Stats: 3,143,357 members, 7,780,970 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:35 AM

James Bond & Jason Bourne: Who Is More Tight? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / James Bond & Jason Bourne: Who Is More Tight? (1251 Views)

Poll: Which of the two characters do you find more impressive?

James Bond: 50% (3 votes)
Jason Bourne: 50% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Who Is The Better Assassin,47 Or Jason Bourne? / Iroko TV Owner Jason Njoku Cheating Nollywood, Nigerian Film Producers / Jean Claude-Van Damme/Jason Statham: Who Does The 360 Karate Kick Better? (2) (3) (4)

James Bond & Jason Bourne: Who Is More Tight? by Ninjabyte(m): 4:32pm On Sep 10, 2007
Hey guys, i was just wondering, between Jason Bourne of the Bourne series (Identity, Supremacy and Ultimatum) and James Bond of the Bond series, who is more cool, more tight, more lethal?

Me, i will take Bourne. I mean the guy is relying completely on himself and he's racing against the whole world. Bond is cool tho, but take away the gadgets and what do you have?
Re: James Bond & Jason Bourne: Who Is More Tight? by mishooo(m): 4:51pm On Sep 10, 2007
James Bond is in real espionage biz grin grin

But Jason ?? He's a fugitive running from his past !!

so on which criteria do you want us to choose ??

Action/Ruthlessness or Adventure in Service to the Queen ??

If you get what i mean cheesy cheesy
Re: James Bond & Jason Bourne: Who Is More Tight? by vescucci(m): 11:26am On Sep 11, 2007
JB or JB, Hard choice!
I prefer JB to JB because I believe JB is more for real than JB, and if you really scrutinize JB on account of the books and the big screen adaptation, you'll see that he's much more serious and generally a 'man on a mission'. The only problem arises when you look at it from the perspective that mishooo does, where we put JB's spying skills to question, solely because we've never really had the chance to see him in regular action before he lost his mind, literally.

But in my opinion, when it comes down to it, lock the two JBs in a room and demand for only one to come out, JB will and JB will not. Cuz, face it, who has only a fraction of his mind and still plays the people who deployed him like toys? JB!

In case you're pissed, which you should really be by now, the JB I favour is Jason Bourne. Love him for more reasons than one. Initiated ones will know what I mean.
Re: James Bond & Jason Bourne: Who Is More Tight? by Ninjabyte(m): 5:21pm On Sep 11, 2007
@vesucci
I was beginning to wonder if u urself havent lost sumtin with this ur JB notation. JB vs JB arrgh, Panadol pls But then u got it fixed at the end. Nice style

