Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,959 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

Siasia's Records-the Facts - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia's Records-the Facts (8644 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week / Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by medjai(m): 7:06am On Oct 14, 2011
Siasia should be given the boot. He should be replaced with Maurice Cooreman or Okey Emordi.
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 14, 2011
ow11:

Siasia has to go! angry

We don't care about 'improved' play or his other excuses. He should have beaten Ethiopia!! I mean Ethiopia!!!! The dude has lost the plot and should get the boot. NFF supported him all the way and he has no excuses.

However, I do not want to see any Serbian or backwater European mercenary. Nigerian football must go back into FIFA top 10 and I believe that can be achieved and sustained with a Nigerian coach .

My shortlist for Siasia's replacements

1. Sunday Oliseh
2. Daniel Amokachi
3. Okey Emordi
4. Kadiri Ikhana
5. Stephen Keshi

medjai:

Siasia should be given the boot. He should be replaced with Maurice Cooreman or Okey Emordi.

Siasia should stay, he has done very well in my opinion. I love the discipline and sense of urgency he has imbued into the team.
It is not as If we would win the Nations cup anyway with these crop of players that could not convert 5 easy scoring chances,
When we have the likes of Ivory coast on a hundred percent qualification record.
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by BetaThings: 7:51am On Oct 14, 2011
yomola:

Siasia should stay, he has done very well in my opinion. I love the discipline and sense of urgency he has imbued into the team.
It is not as If we would win the Nations cup anyway with these crop of players that could not convert 5 easy scoring chances,
When we have the likes of Ivory coast on a hundred percent qualification record.

The same players - Mounrinho won Champions League; Same Players, Benitez was rapidly going down in Serie A

On our way to winning ACN in 1994, we defeated Zambia
Now[b] Zambia has qualified for the next ACN
Still, they sacked their coach
We did not qualify, yet we are retaining our coach
[/b]

Strange country
The politicking goes on as usual
Jonathan, fellow Bayelsan like Siasia, is watching though. I understand
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by BetaThings: 7:57am On Oct 14, 2011
John Obuh was owed salary for 17 months before he went to Colombia
Amodu is still being owed by NFF
Chukwu is still being owed by NFF

Siasia is paid WELL and promptly
He got all the friendlies he wanted

He has authority
What else
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 14, 2011
BetaThings:

John Obuh was owed salary for 17 months before he went to Colombia
Amodu is still being owed by NFF
Chukwu is still being owed by NFF

Siasia is paid WELL and promptly
He got all the friendlies he wanted

He has authority[b]
What else[/b]

Time,

Siasia once worked under harsh conditions too

Let us give him the time to learn from his mistakes 2013 is around the corner
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by jamp: 8:27am On Oct 14, 2011
why are u guys calling for siasia head. this is the man we all wanted to lead the super eagles. yes he made mistakes and i think he has learnt alot from it. foreign coaches will not help us.

if we want to win the world cup we must use an indigenous coach as no foreign coach has won the world cup. shocked

NIGERIA BE WISE
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by megapro(m): 8:57am On Oct 14, 2011
I was making reference to appearing in the final of two different FIFA/International games: Under 20 and Olympics (next thing to world cup). Broadricks led the under 17 (same age level and the lowest FIFA level) to 2 finals. Sub regional tournaments do not count. Nigerian home team has proved not to be good enough. Many coaches have tried but they are yet to make it to nations cup. Your game 32 ended 3-2 in favor of Germany and not 2-1 and that game explains why Haruna Lukman is yet to taste Super Eagles under Siasia.

@Ahidjo
Thanks.
3-2 corrected.

Germany sent their 3rd team, and played almost entire 2nd half with 10 men.
Why should Haruna be a scapegoat? at 2-2 last minute Siasia sent 9 men to the box for a cornerkick! same with Olympics.

what he said after the game:

