Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,750 members, 7,806,047 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? (17662 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) / Christians:What Fruit Did Adam And Eve Eat Inside The Garden Of Eden? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by sigidi(m): 8:56am On Oct 07, 2011
I need to know cos it bothers me. Why would he, if he knows its gonna cause all this crap happening now?
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by EvilBrain1(m): 2:18pm On Oct 07, 2011
sigidi:

i need to know cos it bothers me. y would he , if he knows its gonna cause all this crap happening now?

This is a dangerous line of thinking. If you follow it to its logical conclusion you'd discover that the whole story makes no sense and there isn't and cannot be an omniscient and omnipotent god.

Unless you want to become an atheist, I advise you to turn off your brain now!
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Amujale(m): 3:48pm On Oct 07, 2011
Evil Brain:

This is a dangerous line of thinking. If you follow it to its logical conclusion you'd discover that the whole story makes no sense and there isn't and cannot be an omniscient and omnipotent god.

rofl! It doesnt matter what anyone thinks the truth is unscaved by human intervention.

sigidi:

i need to know cos it bothers me. y would he , if he knows its gonna cause all this crap happening now?

I agree with Evil Brain, this is a dangerous line of thinking, because the first line of his sentence is the start of an elaborate story that is simply unfit for purpose. It only applies to certain scenarios outside of which it becomes totally meaningless.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 07, 2011
Evil Brain:

It takes a man with no brain or a switched off brain to believe that there is no GOD which in itself is a belief , because he believes ( obviously without the brain present ) that Man is the ultimate power that there is.

That is why we theists qualify atheists with the medical condition called 'brain dead'.   grin
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by jayriginal: 5:02pm On Oct 07, 2011
Evil Brain:

grin
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by philip0906(m): 7:18pm On Oct 07, 2011
frosbel:

It takes a man with no brain or a switched off brain to believe that there is no GOD which in itself is a belief , because he believes ( obviously without the brain present ) that Man is the ultimate power that there is.

That is why we theists qualify atheists with the medical condition called 'brain dead'. grin

grin grin
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by sigidi(m): 8:58am On Oct 08, 2011
dont get me wrong yh, i do blive there's God cos i dont think we appeared into existence just like that, there must have been some form of creation or begining. but ma ? still stands. why would he? he knows knows the beginning and the end. unless u gonna tell he planned all this to happen. its not a matter of being atheists. i've got ?s, most of us got ?s but we just keep quiet, saying dont go there it is an abomination to ask such ?s.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by harakiri(m): 9:25am On Oct 08, 2011
As EVIL BRAIN suggested, it's best for you to turn off your brain now coz questions like these will only keep diminishing your belief in religion. If you choose to continue, add these few to the list :

(1) Why did the biblical god require Abraham to sacrifice his only son (that was gotten at old age) as a sign of faith? What if Abraham had succeeded in killing him? What kind of proof of faith is that? Even the boko haramists are not that cruel. Even if he didn't kill his son, the psychological damage has already been done both to father and son. If Abraham was your father, would you ever forgive him for that? In today's world, wouldn't such a man called a lunatic and sent to prison?

(2) Why did the biblical god have to sacrifice his son for the sins of creatures he supposedly created? Why couldn't he just forgive them or better yet, "reboot" the entire creation and fix the errors called sin? Why does he call himself a good,kind and loving god and yet, condemns his own supposed creation to eternal damnation for sins that were caused by his own creation (the serpent). If he is the all knowing god, then he should have known that humans would be tempted and they would fall. Why condemn them for his incompetence and lack of foresight? Does that sound like an all knowing god to you? Sounds more like the thinking of a sun scorched deranged goat herder from the middle east.

(3) Why are sins like ince$t condemned by death in the OT and yet,Lot slept with his two daughters and NOTHINH happened!

(4)How come homo$exuality is condemned by the bible and yet, David and Jonathan are exceptions. You doubt me? The bible clearly says they embraced,wept and after they had exhausted themselves, one of them cried out "The love you have shown me today exceeds that of women" !

Pause for a second and process all that.

I'll be back! ! !

