Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,136,037 members, 7,753,512 topics. Date: Saturday, 02 March 2024 at 05:03 AM

What Was the Worst Course/Subject You did Back In School? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Was the Worst Course/Subject You did Back In School? (666 Views)

About To Divorce My Husband Who Sponsored Me In School. / The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money / My Sister Is On The Verge Of Making The Worst Mistake Of Her Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Was the Worst Course/Subject You did Back In School? by Sonnobax15(m): 2:21pm On Jul 10, 2023
Mine was calculus...Yes,I mean the same calculus which I never liked as a subject back then in my secondary school days.....But somehow,it managed to find it's way, just to haunt me......
Finally the D-day came and my friends and I were already seated...... Calculus,it was.......And to remember how much hatred I had for mathematics as a whole had only made me a failure even before I sat for the exam.......And the fact that I also singlehandedly chose to offer civil engineering as a course just made me to feel like I was about to dig my own grave.......
My friends were all confident in me, hoping I'd come to their rescue just like I usually did in all our previous exam....Tho I tried to warn them of what was about to befall us,but they remained confident in me, thinking I'd pull up a magic......

To be continued......
Re: What Was the Worst Course/Subject You did Back In School? by Mabizeka: 2:22pm On Jul 10, 2023
Can you take me on keke from mainland to Abuja?
Re: What Was the Worst Course/Subject You did Back In School? by Sonnobax15(m): 2:27pm On Jul 10, 2023
I knew there was no way I'd go unpunished angry. Right inside the hall,I started having memories of various tutorials I attended just because of this particular course...I even subjected myself to studying all nights......One night,my banny even came to spend a night in my room,but to think that she bought and came along with a textbook on calculus and restricted me all through that night from lashing even made the whole matter worst undecided.

Coming back....
Re: What Was the Worst Course/Subject You did Back In School? by Sonnobax15(m): 2:31pm On Jul 10, 2023
On the inside,I felt I had already let myself,my dad,my banny and my friends who believed in me down.......But there was nothing I could do at this point......
As the supervisor walked in, majestically,his eyes fell straight,upon us......He knew something wasn't right........
"HEY,all of you should stand up",he instructed...
Why were you bending your necks like an ostrich",he questioned
"Nothing sir,"kevin,the most stubborn guy among us responded...
"You must be mad...In fact,all of you must be mad,"he continue to yell at us.....

At this point, other students began to laugh at us sad. Our doom was indeed staring at us...

"SIR, please allow us to copy small," another guy pleaded..

"Copy small kill you there...You must be a very stupid boy,"the supervisor fired at him....
Re: What Was the Worst Course/Subject You did Back In School? by PlayMaker14: 2:32pm On Jul 10, 2023
"ENT"

So boring back then.

4 Likes

Re: What Was the Worst Course/Subject You did Back In School? by Sonnobax15(m): 2:44pm On Jul 10, 2023
Well,the deed has been done already.....We all stood like stranded passengers waiting for a bus.......Over 30 minutes,we stood......And the same time hoping we'd be freed and allowed to continue writing our "RUBBISH" grin..... Exactly the last 10 minutes,that was when the supervisor instructed us to sit down.......I rested my head, shamefully upon my desk, weeping.....I realized I've failed myself, woefully.....How I managed to turn from the little brilliant OBAX in secondary school to a dullard in poly immediately became a mystery to me sad
As we walked out of the exam hall,we knew we were all going to come back the following year, prior to an extension...........But the question we never asked ourselves was that--"If it was going to be possible to return at all? And of which many of us couldn't!!!!! But whenever I look back now,I just wish I can go back, just to right many wrongs sad

So,guys and ladies,what was the worst course you ever did back in your university,or poly days? wink

Nlfpmod....
Re: What Was the Worst Course/Subject You did Back In School? by henrimoto(m): 3:05pm On Jul 10, 2023
...sonnobax.. no vex, change that "Offered" for your title to "Did".

