Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,833 members, 7,806,339 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! (9280 Views)

How To Identify Wifey Materials Anywhere In The World.... Please Read! / Why Single Girls Are Turning You Down When You Ask Them Out / 9 Things You Can Do When You Are Losing Trust In Your Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by kulumo: 3:46pm On Oct 14, 2011
It seems all the ladies are not comfortable with this post. But that's the reality; every bit of the post. They even deny their hubby sex in the name of being tired as a result of work thereby making a faithful man fall. Well God shall surely judge on the judgement day. All those marital vows women makes and they refuse to honor it, i will honor u, with my body etc, God shall judge.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by oladcity(m): 3:50pm On Oct 14, 2011
Its funny how some people are reacting to this well articulated post by the poster. Some are saying thats what you get for marrying a career woman, then you ask what does the career woman they are talking about do? A teller in the bank? is that a career woman? i Laugh in pidgin. we have this career woman thing mixed up.
Look!! what the poster is saying is that ladies should wake up to their responsibilities. Knowing how to cook, taking good care of your home does not make you a slave neither does it mean, your husband is taking advantage of you.
A man as well as a woman have their natural responsibilties in the home and mordernization or civilization only requires some level of understanding from both of them.
@ poster, i just want you to know also that there are still wonderful trail blazing lady professionals out there that are perfect wife/mother materials
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Nayah(f): 3:53pm On Oct 14, 2011
Poster, then the most clever would be helping them shining by supporting them in their projects, not blaming them when they want to work rather than staying at home, and the most important be yourself don't try to show them off your "material"

Then Nigerian females will change
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by ebonyvibe(f): 4:01pm On Oct 14, 2011
i dont know why the men in the house are loosing their cool.

It is simple if you want your woman to be your all in all you be the bread winner and she doesnt go to work and supply all her needs . Dont now call her a gold digger cos that is what you want. Men should learn what it is to be a bread winner and not expect women to do everything

If you want a career woman be prepared to share the house chores; it is that simple. Even if she is a teller at the bank she wakes up in the morning goes to work like you can come back almost the same time you do sooooo,  why should you come back home and put your legs on the stool while she slaves away in the kitchen.

Well all women are not tellers am a Manager and i employ husbands and fathers
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by oladcity(m): 4:10pm On Oct 14, 2011
ebonyvibe, you need not take it personal, i suppose if you read through what i wrote, you will see the third paragraph where i talked about understanding.
Also, please it will be good if you changed your perception that being married is all about the money each partner brings to the table or bread winning. Some men just need a wife they can have confidence in, a woman that can be strong for the family if he is not there.
Mind you i have many friends that don't need their wife to work, but they just love to see their wives progress in her chosing career, just like you and i want to believe that your hubby is proud of you for your achievements at work and your abilities at home too.
No offence i hope.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Obinoscopy(m): 4:15pm On Oct 14, 2011
No wonder why I'm yet to marry. . . . lol
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by ImaIma1(f): 4:15pm On Oct 14, 2011
the comments have been making me laugh men.first of all guys say they want a good wife, virtuous and all.but when they meet one they cant handle it.if she says she doesnt want premarital sex ahhhh the men run like hell. they want a girl that will sleep with them but at the same time they r looking for a virtuous, cultured, christian woman.
u also have to work for it.discipline is lacking in some guys.am not saying dt every girl havin premarital sex is bad o.dnt quote me wrongly.
but guys and ladies b4 u start complaining about how dirty your neighbours lawn is, u might want to clean urs first.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by safarigirl(f): 4:17pm On Oct 14, 2011
Hmm, men pls stop b.i.t.c.h.i.n.g and start helping out, i was raised in a balanced family, everyone did their part, my dad cooks sometimes, he does his laundry and pays the bills, same as my mum, slavery is OVER, my husband MUST be a freak in the kitchen, don't expect your mother's clone as a wife, you're looking for your better HALF, not a whole. MAN UP AND GET WITH THE TIMES.:-P
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by 2nex(m): 4:24pm On Oct 14, 2011
wel, ryt bt nt realy civilization,
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by pkv(m): 4:26pm On Oct 14, 2011
Imanuelle:

Gurls are into runs. . . . Doz dat aren't are wishin dey were. . . . No time to learn womanly values. .
my nairaland natasha is an exception!
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by ebonyvibe(f): 4:31pm On Oct 14, 2011
@ oladcity no offence taken but i dislike it when men come to a public forum to disregard women.