@Mishoo
Well i guess in comparing, i wanted u to forget their backgrounds. Just focus on the characters and their style.
Re: James Bond & Jason Bourne: Who Is More Tight? by vescucci(m): 9:15am On Sep 12, 2007
Well I love it when people appreciate my limited wit, lol. I think the only edge JB has over JB is that he's working for the Queen, in contrast to the faceless CIA JB works for who end up wanting to do him in. British people have more couth than that, even if I do say so myself! Cheers, y'all!
Re: James Bond & Jason Bourne: Who Is More Tight? by Akin007(m): 10:13am On Sep 12, 2007
[b]wen u compare bruce lee wit jet li
or jackie chan wit stephen chow,
al pacino wit liotta
or even ogunde wit abija
then wat is d basis for comparison?
bourne is undisputably a very strong character
but comparing him with bond is hilarious
u only compare pple of same class
like bond n indiana jones,
bourne n probably the oceans guys
or whatever but def not bond
jason was born out of a desire for another bond
bond remains the basis 4 all other espionage shit either wit amnesia or any other ailment to explain their shortcomings
cos non can b as perfect as bond
just like ogunde remains a reference point
so does bond
and bourne was actually paranoid due to the training he underwent, doesn't like wat he does but has been brainwashed.
had a concience attack in identity nd aborted d mission hereby getting himself shot and left to die at sea (which is where d movie starts)
bond is acting more of free will and a passion to serve not on the run hereby xplaining some ruthlessness on jason's part.
talking style, i think i go for my name is bond, james bond.[/b]
Re: James Bond & Jason Bourne: Who Is More Tight? by kellorah: 3:14pm On Sep 12, 2007
I find Bond reeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaallllly FAKE!!
Besides, with Bourne the fights are like---''wow'' but when I watch Bond ''fight''---I don't see anything breath taking. undecided
Re: James Bond & Jason Bourne: Who Is More Tight? by vescucci(m): 10:31am On Sep 13, 2007
I think kellorah couldn't have said it better. I don't wanna start pointing out merits and demerits cuz I still like Bond, just like Bourne better.
Re: James Bond & Jason Bourne: Who Is More Tight? by Ninjabyte(m): 4:19pm On Sep 13, 2007
Thought I was the only one
Re: James Bond & Jason Bourne: Who Is More Tight? by Akin007(m): 10:16am On Sep 17, 2007
talking fight, bond is sure no super hero!
he's portrayed as quite ordinary man living at wit's end.
uses more of genuity than fists n more brains than brawns.
and always av d swimming car or the magic watch to get out of the troubles when he can no longer scam or charm his prosecutors.
bourne, kick the ass first and ask the questions later.
nobody really fights like that in reality but bonds figth scenes are very practical.
will always wear a bulletproff vest instead of dodging a bullet.
u get the gist?
Re: James Bond & Jason Bourne: Who Is More Tight? by Ninjabyte(m): 12:34pm On Sep 17, 2007
I agree with u Akin(007? No wonder. It makes sense now. U r so into bond, u styled ur name with his code). Bond is portrayed as an ordinary man. But let the truth be told, dont you think he gets too (i mean tooo) lucky most of the time?
Bourne acts according to the way the situations present themselves. He's not all about kick-ass and stuff. Sure, his fights are out of this earth, but everything about him is highly possible.
Re: James Bond & Jason Bourne: Who Is More Tight? by Akin007(m): 2:52pm On Sep 17, 2007
no shocked
i try as much as possible to be fair in my judgement kiss
and being lucky is not ability to talk ur way out of adversary but running away with guns, kicks, bombs and all other unescapable weapons being aimed at you. tongue
ki lo de? angry
highly possible? i mean his fights? how? smiley
Bond remains the bomb cool cool cool
Re: James Bond & Jason Bourne: Who Is More Tight? by vescucci(m): 8:28am On Sep 18, 2007
Bourne is the better of the two but I gotta admit, they're not operating at the same level. What I mean is that Bond is Bond and he doesn't seem to bother disguising his name or his reputation of which people say precedes him. Now I wonder, how the hell does this guy remain alive when every high class goon seems to know a thing or two about the not so secret 007. I love the guy but don't think his position will stand up to the brunt of real life.

Now, Bourne is a different thing entirely, totally paranoid, always looking over his shoulder, trusting nobbody and sh*t. He ain't got no runner, no informants and only him with his mind in fragments against the vast resources of the almighty CIA who has the NSA resources also at their disposal. c'mon man, there is no contest! But of course, this is just my opinion cuz I'm still biased because The Bourne trilogy is still my favorite so chapter closed.
Re: James Bond & Jason Bourne: Who Is More Tight? by Akin007(m): 4:00pm On Sep 18, 2007
bond is still alive cos he his BOND
bourne is paranoid cos he doesn't really know who he his.
adding 1's and getting 11'sis not mathematical neither is it practical.
if y'll get wat i mean.
ciao
Re: James Bond & Jason Bourne: Who Is More Tight? by Akin007(m): 4:36pm On Sep 24, 2007
[center]y are u guys mute?
did i win u out on the gist?
c ya all
[/center]
Re: James Bond & Jason Bourne: Who Is More Tight? by omasanfene: 4:51pm On Sep 24, 2007
james bond is the reason why all these guys are popping up. u cant beat the pioneer. cool,suave and in full control. James bond is it. 007 any day. jason bourne is a hustler and his cool in his own way. u cant even compare them.007 is a legend
Re: James Bond & Jason Bourne: Who Is More Tight? by lawuyi(m): 11:25pm On Sep 24, 2007
omansafene tell dem jooo. If not for James Bond u think we'd have all this other spies being so popular. Bond defines the word special agent. Haba can u compare Usher to James Brown We know someone might be popular right now but baba will always and forever be baba.
and 007 is definitely the baba
Re: James Bond & Jason Bourne: Who Is More Tight? by Akin007(m): 8:53am On Sep 25, 2007
ninjabyte, versc?
av u guys gone AWOL?
listen to the voice of reason and accept the obvious,
BOND is the standard and everybody just want to be like him!!!
ain't getting down wit wannabes

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Check Out Nandos Funny Advert Of African Dictators / PHOTOS From The Gods Are Still Not To Blame PREMIERE / How To Download Nigerian Movies Online