1 Like

Re: What Was the Worst Course/Subject You did Back In School? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 10, 2023
For me it's a subject, and that subject is called mathematics.

I was never good at it to a point that during mathematics classes, I'd feel sleepy and was always in a hurry for the teacher to finish teaching.

I finally dropped it in high school, unknown to me that my dream job requires mathematics and physical science, which was meteorology.

But I made peace with it and continued without mathematics, I specifically chose law when I applied for tertiary education knowing that it doesn't necessarily require mathematics... It was only when I started attending my lectures that I attended this one lecture and I was surprised when I heard the lecturer started speaking about simultaneous equations.. grin grin grin

At first I thought I didn't hear her well, but my eyes confirmed what I heard when she started writing on the board about solving for X, the same X I failed to solve back in my early years in high school had come back to make my life a living hell.

I was like nooo, there must be some mistake somewhere, for a moment I thought I was lost and in a different lecture hall since I was still new, I looked around for familiar faces and I found them... I took out my proof of registration to confirm as to whether I really did register for the module because I didn't remember seeing mathematics on my proof of registration.

I checked and I was surprised that I had registered for it, but it was referred to as Basic Numeracy... I felt my temperature and heart rate increase.. grin grin grin... I was so pissed off, I was just looking at the lecturer like she was owing me some few thousand dollars... I'm sure if someone had approached me at that moment with an intention of just exchange friendly gestures, I'd have exploded... grin grin grin.. I didn't understand a thing that was coming out of her mouth, in my ears it sounded like she was speaking Greek.

I didn't even know how she got to her final answer, all I saw was six to seven steps of numbers and letters on the board.

When I got to my room, I called home and told them that law had mathematics and I didn't know if I should continue with it, they encouraged me not to give up that easily and just take a one step at a time... To cut the long story short, I ended up having five mathematics mentors.. grin grin grin.. Sometimes one would come in the morning, while the other would come in the afternoon, and another the following day... grin grin grin

And in the end, I passed it... grin grin grin.. It was only for first year.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was the Worst Course/Subject You did Back In School? by Sonnobax15(m): 9:06pm On Jul 10, 2023
Samantha124:

I was never good at it to a point that during mathematics classes, I'd feel sleepy and was always in a hurry for the teacher to finish teaching.

I finally dropped it in high school, unknown to me that my dream job requires mathematics and physical science, which was meteorology.

But I made peace with it and continued without mathematics, I specifically chose law when I applied for tertiary education knowing that it doesn't necessarily require mathematics... It was only when I started attending my lectures that I attended this one lecture and I was surprised when I heard the lecturer started speaking about simultaneous equations.. grin grin grin

At first I thought I didn't hear her well, but my eyes confirmed what I heard when she started writing on the board about solving for X, the same X I failed to solve back in my early years in high school had come back to make my life a living hell.

I was like nooo, there must be some mistake somewhere, for a moment I thought I was lost and in a different lecture hall since I was still new, I looked around for familiar faces and I found them... I took out my proof of registration to confirm as to whether I really did register for the module because I didn't remember seeing mathematics on my proof of registration.

I checked and I was surprised that I had registered for it, but it was referred to as Basic Numeracy... I felt my temperature and heart rate increase.. grin grin grin... I was so pissed off, I was just looking at the lecturer like she was owing me some few thousand dollars... I'm sure if someone had approached me at that moment with an intention of just exchange friendly gestures, I'd have exploded... grin grin grin.. I didn't understand a thing that was coming out of her mouth, in my ears it sounded like she was speaking Greek.

I didn't even know how she got to her final answer, all I saw was six to seven steps of numbers and letters on the board.

