Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,785 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners (26806 Views)

Poll: Which is more prefered ?

Strutural Engineering: 80% (28 votes)
High-way Engineering: 20% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. / Marine Engineering Aspirants And Practitioners: Any Future? / Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 19, 2012
All,

The next classes for our Basic SACS Training for Offshore Platform Design will commence by 9:00 am on Saturday, 8th September 2012 at our Training Centre in Ikota, Lagos. The classes will be for four consecutive Saturdays.

Please confirm attendance of the SACS Classes by sending full name, email address and telephone numbers to info@aquilaconsults.com so that I can send you the account details. All payments are to be made before 4th September 2012 to enable adequate preparation.

Regards,
Kunlef
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by Lindsee(f): 11:25pm On Aug 22, 2012
Do u need sme1 to manage audio production, sound engineering for events of all kinds and recording for projects, etc?..ping me or call 08060372872
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by yusufu16: 11:04pm On Oct 17, 2012
Ejiekwu 1: any body who needs EUROCODES should post their email addresses im giving it out free

i need the EUROCODE please send it to mi e.mail ejiekwuone@yahoo.com

CHECK UR EMAIL FOR THE EUROCODE
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by phiszo(m): 4:39pm On Oct 18, 2012
Please i also need d eurocode
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by Akadaworld(m): 9:09pm On Feb 17, 2013
We supply granite:

Stone Dust
1/2" Granite
3/4" Granite
Hardcore

Please kindly do well to help us tell your friends that are into construction business. Thanks.

Akada World Trade International Limited
6, Olusegun Obasanjo Way, Beside DHL Office, Ita-Eko, Abeokuta, Ogun State.
Tel: 08037226372 & 08085196184
Email: akadaworldtrade@yahoo.com
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by JejeJaiye: 12:12pm On Feb 27, 2013
[b]Am a
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by JejeJaiye: 12:17pm On Feb 27, 2013
Am a Structural
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by Ogbonaikenna(m): 12:01pm On Jul 07, 2013
Good day everyone, i'm a fresh civil engineering graduate and needs a job. I'm in port harcourt, river state. My contact is ogbonaikenna@yahoo.com
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by Dasini: 11:02am On Jul 09, 2013
Great Nation Builders,am a civil engineer with specialization in structures and highway.pls,I need a job, I can design and draft using Orion and autocaD respectively, ur assistance in securing this wil be highly cherished.u can reach me via this mail olawunidayo@gmail.com
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by olololad: 9:18pm On Jul 06, 2014
Great Nation Builders,am a civil engineer graduate with hsse certification, specialized in highway and structure .pls,I need a
job, your assistance in securing this wil be
highly cherished.u can reach me via this mail
Jelilololade@gmail.com or 07033469830
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by Horlawoomey(m): 7:03pm On Jul 07, 2014
Superior Civil Engineers in the house please let us revive this thread so that many people can stand to benefit from various observations and experiences. I am currently having problem choosing among the structural designing software available, can someone help out please ?
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by Insanity(m): 5:47pm On Jul 30, 2014
Horlawoomey: Superior Civil Engineers in the house please let us revive this thread so that many people can stand to benefit from various observations and experiences. I am currently having problem choosing among the structural designing software available, can someone help out please ?

Depends on the industry you work or wanna work in. Assuming you work as a structural engineer in the petroleum industry, you need to know how to use SACs, FEA software etc. Find out the software that is mostly used in ya industry of interest and work to be a Pro in it.
Take Care.
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by Horlawoomey(m): 10:53pm On Jul 30, 2014
Insanity:

Depends on the industry you work or wanna work in. Assuming you work as a structural engineer in the petroleum industry, you need to know how to use SACs, FEA software etc. Find out the software that is mostly used in ya industry of interest and work to be a Pro in it.
Take Care.
.... Thanks so much bro
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by Tiimmy(m): 7:34am On Aug 06, 2014
Really awesome software for engineers

See blog below for other awesome softwares

http://timmsvillee..com/

You'll also find this thread interesting.

https://www.nairaland.com/1842429/must-read-engineers-architects-graphic

Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by Tiimmy(m): 8:24am On Aug 12, 2014
Latest course available..

