Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? (10558 Views)

Breaking News: Kogi State Is Under Attack Right Now. DSS Office Under Siege! / Nigeria: Jigawa Polio Free For 2 Years - Emir / Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by Katakore(m): 9:34am On Oct 09, 2011
Good morning, my fellow Nairalanders I want to hear your answers. As for me. I think is my State,Jigawa. Because I have been to different parts of the country, in most cases whenever I present my self as someone from Jigawa state, the response I normally get is strange. Some people behave as if they never heard of the name or Jigawa is not in Nigeria.

Currently I am serving in Rivers state. I resort to telling whoever bothered to ask of my state, that I am from Kano,our mother state.

To be honest how many of us know the name of the capital and Governor of Jigawa state.

God bless you. God bless our country, Nigeria.
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by chy101: 10:52am On Oct 09, 2011
At least you have to start from the five most popular states: viz-a-viz:

Lagos
Rivers
Anambra
Delta
Kano/kaduna

1 Like

Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by ifyalways(f): 11:16am On Oct 09, 2011
@Op,Is Duste your capital city?Dunno which is a state or Capital but IMO,Dutse and Jalingo are the least popular.
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by olawalebabs(m): 11:20am On Oct 09, 2011
As for me Yobe, Jigawa, Ebonyi, Taraba
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by MrGlobe(m): 12:14pm On Oct 09, 2011
Lagos is the least popular, followed by Ebonyi
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by abagoro(m): 12:34pm On Oct 09, 2011
olawalebab:

As for me Yobe, Jigawa, Ebonyi, Taraba

Its a shame that Ebonyi is the only less known Southern State.

Nassarawa

Ebonyi

Taraba

Jigawa

Yobe.

If not for Yerima's sharia and Atiku, Zamfara alongside Adamawa would have been there.
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by joeyfire(m): 12:52pm On Oct 09, 2011
Gombe!
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by asha80(m): 12:52pm On Oct 09, 2011
abagoro:

Its a shame that Ebonyi is the only less known Southern State.

Nassarawa

Ebonyi

Taraba

Jigawa

Yobe.

If not for Yerima's sharia and Atiku, Zamfara alongside Adamawa would have been there.

nna de abagoro do you have any idea to the question i asked here which is the last comment

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-772987.64.html#top
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by Chyz2: 3:05pm On Oct 09, 2011
kebbi and Yobe.
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 09, 2011
Without a doubt, Kebbi State is the least known state in Nigeria. Others may include:

Taraba,
Ebonyi,
Yobe.
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by KnowAll(m): 3:27pm On Oct 09, 2011
@poster, Jigawa is not unkonwn, in fact the Governor has been showered with a lot of encomiums in the last 2 years for the good works he is doing. In fact when it comes to a Governor that is perfroming North of the Niger and Benue, his name crops up as the liklely contender for the best performaning Governor. Those folks in Rivers State looking at you like an alien when you mentioned Jigawa do not no know what is going on.

[b]
To me without a shadow of doubt the least known states ar[/b]e

1. Yobe
2. Nassarawa
3. Kebbi
4.Gombe
5. Ebonyi

The least being the first one mentioned that is Yobe and 5th least being Ebonyi State.
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by aloyemeka1: 3:43pm On Oct 09, 2011
Is it possible that the least known ones are that way because they have very low crime rates and scandals?. What has Ekiti achieved more than Nassarawa apart from producing crooked governors,violent youths and continuous media coverage due to their culture of cutting the limbs of journalists?.

I think the title should be changed to famous and infamous states in Nigeria because Ekiti and Abia are two infamous states in Nigeria for sure.
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by Knight1(m): 5:04pm On Oct 09, 2011
there's one state that has come up most frequently

YOBE!!!

jigawa is popular, we still hear of sule lamido once in a while
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by Areosapien(f): 7:20pm On Oct 09, 2011
I'd say a vast amount of states in the North are not well known.

Yobe
Gombe
Kebbi
Nassarawa
Jigawa

In Central Nigeria, they're Taraba and Kogi

In the South, it's Ebonyi.

For me though, I'd say Kebbi is the most inconsequential of them all.
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by PHIPEX(m): 7:23pm On Oct 09, 2011
Knight1:

there's one state that has come up most frequently

YOBE!!!

jigawa is popular, we still hear of sule lamido once in a while

talk true, is that state in Nigeria? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by engrj(m): 7:28pm On Oct 09, 2011
Jigawa, Yobe, Gombe.
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by dayokanu(m): 7:32pm On Oct 09, 2011
Kebbi, Taraba, Yobe, Ebonyi Jigawa Gombe in that order
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by Areosapien(f): 7:33pm On Oct 09, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Is it possible that the least known ones are that way because they have very low crime rates and scandals?.

