Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,209 members, 7,807,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:46 PM

Can A Girl Choose a Husband on Love Alone? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Girl Choose a Husband on Love Alone? (3333 Views)

I Was Conducting An Experiment Says Lady Who Was Looking For Husband On Twitter / Why You Shouldn't Date Her For "Love" Alone. / Wife Unknowingly Dating Her Husband On Facebook. True Life Story! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Girl Choose a Husband on Love Alone? by makgod(m): 3:20am On Jul 09, 2005
Originally: Is love enough for a girl to choose a guy for marriage?

I heard enough back here today on the radio about that stuff. In fact, I don't know what to think anymore.

If I say the guy must be a "made guy" then what happens to those who are not? If I say he needs not be,
then what happens to the needs of the woman? Because for sure , one thing I know is that "women like to be women"

You know what I mean. What do you think?
Re: Can A Girl Choose a Husband on Love Alone? by Kenya(f): 9:07am On Jul 09, 2005
I'm not married yet so these are ideas and beliefs that I have so far about my future.

According to the topic.

For me marriage is more than love this is a life long contract and partnership. We must be able to work within union together, We have to be compatible in some ways and we have got to strive for a balance in our relationship. We must be friends and able to communicate openly with one another.

He must have his life, I must have mine and we must have one together so that we don't loose our selves and our individual lives must not conflict too much with our life together. There are goals to meet together and personal achievements that we both want and need.

Example he may love technology and I may love community development these are very different but we must find a common ground to support each other and meet the bigger goal.

I'm not saying that love isn't important because you have got to have love for a person that you're going to be with. I'm just saying that it's not the most important factor. Love is an emotion and emotions are not stable because they change all of the time. One minute you think you are in love and the next you don't. So for me it's not stable enough for me to make it the bases of my choice for marriage. Besides, now a days we have to really define love too, so is it really love and if it is then what is love?

This doesn't mean marriage would be perfect it just means that you have an idea of what you are looking at and have a base to help put things back into perspective when the hard times come. Most of my friends and family are married so I get to listen and see many things. I try to learn from them and I know I will have to experience it for myself to have greater understanding of how it really works.

It's better if you know what you want but it can be complex if you are not sure and that's with any relationship.
Re: Can A Girl Choose a Husband on Love Alone? by DEKING3(m): 11:26am On Jul 09, 2005
I shall start by saying that the answer to this que. is a big NO. This is simply bcoz there are so many other things to consider in marriage. I'ld llike to say here that this is also applicable to the guys as well.

Love is an essential ingredient in marriage without which it would be tasteless. Nevertheless, one shouldn't allow this to becloud his/her sense of reasoning.

For instance, if you love someone so much and later discover that, he/she has a major problem with anger and say it's part of his nature and you decide to settle down with him. Know that he have also signed in with chaos.

Also, if you discover that his blood genotype and yours are not compatible and the doctor advises that you shouldn't get married so as not to produce sicklers would you go ahead with it? Of course not. If you do, you are only inviting liability into your life when you have such children.

Finally, I submit by saying that if you are in love with someone, try to sit down and find out some things which would help your future family so that everyone in the family would be happy.  cheesy
Re: Can A Girl Choose a Husband on Love Alone? by laideo(f): 12:51pm On Jul 09, 2005
These days the fact that you love somebody isn't reason enough to just jump into marriage. You have to take other things into consideration. Marriage entails much more than people think.
Re: Can A Girl Choose a Husband on Love Alone? by hotangel2(f): 5:57pm On Jul 09, 2005
Marriage isn't all about Love. Any girl that says "I am marrying this man only because i Love him", is a liar. There are so many things you put in consideration before marriage.
Re: Can A Girl Choose a Husband on Love Alone? by makgod(m): 5:31am On Jul 10, 2005
ooohhh, thats a bitter truth, i guesse we the guys have to work harder,and stop relying on those words from her mouth like "i love u so so so so so so very much" smiley
Re: Can A Girl Choose a Husband on Love Alone? by hotangel2(f): 4:27pm On Jul 10, 2005
Yeah you need to watch the way you rely on those words. I used to tell my ex bfs... "Olive Juice"..in place of "I love you", when I know they can't hear me but read my lips. Say it and you see it working.. "Olive juice" has the same mouth shape as "I love you". wink
Re: Can A Girl Choose a Husband on Love Alone? by dalington(m): 5:42pm On Jul 15, 2005
Personally, it all depends on how you explain or understand the meaning of "LOVE" in marriage there are so many things you look into not just that word love although love will be there at least to reassure the marriage but there are so many other things a woman should put into consideration before getting married to anybody
Re: Can A Girl Choose a Husband on Love Alone? by pkrix(m): 6:26pm On Jul 17, 2005
Olive juice?!