Men should learn to identify what they want and stick to it after all that is what courtship is about learning to know yourself if you realise that this woman isnt the superwoman you want and will need the assistant of a househelp then do not MARRY her. But another man will

the fact that all women should be all round everything for me doesnt work. If your wife is working and you still cant afford to maintain a balance house then with her agreement she probably needs to stop work and you do your natural role as the bread winner

safarigirl:

Hmm, men pls stop b.i.t.c.h.i.n.g and start helping out, i was raised in a balanced family, everyone did their part, my dad cooks sometimes, he does his laundry and pays the bills, same as my mum, slavery is OVER, my husband MUST be a freak in the kitchen, don't expect your mother's clone as a wife, you're looking for your better HALF, not a whole. MAN UP AND GET WITH THE TIMES.:-P

Nayah you can learn alot from Safarigirl
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 14, 2011
@plv. . . U betta allow her speak for herself.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by pkv(m): 4:43pm On Oct 14, 2011
Imanuelle:

@plv. . . U betta allow her speak for herself.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by oladcity(m): 4:48pm On Oct 14, 2011
I really don't see this thread concluding with a popular opinion. My 1 cent however is that; "As you lay your bed, so will you lie on it"
Every woman or man should have values that guides him/her to make decisions like who you want to marry. Do not believe in fairy tales and don't blame anyone for your predicaments.
A sure value that won't lead you astray is the value of salvation, that is if you are sincerely saved ( don't want to go into that now)

Ciao
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 14, 2011
Ima Ima:
the comments have been making me laugh men.first of all guys say they want a good wife, virtuous and all.but when they meet one they cant handle it.if she says she doesnt want premarital sex ahhhh the men run like hell. they want a girl that will sleep with them but at the same time they r looking for a virtuous, cultured, christian woman.
u also have to work for it.discipline is lacking in some guys.am not saying dt every girl havin premarital sex is bad o.dnt quote me wrongly.
but guys and ladies b4 u start complaining about how dirty your neighbours lawn is, u might want to clean urs first.

Best comment so far.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Sacarstic: 4:56pm On Oct 14, 2011
@poster you are right in most points you made,when you begin to impress this things on them they tell you that you are not a caring man and bla bla bla,it is bad but i have learnt not to worry about them anymore otherwise you wont get married and then you may start having kids from different women.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Dandy1(m): 5:29pm On Oct 14, 2011
I av a female friend bak in skool who's 4rm a fairly ok family.she was alws lucky(considering her looks) wit fairly rich en good lookin girls.My broda saw her wit 1 of dem 1 day en was lk ao can dis b her lover?He felt d guy's 2 hot 4 her.Bt d guy loved her truly,spends 4 her lk shit.They dated 4 lk 1yr plus,d guy was startin 2 propose marriage untill she had 2 visit him in Lagos.
  D girl spent a whole wk neva botherin 2 offer 2 cook a meal.Guy neva minded,he brings in tk-away meals en tks her out.Wen girl got back 2 skool,guy cald 2 tel her wat she did wrong,den decided 2 visit en dis time unlike b4 he wont b stayin in a hotel.He came 2 girls house.B4 arrival girl rushed home where housemaid helped prepare stew wich she brot 2 skool.En 4 d 1st 3days guy stayed girl continued cookin rice alone 2 d stew(since noodles n d pathetic white rice were d only foods she knows 2 cook)
  Guy had 2 voice out d 3rd nite n went 2 eat out.Sm wks later he called 2 call off rltnsp sayin girl's rm was untidy n she cant do stuffs(finds it hard 2 do dishes).She cant even cook mere yam;reason-she finds it hard 2 peel.Afta dis our lucky friend stil lost 2 oda great guys 2 d same factor.1 personally told me she loved everytin about girl,bt weneva he cums vivitin girl starves her.Bt she tinks guys are bad species of being.
  Now d big question:-
Dont u tink d only 1 she/we would blame 4 her heartbreaks is her mum dat neva deemed it fit 2 pass accross 2 her d knowledge en discipline?
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 14, 2011
Dandy.:

