Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

I Won’t Pay Fine - John Obi Mikel - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Won’t Pay Fine - John Obi Mikel (8655 Views)

Ifeanyi Ubah, Gets 10-match Ban, N2.5 Million Fine For Slapping Goalkeeper / Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech / Inside John Obi Mikel's House - Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won’t Pay Fine - John Obi Mikel by djones: 7:21pm On Oct 06, 2011
John Obi Mikel: I Won’t Pay Fine

Chelsea midfielder John Mikel Obi has said he will not pay a fine of $5,000 for reporting late to the Nigeria training camp ahead of a crucial Nations Cup qualifier against Guinea.

The Eagles midfielder explained to MTNFootball in Abuja on Thursday that no official of the team has communicated to him on the said 5,000 Dollars fine for hitting Transcorp Hilton Hotel camp of the Nigeria’s Super Eagles late

Mikel arrived Abuja early morning on Wednesday instead of a Tuesday 12 midnight deadline set by the team. However, the player denied knowledge of the sanction against him.

“I don’t know anything about that and they haven’t told me I have been fined,” he said. When MTNFootball.com asked him whether he would pay the fine if asked to, Mikel replied, “No, no I don’t think so because I did not do anything wrong. I have reported to the camp and I have very, very genuine reason.

“If the manager (Samson Siasia) would tell Nigerians my reason, anyone in that situation will reason with me.” Mikel is believed to have gone to Jos, northcentral Nigeria, to visit his father, who was recently freed by the police from a gang of kidnappers.

MTN Football

http://www.africasoccernet.com/?p=4068
Re: I Won’t Pay Fine - John Obi Mikel by 1025: 12:22am On Oct 07, 2011
make siasia concentrate on his job and leave the boy alone. is not mikel's fault that siasia did not make good money in his playing days. if (siasia) needs help, he knows how best to approach the guy instead of arranging kidnappers and placing fine on him.
Re: I Won’t Pay Fine - John Obi Mikel by djones: 6:03am On Oct 07, 2011
1025 u r very funny lol
Re: I Won’t Pay Fine - John Obi Mikel by norris1980: 9:28am On Oct 07, 2011
peep talks any how,do u c siasia as an hungry person, instead of u to think how u will survive ur own problem u re talking about another peep affairs do u think is everybody that play futbol will b rich,olodo.
Re: I Won’t Pay Fine - John Obi Mikel by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 07, 2011
djones:

1025 u r very funny lol

Very funny indeed grin
Re: I Won’t Pay Fine - John Obi Mikel by EzeCanada: 9:34am On Oct 07, 2011
Mikel, you have my full support on this, This Siasia of a guy is beginning to bite more than he can chew
Re: I Won’t Pay Fine - John Obi Mikel by shigoo2000: 9:38am On Oct 07, 2011
Mr samson ur job is to go for gold, i dont know y u like taking uneccessary bribe, we all know u are a good coach but make ur demand at low key, smiley
Re: I Won’t Pay Fine - John Obi Mikel by Okijajuju1(m): 9:47am On Oct 07, 2011
1025:

make siasia concentrate on his job and leave the boy alone. is not mikel's fault that siasia did not make good money in his playing days. if (siasia) needs help, he knows how best to approach the guy instead of arranging kidnappers and placing fine on him.

Priceless
Re: I Won’t Pay Fine - John Obi Mikel by 1025: 10:08am On Oct 07, 2011
peep talks any how,do u c siasia as an hungry person, instead of u to think how u will survive your own problem u re talking about another peep affairs do u think is everybody that play futbol will b rich,olodo.

@norris1980,
if what u wrote above was mearnt for me, then i am sorry for u.
reports has it that mikel was the first player to arrieve camp in the game against madagasca and non of u commented on that. siasia did not fine anyone and nigerians did not tell us who was the last player to arrieve camp. why is mikel's matter always hyped? he said he is not paying that fine so is left for u and siasia to eject him like u did to enyama or hold back his match bonus for this game. before u and siasia will know what u are doing, siasia will be futuring our reliable senators in games like this when all players must have been ejected. if siasia is a disciplinarian, he shld also motivate these players by promising certain benefits for players with the best attitudes to the business. at least mikel shld have been given an award for been the first player to arrieve camp in our last game.
whether we like it or not, the hands of envy, greed and jealous in playing a very big role in the lives of nigerians with the super eagles not an exemption. the good news here is; Mikel and his family does not depend on our oil or tax payers to make their living.
if to say na your papa wey them kidnap, you for play for nigeria? when siasia was playing for nigeria, we kidnap his papa? when siasia was playing for nigeria, how many times he pay $5k fine? if i may ask you, how many players in that camp can afford $5k as fine? is $5k the new law/fine for late commers to camp or is this particular law for mikel? even the match for tomorrow can be delayed what more mikel's arrieval? abeg make una leave the boy to live and enjoy his life. the next news now will be the kidnapping of his mother or brother. why una no dey kidnap siasia's father or even our president's father? i am talking to u now with happy mind, when next i will be talking to u on this topic, u may not be this lucky.

