Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,575 members, 7,801,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

Etisalat Easyblaze Restricted To 70kB/s? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Etisalat Easyblaze Restricted To 70kB/s? (7949 Views)

Is Your Facebook Access Restricted? / After Switching Off N Turn On A Nokia 3110c It Showed Phone Restricted.anybody Gat Idea On Hw 2 Bypa / Is The Vmobile Gprs Service Restricted To Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Etisalat Easyblaze Restricted To 70kB/s? by jmaine: 11:24am On Oct 14, 2011
malikalhaj:

Pls someone in lag shld pls let me no his/her dload speed

I stay in Lag . . . .and that Screen shot above is constant despite their poor 3G network in my area
Re: Etisalat Easyblaze Restricted To 70kB/s? by 2baga(m): 11:30am On Oct 14, 2011
it is actually location dependent cos even d various ntwrk providers allocate signal resources based on estimated pop. and tele-density
Re: Etisalat Easyblaze Restricted To 70kB/s? by malikalhaj: 11:42am On Oct 14, 2011
jmaine:

I stay in Lag . . . .and that Screen shot above is constant despite their poor 3G network in my area
which area? tried 3 diff locations yet i still get the same speed
Re: Etisalat Easyblaze Restricted To 70kB/s? by jmaine: 11:55am On Oct 14, 2011
malikalhaj:

Sabo area . . .but the 3G networks hovers around just one or two bars embarassed . . .but it's still manageable . . .
Re: Etisalat Easyblaze Restricted To 70kB/s? by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 18, 2011
malikalhaj:

still not to be compared with glo.
the first is the regular you get from glo

the second picture happened yesterday around 2am

Re: Etisalat Easyblaze Restricted To 70kB/s? by texazzpete(m): 8:02am On Oct 18, 2011
webdezzi:

still not to be compared with glo.
the first is the regular you get from glo

the second picture happened yesterday around 2am

That's with a download manager.
Use Speedtest.net to test the connection speed.
Re: Etisalat Easyblaze Restricted To 70kB/s? by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 18, 2011
Download manager more accurate compared to speedtest.net

speedtest was written in actionscript and what happens at the background is the server tries to upload and download data and does the calculation based on the size of data it was able to transfer compared to how long it took.

that process is flawed because the performance of the flash player at the test time is questionable, asides that
Actionscript does not support parallel processing, and there is absolutely no way you can instruct flash to take up all network bandwidth from a single browser.
windows update, antivirus update, or even externally programs can interfere with your speedtest.net result

download manager are able to break this limitation with multiple thread downloads.

what the download manager does it use more than one thread to get same file from server, in my case, i used 16 threads which most of the time will cripple other web communications, allowing you to fully get the max bandwidth obtainable.
take it as opening 16 firefox tabs and downloading from each.
Re: Etisalat Easyblaze Restricted To 70kB/s? by texazzpete(m): 2:30pm On Oct 18, 2011
webdezzi:

Download manager more accurate compared to speedtest.net

speedtest was written in actionscript and what happens at the background is the server tries to upload and download data and does the calculation based on the size of data it was able to transfer compared to how long it took.

that process is flawed because the performance of the flash player at the test time is questionable, asides that
Actionscript does not support parallel processing, and there is absolutely no way you can instruct flash to take up all network bandwidth from a single browser.
windows update, antivirus update, or even externally programs can interfere with your speedtest.net result

download manager are able to break this limitation with multiple thread downloads.

what the download manager does it use more than one thread to get same file from server, in my case, i used 16 threads which most of the time will cripple other web communications, allowing you to fully get the max bandwidth obtainable.
take it as opening 16 firefox tabs and downloading from each.

What you should be showing is the real world speed users are likely to get from these our HSDPA networks while carrying out most online tasks on their smartphones, tablets or computers. Using a download manager with multiple parallel downloads of the same file to track the max download speed you'll get is rather misleading, IMHO.

I don't agree with your firefox tabs analogy. The time taken to load one webpage in a firefox tab is what you should be tracking and is what speedtest tries to report.

99% of users are far more concerned with how long it'll take to stream a video from YouTube or load through facebook albums.
Re: Etisalat Easyblaze Restricted To 70kB/s? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 18, 2011
texazzpete:

What you should be showing is the real world speed users are likely to get from these our HSDPA networks while carrying out most online tasks on their smartphones, tablets or computers. Using a download manager with multiple parallel downloads of the same file to track the max download speed you'll get is rather misleading, IMHO.

I don't agree with your firefox tabs analogy. The time taken to load one webpage in a firefox tab is what you should be tracking and is what speedtest tries to report.

99% of users are far more concerned with how long it'll take to stream a video from YouTube or load through facebook albums.

it is not misleading. You need to understand the concept behind measurement taking first: to get the MAX

imagine me saying i downloaded a 300kb file in 1 sec (file is currently on my desktop)
and you are saying, i should go to a website and check if my computer can do that or not.
then if the website says i cant do it, then thats not true.

I agree with you but first explain how the file made it to my desktop in 1 sec.
Re: Etisalat Easyblaze Restricted To 70kB/s? by talk2medo(m): 11:30am On Oct 19, 2011
Eti Untouch!! grin

Re: Etisalat Easyblaze Restricted To 70kB/s? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 19, 2011
how come the statistic says 1.99MBit which equals 246kb/s

statistics may be inaccurate but it's always very close.
Re: Etisalat Easyblaze Restricted To 70kB/s? by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:46pm On Oct 19, 2011
pls how exactly did u get ur eti sims to connect 3G?

my sim sees the damn network but refuses to connect unless i restrict to edge.
Re: Etisalat Easyblaze Restricted To 70kB/s? by benzion72(m): 5:52pm On Oct 19, 2011
I also experience difficult 3G connection after getting edge connection disconeect and reconnect to 3G that is how I do it
Re: Etisalat Easyblaze Restricted To 70kB/s? by vanchi(m): 10:56am On Oct 20, 2011
Load #100 on ur sim. Preferably a sim u will only be using for data calls only. Then dial *299*2*2# . Ur #100 goes bringing u access to 3g. Beware: if u recharge the sim #100 will be deducted every 24 hours
Re: Etisalat Easyblaze Restricted To 70kB/s? by Saddam: 11:34am On Oct 22, 2011
Here is what you need to achieve steady speed

Re: Etisalat Easyblaze Restricted To 70kB/s? by angelland: 4:51am On Oct 26, 2011
vanchi:

Load #100 on your sim. Preferably a sim u will only be using for data calls only. Then dial *299*2*2# . your #100 goes bringing u access to 3g. Beware: if u recharge the sim #100 will be deducted every 24 hours

The code (*299*2*2#) you mentioned is actually for subscribing to Etisalat 1.5Gb monthly data plan. I stand to be corrected.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Activate Airtel Double Data Offer / Camon CM Storage Issues... Pls Help. / Mtn Increases Mobile internet Data Alowance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.