Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,021 members, 7,803,433 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:13 PM

Thieves Operate Freely For Two Hours On Lagos Street - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Thieves Operate Freely For Two Hours On Lagos Street (8535 Views)

Car Thieves At FCMB Rumumasi In Port Harcourt Caught (Graphic Photos) / Passenger Caught Stealing On Lagos-Abuja Flight / The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone (pics included) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thieves Operate Freely For Two Hours On Lagos Street by Dsage1: 12:09pm On Oct 07, 2011
Som1 who ve seen wer arm robbers operated wi kno dat dey ar training solder/policemen.At time,i dnt blame dose innocent policemen cos d best among dem engage in arm robber.I doubt ordinary men wi hav dat boldness/courage to attack banks in d day light.
Re: Thieves Operate Freely For Two Hours On Lagos Street by doubleroti: 12:09pm On Oct 07, 2011
Ogo-Oluwa Street, Ade-Alu, in Alimosho Local Government Area of Lagos

Is this really part of Lagos?  Grin

I thought Lagos was VI, IKoyi and Lekki. no offeinse

@ Poster, One Word, "Shallow"
Re: Thieves Operate Freely For Two Hours On Lagos Street by teddjon: 12:12pm On Oct 07, 2011
Which year will stealing and raiding stop in Nigeria by our Nigerian Police? 2 hours of stealing then Police came after the 2 hours raid, I can smell a RAT! shocked shocked
Re: Thieves Operate Freely For Two Hours On Lagos Street by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 07, 2011
the police carried out this robbery. we all know.

at midnight, there is no traffic, and the ikotun police station should be able to arrive there in 5mins, even if they are too scared, they can stay far and fire shots to disperse them.

in broad day light, you see them jumping traffic aggressively as if there is a robbery going on somewhere.
Re: Thieves Operate Freely For Two Hours On Lagos Street by eghost247(m): 12:42pm On Oct 07, 2011
wow
Re: Thieves Operate Freely For Two Hours On Lagos Street by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 07, 2011
webdezzi:

in broad day light, you see them jumping traffic aggressively as if there is a robbery going on somewhere.
LWKMD, grin grin grin
Re: Thieves Operate Freely For Two Hours On Lagos Street by teddjon: 12:47pm On Oct 07, 2011
I think those GOAT just wearing uniform at that Ikotun Police station will never do anything instead they give guns to the thief, I'm not suprised since a well known Police man is doing YAHOO! Imao!!!

I remember even before i traveled, walking with bag of laptop at my bag and i was arrested telling me to go and get the receipt of the laptop when i have an aunt who sent it to me even calling to confirm it, they still never give back until i have to settle them such policemen as FRED, LUCKY and MUKAILA and co. STUPID ANIMALS wey dey wear Uniform,  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Thieves Operate Freely For Two Hours On Lagos Street by Kakatazz(f): 1:28pm On Oct 07, 2011
The D.P.O of that area should be dismissed.Such robberies are usually conceded by the Nigerian Police Force and the Nigerian Armed Robbery Organization.2 hours is enough time to catch them if they really wanted to.Good riddance to bad rubbish.A hopeless country with bad leaders.
Re: Thieves Operate Freely For Two Hours On Lagos Street by 3kay945(m): 1:52pm On Oct 07, 2011
talk true:

After robbery, they now changed to their police uniform and came to the scene
My thought too.
Re: Thieves Operate Freely For Two Hours On Lagos Street by Pelycan: 1:54pm On Oct 07, 2011
norrisman:

Ogo-Oluwa Street, Ade-Alu, in Alimosho Local Government Area of Lagos

Is this really part of Lagos?  grin

I thought Lagos was VI, IKoyi and Lekki. no offeinse

that got me cracking  grin
Re: Thieves Operate Freely For Two Hours On Lagos Street by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:12pm On Oct 07, 2011
I have every belief and every fibre in my being screams that the Nigerian Police are indeed involved in this Robbery and others in Lagos. I was robbed at between 11:00 PM - 12:00PM at Ogunlana round-about beneath the bridge by a uniformed Policeman conducting searches by the check-point. After harrasing me for particulars and thoroughly searching my car - he pointed his automatic rifle to my head and asked me to nicely relieve myself of N50,000 CASH i had in my glove compartment. I drove away thanking GOD grin (I bet the religionists will laugh at me grin)

Not every Policeman is a thief , all Policemen have Robbery Spirit
Re: Thieves Operate Freely For Two Hours On Lagos Street by Blacktribe: 2:29pm On Oct 07, 2011
Do we have security in Nigeria? I don't just know wat 2 say 2 our system everything about us is fake, u can imagine a government secucrity official will be tought how 2 steal in de training school instead of protection, how ar we save entrusting our lives and properties into their porors hands, they will tell u they ar to protect lives an properties, they should tell those lies to dogs not Nigerians any more, we know them they ar here for extortion an unnecesry waisting of de masses life very soon they will realise we don't need their service becouse is even better we do without so call security in dis country we ar sick of all these stories of happenies b4 de security arrivals.
Re: Thieves Operate Freely For Two Hours On Lagos Street by Walala(m): 3:02pm On Oct 07, 2011
they patted me and said, 'you are our guy,'"   shocked shocked shocked shocked

Soon theives in Nigeria will start sending out tweets and texts that we are coming through so be ready and nothing will happen.  Can you freaking imagine 2 hours and no police in sight.  SMH.