@okija_juju,
human beings talk/discuss with human beings so i expect u to look for ur types in the names of other jujusssss because we are not the same. jujus can only think like jujus while human beings think like human beings. Exodus 22:18 and it says; Thou shall not suffer a witch(juju) to live.
Re: I Won’t Pay Fine - John Obi Mikel by Pricelesss(f): 10:11am On Oct 07, 2011
Okija_juju:

Priceless
Ermmm did som1 mention my name?
Re: I Won’t Pay Fine - John Obi Mikel by dozai: 10:13am On Oct 07, 2011
EzeCanada:

Mikel, you have my full support on this, This Siasia of a guy is beginning to bite more than he can chew
Maybe i should ask you this question, Assuming all the players towed Mikels line and strolled into the camp by wed, Thurs and Friday. I guess you will hail them right?? Please don't let hatred cloud your reasoning. Efe Ambrose married on Saturday, but was in camp by Monday. Tell me, do u think the other players doesn't have things to attend to What stopped Mikel from Leaving England on Sunday. Meet his dad by Monday, Then meet up with the other players b/4 the 12noon deadline. The Ghana camp has 19 players by Morning of Monday. By noon the camp was complete. Sia 1 extended his to 12 noon Tuesday still he didnt make it. Any way thumbs up for  Siasia for not over flogging the issue. its under the carpet for now till Saturday is over, that's a sign of maturity. After that, Mikel will know who the boss is. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Won’t Pay Fine - John Obi Mikel by otokx(m): 10:15am On Oct 07, 2011
Time will tell
Re: I Won’t Pay Fine - John Obi Mikel by Paveejay(m): 10:18am On Oct 07, 2011
What

Methinks settling down into the biz of fine-tuning the boyz' skills and how to gel ahead of the make or break game will do everyone more good that flexing torso now. Besides, no national team goes far with 'adamic age' discipline strategems. Leadership without human face can only lead to failure-It's only a matter of time. Why fight all your hench men, Siasa? It was Mikel, then Osaze, now itz Enyeama and don't een want to accept his apology. Haba!!! You be  God? When you refuse fo forgive others, nobody, not even your kiths would stand up for you when Nigerians start calling for your head. Remember, HE GEJ does not recognise ethnic connection.
I wish U luck tomoro sha cry
Re: I Won’t Pay Fine - John Obi Mikel by Boyoorisha: 10:18am On Oct 07, 2011
1025:

I don't know how fool like you find your way into nairaland. Siasia can by the whole of your family. Idiot!
Re: I Won’t Pay Fine - John Obi Mikel by ogbongzky(m): 10:21am On Oct 07, 2011
, Interesting** I will wait till Monday before I know what to say.
Re: I Won’t Pay Fine - John Obi Mikel by femi4: 10:26am On Oct 07, 2011
1025:

In your mind now, Siasia is poor, SMH for you
Re: I Won’t Pay Fine - John Obi Mikel by dozai: 10:26am On Oct 07, 2011
Okija_juju:

Priceless
My broda, Mikel was the first in camp cos he attended the thanksgiving service of his father. So he was in the country already. Don't tell me that Mikel has ever traveled from London to be in Camp b4 others. The monster indiscipline has grown so large in the country that we now call it tradition. What did Mourinho do to him when he was coming to training lat He was not even listed for some games, and the guy was forced to be an early bird. Amodu is a good coach, but he couldn't transfer the game plan to the players cos some do even join the team on Friday night for a Saturday game and still get automatic shirt.  In the field of play everything will be disjointed. Now this man wants to stamp that out, we re calling for his head. Siasia will not be Naija coach forever, but his legacy is the only thing that will last forever. in that case he will want the best from his players and not their downfall. You have to reason that way, he is not witch hunting anyone, but everyone has to fall into the line or ship out. Others are waiting in the wings.
I wonder how you would have felt if all the players comes in by wed, thurs.
Re: I Won’t Pay Fine - John Obi Mikel by mikeywise(m): 10:32am On Oct 07, 2011
mikel has to pay dat fine o, if he doesnt pay it, i will force it out of him on the pitch on saturday. If he has things to sort out, why didnt he leave Chelsea to go sort dat out?I am surprised people come out here to support dis act.The last time i checked Siasia is the head coach nd if he doesnt perform, we will all be calling for his head.SMH shocked
Re: I Won’t Pay Fine - John Obi Mikel by Ben13: 10:33am On Oct 07, 2011
I love Mikel grin
Re: I Won’t Pay Fine - John Obi Mikel by Kx: 10:35am On Oct 07, 2011
I see another round of disciplinary issue if he does nt pay up
Re: I Won’t Pay Fine - John Obi Mikel by femi4: 10:41am On Oct 07, 2011
1025:

In your mind now, Siasia is poor, SMH for you
Re: I Won’t Pay Fine - John Obi Mikel by 1025: 10:52am On Oct 07, 2011
Ermmm did som1 mention my name?