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by mazaje(m): 9:41am On Oct 08, 2011
harakiri:

As EVIL BRAIN suggested, it's best for you to turn off your brain now coz questions like these will only keep diminishing your belief in religion. If you choose to continue, add these few to the list :

(1) Why did the biblical god require Abraham to sacrifice his only son (that was gotten at old age) as a sign of faith? What if Abraham had succeeded in killing him? What kind of proof of faith is that? Even the boko haramists are not that cruel. Even if he didn't kill his son, the psychological damage has already been done both to father and son. If Abraham was your father, would you ever forgive him for that? In today's world, wouldn't such a man called a lunatic and sent to prison?

(2) Why did the biblical god have to sacrifice his son for the sins of creatures he supposedly created? Why couldn't he just forgive them or better yet, "reboot" the entire creation and fix the errors called sin? Why does he call himself a good,kind and loving god and yet, condemns his own supposed creation to eternal damnation for sins that were caused by his own creation (the serpent). If he is the all knowing god, then he should have known that humans would be tempted and they would fall. Why condemn them for his incompetence and lack of foresight? Does that sound like an all knowing god to you? Sounds more like the thinking of a sun scorched deranged goat herder from the middle east.

(3) Why are sins like ince$t condemned by death in the OT and yet,Lot slept with his two daughters and NOTHINH happened!

(4)How come homo$exuality is condemned by the bible and yet, David and Jonathan are exceptions. You doubt me? The bible clearly says they embraced[b],wept and after they had exhausted themselves, one of them cried out "The love you have shown me today exceeds that of women"[/b] !

Pause for a second and process all that.

I'll be back! ! !

gays abi? grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by harakiri(m): 10:07am On Oct 08, 2011
@mazaje, Yes ooo!
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by thehomer: 10:53am On Oct 08, 2011
sigidi:

Since you really wish to know, have you considered that it could be because he wanted to punish people in hell for eternity? He simply needed people to go to the devil and burn.
Or it could be that he wanted humans not to be intelligent i.e to probably live out a short and brutal existence like chimpanzees do.
Or it could all just be a story.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by EvilBrain1(m): 1:17pm On Oct 09, 2011
sigidi:

dont get me wrong yh, i do blive there's God cos i dont think we appeared into existence just like that, there must have been some form of creation or begining. but ma ? still stands. why would he? he knows knows the beginning and the end. unless u gonna tell he planned all this to happen. its not a matter of being atheists. i've got ?s, most of us got ?s but we just keep quiet, saying dont go there it is an abomination to ask such ?s.

I'ts good that you are asking questions. It shows that you are not a mumu, unlike most of the "born again" sheep on nairaland who just follow follow, can't see past the ynash of their fellow sheep in front of them and refuse to think for themselves.

The problem is that there as so many logical holes and inconsistencies in the bible and if you are being honest with yourself you'd see that the only way to reconcile all the contradictions is to throw away the whole thing as rubbish.

You've stumbled upon what philosophers call "the problem of evil". That is, if God was benevolent, all-knowing and all powerful, how can there be evil and suffering in the world. It's either he doesn't know about the evil (he's ignorant), or he knows and can't stop it (he's impotent), he knows and can stop it but can't be bothered to do so (he's heartless), or all this was all part of his plan (he's evil).

If the bible is true, then billions of souls are going to spend eternity in hell fire. And the Lord your God planned the whole thing right from the beginning. He set both satan and mankind up and personally designed and built the most horrible torture chamber imaginable to torment them for all time. What an ässhole!
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 09, 2011
I'ts good that you are asking questions. It shows that you are not a mumu, unlike most of the "born again" sheep on nairaland who just follow follow, can't see past the ynash of their fellow sheep in front of them and refuse to think for themselves.

Better to be a mumu who believes in something than a mumu who is unsure about everything.

The problem is that there as so many logical holes and inconsistencies in the bible

The bible was not meant to be understood by the spiritually dead or arrogant.

God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble.

and if you are being honest with yourself you'd see that the only way to reconcile all the contradictions is to throw away the whole thing as rubbish.

And in your own intellectual opinion, the truth we should accept is the evolution of man from an initial nothingness. A sudden bing b.ang started the process of life , just like that .  grin

Even Dawkins is not this foolish !!

You've stumbled upon what philosophers call "the problem of evil". That is, if God was benevolent, all-knowing and all powerful, how can there be evil and suffering in the world. It's either he doesn't know about the evil (he's ignorant), or he knows and can't stop it (he's impotent), he knows and can stop it but can't be bothered to do so (he's heartless), or all this was all part of his plan (he's evil).