"I'm not going to come back to junior levels anymore," he told Punch newspaper in Nigeria.
"I want to progress in life. I have tried the junior levels a couple of times and now I have failed.
"It's difficult to work with young African players as they struggle to comprehend you, so therefore you need a lot of time, if you don't have that you will never succeed.''
"In Europe it is a lot easier, the players are brought up from the academies and they learn a lot of things.
"But in Africa the players don't listen, their thinking is low and you have to repeat yourself over and over or they will forget."
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by SamsonAN: 9:02am On Oct 14, 2011
My dear friend, he knew all this odds before he took up the job and promised Nigerians heaven and earth. That is what one gets, when he keeps fighting  and intimidating his players. It breaks the team spirit. TB Joshua predicted and said "Unless they come together". He predicted Nigeria's qualification to the last FIFA world cup and Shuaibu Amodu, being a Muslim with faith, took the players for prayer. What happened at end? But Siasia instead, in collaboration with some officials instead, invited another prophet to pray for them. Heclaimed God revealed to him it will  be well. While Amodu was a victim of fate, Siasia is a victim of pride.
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by gascoign1(m): 9:13am On Oct 14, 2011
Target was clearly set for siasia to reach the semis of the AFCON and not necessarily win it,so if he cant even qualify for the games, why keep him till the next day?he was the highest paid local coach in the Nigeria history,he got all the support he needs, and yet he did what no coach has ever done in 25 years by plunging our football, yet some folks are still taking side with him, Sentiments! sentiments!! sentiments!!! killing us slowing,
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by Demdem(m): 9:17am On Oct 14, 2011
Despite this failure, i still want Siasia to stay and continue his work. However his pay should be reviewed down pending other considerations.
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by yimzy(f): 10:41am On Oct 14, 2011
There no need to dismiss Siasia let him learn his mistake.
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by lagos26: 11:22am On Oct 14, 2011
My People please listen:

Siasia is not the ONLY Nigerian coach.
Siasia was given the chance to prove himself after the sack of Eguaveon.
Siasia failed to prove that he can do better than the rest.
If Siasia was not given the opportunity to coach how then could we have known if he was good or not.
If Siasia is not shown the exit door, how then can we identify other great potentials?
People talk about Siasia been young and that he needs time to perform. How old is Pep before we saw how good he was?

My verdict:[color=#006600][/color]

Siasia should be advised to resign as that's the tango in football. Hire and Fire
Siasia can be re-appointed after some years past when he must have been better equipped.
Letting go of Siasia is not the end of his coaching career with Nigerian super eagles afterall, coaches are fired up north and get hired down south shocked
If Siasia is not let go, then it would amount to double standards on the part of NFF since others before him where also shown the exit doors for similar(minor) excuses.
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by Ben13: 11:40am On Oct 14, 2011
Siasia must have paid this guy for his time grin
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by BetaThings: 12:47pm On Oct 14, 2011
yomola:

Time,

Siasia once worked under harsh conditions too

Let us give him the time to learn from his mistakes 2013 is around the corner

So he should not perform under good conditions!
And we should close our eyes
Thank you
Very soon, we would blame politicians for abbetting cronyism, nepotism, incompetence
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by mikeywise(m): 1:29pm On Oct 14, 2011
all siasia haters make una go hug wet transformer. siasia is going nowhere wether u like it or not.
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by Gbenge77(m): 2:34pm On Oct 14, 2011
siasia has to be sacked,then we see what happens.
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by ceejay80s(m): 2:56pm On Oct 14, 2011
It was some of the players that ganged up and lost the match "on purpose" just to teach him a lesson or get him sacked.
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by mikuz(m): 7:01pm On Oct 14, 2011
Let's give him more time please.
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by 49cents(m): 7:30pm On Oct 14, 2011
@OP it is funny how you are stating records of saisia, then what happened to amodu who has qualified the SE to the world cup twice and even the nations' cup, siaisia saying that african players are dull is a incurably arrogant and thats why he fell frome grace.

Siasia is a control freak and tried to "break" men to boys, he cant manage mature players, my guess the entire team loathe him like plague, nobody likes conceited people; am  sure if you met siasia one on one you could never like him.
No mature can play for him!
medjai:

i believe Maurice Cooreman can build a team just like westerhof did
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by macayub(m): 7:51pm On Oct 14, 2011
If Siasia is not sack Nigeria will not qualify for the next WAFU Cup.  grin

Only a fool will continue to pay an unproductive worker.
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by macayub(m): 8:08pm On Oct 14, 2011
Below is the tactics employed by Guinea Coach and exposed by Mumini Alao, and yet the dullard SE coach Siasia let it work out as planned by the Michel Dussuyer. Yet some Nigerians still want this man (Siasia) to continue as SE coach.

Guinea Exposed!

Posted: Oct 05, 2011

I HAVE obtained exclusive details of the strategy that Guinea coach Michel Dussuyer wants to adopt this weekend in Abuja in order to beat Nigeria to the sole automatic qualifying ticket from our group for next year’s Africa Cup of Nations finals in Gabon and Equatorial Guinea.