@priceless,
please reject him. that is okija juju calling ur name. bind and cast him away. read the warning in Ex 22:18.

Maybe i should ask you this question, Assuming all the players towed Mikels line and strolled into the camp by wed, Thurs and Friday. I guess you will hail them right?? Please don't let hatred cloud your reasoning. Efe Ambrose married on Saturday, but was in camp by Monday. Tell me, do u think the other players doesn't have things to attend to What stopped Mikel from Leaving England on Sunday. Meet his dad by Monday, Then meet up with the other players b/4 the 12noon deadline. The Ghana camp has 19 players by Morning of Monday. By noon the camp was complete. Sia 1 extended his to 12 noon Tuesday still he didnt make it. Any way thumbs up for  Siasia for not over flogging the issue. its under the carpet for now till Saturday is over, that's a sign of maturity. After that, Mikel will know who the boss is.

@ezecanada,
siasia is only a coach and can't be the player at the same time? with what u are saying here, is $5k the price for late commers now? i can remember vividly during okocha's time, he do stay away for club reasons so such shld meet like $500k fine?  then, tell me, in that camp, how many other players can pay that $5k as fine?
you mentioned ghana, are u aware that the president of ghana had to take a private jet to uk last yr to know how essien is recovering from his injury? our own chinedu ogbuke was injured while playing for nigeria in sa2010 and was out of football for 4 months with no single person from our nff or nfa putting ordinary call across to him to know how he is fairing. do u think these players are slaves? how many of our ex-internationals are been remembered till date? okwaraji who died playing for nigeria is a history now. amunike, joseph dosu and their likes can only be remembered if u watch their past clips. patrotic nigerians among all our private jet owners, non was patrotic enough to provide his jet for the team to travel to madagasca only for them to travel with keke na pepe via congo and when enyema complained, he was ejected from the team. patrotic nigerians among all the tv stations in the country, non was patrotic enough to show the last game to nigerians.
we only want our slaves to be patrotic while our public funds are been enjoyed by few on daily basis. even if siasia is idi amin, i will support mikel if he does not pay the money. nigerians are no longer thirsty or hunger for the team. political tools have been used to destroy the happiness and joy we used to derieve from the game. because we are in democracy, mikel can ask his lawyer to sue siasia for such criminal fine. does the law say the coach of a team has the power to fine a player to such huge sum of money? what if siasia had fined mikel $20m?  if siasia had known that nigerians will support him like this, he would have gone for his two months salary at chelsea as fine. thief.

the way nigerians are jumping up to this $5k, am sure we will all get share from this money and it will surely help our 2012 budget. i like mikel because any topic that is mikel related dey move market for nairaland and na so u dey take know a super star. God bless mikel, God bless the super eagles and mikel will score tomorrow and he will also get the man of the macth award but my fear is, if they(nigerians) will let him have it.
Re: I Won’t Pay Fine - John Obi Mikel by saintfrank(m): 11:10am On Oct 07, 2011
How many of una sabi d football hear? Abi una don coach any footy team b4…. Siasia na d only dream coach oooh. If Obi Bleep up we get better replacement for him role…,
Re: I Won’t Pay Fine - John Obi Mikel by timmy(m): 11:14am On Oct 07, 2011
when mikels father was kidnapped, the whole nigeria rallied round to help find him,  and now he has a chance to prove his nation is top most priority, he strolls into camp with his brother and a friend,  lets not deny ourselves, we know mikel is a proud loaf. im sure siasia would take actions after the match,  after all fengor is a better player and joel obi is a better passer,  who needs mikel.

If he really needed to see his dad, should it be at the detriment of the people who helped u in the first place?,  if his dad had died, would he have left Chelsea and quit football?
Re: I Won’t Pay Fine - John Obi Mikel by Sike(m): 11:19am On Oct 07, 2011
Ben-10:

I love Mikel grin
I love you too! smiley
Re: I Won’t Pay Fine - John Obi Mikel by 1025: 11:25am On Oct 07, 2011
when mikels father was kidnapped, the whole nigeria rallied round to help find him,  and now he has a chance to prove his nation is top most priority, he strolls into camp with his brother and a friend,  lets not deny ourselves, we know mikel is a proud loaf. im sure siasia would take actions after the match,  after all fengor is a better player and joel obi is a better passer,  who needs mikel.

If he really needed to see his, it should be at the detriment of the people who helped u in the first place,  if his dad had died, would he have left chealsea and quit football?