When I got to my room, I called home and told them that law had mathematics and I didn't know if I should continue with it, they encouraged me not to give up that easily and just take a one step at a time... To cut the long story short, I ended up having five mathematics mentors.. grin grin grin.. Sometimes one would come in the morning, while the other would come in the afternoon, and another the following day... grin grin grin

. I swear I can relate grin grin. Just like how I was surprised when I saw students of Accountancy doing Physics shocked. Well,lemme just say it's something we can't run away from.....And something students should always put at the back of their minds before enrolling into the university.
Re: What Was the Worst Course/Subject You did Back In School? by benzion72(m): 9:14pm On Jul 10, 2023
Biochemistry especially with metabolism of Carbohydrates
Re: What Was the Worst Course/Subject You did Back In School? by poshestmina(f): 9:34pm On Jul 10, 2023
Phonology and phonetics.

Na Inshallah I take pass them.
Re: What Was the Worst Course/Subject You did Back In School? by Sonnobax15(m): 10:13pm On Jul 10, 2023
poshestmina:
Phonology and phonetics.

Na Inshallah I take pass them.
. grin. Omoh,I dey feel am from here I swear down grin
Re: What Was the Worst Course/Subject You did Back In School? by Sonnobax15(m): 10:13pm On Jul 10, 2023
benzion72:
Biochemistry especially with metabolism of Carbohydrates
. Chemistry and mathematics were my worst subjects ever.
Re: What Was the Worst Course/Subject You did Back In School? by IbnB: 12:40am On Jul 11, 2023
Samantha124:

Then you should stay away from business or company law because it's a whole world of mathematics in there

1 Like

Re: What Was the Worst Course/Subject You did Back In School? by Mindlog: 12:48am On Jul 11, 2023
Secondary school was biology.

University was Neuropharmacolgy, a mix of the biology I hated and chemistry, I hated pro max......I hear am but YouTube videos came to the rescue as it helped me visualize the brain and how different drugs affect it.
Re: What Was the Worst Course/Subject You did Back In School? by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:33am On Jul 11, 2023
Sonnobax15:

Yet you still chose an Engineering course??

That's not fair to the discipline nau.
Re: What Was the Worst Course/Subject You did Back In School? by brain54(m): 12:26pm On Jul 11, 2023
Two courses actually…

Logic and scientific Reasoning and the other was statistics

The logic lecturer was the worst to ever stand in front of a class to pass knowledge. Dude was so dull and boring in his method of teaching that MORE than half the class would be sleeping. I admit even me slept of in a couple of his classes. And I am usually alert during lectures and have never ever slept off in any other class.

The crazy thing is dude wouldn’t bother to wake up anyone that doses off while teaching. So Imagine a lecturer teaching and half the class catching a few winks while the lecturer keeps on unperturbed.

It’s almost like teaching an empty class.

At end of the semester result comes out and like 95% of students fail the course. Like fail!

The lecturer had to be sacked by the school and the course retaken by all the students.

That dude had to be the worst lecturer ever.

The second on my list has to be statistics… I never really liked maths anyway and this particular lecturer I disliked.

Statistics is the ONLY course I ever failed outright and had as a carry over course. Even counting from primary school days.

Some teachers need therapy!
Re: What Was the Worst Course/Subject You did Back In School? by Purvan(m): 12:53pm On Jul 11, 2023
Chemistry

I hated the subject all life and one main of the reason I chose engineering because I thought I wouldn't do anything chem again till I enter uni
Re: What Was the Worst Course/Subject You did Back In School? by wunmi590(m): 2:01pm On Jul 11, 2023
Re: What Was the Worst Course/Subject You did Back In School? by Blackmoran(m): 4:55pm On Jul 11, 2023
Me, stastictis and logic...
Re: What Was the Worst Course/Subject You did Back In School? by Dybala11(m): 6:22pm On Jul 29, 2023
Sonnobax15:
A man's food is anothers poison. 😮😮😮
Re: What Was the Worst Course/Subject You did Back In School? by Dybala11(m): 6:27pm On Jul 29, 2023
brain54:
Two courses actually…

Logic and scientific Reasoning and the other was statistics

The logic lecturer was the worst to ever stand in front of a class to pass knowledge. Dude was so dull and boring in his method of teaching that MORE than half the class would be sleeping. I admit even me slept of in a couple of his classes. And I am usually alert during lectures and have never ever slept off in any other class.

