Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,663 members, 7,798,081 topics. Date: Monday, 15 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

The Consequence Of Believing That Nothing Can Change In Nigeria(THE OPEN DRUGS ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Consequence Of Believing That Nothing Can Change In Nigeria(THE OPEN DRUGS ! (294 Views)

The Consequence Of Dogara's Endorsement Of Atiku Among NE Christians / Cows Invade Awka Library Despite The Open Grazing Ban In Southern Nigeria- Video / Gagdi: Pantami's Pro-Al-Qaeda Views Have Consequence On Perception Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Consequence Of Believing That Nothing Can Change In Nigeria(THE OPEN DRUGS ! by Jman06(m): 1:41pm On Jul 11, 2023
The consequence of believing that nothing can change in Nigeria and that it'll always be business as usual is that you'll be caught unawares and swept away by the tides of change when it comes.

This is the case with operators of illegal open drug markets in Nigeria today. Government has given them enough time to prepare for relocation to a better environment where they can be easily regulated as stipulated by law, but many of them have remained adamant believing that Nigeria can never change and as such they'll always be able to bribe their way through.

Even when the laws have been clearly spelt out, the ignoramuses would not do the right thing now. Some of them would prefer to go and disgrace themselves in court like they recently did in Kano where the merchants of death among them tried to alter the course of change by going to court against the federal government's gazetted law on drugs distribution and wholesales as espoused in the PCN act. The learned lawyers of the court simply threw out the suit for lack of merit.

For the avoidance of doubts, the law is saying that all drugs distributors and wholesalers in Nigeria should desist from operating in open markets where quality and safety of drugs are grossly compromised and regulation made difficult, but that they are to move to coordinated markets where they can be easily regulated by government agencies such as NAFDAC, PCN, SON and NDLEA.

However, as expected, those who have been benefiting from the chaotic system at the expense of people's lives are not relenting in their fight to scuttle the noble idea of government towards sanitizing the system. It is therefore important that Nigerians rarry round the federal government in this noble course.

Many of us may not understand the harms that have been meted to Nigerians in the past years by these merchants of death. If you have experienced a situation where you or your loved one is being treated for an illness, yet the condition kept getting worse due to the fact that the drugs you were taking had been faked, then you need to lend your voice and demand an end to the activities of these evil men who place financial gains above human life.

Many people have died while others have become bankrupt due to the evils of these merchants of death.

If you visit the nearest psychiatric hospital, you'll be shocked at the number of Nigerians battling one mental illness or the other due to the many years these criminals have operated freely in the open markets. Psychoactive drugs that are meant to be used strictly on prescription by a doctor and dispensed only upon careful assessment by a pharmacist are being sold like 'pure water' in these open markets. Such drugs have addictive effects which get the abuser hooked until they mess up the mind completely. This is aside the effects they have on the other organs that metabolize and excrete them.

I lost my dear dad to indiscriminate administration of drug by an unqualified 'nurse' who readily sourced drugs from operators of these open markets. I'm sure many Nigerians have lost a dear one to such quakery by people who are not supposed to come anywhere close to drugs let alone administering them. Therefore, let us all join hands and demand an urgent end to open drug markets in Nigeria!

Professor Dora Akunyili (of blessed memory) placed her life on the line and faught these evil killers, and I'm sure she'll be very pleased watching from the great beyond as we are putting an end to the activities of the barons in open drug markets!

