Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,368 members, 7,800,740 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners (26801 Views)

Poll: Which is more prefered ?

Strutural Engineering: 80% (28 votes)
High-way Engineering: 20% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. / Marine Engineering Aspirants And Practitioners: Any Future? / Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by Nobody: 12:04am On Dec 07, 2011
please i need answers to these two questions. 1. can i do my masters without doing my post graduate diploma? 2. How long does postgraduate diploma take? i am a civil engineering gradauate from a recognised polytechnic in Nigeria with a distinction in civil engineering. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by sybog: 6:53am On Dec 12, 2011
Hi you guys are doing too gr8, thumbs up. I just finished NYSC and ryt now I am just managing somewhere supervisin sites,  pls i need a consulting firm to work with where they do a lot of structural design, detailing and even sitework. I use AutoCAD and am willing to learn very fast. pls note that i am not so particular about how much they are willing to pay but the experience i stand to gain. pls any one wt valuable info can text on 08060829595 and you can be sure I'l call back
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by yamakuza: 10:30pm On Dec 28, 2011
You folks will have to keep this thread alive if you want it to remain sticky ooo!

Thanks.
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by TayoD1(m): 2:09pm On Jan 11, 2012
@topic,

So in these days of Boko Haram and such vermins, has anyone been designing blast resistant structures?
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by deolub: 12:33am On Jan 12, 2012
Hello nairalanders,
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by phiszo(m): 4:10am On Feb 02, 2012
Hello, i'm a 400L civil engineering student. Pls i need an I.T placemnt(6 mnts) preferably in lagos or Abuja, please if u can help, kindly reach me on 08137425566 or lipoz4sure@yahoo.com, tanx
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by zicky(m): 8:46pm On Feb 24, 2012
pls i need a copy of d eurocode. Bt in skul we r stil bin tot using BS CODE. Zic9ja@yahoo.com
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by Nobody: 11:23pm On Feb 24, 2012
Training for Offshore Platform Structural Design using SACS software will start at our new training centre located at Suite 28, Mobolaji Shopping Plaza, Ikota Bridge Bus Stop, Lekki-Epe Expressway from middle of March, 2012.

For further information, you can check our website:
www.aquilaconsults.com/training.html or mail info@aquilaconsults.com.

Regards,

Information Desk
Aquila Consults Ltd
Email: info@aquilaconsults.com
Tel: 07043132624
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by Nobody: 11:47pm On Feb 24, 2012
By the ways, SACS is the main software used in the design of offshore structures.

Also, we do have a course "Fundamentals of Structural Steel Design for the Oil & Gas Industry' for fresh graduates and other civil/structural engineers who might want to convert to the Oil and Gas sector. This is because Steel Design is very key in Offshore Structures Design. Also, our "Basic SACS Training" course includes a section on "Introduction to Offshore Engineering" to help freshers catch up quickly with the industry design requirements.

There are more opportunities in the sector now for all engineers (including civil/structural) due the Local Content Law which ensures that all engineering works in the Oil and Gas sector is now performed in Nigeria, unlike in the past when they are done abroad.

Hope this info is useful.

Regards,

Kunle A.
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by FRANKBENN(m): 3:59pm On Feb 27, 2012
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moments a single man contemplates it, because within him the image of a cathedral. ( Antoine de Saurt- Exupery)

am a computer literate on diploma, AutoCAD 2D & #D, ArchiCAD, graphics designs, right now am fighting on to get my national diploma certificate in quantity surveying. my number is +2348185656790. thanks in anticipation.
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by FRANKBENN(m): 4:07pm On Feb 27, 2012
[size=8pt][size=8pt]AWARD PROMO!        AWARD PROMO!!       AWARD PROMO!!![/size][/size]

computer course                                        amount                         duration.

DIPLOMA TRAINING                                  - 4,200.00  (with cert)     4 wks
AUTOCAD 2D& 3D designs and drawings - 7,200.00       "               2wks

PROGRAM STARTS FROM   MARCH 1ST 2012  -   ENDS   MARCH 30TH 2012.

more INFO: 08068793890, 08185656790.

time: 3pm  -  5pm DAILY

R.U.S.H   N.O.W!!!

FORM IS ON SALES! NEW YEAR BONANZA. ONE PERSON PER P.C.
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by FRANKBENN(m): 4:11pm On Feb 27, 2012
ADDRESS:

BLOCK A ROOM 25/26 C TO C PLAZA NKPOKITI JUCTION, ENUGU. NIGERIA.
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by FRANKBENN(m): 4:12pm On Feb 27, 2012
ADDRESS:

BLOCK A ROOM 25/26 C TO C PLAZA NKPOKITI JUCTION, ENUGU. NIGERIA.
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by yamakuza: 7:49am On Feb 29, 2012
Osezua:

Hello all,

please I want someone to explain to me how I can become a member of the Nigerian society of Engineers. I Studied Building Technology HND (upper credit). 4yrs experience. I am planning to do a PGD in Civil Engineering.

reply will be appreciated.

www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-878735.0.html
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 25, 2012
All,

The classes for our Basic SACS Training for Offshore Platform Design will commence by 9:00 am on Saturday, 14th April 2012 at our Training Centre, Suite 28, Mobolaji Shopping Plaza, By Ikota Bridge (after Chevron Roundabout & Lekki 2nd Tollgate), Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lagos. The classes will be for four consecutive Saturdays.

