Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro Internet Configuration For Globacom - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro Internet Configuration For Globacom (10976 Views)

Htc Desire S Or Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro / Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? / MTN/Glo GPRS Configuration for Windows Smartphones? (2) (3) (4)

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro Internet Configuration For Globacom by Nobody: 5:47am On Oct 06, 2011
i use a Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini pro with Glo line. it baffles me but my phone just won't browse. and when i check under access point names it shows that its configured as i see the glo mobile internet and Glo MMS settings. yet any app i try to launch that requires internet connection doesnt work. for this reason i can't access the android app market to love-vendor my phone. is there something else i need to do or a setting i got wrong somewhere? These settings on my phone were sent to me automatically, i tried to do what i read on glo website by typing ACTIVATE and sending to 444 but the message won't deliver.

Please any one using this make should please advise me
Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro Internet Configuration For Globacom by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:10pm On Oct 06, 2011
create a new apn with gloflat if u have subscribed.

if you did not subscribe, it will simply use your credit @ 15kobo per sec. but i believe it wont even work sef, glo nor dey allow smartfone browse withot active data plan.

create a new APN.

NAME: gloflat

APN: gloflat

USERNAME: flat

PASSWORD: flat

leave all other spaces blank.

make sure you choose that APN as the active one.

if you want to subscribe, load 1k, send a text with the word ACTIVATE to 127, they will reply, choose the ALL DAY PLANS, then ALWAYS MICRO

if after all this it still does not work, sell the phone, its smarter than you are
Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro Internet Configuration For Globacom by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 09, 2011
na wah to you oh, my smartness is not in doubt but this issue just tire me. no success as at yet.

please if anyone has this type of phone kindly get in touch with me so we can rub minds.
Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro Internet Configuration For Globacom by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 15, 2011
So i finally got the phone to browse using a wireless connection and later on my MTN line (MTN setup was easy and automated, Glo na wah). after that subscribed to a Glo plan and browsing is all good now with the Glo line.

The next issue was when trying to link my phone to my Google account the response was always:

"can't establish a reliable data connection to the server. This could be a temporary problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues call customer care nigeria"

Androids phones like BIS and Blackberry are useless without internet connection, a Google account. Finally got this tip online which worked:

Open Youtube App and then sign in and sync, once you do that you'll be able to log into the android market App from where you can now proceed to love-vendor your phone.

The next issue while trying to love-vendor my phone was ''Missing devices on the Android Market website". The solution appears to be first downloading an item from the Market app on the phone. That i'm currently doing, fingers crossed.

the initial apps i'm looking towards downloading to love-vendor my phone include Astro File manager, Opera mini and any good and free call recorder.

laters.
Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro Internet Configuration For Globacom by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 15, 2011
So i just downloaded the Astro File Manager, Opera-mini and Allcallrecorder apps. (I've since downloaded the MyPhoneExplorer app which enabled me sync my Sony Ericsson phone book with my Microsoft Office outlook contact list on my laptop) and so far so good.
Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro Internet Configuration For Globacom by Demdem(m): 10:19am On Oct 20, 2011
4llerbuntu:

create a new apn with gloflat if u have subscribed.

if you did not subscribe, it will simply use your credit @ 15kobo per sec. but i believe it wont even work sef, glo nor dey allow smartfone browse withot active data plan.

create a new APN.

NAME: gloflat

APN: gloflat

USERNAME: flat

PASSWORD: flat

leave all other spaces blank.

make sure you choose that APN as the active one.

if you want to subscribe, load 1k, send a text with the word ACTIVATE to 127, they will reply, choose the ALL DAY PLANS, then ALWAYS MICRO

[s]if after all this it still does not work, sell the phone, its smarter than you are[/s]

I av tried all these but still isnt working. what else can i do?
Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro Internet Configuration For Globacom by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 30, 2011
So after the stress of getting my phone to browse and linking up the device with my Google account in order to open up Market, the apps I've ended up downloading to date just to be able to use the phone comfortably are listed below. Didn't go through this much stress to be able to enjoy my Nokia E63.

1)A Simple call Log (cos the default call log sucks)

2)AllCallRecorder (for auto call recording, VoxTrack on Symbian was way better)

3)Astro (A FileManager to be able to navigate my memory card)

4)ColorNote (To enable me scribble down long notes for reference purposes. The default note sucked)

5)MyPhoneExplorer Client (For synching phonebook with Microsoft Outlook)

6)Barnacle Wifi Tether (To enable me use the phone as a modem to browse on my laptop. To be able to use this App i had to first "root" my phone. Google "SuperOneClick". Was lead on to all this because Globacom offers free data rewards when you load cards of high denominations. Read this http://www.patchworkoftips.com/glo-nigeria-free-browsing-plans/950/)

7)Opera Mini (Duh, to browse of course)

Buying A New Flagship Smartphone, Here Are Five Things To Consider Before Buying / How Much Is Nokia C6 Or Nokia X6 / Fixed : How To Fix Message Not Sent On Gionee M2 |