I av a female friend bak in skool who's 4rm a fairly ok family.she was alws lucky(considering her looks) wit fairly rich en good lookin girls.My broda saw her wit 1 of dem 1 day en was lk ao can dis b her lover?He felt d guy's 2 hot 4 her.Bt d guy loved her truly,spends 4 her lk poo.They dated 4 lk 1yr plus,d guy was startin 2 propose marriage untill she had 2 visit him in Lagos.
  D girl spent a whole wk neva botherin 2 offer 2 cook a meal.Guy neva minded,he brings in tk-away meals en tks her out.Wen girl got back 2 skool,guy cald 2 tel her wat she did wrong,den decided 2 visit en dis time unlike b4 he wont b stayin in a hotel.He came 2 girls house.B4 arrival girl rushed home where housemaid helped prepare stew wich she brot 2 skool.En 4 d 1st 3days guy stayed girl continued cookin rice alone 2 d stew(since noodles n d pathetic white rice were d only foods she knows 2 cook)
  Guy had 2 voice out d 3rd nite n went 2 eat out.Sm wks later he called 2 call off rltnsp sayin girl's rm was untidy n she cant do stuffs(finds it hard 2 do dishes).She cant even cook mere yam;reason-she finds it hard 2 peel.Afta dis our lucky friend stil lost 2 oda great guys 2 d same factor.1 personally told me she loved everytin about girl,bt weneva he cums vivitin girl starves her.Bt she tinks guys are bad species of being.
Dont u tink d only 1 she/we would blame 4 her heartbreaks is her mum dat neva deemed it fit 2 pass accross 2 her d knowledge en discipline?
[size=14pt]What if her mom taught her, but she did not learn?
Is Indomie and white rice NOT food? Dont they require skills to cook?
Why wont your friend teach her?
Your friend cant cook? Why?
Is knowledge and discipline restricted to females alone? Why?
Should knowledge of cooking be restricted to females alone? Why?
How about men that are untidy? Did their mama not teach them tidiness?
Why should your friend be expecting a complete package from an imperfect lady?
Is he perfect? . . .[/size]
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 14, 2011
Dandy.:
I av a female friend bak in skool who's 4rm a fairly ok family.she was alws lucky(considering her looks) wit fairly rich en good lookin girls.My broda saw her wit 1 of dem 1 day en was lk ao can dis b her lover?He felt d guy's 2 hot 4 her.Bt d guy loved her truly,spends 4 her lk poo.They dated 4 lk 1yr plus,d guy was startin 2 propose marriage untill she had 2 visit him in Lagos.

^^^ No. My mum didn't teach me per se. I just watched her and read about our traditional dishes. I love reading different recipes and watching online videos of people preparing food. My mum worked a lot when I was younger and she still does. So it's not like she was always there to teach me. That wasn't and isn't a problem though. No one taught me how to make onugbu soup or egusi soup, but those are what I make best. My mom can't make small chops like chin chin lol or some other dishes, but I can, and she loves it. It's 2011. Girls/women can resort to several food and video blogs if they didn't have the opportunity to learn or simply avoided the kitchen when their mums were cooking. Some of my female Nigerian friends here are in the same predicament. They can't cook because their parents pushed them towards school. Now that school is over and they're working, food no dey for house lol. So they text/call me asking for advice. It's not necessarily a bad thing that one can't cook. The trouble is that, with all the resources today, they don't make an effort to learn.

Moin moin, jellof rice, egusi soup <------------- All are basic dishes. If a girl can't make these, then she's lazy and in deep trouble. Sorry, I said it, but it's true.