Must Read for Elect-Elect Engineers, Physics Graduates, Computer Engineers and anyone interested in Instrumentation & Controls Engineering. Like, share, critic & comment...

http://timmsvillee..com/2014/08/instrumentation-control-and-automation.html

Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by Nobody: 3:06am On Aug 19, 2014
hello....please,who can explain the process of blinding in a construction site
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by Horlawoomey(m): 10:02am On Aug 19, 2014
Teebest82: hello....please,who can explain the process of blinding in a construction site
.... To my experience, blinding is a concrete in the foundation of about 50mm thick mostly, it is casted in place after the ground have been leveled and compacted, it main purpose is to prevent the reinforcements in the foundation base from corrosion thereby serving the process of being the cover.
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by houseoftuition: 1:22am On Aug 28, 2014
You can now get Chartered from the comfort of your own house at www.IcanLectures.com.ng Even if you are new to the Curriculum,with no previous knowledge, it is our diligent commitment and promise to you, that nevertheless, YOU WILL PASS.

Stay in the comfort of your home or office and we'll bring you as perfect an understanding as is humanly possible.
Give us a try and see that these are no mere words.

Regards
The IcanLectures.com.ng Team
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 03, 2014
In Nigeria, hw much does a civil engineer earn on average?
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by Tex42(m): 2:26pm On Sep 05, 2014
to the experienced/practising civil engineers on this thread; can we have a complete list of sofyware applications that are relevant to civil engineers.

help with important civil engr. app software for prospective pursuing a career in the following

*structures

*highway

*oil and gas

*geotech
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by philipciveng(m): 6:56pm On Sep 18, 2014
good evening my able engineers, i am to design a 6m high un upstructed Hall which was partitioned with ove 14 hotel rooms and has roof slab that is to be design for an event
lenght is 50m and bredth is 12.475m i am confused.....and i am not to design waffle slab
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by Nobody: 12:37am On Sep 30, 2014
Tex42: to the experienced/practising civil engineers on this thread; can we have a complete list of sofyware applications that are relevant to civil engineers.

help with important civil engr. app software for prospective pursuing a career in the following

*structures

*highway

*oil and gas

*geotech

+ AutoCAD is key to any engineering career. Start there

+ Staad pro covers most onshore concrete and steel jobs you will encounter

+ SACS is the king of oil and gas design among structural engineers

Develop a knack for learning software's on your own. There are too many to learn and too few employers to train you
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by Tex42(m): 11:39pm On Oct 01, 2014
petsaint:

Develop a knack for learning software's on your own. There are too many to learn and too few employers to train you
are u saying that i can really learn these softwares on my own,that is if i have the basics
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by Tex42(m): 11:40pm On Oct 01, 2014
petsaint:

are u saying that i can really learn these softwares on my own,that is if i know the basics?
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 08, 2014
Tex42:
are u saying that i can really learn these softwares on my own,that is if i have the basics

Sure. I learnt AutoCAD and staad on my own and many more. You develop a knack for using them once you can master one or two OYO
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by TERRYNKEM: 11:32pm On Oct 08, 2014
yusufu16:
I HAVE BEEN LONGING TO THIS THREAD. LETS SHARE IDEAS AND EXPERIENCE. [b]WILL SOON START AUTOCAD CIVIL 3D SOFTWARE TUTORIAL[/b]ON THIS THREAD
pls I would love to learn it
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by TERRYNKEM: 6:24am On Oct 09, 2014
tunene:

Ejiekwu,
I have sent EN 1992 to you. I tried attaching the doc on Nairaland but I couldn't; I am constrained to 200kB and the doc is about 1.2MB.

Great people,

The problem is I do not have all of them but I have this one EN 1992 which supersedes BS 8110.
Euro codes are not readily available yet, you might need to buy either hard or soft copies online but I hope you find this one useful.

Regards.
pls my great civil Engr,can u send me d eurocode? my email: terrynkem@yahoo.com. thank u so much

1 Like

Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by Tex42(m): 8:27pm On Oct 09, 2014
petsaint:

Sure. I learnt AutoCAD and staad on my own and many more. You develop a knack for using them once you can master one or two OYO
thanks alot. i really appreciate what u are doing to enlighten us in this thread.

going to buy autocad 2007 tomorrow.
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 09, 2014
Which is better for Geometric design of highways, Autodesk Land Development or Autocad Civil 3D?
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by Macelliot(m): 10:57pm On Oct 09, 2014
I'm a teen, I wanna study civil engineering in higher institution.
What must I know?
What must I do?
Pls, I need an advance civil engineer to enlighten me.......
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 10, 2014
Macelliot:
I'm a teen, I wanna study civil engineering in higher institution.
What must I know?
What must I do?
Pls, I need an advance civil engineer to enlighten me.......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff / Customer Service Agents Might Go Hungry In The Nearest Future / Working With A Falsified Statement Of Result For 2 Yrs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.