Have you heard of personal accountability and responsibility.

To blame GOD for all the evils , for which most are caused by our greed , selfishness, perversion , arrogance and deviant behaviour is nothing short of irresponsibility at its highest level.

If the bible is true, then billions of souls are going to spend eternity in hell fire.

If you choose to ally yourself with the rebel of rebels then you go to where he goes to , simple !!!

And the Lord your God planned the whole thing right from the beginning.

In your imagination

He set both satan and mankind up and personally designed and built the most horrible torture chamber imaginable to torment them for all time. What an ässhole![

Your conceitedness and downright arrogance will surely bring you to the brink of spiritual ruin if GOD does not have mercy on your most pitiful state.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 09, 2011

Like I said to believe in Evolution , one needs to be brain dead !!!

This is evidential prove that you are good with straws but not the hard facts.

The punshment for this sin and the consequential sorrow and pain , is written all over the bible for anyone who wants to examine the facts.

(4)How come homo$exuality is condemned by the bible and yet, David and Jonathan are exceptions. You doubt me? The bible clearly says they embraced,wept and after they had exhausted themselves, one of them cried out "The love you have shown me today exceeds that of women" !

David and Jonahan, homosexuals     grin

Surely you must be a h.omosexual to want to try and wrench the friendship of these two brothers , and twist it to suit the thinking of your depraved mind.

These were simply friends, the best of friends.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 09, 2011
frosbel:

David and Jonahan, homosexuals     grin
Surely you must be a h.omosexual to want to try and wrench the friendship of these two brothers , and twist it to suit the thinking of your depraved mind.
These were simply friends, the best of friends.

What kind of man tells another man that "the love you have shown me today exceeds that of a woman"?

That's ga, gaa,,,,,,,,, ggaa,,,,,,,,G@Y.  Don't worry, homosexu@lity is natural. man-lover people are people just like you and me.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 09, 2011
^^^

Homosexuality is a perversion , QED.

I repeat , David and Jonathan were the best of friends, period.

If you read this into some other meaning, then you are a h.omosexual appeaser   grin
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by mjconcept(m): 4:07pm On Oct 09, 2011
To test the obediance of Adam and Eve, but wait o was it Adam's fault?
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by arsenefc: 4:09pm On Oct 09, 2011
Because he was jobless and not the smartest god around.

The christian god, we now know, is  really dumb.

The smartest God around is the Buddhist god, I think. The Buddhist God would not have done something that stupiddd, neither would I. He is also a great philosopher too. The Christian God is an absolute doofus, jealous and greedy. The muslim God is too belligerent for my liking
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 09, 2011
frosbel:

^^^
Homosexuality is a perversion , QED.
I repeat , David and Jonathan were the best of friends, period.
If you read this into some other meaning, then you are a h.omosexual appeaser   grin

Don't worry, he was only bisexual. Takes your wife, impregnates her and then goes and cry in the arms of his boy toy. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Nice story.  grin
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 09, 2011
arsenefc:

Because he was jobless and not the smartest god around.

The christian god, we now know, is  really dumb.

The smartest God around is the Buddhist god, I think. He is also a great philosopher. The Christian God is an absolute doofus, jealous and greedy. The muslim God is too belligerent for my liking

The hatred for GOD has a simple cause. Men's hatred for righteousness and love for iniquity.

"And the judgment is based on this fact: God's light came into the world, but people loved the darkness more than the light, for their actions were evil." - John 3:19

Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by otokx(m): 4:15pm On Oct 09, 2011
when the poster sees God he can ask him
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by arsenefc: 4:19pm On Oct 09, 2011
otokx:

when the poster sees God he can ask him

Unfortunately for him, the christian god is in hiding, too ashamed to show face.

With all the atrocities this god of Christians has committed and has been committed in his name, I would be ashamed to show face too. TBH, if I were to see this god, I might be the first person to mug him. Too wicked a god!
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by lynxnoon(m): 4:20pm On Oct 09, 2011
@poster
Ask God. . . Simple undecided smiley
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by maclatunji: 4:24pm On Oct 09, 2011
I laugh in chinese- What is the forbidden tree?
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by cold(m): 4:26pm On Oct 09, 2011
Well Mr Frosbel,you seem to be well versed in scriptural matters.Can you shed some light on the op's question.I'm interested on your take on this issue
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by mjconcept(m): 4:27pm On Oct 09, 2011
[/quote][quote author=arsenefc link=topic=776711.msg9304905#msg9304905 date=1318173562]
Unfortunately for him, the christian god is in hiding, too ashamed to show face.

