Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! (9282 Views)

How To Identify Wifey Materials Anywhere In The World.... Please Read! / Why Single Girls Are Turning You Down When You Ask Them Out / 9 Things You Can Do When You Are Losing Trust In Your Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 14, 2011
Good on you. I have no issues with either of the lifestyles when adhered to fully.

It only becomes a problem when, like most of your gender do today, it is turned into a half-hazard thing, always switching lifestyles to the most convenient in any given situation to aid in their institutionalized laziness.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 14, 2011
Well, my problem is that some men keep making these demands on women when they're not at the same standards in terms of husband quality. Birds of the same feather flock together.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Ideyontop: 8:24pm On Oct 14, 2011
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 14, 2011
Oga I'm just using myself as an example lol.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Ideyontop: 8:43pm On Oct 14, 2011
is that how you respond to a proposal? See you when I just praise finish say you be super woman!!! But really I was "tripped" especially when I saw that you change tyres yourself and all that! Where are you located?
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 14, 2011
Yes actually lol. My dad taught me that one obviously. I helped him when I was younger since my brother wouldn't do it lol. US.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 14, 2011
yes ogugua would make good-looking dimpled babies wouldn't she?  cheesy
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by BlackLibya: 9:06pm On Oct 14, 2011
the way african people use the word "civilization" is funny. According to you all, civilization is everything that white people make, and nothing that Africa had before.

I suppose that Nigeria was not civilized before the white man came and destroyed all the cities, turned you all into slaves, and then put all of your artifacts into his museums?
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Ideyontop: 9:08pm On Oct 14, 2011
ogugua88,send me an email on dfklimited@gmail.com. I'll be waiting.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by gohome: 9:22pm On Oct 14, 2011
ogugua88:

^^^^ That's why women and men should know the basics of everything and anything. I mow the lawn. I take out trash. I repair the car I drive myself. I change the tire if it needs to be changed. If coolant is low, I buy coolant and fill it. I follow my dad to auto shops so that I know how much parts and services are supposed to cost, so that when I go alone, I won't be cheated. Men doing "men duties" and women doing "women duties" is bull. There is nothing better than a well-rounded human being.

Like your post. But I fault it. In life, we all have to take responsibility in every single thing we do. I mean in work places, school etc. Over the years, the woman have been made to take care of the home, because she is the weaker sex and does less heavy weight jobs but more time consuming. A good example can be sited in a case where the man is likely to cut the woods from the tree while the woman takes it home usually 100s of miles. Another example is the case of child birth and what follows. That is the woman's responsibility. Have you asked yourself why child birth is not shared? her body is a natural cook (br.east. feeding) for the child. It is the mans duty to be responsible for food, shelter etc. Children also have their part to play. Today like you said things have changed. Women feed their family, men cook. Children pay their fees. But the question is,  in an ideal case, who should be in charge? Men should cook? why the woman provide the food and shelter? No nau.

It very okay if you buy coolant yada yada yada and pay for the rent,  but my sister if you dont and cant do it, no correct man will call you a failure, he see it as his responsibility. A lot of men cook too. in fact most men are better cooks than their wives, but that is not his responsibility and should not necessarily be shared unless in understandable circumstances.

In choosing a man to marry, one of the qualities women look out for in men is, can he protect me and my children, is he confident, is he hard working especially when it comes to activities that will bring money etc etc,  same goes for men too.[size=15pt] can she cook?[/size] can she take of my kids,  etc etc. Because of this, Men naturally go to learn those qualities to attract the best females, Women also strive to learn her own quality to be attracted by the best male. it even happens in the animal kingdom. Darwin called it survival. Nowadays, the competition is getting stiffer, and the dynamics are fast changing,  that's why some men learn how to cook to impress a lady. Ladies also acquire or fortunately possess ( like in your case) manly skills. Children are not left out too. To reduce the burden of tuition fees, some help their parents in family business during term breaks or in some cases they apply and win scholarships.