On the topic now:

Certainly not!
Re: Can A Girl Choose a Husband on Love Alone? by makgod(m): 5:52am On Jul 18, 2005
wait oh.... i am beginning to think... from this "olive juice thing....."
its like most women dont really love ... they just sit and wait for u guys to love them
cuz they generally think guys are not to be trusted........
and not worthy of their love......i hope i am wrong.
Re: Can A Girl Choose a Husband on Love Alone? by hotangel2(f): 7:23am On Jul 18, 2005
ha. Most girls love for love. But most girls don't. I don't judge all girls -- but if all girls were like me, Men need to start running.. Although everyone has a different personality.
Re: Can A Girl Choose a Husband on Love Alone? by makgod(m): 2:42pm On Jul 18, 2005
hmnn.. comment.
i hope u love someday,and u know it makes the world go round wink

please learn it, the feeling is soo....................cant really say.
u just need to be prayerful to meet the right guy.
Re: Can A Girl Choose a Husband on Love Alone? by gina34(f): 4:49pm On Aug 06, 2005
MY prayer is for my husband to be up and doing and definittly i will marry some one i love .cos is better to choose for love than for money. tongue
Re: Can A Girl Choose a Husband on Love Alone? by nike4luv(f): 4:50pm On Aug 06, 2005
o god..! arriage is always based on depth of de love and not for money..a person dat is not in his/her right mind will want to marry for money..its not right
Re: Can A Girl Choose a Husband on Love Alone? by makgod(m): 5:38am On Aug 07, 2005
well,70 percent of todays women dont think so, maybe u are talking like dis cuz u are just a
teenager, i will hear what u'll say when u hit 21.hehe
Re: Can A Girl Choose a Husband on Love Alone? by nike4luv(f): 1:46pm On Aug 07, 2005
wel i cant marry a guy cos of his money
Re: Can A Girl Choose a Husband on Love Alone? by gina34(f): 11:27am On Aug 08, 2005
makgodddddddddddddddd,who tell you say i be teenager. well sorry to dissappoint you am not a teenager. don,t think everybody is a teenager like you cos i know you be smalll boy. tongue
Re: Can A Girl Choose a Husband on Love Alone? by gina34(f): 3:14pm On Aug 10, 2005
@ De-king suspect me for wetin nah
well this is for u tongue plus
Re: Can A Girl Choose a Husband on Love Alone? by DEKING3(m): 3:31pm On Aug 10, 2005
You suppose know nah wink wink
Re: Can A Girl Choose a Husband on Love Alone? by gina34(f): 3:42pm On Aug 10, 2005
se me see trouble ,pls people help me to beg De- king oh
i kno no anything oh, God is my witness tongue tongue

Before i forget how old are u and which town u be their king tongue
Re: Can A Girl Choose a Husband on Love Alone? by DEKING3(m): 3:59pm On Aug 10, 2005
I said it!!! I dey suspect you shocked

But seriously why you ask? Besides, if you need to ask me this kind of question, don't use this forum.
Re: Can A Girl Choose a Husband on Love Alone? by gina34(f): 5:11pm On Aug 10, 2005
sorryyyyyyyyyy oh , but i want to know grin
Re: Can A Girl Choose a Husband on Love Alone? by DEKING3(m): 10:02am On Aug 11, 2005
sorryyyyyyyyyy but I won't tell you grin
Re: Can A Girl Choose a Husband on Love Alone? by hotangel2(f): 10:31am On Aug 11, 2005
is it just me or does. Gina and De-king like each other. Flirting from thread to thread. Ehhh...nairalanders..we have a wedding to hol doooo lipsrsealed
Re: Can A Girl Choose a Husband on Love Alone? by DEKING3(m): 10:39am On Aug 11, 2005
hot-angelllllllll what? which gina are you talking about? Kai!!!
Re: Can A Girl Choose a Husband on Love Alone? by hotangel2(f): 10:40am On Aug 11, 2005
The same one u know.
Re: Can A Girl Choose a Husband on Love Alone? by DEKING3(m): 10:47am On Aug 11, 2005
The only gina I know is a headache. So you see, I can't even imagine that. hot-angel plsssssssssssss drop it.
Re: Can A Girl Choose a Husband on Love Alone? by hotangel2(f): 10:48am On Aug 11, 2005
Seee..when u like someone that's when u call them head-ache. Awwww. Love is in the air. Wedding bells are ringing. awwwwwwww...i like the smell of love. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Can A Girl Choose a Husband on Love Alone? by DEKING3(m): 10:57am On Aug 11, 2005
sorry hot-angel, I can't hear any. I can even feel a thing.
Re: Can A Girl Choose a Husband on Love Alone? by hotangel2(f): 10:59am On Aug 11, 2005
Dude..be real...you know u feel it. Smell it.. feel it, live it. Just do it (nike[the company..not nigerian name oo] slogan)
Re: Can A Girl Choose a Husband on Love Alone? by DEKING3(m): 11:07am On Aug 11, 2005
sorry to dissapoint you but I don't?
Re: Can A Girl Choose a Husband on Love Alone? by hotangel2(f): 11:08am On Aug 11, 2005
U know u do...u just don't wanna admit it. Gina where are you?>??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Stop Looking At Ladies Arse. / Please Treat As Serious And Urgent I Need Your Advice And Way Forward / How Girls Ask If Guys Have Girlfriends And How Guys React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.