Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

Why Test @ The 11th Hour? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Test @ The 11th Hour? (990 Views)

Lady Flaunts Cash Made From Sex With 3 Men In An Hour,see Her Statement / Why Test Driving The Engine May Not Suffice / 7 Reasons Why Test Of Sexual Capability Before Marriage Leads To Marital Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Test @ The 11th Hour? by WebMonk(m): 4:24pm On Sep 08, 2007
it has always bothered me. Maybe there's something i don't know that someone can tell me?

Normal case scenario: Man meets woman, they hit it off. Things are rosy, things get steamy, they're convinced they're meant for each other. they get engaged, then they go for "testing" (Medical test, genotype, whether you have HIV or not, you get the idea)

It's been bugging me why would 2 people go through all that drama and high maintenance (in this case, being extra careful because the relationship gets stronger everyday), only to do something like testing after, like the 11th hour? Doesn't make sense to me. More like they should do the testing when they have in mind that what they have is going to be serious.I've heard of many people (real people) whose lives changes when someone "failed" a test, hence posts like "what if she/he is HIV and you're engaged" and so on

But i haven't crossed that bridge. What do you think?

(I'm not referring to "boy-girl" relationships. Notice the use of "Man" and "Woman"wink
Re: Why Test @ The 11th Hour? by CrazyMan(m): 6:59pm On Sep 08, 2007
I think it would continue to remain that way (Test @ The 11th Hour). You see my dear friend; it’s not easy to approach a girl; and the first thing on your mind is you asking her to go for an HIV test. It would look more like an insult to her because according to her she would see you as someone who thinks she’s a cheap street girl or perhaps a prostitute.

That’s why you have condoms which serve as temporary protection until you two decide to cross the bridge, then you can ask her to go for a test.

Hope what I said made sense to you?
Re: Why Test @ The 11th Hour? by olanajim(m): 8:22pm On Sep 08, 2007
I agree with you crazykid, but it appear there is more to that. Sincerely, not everyone go for test at 11th hour. In fact, majority of Naija couple wouldn't go for the test! It is only recently that awareness start growing.

Something that baffle me as pointed out is why waste so much time on the relationship before asking for test? The case of genetype is particularly worth of mentioning. If you believe so much in genotype theory, why must you invest heavily in an affair that could end without any result? Honestly some people out there need to be alerted of the furtility of their efforts.

I think those falling in love at first sight are more vulnerable. It is better to begin from friendship, that would allow everyone to know one another better.
Re: Why Test @ The 11th Hour? by WebMonk(m): 5:44pm On Sep 09, 2007
crazykid:

I think it would continue to remain that way (Test @ The 11th Hour). You see my dear friend; it’s not easy to approach a girl; and the first thing on your mind is you asking her to go for an HIV test. It would look more like an insult to her because according to her she would see you as someone who thinks she’s a cheap street girl or perhaps a prostitute.

That’s why you have condoms which serve as temporary protection until you two decide to cross the bridge, then you can ask her to go for a test.

Hope what I said made sense to you?

I get you. But still, sad

Now that i think about it, it's still a gamble. It's just that when people say they would "peel out" because someone defaulted a test, they accuse them of not being "faithful" or "truly in love". One of my mother's friends married her husband, and they were both AS/AS. Out of three, they have one child as a sickler (SS). And whenever i look at this child, i think "Why go through it?" (Ironically, it's made their marriage stronger - weird, truth IS stranger than Fiction)

I guess it boils down to a gamble (Make una pray you no jam that kin situation e no FUNNY AT ALL!)

(1) (Reply)

Yahoo- Loverboy! / A Soulful Relationsip / Why Are The Ladies In The House Quiet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.