You have to understand that the woman is the closest link to the children and not the man,   so anything as regards to the home where the children stays, the wife should be boss.A lazy woman is most likely to rare lazy kids. Same goes for the man. He is got the strength. so anything the family needs that require strength (physical and mental), the man should be out there. i think that was what the OP was trying to say. For women who see their primary responsibly to be chasing career instead of the home, may God bless them with men that sees his primary responsibility as cooking instead of chasing money.  My mum is a career woman but she cooks. she sees it her responsibility and hobby and not slavery. Some women prefer to have fake a.s.s. hobbies like pinging. some call cooking slavery.

So in summary, just like at work where the manager has his job function and a head has his, so also in our homes.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Dandy1(m): 9:29pm On Oct 14, 2011
I neva said it's wrong 4 men 2 help wit sm chores.Of course wen a cool-hearted man sees it is imperative for him 2 offer such aid in other 2 relieve d spouse of stress,he need not be told.Men can also do dis @ times 2 build up sm romantic atmosphere or 2 earn d 'caring' title as craved by ladies (smtimes I wonder if they even know d meanin of d word.They use it to their advantage).
   Bt such help should come 4rm d man's mind willingly,or wen imperative en not wen d lady starts feelin lk it is a must or is his duty,or worst of all wen d woman even has notin 2 offer @ all.Dat sucks!
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 14, 2011
You know I actually once spoke with a girl who felt that a woman has ZERO [b]responsibility [/b]in a relationship and that when it comes to responsibility, the man should do everything and the woman should only help "out of love". The general prognosis being that if she didn't "love him well enough" that day she has no sense of duty to do certain things around the house.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 14, 2011
gohome:
Like your post. But I fault it. In life, we all have to take responsibility in every single thing we do. I mean in work places, school etc. Over the years, the woman have been made to take care of the home, because she is the weaker sex and does less heavy weight jobs but more time consuming. A good example can be sited in a case where the man is likely to cut the woods from the tree while the woman takes it home usually 100s of miles. It is the mans duty to be responsible for food, shelter etc. Children also have their part to play. Today like you said things have changed. Women feed their family, men cook. Children pay their fees. But the question is,  in an ideal case, who should be in charge? Men should cook? why the woman provide the food and shelter? No nau.

It very okay if you buy coolant yada yada yada and pay for the rent,  but my sister if you dont and cant do it, no correct man will call you a failure, he see it as his responsibility. A lot of men cook too. in fact most men are better cooks than their wives, but that is not his responsibility and should not necessarily be shared unless in understandable circumstances.

In choosing a man to marry, one of the qualities women look out for in men is, can he protect me and my children, is he confident, is he hard working especially when it comes to activities that will bring money etc etc,  same goes for men too.[size=15pt] can she cook?[/size] can she take of my kids,  etc etc. Because of this, Men naturally go to learn those qualities to attract the best females, Women also strive to learn her own quality to be attracted by the best male. it even happens in the animal kingdom. Nowadays, the competition is getting stiffer, that's why some men learn how to cook to impress a lady. Ladies also acquire or fortunately possess ( like in your case) manly skills.

You have to understand that the woman is the closest link to the children and not the man,   so anything as regards to the home where the children stays, the wife should be boss.A lazy woman is most likely to rare lazy kids. Same goes for the man. He is got the strength. so anything the family needs that require strength, the man should be out there. i think that was what the OP was trying to say. For women who see their primary responsibly to be chasing career instead of the home, may God bless them with men that sees his primary responsibility as cooking instead of chasing money.  My mum is a career woman but she cooks. she sees it as a hobby and not slavery. Some women prefer to have fake a.s.s. hobby like pinging and call cooking slavery.

So in summary, just like at work where the manager has his job function and a head has his, so also in our homes.