#SayNoToKillingWithDrugs

1 Like

Re: The Consequence Of Believing That Nothing Can Change In Nigeria(THE OPEN DRUGS ! by hopeforcharles(m): 8:34pm On Jul 11, 2023
It's Very easy for you to Sit on your high horse and demand that Open Market Drug markets should be close without addressing issues that will still bring up Issues in the future,
Let's Analyze the Kano Whole sale market, it's is true that the Federal government has issued a statement asking the Dealers to Relocate to a place for their business, Now in kano has such a place been provided? Oh I will refer to that Dangoro Personal Business scheme, where the owners want to force people to relocated to, incase u missed the project of Relocating is supposed to be financed by the Federal Government 70% then others can come In for the remaining 30%
You expect people not to revolt when your cohorts are selling the shops for thirteen million naira and other cut throat taxes how do you expect them not to revolt?
And who told you they are not been monitored and investigated,
You and your cohorts should ask the Federal Government to sanitize its Agencies to that proper Duties and surveillances will be done.
@Jman06.

1 Like

Re: The Consequence Of Believing That Nothing Can Change In Nigeria(THE OPEN DRUGS ! by Jman06(m): 9:03pm On Jul 11, 2023
hopeforcharles:
It's Very easy for you to Sit on your high horse and demand that Open Market Drug markets should be close without addressing issues that will still bring up Issues in the future,
Let's Analyze the Kano Whole sale market, it's is true that the Federal government has issued a statement asking the Dealers to Relocate to a place for their business, Now in kano has such a place been provided? Oh I will refer to that Dangoro Personal Business scheme, where the owners want to force people to relocated to, incase u missed the project of Relocating is supposed to be financed by the Federal Government 70% then others can come In for the remaining 30%
You expect people not to revolt when your cohorts are selling the shops for thirteen million naira and other cut throat taxes how do you expect them not to revolt?
And who told you they are not been monitored and investigated,
You and your cohorts should ask the Federal Government to sanitize its Agencies to that proper Duties and surveillances will be done.
@Jman06.
Sorry, it's about what the law says. No excuses from criminal fake drugs sellers can stop the law from taking its full course. The same excuse you gave above is what you lots have been using to frustrate government's moves towards sanitizing our drug distribution system. FYI, no body is buying your excuses this time around. It is either you comply with the law or you change business!
Re: The Consequence Of Believing That Nothing Can Change In Nigeria(THE OPEN DRUGS ! by Jlow2: 9:51pm On Jul 11, 2023
When will corruption in Aso rock and government agencies stop

2 Likes

Re: The Consequence Of Believing That Nothing Can Change In Nigeria(THE OPEN DRUGS ! by hopeforcharles(m): 9:26am On Jul 13, 2023
Jman06:
Sorry, it's about what the law says. No excuses from criminal fake drugs sellers can stop the law from taking its full course. The same excuse you gave above is what you lots have been using to frustrate government's moves towards sanitizing our drug distribution system. FYI, no body is buying your excuses this time around. It is either you comply with the law or you change business!
Well let's see how far you people can go, since you think you know it all.
The matter in the court of law and its been deliberated. You are looking for sympathetizers you will find none.
Now Quote me and remember this nobody is against moving but let it be done in a lawful way.
Re: The Consequence Of Believing That Nothing Can Change In Nigeria(THE OPEN DRUGS ! by Jman06(m): 9:43am On Jul 13, 2023
hopeforcharles:

Well let's see how far you people can go, since you think you know it all.
The matter in the court of law and its been deliberated. You are looking for sympathetizers you will find none.
Now Quote me and remember this nobody is against moving but let it be done in a lawful way.
I wonder the lawful way you're talking about here, if not that some of you think you can frustrate the policy through the courts. But rest assured that that policy has come to stay. FYI, I'm not looking for any sympathy for myself because no matter how much you lots mess up our drugs supply system, my humble self will continue to excel in my practice. I only pity ignorant Nigerians you send to their early graves with drugs.

However, I'll continue to advocate for full implementation of the new drug distribution guidelines because I understand the danger you lots in open markets pose to our healthcare system. Kudos to Kano state and PCN for their efforts so far.

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Declares State Of Emergency On Food Security / Dangote To Merge Salt, Sugar, Rice Businesses Into Single Company / VIDEO: Asari Dokubo Unveils Private Army To Defend Tinubu’s Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.