For those also interested, the "Fundamental of Structural Steel Design for the Oil and Gas Industry" will be scheduled immediately after the SACS classes in the second week of May, 2011.

Please confirm attendance of the SACS Classes by sending full name, email address and telephone numbers to info@aquilaconsults.com so that I can send you the account details. All payments are to be made before 11th April 2012 to enable adequate preparation.

Regards,
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by yongnoble(m): 8:53pm On Mar 26, 2012
kunlef: All,

The classes for our Basic SACS Training for Offshore Platform Design will commence by 9:00 am on Saturday, 14th April 2012 at our Training Centre, Suite 28, Mobolaji Shopping Plaza, By Ikota Bridge (after Chevron Roundabout & Lekki 2nd Tollgate), Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lagos. The classes will be for four consecutive Saturdays.

For those also interested, the "Fundamental of Structural Steel Design for the Oil and Gas Industry" will be scheduled immediately after the SACS classes in the second week of May, 2011.

Please confirm attendance of the SACS Classes by sending full name, email address and telephone numbers to info@aquilaconsults.com so that I can send you the account details. All payments are to be made before 11th April 2012 to enable adequate preparation.

Regards,
@kunlef, you guys should also consider organizing similar training in Port Harcourt. I'm interested in attending but i can't come over to lagos because of my work.
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by whitechriz(m): 7:53pm On Apr 07, 2012
WAOOH ....

I am so inspired right now and am happy to be in this field we need lot more experience right here ....... am still an upcoming artist in this industry and i want ppl with great experience like yusuf and odas to please draw us along as schools in this country will not give us all we need to compete in the international market

I see no reason why all the white ass hole will come down here take up the jobs meant to be done by we Nigeria and do it all and now give us peanut and the labourer work

PLEASE MY PPL WE NEED TO STUDY HARD RESEARCH HARD TO BE UP TO DATE AND PUSH THIS WHITES OUT AND DO OUR WORKS .
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by Estiimable(m): 8:53am On Apr 17, 2012
Pls where can i learn how to use CivilCAD,Autodesk Land Development, Softdesk 8 and SACS software?
Am in Awka, Anambra State at the moment.
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by phransix147(m): 9:46am On May 06, 2012
Good day great Civil Engineers. I am Francis a graduate of Federal Univers
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by yongnoble(m): 8:19pm On May 07, 2012
Estiimable: Pls where can i learn how to use CivilCAD,Autodesk Land Development, Softdesk 8 and SACS software?
Am in Awka, Anambra State at the moment.

www.google.com
its the best teacher, just search and download tutorials (pdf, e-books and multimedia).
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by sybog: 9:59pm On May 13, 2012
hi peeps, i have an interview in consulting firm and i dont know what to really expect. anybody wanna help
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by sholah: 8:21am On May 16, 2012
Hello all,

Just found myself in d civil engineering profession after spending sometime in IT and management trainee scheme (in all for about 4 years after graduation).I would like to improve myself. I was immediately thrown into a construction site by my manager without any experience whatsoever. I intend to use this thread as my "mentor" and I am indeed gonna be asking a lot of basic and sometimes "dumb" questions. I hope I wud get patient and understanding pple to reply me. Meanwhile, I d like to know about good self explanatory books on RC structual analysis and design.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by phransix147(m): 7:40am On May 17, 2012
Our senior professionals here are so self centred they don't even care about us. We post our challenges and all they do is keep mute... Well its only normal in life, I advise we young civil engineers to find solace else where not on this Nairaland forum,
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by HVILLE: 6:33pm On May 17, 2012
Agree with u Phransix
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by akhype(m): 2:36pm On May 18, 2012
[@HVILLE]Agree with u Phransix[]

seconded, gbam!
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by Estiimable(m): 8:38pm On Jul 21, 2012
Please who can help me Orion and Prokon Structural designing softwares?
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by Estiimable(m): 8:42pm On Jul 21, 2012
Please who can help mε with Orion and Prokon Structural designing softwares?
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by Estiimable(m): 8:47pm On Jul 21, 2012
Please who can help me with Orion and Prokon Structural designing softwares?
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by bols78: 9:30am On Aug 16, 2012
call me on 08034978440 for prokon and orion.
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by Insanity(m): 8:22pm On Aug 16, 2012
sholah: Hello all,

Just found myself in d civil engineering profession after spending sometime in IT and management trainee scheme (in all for about 4 years after graduation).I would like to improve myself. I was immediately thrown into a construction site by my manager without any experience whatsoever. I intend to use this thread as my "mentor" and I am indeed gonna be asking a lot of basic and sometimes "dumb" questions. I hope I wud get patient and understanding pple to reply me. Meanwhile, I d like to know about good self explanatory books on RC structual analysis and design.

Thanks

From IT to construction, i am speechless, what a country, and without any experience what so ever while so many Civil Engineering graduates are still searching for job placements. *smh. Well, going to your request, its gonna be hard for you i have to say. You need to have a very strong foundation in Engineering maths and advance physics to even understand the formulars and equations you will see in any of those Structural Engineering books. i'll suggest Design of Reinforced Concrete Structures by Oyenuga Vol 2. Its really good and has examples of building plans and design calculations at the last pages. Goodluck wif that.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff / Should I Dump My Bsc Degree To Be A Mechanic Apprentice? / Customer Service Agents Might Go Hungry In The Nearest Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.