You're right. I think a woman should cook as well. What I meant with my post is that there should be more to a woman than cooking and more to a man than strength. People should be well-rounded for just in case moments. If every woman can do some "manly" things and every man could do some "womanly" things, there'd be fewer divorces. Any "man-stuff only" man would have divorced my mom ages ago. She's a night nurse, so she sleeps during the day. My dad does most of the cooking during the week unless she's lucky to have a day off. Just like when my dad is at work and can't do some "manly" functions. My mom can do it. If she's busy sleeping or working, I step in. The house flows better that way. At least that's what I've experienced.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by gohome: 9:48pm On Oct 14, 2011
ogugua88:

You're right. I think a woman should cook as well. What I meant with my post is that there should be more to a woman than cooking and more to a man than strength. People should be well-rounded for just in case moments. If every woman can do some "manly" things and every man could do some "womanly" things, there'd be fewer divorces. Any "man-stuff only" man would have divorced my mom ages ago. She's a night nurse, so she sleeps during the day. My dad does most of the cooking during the week unless she's lucky to have a day off. Just like when my dad is at work and can't do some "manly" functions. My mom can do it. If she's busy sleeping or working, I step in. The house flows better that way. At least that's what I've experienced.

Good. No hard and fast rules to a success story. Family inclusive. The only hard and fast rule here is understanding.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Samxiulee: 10:02pm On Oct 14, 2011
Truth is,we men want companions not a servant/slave as a wife, all u guys should be real to yourselves between a beautifully,career,virtous cook and a beautifully,career,virtous,good in bed woman, who would be a better companion, You all want her to go to work by 7 am,face lagos traffic by 6pm.get home by 8pm do the dishes,tidy the home by 8 30pm,tender the kids @ the same time cook dinner before 9 pm wash the dishes before going to bed, with all this you still want her to perform for you on the bed? U wan kill am Pls we should stop being hypocritical by having a cook as a wife and aving a LovePeddler as a wife, if you like your food so much,work harder,earn more and hire a cook that will prepare you a feast while she will rest after a hard day,gist with you take a shower and give you a treat on the bed.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by ladygogo: 10:46pm On Oct 14, 2011
Mumu post. Are contmeporary men fulfilling their duties as husbands, boyfriends and the like?

It's so hard to find a good man these days, grin

Have several seats please,
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by gohome: 10:51pm On Oct 14, 2011
lady gogo:

Mumu post. Are contmeporary men fulfilling their duties as husbands, boyfriends and the like?

It's so hard to find a good man these days, grin

Have several seats please,

Read the topic for what it is and discuss. if you want to discuss men, i am sure you know how to start a new topic.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by uzoo: 11:24pm On Oct 14, 2011
probably because the present day husbands are taking their wives for granted,and never appreciative of these qualities.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by MrsChima1(f): 11:28pm On Oct 14, 2011
There are nothing wrong with women doing basic men things one day the man will leave or die and the woman will be left to fend for self.

Ladies, do not be a fool!
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Konjour(m): 12:18am On Oct 15, 2011
Not bothered personally cheesy cheesy cheesy cuz mine is looking every inch the best anybody can get already. cool

Just a couple of gentle tweaks and we'll be sailing with full masts alongside. cheesy cool lipsrsealed
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Nobody: 12:48am On Oct 15, 2011
Ideyontop:
ogugua88,send me an email on dfklimited@gmail.com. I'll be waiting.

I've sent you one sir.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by ladygogo: 1:59am On Oct 15, 2011
@go home. Are you a Lad? Did my comment hit home?

