For me, that comes much later. I tend not to dwell so much on the present cost but rather on the long-term gains.
Hopefully, I will ply the route consistently and see firsthand if the bridge or ramp is worth being there.

I didn't say that, I basically asked questions.

If a private entity feels like spending gazillions on any project they are financing, that's their business, it's not the tax payers business. They are not answerable to the taxpayers, they are answerable to their board and shareholders, not me, not you.

The only concern for the taxpayers is making sure the company deliver a good and quality bridge and making sure the infrastructure solves our immediate problem.

The fact remains that this bridge belongs to the people of Lagos state clean and clear at the end of the concession.

All the noise by the usual suspects and loud mouths is nothing but the usual and routine NL ignorant blah blah, many don't even know what they are crying about. Have these loud mouth financed any project in their life? Of course not?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abdulmumuni Abiola: Nigeria Not Ripe For Youth President - MKO Abiola’s Son / Buhari Signs Mutual Assistance Bill To Prosecute Offenders Within, Outside Niger / Dapo Abiodun: I’ve Constructed More Roads Than Amosun, Daniel, Osoba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.