The crazy thing is dude wouldn’t bother to wake up anyone that doses off while teaching. So Imagine a lecturer teaching and half the class catching a few winks while the lecturer keeps on unperturbed.

It’s almost like teaching an empty class.

At end of the semester result comes out and like 95% of students fail the course. Like fail!

The lecturer had to be sacked by the school and the course retaken by all the students.

That dude had to be the worst lecturer ever.

The second on my list has to be statistics… I never really liked maths anyway and this particular lecturer I disliked.

Statistics is the ONLY course I ever failed outright and had as a carry over course. Even counting from primary school days.

Some teachers need therapy!
The worst course I did during my university days was probably in 300 level, it is an industrial chemistry course offered by a female lecturer. Her teaching methods is next to zero, every student I asked about the course were also feeling frustrated with the lecturer. Since then, I always try to avoid doing any elective course the lecturer is in charge of. Thank God she wasn't the one in charge of Organic chemistry courses or I'd have been frustrated out of the department.
Re: What Was the Worst Course/Subject You did Back In School? by Dybala11(m): 6:27pm On Jul 29, 2023
Purvan:
Chemistry

I hated the subject all life and one main of the reason I chose engineering because I thought I wouldn't do anything chem again till I enter uni
Wow, that bad??
Re: What Was the Worst Course/Subject You did Back In School? by Dybala11(m): 6:31pm On Jul 29, 2023
Blackmoran:
Me, stastictis and logic...
Having a good basis in further mathematics helped me a lot in my second year in which statistics was a compulsory course. I still remembered doing Normal distribution, binomial distribution and so on, things I was taught the basis in high school. I had to go back and get further mathematics project by Tuttuh-Adegun or so, to get myself back on the right track.
Is it logic taught in philosophy classes you're referring to??
Re: What Was the Worst Course/Subject You did Back In School? by ecolime(m): 7:16pm On Jul 29, 2023
Engineering drawing. Hated the course ehn 😡
Re: What Was the Worst Course/Subject You did Back In School? by ezugegere(m): 7:16pm On Jul 29, 2023
Pharmacology. Imagine sitting for over 6 hrs on top one lecture, from 8am to 4pm sometimes. He came only Saturdays. The guy ruined our weekends.
Re: What Was the Worst Course/Subject You did Back In School? by Mindlog: 8:10pm On Jul 29, 2023
ezugegere:
Pharmacology. Imagine sitting for over 6 hrs on top one lecture, from 8am to 4pm sometimes. He came only Saturdays. The guy ruined our weekends.

After 3 hrs, learning is not happening anymore!

1 Like

Re: What Was the Worst Course/Subject You did Back In School? by Dogalmighty17: 11:44pm On Jul 29, 2023
Econometrics.
I don't need to say much.
Re: What Was the Worst Course/Subject You did Back In School? by SeaTrade(m): 11:48pm On Jul 29, 2023
GST
ENGINEERING DRAWING,tueh angry
Re: What Was the Worst Course/Subject You did Back In School? by Makamatic: 11:58pm On Jul 29, 2023
Design of structures
Re: What Was the Worst Course/Subject You did Back In School? by EducatedMind369: 12:01am On Jul 30, 2023
Gst.
Re: What Was the Worst Course/Subject You did Back In School? by Sonnobax15(m): 5:54pm On Aug 13, 2023
ecolime:
Engineering drawing. Hated the course ehn 😡
. I wish you hated that course more than I did back then......Cuz I even hated the lecturer join self undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Being born in a dysfunctional household…. Rants / What Will U Do When Ur Girl Friend Belive People Saying Than Yours / Who Would You Save In An Emergency: Wife/hubby Or Son?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.