I don't need to start a thread because most of the relationship topics have been overflogged. smiley

Thank you for suggesting though,
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Onegai(f): 4:26am On Oct 15, 2011
Hmm, contemporary girls aren't wifely. Funny. It seems most guys want women like their moms, but behave like a babe. If a man meets a pretty, homely girl, who cooks, tells him the truth, doesn't play games, doesn't expose body and doesn't do pre-marital sex because of her religion, her ass is getting bounced for the hotter model who will cook, play the game of wifeliness to catch the man and declare her love for Jesus while screwing the man out of his brain. Then after marriage, said man will realise that cooking and cleaning does not make a good wife. Anyone can learn how to cook and tidy up, but no-one can learn patience and submissiveness. I have so many male cousins whom I cannot go to their homes for a visit since their perfect hot, cooking and cleaning wives do not make it an option to be friendly or welcoming to his family once they are established as a wife (or anyone she does not like, no matter the reason, even his siblings da
re not sleep over). But hey, her meals are great.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by gohome: 4:29am On Oct 15, 2011
lady gogo:

@go home. Are you a Lad? Did my comment hit home?

I don't need to start a thread because most of the relationship topics have been overflogged. smiley

Thank you for suggesting though,

You think this topic have been over flogged and you are here throwing comments, huh. You are right. you actually do not need to start a topic on men. If I want one, i am sure there are a thousand and one of them on Google.

Do you know why comprehension was key or is still key (don't know how old you are) to passing English? we were being trained to contribute intelligently to a given topic. Right from the days of ali and simbi until uni level, we always had comprehension in our English curriculum, Since i have known schooling,  comprehending a text and answering and discussing questions from that same text has been key to passing any English exam. Most companies will also not employ you if you don't posses this basic skill. so you are made to take verbal reasoning (SHL)

From your reply, i noticed that you simply lack this skill,  after all the days of hard work from your English tutors. shame. How can you read a topic (though not the best of writeups) on contemporary Nigerian Girls and come up with this

lady gogo:

It's so hard to find a good man these days,  

Is this all you had to say? I was shocked. I am still shocked. learn from your mates Ogugua88 and Mrs Chima. Did you notice how they have stayed with the topic? I have personally been shaped by their comments. that's the reason why I come to NL in the first place.  So the next time you want to put up something here, discuss objectively and intelligently. If you are not so smart, i suggest you shut up
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Man51ut(m): 9:56am On Oct 15, 2011
So according to the OP-wifey type = domestic worker?
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Kechybee(f): 10:08am On Oct 15, 2011
Rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pls can u spare us for once?? So many ladies work or even into biz to make sure they support d home front. At d same time, we still ensure we put our family first. Here u are calling them lazy. Abeg we no bi jacky/slave. We aint paying for laundry & fastfood wit ur money, so pls let us be.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 15, 2011
[size=14pt]LMAO @ pissed off replies of the ladies!. . . grin grin grin[/size]
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by ONINKAN: 11:28am On Oct 15, 2011
most of our women are parrots, arrogant and lazy.
before i married i used to have a lady i so loved even thought we never met, but her words pushed me away.
always talking senselessly.
i hope she will change otherwise her man go hear am
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by claremont(m): 11:33am On Oct 15, 2011
9ja ladies again! grin
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by pkv(m): 12:00pm On Oct 15, 2011
claremont:

9ja ladies again! grin
wat about dem.talk ur mind na!
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Nobody: 1:12am On Oct 16, 2011
Your problem is that you think that women are supposed to be taking care of your home.

Why can't YOU take care of the home?

Oh, the woman is your goat that you kept in your house abi?
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Obinoscopy(m): 8:25am On Oct 16, 2011
I hope I'm wrong but what I'm able to infer from all the ladies posts in this thread is that they don't possess the wifey material (except Ogugua88 who I'd also love to hook up with but I've been beaten to it by Ideyontop . . . )

It is no wonder why our spinsters are getting older everyday.

I think the best options for we guys is to enjoy these contemporary babes while we're bachelors and then when its time to marry, go to the village to marry a virtuous lady with all the wifey qualities.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reason Guys Give Up On Girls Easily / Mr Eazi Is A Gold Digger / Can A Boyfriend And Girlfriend Wear 'Asoebi' For An Occasion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.