Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,140 members, 7,896,866 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 11:54 PM

Neymar: I Didn’t Join Saudi Pro League For The Money - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Neymar: I Didn’t Join Saudi Pro League For The Money (373 Views)

Victor Osimhen Said He Would Rather Go To MLS Than Join The Saudi Pro League / Neymar Gave Credit To Ronaldo For The Massive Growth In The Saudi Pro league / Ahmed Musa Leaves Leicester City To Join Saudi Arabia's Al-nassr On A Four-year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Neymar: I Didn’t Join Saudi Pro League For The Money by NaijaBookings: 2:56pm On Aug 16, 2023
I didn’t join Saudi Pro League for the money I earn, a £2.5m per week salary — Former PSG star, Neymar.

Former Paris Saint-Germain star, Neymar has denied reports circulating in the media that he joined the Saudi Pro League because of money.

It would be recalled that Neymar joined Al Hilal on a 2-year deal and will be earning £129.4 million per year, an average of £2.5m per week salary.

With a good number of years ahead of him to play, Neymar has been accused of leaving Europe because of the eye-watering cash he has been offered in Saudi.

However, while addressing the press the 31-year-old Brazilian star said that rather than money, his move to the Middle East was motivated by his desire to ‘be a global player’.

“I have achieved a lot in Europe & enjoyed special times but I have always wanted to be a global player & test myself with new challenges & opportunities in new places. I want to write new sporting history, and the Saudi Pro League has tremendous energy & quality players at the moment,” he said.

2 Likes

Re: Neymar: I Didn’t Join Saudi Pro League For The Money by NaijaBookings: 2:57pm On Aug 16, 2023
NAIJABET Exclusive Bets

QPR(3.66) vs Norwich City(1.96)

Draw: 3.64 #EFL

Ov 2.5 @ 1.71
Booking Code ☞ 804280

@ 1.70
Booking Code ☞ 804281

Manchester City(1.41) vs Sevilla(9.90)

Draw: 5.20 #UEFASuperCup

Un 3 @ 1.63
Booking Code ☞ 804278

No @ 1.85
Booking Code ☞ 804279

📢 Get 5% bonus on every deposit !
Promo code ➪ NaijaBet

📢 Get 5% bonus on every deposit !
Promo code ➪ NaijaBet
Re: Neymar: I Didn’t Join Saudi Pro League For The Money by Starboytwo(m): 3:01pm On Aug 16, 2023
Na xo.

Sha no get Injury. Play 1 full season for your career.

1 Like

Re: Neymar: I Didn’t Join Saudi Pro League For The Money by Solofresh2: 3:20pm On Aug 16, 2023
Story

1 Like

Re: Neymar: I Didn’t Join Saudi Pro League For The Money by EMMANUELNATION(m): 3:41pm On Aug 16, 2023
Neymar don play freekick for the media, professional lier. Who no want money. As far as I'm concerned most players move to Saudi for Oil money. Blunt truth ni yen.

I dey come, make I buy bread #2,500, beans #60 for my next street o jare. Thunder fire poverty

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Neymar: I Didn’t Join Saudi Pro League For The Money by youngsahito(m): 3:50pm On Aug 16, 2023
Lie Mohammed Neymar, if you say the truth, nobody will beat you.
Stop the lie and focus not to have injury b4 d middle of the season.

1 Like

Re: Neymar: I Didn’t Join Saudi Pro League For The Money by Almiron: 4:12pm On Aug 16, 2023
I guess he joined due to Penado’s influence then, since every players wey go dia so far, did so cos pendu Dey play in the desert according to dvmbf**k penadogs. 🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Neymar: I Didn’t Join Saudi Pro League For The Money by Beverlyjean(f): 12:16am On Aug 17, 2023
Only if Ten hang dint 4k up... for those saying it's about the money...don't forget that players like Iniesta , xavi joined Qatarian league , no one was interested to join them , even with the money offered

1 Like

Re: Neymar: I Didn’t Join Saudi Pro League For The Money by fourboys: 5:37am On Aug 17, 2023
Beverlyjean:
Only if Ten hang dint 4k up... for those saying it's about the money...don't forget that players like Iniesta , xavi joined Qatarian league , no one was interested to join them , even with the money offered
stop being childish... China did the same few years ago,, everybody in Saudi league are there for money,, said former Manchester United striker.. ighalo.
Re: Neymar: I Didn’t Join Saudi Pro League For The Money by Beverlyjean(f): 8:19am On Aug 17, 2023
fourboys:
stop being childish... China did the same few years ago,, everybody in Saudi league are there for money,, said former Manchester United striker.. ighalo.

So u think players that leave South America , Asia and Africa to play in Europe is not because of the money ?? During peles time , players in South America dint gn tk Europe to play , until Europe started dishing out cash ...

Saudi Arabia always had money, Saudi Arabia always lured players to come play in their league , but top players always declined to play there... only Ighalo , Talisca and Ahmed musa were the former European players that played there and they are all D list players .... If Ronaldo did not accept their offer, that league will still remain the same ... players saw Ronaldo play there and they all were like if he cam play there, then I too cam play there .... infact ,top European players are the ones making demands to play there.... salah and modric are next... say the truth for once ... if Messi as the one that joined and not Ronaldo, and these crop of top players followed , u minions will start to scream Messi Messi the goat... give honor to who honor is due .... what is happening in Saudi has never happened b4... China only signed c list starts apart from Eto Drogba and Tevez ...the rest were just C and D list ... Qatar tried with iniesta and xavi, it still dint work... USA also tried it by signing Beckham, no one followed, then after Beckham left, they signed Henry, no one still followed, they now signed Ibrahimovic after Henry, no one still followed...now they have signed Messi, but no one is still interested... Saudi signs Ronaldo, and Boom ...most top talents start to flood there

(1) (Reply)

English FA Considering Women's Football Team Coach To Take Over Men's Team / Heartbreaking Video Of Young Black Gymnast Being Skipped In Medal Ceremony / Al Ta'ee Vs Al Nassr 1-2 Video Highlights (download)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.