With all the atrocities this god of Christians has committed and has been committed in his name, I would be ashamed to show face too. TBH, if I were to see this god, I might be the first person to mug him. Too wicked a god!
I pray u to repent to avoid God wrath.
The foolishness of God is wiser than men.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by arsenefc: 4:31pm On Oct 09, 2011
mjconcept:

I pray u to repent to avoid God wrath.

I pray you stop quoting me to avoid my wrath.

I agree though that the wrath of your unforgiving mad god is something to be feared.

Thank goodness, my Buddhist god is far gentler and accommodating. He does not rule by fiat. My Buddhist god is far more deliberative and rational
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 09, 2011
^^

Your Buddhist god is a very good one, he sure does not give a damn about how you live your life.

So continue to wallow in your sins and keep chanting to a dead man ( Buddha ) to help your most pitiful state.

Sooner or later the truth will glaringly stare you in the face, let's hope it will not be too late.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by mjconcept(m): 4:35pm On Oct 09, 2011

I agree though that the wrath of your unforgiving mad god is something to be feared.

Thank goodness, my Buddhist god is far gentler and accommodating. He does not rule by fiat. My Buddhist god is far more deliberative and rational
Sorry ooh i know no say you are a Buddhist i thought i was taking to a fellow christain guy please accept my apology.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Maisuya1: 4:36pm On Oct 09, 2011
Fermit me to gib u an alternatib fersfective,

U see even before our creation we were destined to live on earth, Eden and what transpired there in was just a means to that end,
"And when your Lord said to the angels 'I shall put a vicegerent on earth', they (the angels) said 'would  You put therein one who will cause mischeif therein and shed blood, while we celebrate Your praise and glorify Your holy ( name)? He said to them 'I know what you know not' Q-2 v-30

So as u can see it is our fate to be on this planet, Eden, was just like any other thing that happens on earth a case of 'cause and effect'

I hope it answers ur question,
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by arsenefc: 4:36pm On Oct 09, 2011
^^^
frosbel:

^^

Your Buddhist god is a very good one, he sure does not give a damn about how you live your life.

So continue to wallow in your sins and keep chanting to a dead man ( Buddha ) to help your most pitiful state.

Sooner or later the truth will glaringly stare you in the face, let's hope it will not be too late.

Of course, your jesus is very much alive, still begging for his life on the cross of Calvary.

Instead of wasting your time with me here, why dont you just go help him down. You wont of course, because unlike what I'd do, you are still hoping for God to get the job done. ediota!
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by HISchild: 4:37pm On Oct 09, 2011
friend, GOD says

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts" - Isa 55:8-9 - "For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God" -  1Co_2:11.  Remember, we are very finite beings, dust and shadow, with finite minds but GOD is infinite in HIS doing and understanding, "Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite." -Psa_147:5

but by GOD's mercy we do know this, that "The LORD is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works"-Psa_145:17 and HE, GOD, tries /tests the heart.  "Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end; but establish the just: for the righteous God trieth the hearts and reins." - Psa_7:9.  The Lord GOD in HIS righteousness even applies HIS law to HIMSELF (remember when The Lord JESUS CHRIST, who is GOD [Isaiah 9:6, John 1:1, Rev 1:7-8] was in the wilderness for 40 days [Matt 4:1-11], as well as at others times)? GOD tested Abraham when HE asked him to sacrifice his son Isaac, GOD tested the nation of Israel when HE led them forth from Egypt. - "And thou shalt remember all the way which the LORD thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no." - Deu_8:2     i could go on and on.

"Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions." - Ecc_7:29  
-------
in addition to all the above, we know that GOD is perfect - "As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him." - 2Sa 22:31. "He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he." - Deu_32:4

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? / Pope Francis Appoints Jonas Benson Okoye As Bishop Of Nnewi / Share Your Prayer Request, Nairaland Pastors Will Pray For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.