@Timmy,
maybe na the mama una go kidnap now. since u have two better players, why not let the guy be? if ur own papa die, will u play for nigeria? he will not pay that fine. tell siasia that he can go to hell. how many times did he pay fine during his days as a player? why now? dhy didn't he start all these noise at the beginning of the campiegn instead of now that they are ina tight corner. tell him, nigerians are not going to accept any reason from him tomorrow. we want result. ivory coast and other serious teams have qualified since and relaxe themselves and he is them fighting with a team that he is surposed to be friendly with. he can only destroy the team and loose the dressing room because he can only bring in fear through his high handedness not respect.
he is not friendly with his team. in the next one year, siasia must have had a fight with each and every member of the team with the way he is going.
i will not be surprise to see our politicians wear our national jersey one day to represent the eagles when all these players have been banned from the team.
all of u have your minds on his weekly salary so am surprised that siasia did not fine him like 2 months salary at chelsea to pls our greedy heads.
Re: I Won’t Pay Fine - John Obi Mikel by onyengbu: 11:32am On Oct 07, 2011
This 1025 aka chidichris is the most annoying character on nl. On top of that, he is also a fagg>ot who can lick mikel obi's arze for anything. Imagine such shameless coments.
Anu mpama!
Re: I Won’t Pay Fine - John Obi Mikel by mikeywise(m): 11:38am On Oct 07, 2011
@all i wonder why we are over flogging dis issue, Mikel is my best player in the super Eagles but i am in support of the coach.Can we ask ourselves why coaches like Amodu and Eguavoen didnt survive as coaches of Nigeria?because they did the same thing the same way expecting to get different results.let siasia do all what it takes to make sure dat indiscipline is stamped out from the team.whatever mikel is today, he owes it to Nigeria.If he is not ready to play here, he should continue playing for Chelsea dats if he doesnt sit on the bench.Rabiu Ibrahim is even waiting on the wings to take his shirt.up Mikel, up sia-one, up Nigeria.
Re: I Won’t Pay Fine - John Obi Mikel by room702(m): 11:41am On Oct 07, 2011
djones:

John Obi Mikel: I Won’t Pay Fine

Chelsea midfielder John Mikel Obi has said he will not pay a fine of $5,000 for reporting late to the Nigeria training camp ahead of a crucial Nations Cup qualifier against Guinea.

The Eagles midfielder explained to MTNFootball in Abuja on Thursday that no official of the team has communicated to him on the said 5,000 Dollars fine for hitting Transcorp Hilton Hotel camp of the Nigeria’s Super Eagles late

Mikel arrived Abuja early morning on Wednesday instead of a Tuesday 12 midnight deadline set by the team. However, the player denied knowledge of the sanction against him.

“I don’t know anything about that and they haven’t told me I have been fined,” he said. When MTNFootball.com asked him whether he would pay the fine if asked to, Mikel replied, “No, no I don’t think so because I did not do anything wrong. I have reported to the camp and I have very, very genuine reason.

“If the manager (Samson Siasia) would tell Nigerians my reason, anyone in that situation will reason with me.”  Mikel is believed to have gone to Jos, northcentral Nigeria, to visit his father, who was recently freed by the police from a gang of kidnappers.

MTN Football

http://www.africasoccernet.com/?p=4068
shocked at the cocky way this guy talks. pay the fine jare.
Re: I Won’t Pay Fine - John Obi Mikel by olabukola: 11:56am On Oct 07, 2011
If he know that their is a fine of $5k for reporting late to the camp, then Sia1 has no blame at all. Sia1 should stick to the fine to dater others from acting that way. Even if it means him not coming for the next game its fine by me. If everybody report to camp when ever they like things won't work out. He broke the rule and must pay the fine. If we win good if we don't so be it.
Re: I Won’t Pay Fine - John Obi Mikel by fxtopedia(m): 12:26pm On Oct 07, 2011
This should not be a distraction ooooo
Re: I Won’t Pay Fine - John Obi Mikel by Rafaell(m): 12:41pm On Oct 07, 2011
@Boyoori, sharaaaap dia, U seem 2be da bigga fool hia. U guys dat ar bad-bellyin @1025, u hav let ur sentments cloud ur sense of judgments; am sur most of U ar anti-chelsea. u drag ur dsgustn & spiteful biasd minds fm club 2 contry. If U listen 2d voic of reasn, u wil see @1025 got som major pts (siasia kdnapin mikel's father & placin fine on him ws justa joke!). Som of U dnt evn hav facts. @dozai, Chls playd on sunday, Mikel cant leav Londn on mondy, see his pop &stil make camp on tuesdy

@1025, u got swag

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bbc News : Etuhu Jailed 8 Months For Assault / AFCON 2019: Baxter Quits As South Africa Coach After Flop / Nigeria Drops To 38th In FIFA World Rankings; 6th In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.