For obvious reasons, I will not reveal how I got the document. But I am publishing it in SOCCERTALK today so that Super Eagles coach Samson Siasia and his players will know what they will come up against on Saturday. The highly classified document is titled “LOSE THE GAME, WIN THE TICKET: ABUJA STRATEGY FOR SYLI STARS. By Michel Dussuyer

Where We Are (Syli Nationale)

We are on top of the group table with 13 points, three points ahead of Nigeria on 10. We have also scored more goals with 11 against 10 by Nigeria.
We have conceded three goals, same as Nigeria. So we have a better goals difference of +8 while Nigeria has +7. We are ahead of Nigeria in three categories and equal to them in one. We are in a better position going into the final group match in Abuja.

Where We Want To Be

We want to remain on top of the group even AFTER the match in Abuja. All is possible for us because we can win, draw or lose and still be on top of the group. That is a good position for us. Psychologically, that is a strong position. It’s better if we win. That will be difficult but it is not impossible. If we get the chance, we will take it. It is not too difficult to get a draw, so we will try for a draw. To lose is our easiest option, but if even we lose, it’s no problem, provided we don’t lose by many goals. So, all is possible for us to remain on top of the table at the end of the match in Abuja. That is where we want to be.

How We Will Do It

We will stop Nigeria from scoring many goals, so we start with 4-5-1 formation. We start defending from their half of the field and then we crowd them in midfield with five men. We keep the ball in midfield and make them look for it. When we lose the ball, we close them down quickly, we don’t give them space.

Nigeria is not too good passing the ball in midfield, so we outplay them there. But they are very strong in the tackle so we must be ready to fight for the ball. Nigeria is very fast in attack but they lose many chances. It’s OK if they score one goal in the first half, but they must not score two goals. We must avoid the second goal and that is very easy to do because they will relax after their first goal. The pressure on us will reduce, so we can take one goal to the locker room. 1-0 against us at half-time is OK.

In the second half, we must maintain the score line up to 70 minutes. But if Nigeria score a second goal before that time, it’s still OK, no problem. With two goals, they will relax more, they will become complacent. I have watched many tapes of Nigeria’s games. They lose concentration towards the end of the game especially when they are leading. They think the game is already finished. So, on 70 minutes, we will introduce two fresh strikers. The Nigerian defence will be tired after 70 minutes and they will not be concentrating fully. Our two new  strikers will change our formation to 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 and we will attack them for the last 20 minutes. We will attack and attack and score one goal. ONE GOAL IS ENOUGH FOR US TO QUALIFY.

If we draw 1-1 or lose 2-1, its OK for us to qualify. And if Nigeria is careless again, we beat them 2-1 or draw 2-2. All is possible for us to qualify. No problem. No problem at all.

http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/news/2011/10/guinea-exposed
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by Relax101(m): 10:29pm On Oct 14, 2011
Siasia must remain till and take us to Brazil 2014.
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by honeric01(m): 4:13am On Oct 15, 2011
Relax101:

Siasia must remain till and take us to Brazil 2014.

So that he can waste our time and money again?

In 10 months alone, Siasia earned nothing less than 33 million naira, yet failed to give us the smallest of his task, qualify us for the nations cup.
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by ow11(m): 10:00am On Oct 15, 2011
yomola:

Siasia definitely has some positive output to the team BUT his naivety tactily and his over confidence (Against Togo in WAFU and now Guinea) has shown he is not the answer going forward. Every nation would love to have a Valery Lobanovsky and I think we can tinker till we find him.

Siasia needs to work in the pro-league with all the attendant hassles and win the CAF champions league then I'd trust him with winning the AFCON which should be Nigeria's target to dominate the AFCON like Egypt did and then face the world.

Those Guinean players are not better than our SE but on the day they were tactily disciplined and for some poor refereeing decisions should have indeed won that game. Siasia reminds me so much of Raymond Domenech. Headstrong and demands respect rather than earning it!
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 16, 2011
ow11:

Siasia definitely has some positive output to the team BUT his naivety tactily and his over confidence (Against Togo in WAFU and now Guinea) has shown he is not the answer going forward. Every nation would love to have a Valery Lobanovsky and I think we can tinker till we find him.

