Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,404 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:56 PM

Is Boarding School Beneficial To Children? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Boarding School Beneficial To Children? (7943 Views)

Man Returns To Children He Abandoned For Eight Years (With Video) / Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years / Names Given To Children In Nigeria Lately (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Is Boarding School Beneficial To Children? by femmy2010(m): 5:15am On Oct 13, 2011
Parents are their kids natural role models and taking those kids to boarding school might not be the best.
Re: Is Boarding School Beneficial To Children? by mutter(f): 8:37am On Oct 13, 2011
Boarding school is certainly beneficial when parents do not have the time or skills to raise their kids. Sometimes it may be necessary if there is no good school nearby or some other reasons in the life of the child or the parents.
I however think that there are things a child has to learn in an institution and things that are learnt in the family. It would therefore not be advisable to expect an institution to perform both roles.
I love having my kids close to me and watching them grow and develop into young adults. i would not want to exchange that for anything in the world.
Everyday my kids come back from school, I want to hear all about what happened, what the learnt and what experiences they had. I also monitor their homework and besides outside school I have them attend other activities like choir or sports. The schools do offer extra activities but certainly not on a professional level.

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Can Only Feed Once A Day / Would You Put Your Parents In A Nursing Home? / How To Be A Lady Instead Of Being Local

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.