Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,333 members, 7,780,871 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:21 AM

Ghanaians Are Ungrateful - Siasia - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ghanaians Are Ungrateful - Siasia (983 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Ghanaians Are Not Hurt By The Starlets Exit At All... / Letter To Ghanaians After Nigeria Beat Them 6:1. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ghanaians Are Ungrateful - Siasia by Africason(m): 2:28pm On Oct 10, 2011
I jusr read this story on Ghanaweb. Is it true?

London- Nigeria national football team coach Samson Siasia has lunched a verbal attack on the Ghanaian football body and it's fans. Siasia who will be facing the Black stars of Ghana on Tuesday is angry that Ghanaians are calling on the Black stars to beat Nigeria after the Super Eagle's disappointing 2-2 draw with Guinea that knocked them out of next year's African cup of Nations.

Speaking to DWFA.com, the visibly upset Siasia expressed his angered towards Ghanaian fans in general. Siasia claims he gave Ghana a lot to laugh about on Saturday afternoon and it is time they repay him by letting him win the match on Tuesday to keep his job.

" I can't believe what I have been hearing from the Ghanaian press. I gave Ghana a lot to entertained themselves with. It is not easy to make sure a team like the Super Eagles miss out on a big tournament like that. They[Ghanaians] want to beat us again? For what?"

He then went on to call the Ghanaian football community ungrateful while pleading to the Black stars to have pity on him.

" These fans are ungrateful. I gave them an entertaining afternoon and it is time for them to pay me by letting me keep my job. I hope the players we meet on Tuesday will have mercy on my team and not increase the unemployment rate" said a very disappointed Siasia

Both Ghana and Nigeria arrived in London on Sunday morning and trained in the late afternoon. Kickoff for the game is at 1400 GMT.

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/SportsArchive/artikel.php?ID=221239&comment=0#com

Is it some kind of joke or what? grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Will Our Premier Soccer League Ever Get It Right / Drop A Prayer For Fabrice Muamba / Exclusive Interview With Super Eagles Coach, Stephen Keshi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.