Is this robbery stuff rampant or once in a while because I am relocating end of the year but me I fear armed robbers O.  I have never been robbed in my life and don't want to experience that evil.  I keep having nightmares that one day robbers will come to rob me and the robbers will be someone I know because i have many old neighborhood friends who have no jobs and will probably end up being robbers.
Re: Thieves Operate Freely For Two Hours On Lagos Street by Kakatazz(f): 3:14pm On Oct 07, 2011
Walala:

Soon theives in Nigeria will start sending out tweets and texts that we are coming through so be ready and nothing will happen.  Can you freaking imagine 2 hours and no police in sight.  SMH.

Is this robbery stuff rampant or once in a while because I am relocating end of the year but me I fear armed robbers O.  I have never been robbed in my life and don't want to experience that evil.  I keep having nightmares that one day robbers will come to rob me and the robbers will be someone I know because i have many old neighborhood friends who have no jobs and will probably end up being robbers. 
Very funny!!! grin grin grin
Re: Thieves Operate Freely For Two Hours On Lagos Street by rezzy: 3:45pm On Oct 07, 2011
Police is our friend
Re: Thieves Operate Freely For Two Hours On Lagos Street by MMM2(m): 3:53pm On Oct 07, 2011
9ja
Re: Thieves Operate Freely For Two Hours On Lagos Street by dayokanu(m): 4:04pm On Oct 07, 2011
Naija police would get there and arrest all the victims
Re: Thieves Operate Freely For Two Hours On Lagos Street by Naledi14(f): 4:34pm On Oct 07, 2011
I feel sad for those people that have been robbed its a shame not only in 9ja are the police corrupt everywhere trust me right now the chief of police in south africa is being investigated the last one is on trail he even went as far as admitting to reporters on television that a known mafia man/drug dealer is his friend. On a lighter note i was laughing the entire time i have been reading the posts it just seems unbelivable plus the comments.
Re: Thieves Operate Freely For Two Hours On Lagos Street by Afam4eva(m): 4:48pm On Oct 07, 2011
It's only in Nigeria that robbers will do thieving vigil and  three days dry stealing without being apprehended. Naija we hail thee.
Re: Thieves Operate Freely For Two Hours On Lagos Street by davidiyke(m): 5:15pm On Oct 07, 2011
what a pity? we thought lagos had become safe. fashola, our action governor, pls take note.
Re: Thieves Operate Freely For Two Hours On Lagos Street by willarrie(m): 5:37pm On Oct 07, 2011
This guys[d police] are paid peanuts,hw du u want dem to survive,this is another source of income for them jare,jt pray u dont fall a victim
Re: Thieves Operate Freely For Two Hours On Lagos Street by 3kay945(m): 5:59pm On Oct 07, 2011
willarrie:

This guys[d police] are paid peanuts,hw du u want dem to survive,this is another source of income for them jare,jt pray u dont fall a victim
So the people robbed have not been praying?
Re: Thieves Operate Freely For Two Hours On Lagos Street by Ultrame(m): 6:13pm On Oct 07, 2011
Thief:  "You are our guy"
Police: "The police is your friend"

Misery truly loves company.
Re: Thieves Operate Freely For Two Hours On Lagos Street by Nobody: 11:23pm On Oct 07, 2011
This is why I want to live out in the woods on a large acreage. That way I have places to bury all the dead robbers that come visiting.

Re: Thieves Operate Freely For Two Hours On Lagos Street by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:53am On Oct 08, 2011
Walala:

^^^ On the bolded, no problem there. If they come and you notice a few old aquaintances in the party, just give them a broad smile grin and greet them like: "Ogbeni, how far? long time". That should break the ice. But whatever you do, don't give them a dirty look as if to say 'look at me, i'm all that and you lot amounted to shi*t', b'cos that would be the last dirty look you ever give anyone. Scary but true.
Re: Thieves Operate Freely For Two Hours On Lagos Street by lioncoolst(m): 3:20pm On Oct 08, 2011
Gentlemen! There is also d possibility that it was one of d robbers standing watch outside dat answered the SOS call to d police; hence the non appearance of d police until after d robbery, by which time they had changed back into their police uniform.
Re: Thieves Operate Freely For Two Hours On Lagos Street by eherbal(m): 6:16pm On Oct 08, 2011
wu be police wu be tief? angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Thieves Operate Freely For Two Hours On Lagos Street by Pukkah: 8:01pm On Oct 08, 2011
It's not only on Lagos streets that robbers are operating freely. The free and unbridled operations has become a metaphor for what's happening in Nigeria on a grand scale - the looting of public funds and the disappearance of integrity.

If you like call it corruption, the greatest single evil afflicting Nigeria and which may bring it to its knees. It's this corruption that has sired or fuelled other evils one of which is the free operation by robbers.
Re: Thieves Operate Freely For Two Hours On Lagos Street by Elsquidme(m): 5:27pm On Feb 02, 2013
mrjingles: Before we crucify the police, what time did they get the information about the robbery? They are not spirits you know, lets all get used to calling the emergency number 767. It works, I've reported a robbery through that number and the police arrived at the scene in minutes. Perhaps if just  one resident had phoned the robbery would have been foiled.
Dont u think they called? Ure talking as if d victims are at fault. U heard dat 4 2hrs, they are operatin, and after d police came. Clearly dia is foulplay dia. D police must have been settle by the robbers, dats very common in Naija

(1) (2) (Reply)

Slawomirr Scammed Me / We Are Yet To Identify Killers Of Enugu Catholic Priest - Police / Happening Right Now!! Ikotun Under Siege By 1milliion Boys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.