The same goes for men. For those of you that can't do basic car repairs, cut lawn properly, change a lightbulb lol, other tasks that are allegedly designated to men, then you need help. It's not anyone's responsibility to do a certain anything. If you can't do the basic of anything, however, then you're a lost cause. Please find yourself. Soon.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by BiafranFirstSon(m): 5:51pm On Oct 14, 2011
safarigirl:

Hmm, men pls stop b.i.t.c.h.i.n.g and start helping out, i was raised in a balanced family, everyone did their part, my dad cooks sometimes, he does his laundry and pays the bills, same as my mum, slavery is  OVER, my husband MUST be a freak in the kitchen, don't expect your mother's clone as a wife, you're looking for your better HALF, not a whole. MAN UP AND GET WITH THE TIMES.:-P
So you are still single?, PELE , keep searching God will surely bless u with a cook as a husband. So u can have enough chance to gossip around and go to night clubs Mtcheeeeeew.
[/color]
oladcity:

Its funny how some people are reacting to this well articulated post by the poster. Some are saying thats what you get for marrying a career woman, then you ask what does the career woman they are talking about do? A teller in the bank? is that a career woman? i Laugh in pidgin. we have this career woman thing mixed up.
Look!! what the poster is saying is that ladies should wake up to their responsibilities. Knowing how to cook, taking good care of your home does not make you a slave neither does it mean, your husband is taking advantage of you.
A man as well as a woman have their natural responsibilties in the home and mordernization or civilization only requires some level of understanding from both of them.
@ poster, i just want you to know also that there are still wonderful trail blazing lady professionals out there that are perfect wife/mother materials
U are very right and for that, God will bless ur brain till infinity, say amen!
[color=#990000]
kulumo:

It seems all the ladies are not comfortable with this post. But that's the reality; every bit of the post. They even deny their hubby sex in the name of being tired as a result of work thereby making a faithful man fall. Well God shall surely judge on the judgement day. All those marital vows women makes and they refuse to honor it, i will honor u, with my body etc, God shall judge.
Tell them Mtcheeeeeew!
[/color]
LoveKing:

Girls should stop going to akata, this will be the best solution to this coz most girls 80% in these universities become aristos at a certain point. its saddening.
[color=#very saddening indeed, Chai ebelebe egbuoooo! Umunwanyi eehn bikozianu , I am very very lucky, i have a good wife, beautiful,sharp cooker, very homely, infact each time she calls me and say honey am going home, i will start packing my files, the aroma of her soap use to come to the office to harrass me, chei my sweet Ogochukwu!.  990000]
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by lindabon: 5:54pm On Oct 14, 2011
wife material my beautiful behind  angry angry angry

well, i cook and clean because i think it's a principled thing to do,  not because i want to use those qualities to gain access into a man's house. In recent times, I've seen that most guys are willing to help and contribute in house chores one way or another. most times, when u wake up, and before you finish stretching your sore and stiff body, the bed has already been made by a loving male partner. then before you take a lick and come back, the room is already tidy and sparkling. As you are about to go look for him to tell him what a great job he has done, there he is again, bringing in breakfast
The ladies on the other hand, are up and about. If the man cannot meet up with the house rent or children's school fee, the woman can gladly contribute from her own pocket. No one wants to wait for another to shower them, feed them, clothe them etc,  No time
So i believe this post is from the past or from the great beyond; but definitely not a post from someone living in the 21th century. Only a lazy man/woman will be waiting for someone to cook, clean, blablabla. . . . . . . . Again No time

The world is evolving. . . . I don't know about you, but I think i'm loving the revolution undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Pharoh: 6:01pm On Oct 14, 2011
Interesting perspectives to family issues here.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by BiafranFirstSon(m): 6:22pm On Oct 14, 2011
Ima Ima:

i think dandy that u r surrounded by those type of people cos i see differently.my sister for instance is a banker, a manager o.she gets caught up wit work and is so busy but mennnn she cookssss delicacies.the kinds of food that takes time and coordination.my sisters inlaw too, the same.enough variety.maybe its cos of where i am from sha.
its a personal thing.
but the guys fall in love with such "lazy" babes and marry them,probably cos they are good in some other areas, if u kno what i mean grin.