Oh, I vehemently disagree on that note, sir. Equating low media coverage with low crime rate is borderline fallacious, actually. I believe the reason the crime in those states aren't getting as much attention as Ekiti, is based on the simple and obvious fact that there is an existence of spine-shattering illiteracy in those Northern states. This makes it near impossible for the heavily uneducated citizens in that region to even know what they should rightfully expect from their government. So, when their governors are busy lining up their pockets with looted cash, the citizens don't complain to the media or open up to the world, but rather carry on wrestling with their emaciated cows.
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by maclatunji: 7:33pm On Oct 09, 2011
I saw this before it got to front page and I must honestly say Jigawa came to my mind. However, Jigawa State is reputed to be the the honey capital of Nigeria. So, let us all go and get some honey there.  grin
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 09, 2011
chy101:

Lagos
Rivers
Anambra
Delta
Kano/kaduna
You forgot to include Enugu.

Areosapien:

I'd say a vast amount of states in the North are not well known.

Yobe
Gombe
Kebbi
Nassarawa
Jigawa

In Central Nigeria, they're Taraba and Kogi

In the South, it's Ebonyi.

For me though, I'd say Kebbi is the most inconsequential of them all.
What of Zamfara?
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by aljharem3: 7:44pm On Oct 09, 2011
chy101:

Lagos
Rivers
Anambra
Delta
Kano/kaduna

anambra is not there, stop peddling lies here

Lagos
Rivers
Sokoto
Kano
Kaduna
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by aljharem3: 7:45pm On Oct 09, 2011
ItsModella:

You forgot to include Enugu.

Enugu ko, Ngwa ni grin
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by Beaf: 7:45pm On Oct 09, 2011
@OP
The best way to make your state known is to keep telling people about it, not hiding behind Kano. Here on NL, there have been many threads praising Sule Lamido, so its not as bad as it is out there on the streets. You can also post threads about your state, maybe about its culture and history (personal religion and politics will be a no-no on NL).

@topic
For the most unknown states, everyone seems to forget Zamfara! It should be:

Yobe
Zamfara
Kebbi
Gombe
Nasarawa
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by dayokanu(m): 7:46pm On Oct 09, 2011
^^  YYou mean Sokoto, Rivers etc are more Popular than Oyo State? More popular than Ibadan?
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by dayokanu(m): 7:47pm On Oct 09, 2011
Beaf:

@topic
For the most unknown states, everyone seems to forget Zamfara! It should be:

Egbon mi razist,

A lot of people know Zamfara for the Shariah. Shariah and Yerima made it popular
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by aljharem3: 7:48pm On Oct 09, 2011
The least unknown state in Nigeria is Ebonyi state

Although there are others such as Kebbi, Bayelsa, Taraba
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by AbuMaryam1(m): 7:49pm On Oct 09, 2011
Gombe is a well known state, unless if you dont know Gombe united, States like Jigawa, Ebonyi (due to difficulties in pronounciation) Abia (name umuahia, is well known among northern pals)) Edo( Benin city, is well known in North than Edo) Delta ( people dont know much abt it if not Niger Delta)
All my assertions are related to people from northern Nigeria, grin grin grin grin
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by lagcity(m): 7:52pm On Oct 09, 2011
ItsModella:

What of Zamfara?

Zamfara made a name for itself through the Sharia fiasco. It is well known becuase of coverage by Nigerian and Western media.

I'd say Nassarawa, Ebonyi, and Kebbi. Relatively new states that were created in the 90s by Abacha (Except Ekiti and Zamfara) are not well known.
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by dayokanu(m): 7:53pm On Oct 09, 2011
alj_harem:

The [size=18pt]least unknown state[/size] in Nigeria is Ebonyi state

Although there are others such as Kebbi, Bayelsa, Taraba

Bros eee. Softly softly ooo
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by kcjazz(m): 7:55pm On Oct 09, 2011
Least known but a great success story in the North, I hear your governor is leading the way. His policies shows an understanding of what the problems are and how to fix them
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by aljharem3: 7:55pm On Oct 09, 2011
dayokanu:

Bros eee. Softly softly ooo

Sorry egbon mi grin grin i meant the most unknown state in Nigeria

or least known state in Nigeria
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by maclatunji: 7:58pm On Oct 09, 2011
I think Ebonyi state is a close second in the 'Unknown State' rankings!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gov. Akpabio Begs: Sends Prince Akapbio To Lagos With $.5bn To Beg Tinubu.. / Ondo Governorship: Borrofice Favoured To Pick APC's Ticket / Military To Level Boko Haram Camps In Sambisa In Search Of Chibok Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.