Siasia needs to work in the pro-league with all the attendant hassles and win the CAF champions league then I'd trust him with winning the AFCON which should be Nigeria's target to dominate the AFCON like Egypt did and then face the world.

Those Guinean players are not better than our SE but on the day they were tactily disciplined and for some poor refereeing decisions should have indeed won that game. Siasia reminds me so much of Raymond Domenech. Headstrong and demands respect rather than earning it!

We all learn from mistakes, He has made a major one and I am sure he is equally as sad as the rest of us
He has to be given the chance to learn from his mistake

as for winning the CAF champions league, It is impossible without a powerful sponsor e.g. the governor of a state
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by 1025: 7:44am On Oct 17, 2011
unless somebody is telling me siasia has to wait to collect the $5k bill he gave to mikel which was more important to him than the last match otherwise, he has no business remaining there till now.
if siasia does not like to forgive others, why will a sane person think of forgiveness for him.
let siasia go and practise some other profession like kidnapping or boko haram where forgiveness is a sin.
because he was made an ordinary coach, he turned himself to a demi god.
Re: Siasia's Records-the Facts by BetaThings: 10:39am On Oct 24, 2011
ahidjo:

Yes, Nigeria has failed for to qualify of AFCON 2012 courtesy of the last second equalizer in Abuja last Saturday. A lot of people have taken the result too far by advocating for the sack of Nigeria's most accomplished coach. This position if adopted will mean 20 steps backwards. The coming of Siaisa has brought keen competition in the Super Eagles unlike in the past when you can easily predict who gets invited and who gets to play. The play pattern of the Eagles has improved tremendously. They fight for the ball and play more as a team. Any attempt to get rid of Siasia by enemies of football in Nigeria will mean that indiscipline pays. Taking a look at Siasia's records below so far one cannot understand why the sudden change in attitude by some so called Nigerian fans. It has indeed happened before that, Siasia has failed to qualify the under 23 team for the all African games but went ahead to clinch the second spot in the olympics losing narrowly to Argentina in the final.I have a feeling that Siaisa will take us far in Brazil 2014
FACTS
1.  Siaisa has never lost to any African team in any competition. I stand to be corrected. Met Ghana 5 times now. Never lost a single game to them. We must remember Ghana Vs Nigeria in London without Siasia 4-1 against Nigeria. Nigeria Vs Ghana, AFCON 2008 2-1 without Siasia, 2010 AFCON without siasia 1-0. 2011 All African games qualifier in Ghana without Siasia 2-0.
2. Siasia is the only Nigerian coach in recent memory to have taken us to the olympics final
3. Siasia is the only Nigerian coach that has taken us to FIFA competition cup final twice(Holland 05 and Olympics 08)
4. Siasia is the only Nigerian coach to have held Brazil in any competition
5. Best Attacking football by any Nigerian coach dead or alive. In just one year of taking over the Super Eagles, his team has incredibly scored a whopping 20 goals in 8 matches. In every game the Eagles had played, they had score at least a goal with the exception of Ghana friendly
• Vs Sierra Leone: 2-1
• Vs Ethiopia: 4-0
• Vs Kenya: 3-0
• Vs Argentina: 4-1
• Vs Ethiopia: 2-2
• Vs Madagascar: 2-0
• Vs Argentina: 1-3
• Vs Guinea: 2-2
How then does this translate to poor performance?
For the game against Guinea which everybody seems to be focusing on, these factors must be considered for fairness;
• Timing: Did the 2pm start time play any role in the performance. When was the last time Nigeria played at that time and won?
• CAF’s confusing qualification method. Did it affect the entire qualification series?
• Prophesy, TB Joshua style: did it have any psychological effect on the team?
• Is there any reason to suspect sabotage on the part of players who were unusually missing “unmissable” chances.
• Siasia did not start the series, someone else started it and threw away the vital away game in Guinea and we have been chasing Guinea ever since then.
The point is that Siasia is our best bet for now
Togo WAFU loss in lagos. Forgot it?
So what is wrong with Siasia catching Guinea and winning
Isn't that what being a good coach about?

Your question is funny.
How then does this translate to poor performance?
If it is such a good performance, how come CAF is not giving us a ticket to Nations Cup
And you are saying the coaches that are going to the competition recorded "good" performance too?
Cameroon and Zambia (even after qualifying) have sacked their coaches

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference / Week 15 Uk Football Pool Fixtures / Sure 99.9% 4 And 10 Odds From "Bet Pro"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.