[color=# those who are bitter about this are those that can't cook. Women!Stop giving excuses and learn how to cook good meals for ur sake and future. All those foods u go out and buy are cooked someone else. It is shameful those basic things like cooking and washing, Men who are helping their wivies are doing that out of love not because it is their duties as a husband to cook @ home. Nite clubs and aristos have spoilt our women, They don't even have shame anymore.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by joanana(f): 6:23pm On Oct 14, 2011
@ SEXKILLZ AND DANDY

Nobody is 100% perfect except GOD. even you r not perfect. like someone pointed out nobody is superman or superwoman. we all have our flaws.  wink
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 14, 2011
It's a problem that has no solution. Wives have become extinct.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Dandy1(m): 6:52pm On Oct 14, 2011
pro01:

It's a problem that has no solution. Wives have become extinct.

^^very funny!!!!!!!^^,yet contains sm traces of truth
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 14, 2011
lindabon:

wife material my beautiful behind  angry angry angry

well, i cook and clean because i think it's a principled thing to do,  not because i want to use those qualities to gain access into a man's house. In recent times, I've seen that most guys are willing to help and contribute in house chores one way or another. most times, when u wake up, and before you finish stretching your sore and stiff body, the bed has already been made by a loving male partner. then before you take a lick and come back, the room is already tidy and sparkling. As you are about to go look for him to tell him what a great job he has done, there he is again, bringing in breakfast
The ladies on the other hand, are up and about. If the man cannot meet up with the house rent or children's school fee, the woman can gladly contribute from her own pocket. No one wants to wait for another to shower them, feed them, clothe them etc,  No time
So i believe this post is from the past or from the great beyond; but definitely not a post from someone living in the 21th century. Only a lazy man/woman will be waiting for someone to cook, clean, blablabla. . . . . . . . Again No time

The world is evolving. . . . I don't know about you, but I think i'm loving the revolution undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

I for one won't be "waiting" for anyone to do anything for me. The issue here is when things get 1-sided and the other person isn't even interested in trying.
This is unfortunately common with the women in this age because they try to pick the good of both the archaic and the new and disregard all the associated responsibilities for either lifestyles. It is always common for a woman to start yelling "You don't know how to take care of a woman!" when all in all the reality is that she doesn't know the first thing about taking care of a man.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by lindabon: 7:32pm On Oct 14, 2011
So a woman should cook and clean to be able to take care of a man?
Hmmmmm, There is notin someone will not hear in this world.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Agybabe(f): 7:32pm On Oct 14, 2011
Dis thread i mst confess is interesting n educating.
They r HELPMATES not slaves 2 each other.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by intrepid: 8:04pm On Oct 14, 2011
@Sexkillz.I like your post but do not also forget that we are not in US or Canada where making a good meal for a man may not really bear much weight.If these girls are in Africa they should try to learn how to live here.

The problem is that most of them forget these things and later begin to feel the brunt in form of pressure and tension in their r/ships.

This is the cause of many troubles they have today here.They will not be married by Americans where noodles and fast food is the norm.If they are intending to settle down here with African guys,then its an emergency that needs be tackled very fast.Have you not noticed the rate of divorce and cracked r/ships heere?I think the poster has a point.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 14, 2011
lindabon:

So a woman should cook and clean to be able to take care of a man?
Hmmmmm, There is notin someone will not hear in this world.

ummm, ya?  undecided

Please tell me who you call when your car does not start in the morning, or if there is a leak coming from the kitchen sink, or if you need some heavy lifting done. undecided
The guy is expected to do these "manly" things around the house yet you instead prefer to questioning your need to (at least know how to) be able to hold your own end of the line and infact, have made an institution out of it.

The selfishness in the female species of this age never fails to baffle me.

The sensible women still left in this corrupt generation understand this.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 14, 2011
^^^^ That's why women and men should know the basics of everything and anything. I mow the lawn. I take out trash. I repair the car I drive myself. I change the tire if it needs to be changed. If coolant is low, I buy coolant and fill it. I follow my dad to auto shops so that I know how much parts and services are supposed to cost, so that when I go alone, I won't be cheated. Men doing "men duties" and women doing "women duties" is bull. There is nothing better than a well-rounded human being.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Am MURDEROUSLY ANGRY. Jus Saw Unclad Sex Pics Of My My Step-mum &my Girlfriend / Reason Guys Give Up On Girls Easily / I Am Scared Of Eventually Not Getting A Life Partner.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.