Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,280 members, 7,780,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:21 PM

Did Awolowo Have Friends From Outside The SW (read old W region)? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Awolowo Have Friends From Outside The SW (read old W region)? (7243 Views)

Those Celebrating Wike's Removal Are Mostly From The SW And The North / Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE / Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Awolowo Have Friends From Outside The SW (read old W region)? by SouthEast2: 4:17pm On Oct 14, 2011
Other contemporaries of Awo's had friends across the ethnic divide

For e.g., Zik had friends in the North and SW
Adeniran Ogunsaya and a host of other great SWners were Zik's friends
Tafawa Balewa and Sardauna had friends in the East and West

Who was Awo's friend in the East and North? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I need names, names and more names, for my ''DSc thesis'' to be published at the University of P.H. (apologies to the nairalander Great1 https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-781357.0.html ) grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Did Awolowo Have Friends From Outside The SW (read old W region)? by EkoIle1: 4:22pm On Oct 14, 2011
South.East:

Zik had friends in the North and SW
Adeniran Ogunsaya and a host of other great SWners were Zik's friends
Tafawa Balewa and Sardauna had friends in the East and West
Who was Awo's friend in the East and North? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Zik like many African rulers had a major character and integrity problem. At the root was his self-concept or self definition(the way one sees oneself). He saw himself in his own words as a "Beautiful Bride" for the highest bidder as well as indispensable. The former executive president of Nigeria, Alhaji Shehu Shagari, a mild mannered man captured it well when he told Zik during the 1979 election campaign: "when you switch husbands one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight times, you are no longer a beautiful bride but a harlot." Zik was a weather vane-go where the favorable wind blows. A "Beautiful Bride" mindset is exactly the opposite of the leadership mindset.

http://nigeriaworld.com/articles/2009/apr/071.html

Re: Did Awolowo Have Friends From Outside The SW (read old W region)? by mbatuku1: 4:26pm On Oct 14, 2011
^^^Can we keep to the topic? This is about Awo
Re: Did Awolowo Have Friends From Outside The SW (read old W region)? by EkoIle1: 4:32pm On Oct 14, 2011
mbatuku1:

^^^Can we keep to the topic? This is about Awo

Learn how to hide your pain sometimes,

Your friend up their said Zik had friends in the North and SW and I showed him what his friend said about him? You kinsman introduced zik, I just finished what h started.

ndo
Re: Did Awolowo Have Friends From Outside The SW (read old W region)? by Ayowumie(m): 4:53pm On Oct 14, 2011
Eko Ile:

Your friend up their said Zik had friends in the North and SW and I showed him what his friend said about him? You kinsman introduced zik, I just finished what h started.

ndo
In addition, he was born in the North. Why wouldnt he have friends there? Also, he was a political harlot, always afraid of making enemies. He befriended any and every one
Re: Did Awolowo Have Friends From Outside The SW (read old W region)? by SouthEast2: 4:54pm On Oct 14, 2011
Eko Ile:

ndo

Who are Awo's friends in the North and East? Simple question (for a history ignoramus like me wink wink)
Shagari was never Zik's friend; they were never mates, even. Zik dined with Sardauna and Tafawa and hundred of great Yorubas. Shagari was a newbie then.
Re: Did Awolowo Have Friends From Outside The SW (read old W region)? by AndreUweh(m): 5:11pm On Oct 14, 2011
Awolowo's friend in the east then was Sir Louis Odimegwu-Ojukwu-Nigeria's first multi-millionaire and the father of the defunct Republic of Biafra's C-I-C.
Re: Did Awolowo Have Friends From Outside The SW (read old W region)? by SouthEast2: 5:29pm On Oct 14, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Awolowo's friend in the east then was Sir Louis Odimegwu-Ojukwu-Nigeria's first multi-millionaire and the father of the defunct Republic of Biafra's C-I-C.

Thanks, but do you have any evidence of this friendship?
Re: Did Awolowo Have Friends From Outside The SW (read old W region)? by AndreUweh(m): 5:37pm On Oct 14, 2011
South.East:

Thanks, but do you have any evidence of this friendship?
I do but will have to search for it within 48 hrs.
Re: Did Awolowo Have Friends From Outside The SW (read old W region)? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 14, 2011
Awo had a few politicians as friends in the North. Can't remember their names now, but there were a no of politicians from Kano and Sokoto that worked for him. I think J.S Tarka(Benue) was also pro-Awo.
Re: Did Awolowo Have Friends From Outside The SW (read old W region)? by tubolancer(m): 6:07pm On Oct 14, 2011
I hate political harlots, i detest them.
Re: Did Awolowo Have Friends From Outside The SW (read old W region)? by Pukkah: 6:17pm On Oct 14, 2011
What of M.C.K. Ajuluchukwu?
Re: Did Awolowo Have Friends From Outside The SW (read old W region)? by SouthEast2: 6:19pm On Oct 14, 2011
Pukkah:

Okay let me look this up. Thanks.

I was only wondering how he hoped to rule a multi-ethnic Nigeria if he did not reach out beyond his boarders.
Re: Did Awolowo Have Friends From Outside The SW (read old W region)? by mbatuku1: 6:29pm On Oct 14, 2011
Andre Uweh:

There was an unconfirmed rumour that Awo converted all of Louis Ojukwu's share in Cocacola and some other coy in Lagos for his personal use after the war.

What kind of friendship was that?
Re: Did Awolowo Have Friends From Outside The SW (read old W region)? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 14, 2011
mbatuku1:

There was an unconfirmed rumour that Awo converted all of Louis Ojukwu's share in Cocacola and some other coy in Lagos for his personal use after the war.

What kind of friendship was that?

Unconfirmed rumour? Of course he did. He also confiscated all ibo properties in Nigeria and gave them to Yorubas. Froze all ibo assets in Nigeria, gave them to Yorubas and gave ibos only 50 cents each to buy guguru and epa for their garri.
Re: Did Awolowo Have Friends From Outside The SW (read old W region)? by AndreUweh(m): 8:22pm On Oct 14, 2011
Pukkah:

Never.
Ajuluchukwu was a core Zikist and had nothing to do with Awo.
Re: Did Awolowo Have Friends From Outside The SW (read old W region)? by AndreUweh(m): 8:25pm On Oct 14, 2011
Aigbofa:

Unconfirmed rumour? Of course he did. He also confiscated all ibo properties in Nigeria and gave them to Yorubas. Froze all ibo assets in Nigeria, gave them to Yorubas and gave ibos only 50 cents each to buy guguru and epa for their garri.
Indeed Awo failed Sir Louis Odumegwu-Ojukwu but at first in the late 40's and 50's they were close friends.
Re: Did Awolowo Have Friends From Outside The SW (read old W region)? by Chyz2: 8:28pm On Oct 14, 2011
Aigbofa:

Unconfirmed rumour? Of course he did. He also confiscated a lot of all ibo properties in Nigeria and gave them to Yorubas. Froze all ibo assets in Nigeria, gave them to Yorubas and gave ibos only N20 50 cents each [s]to buy guguru and epa for their garri.
[/s].

Sounds just about right. cool
Re: Did Awolowo Have Friends From Outside The SW (read old W region)? by SouthEast1: 8:36pm On Oct 14, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Never.

lol
Re: Did Awolowo Have Friends From Outside The SW (read old W region)? by EkoIle1: 8:39pm On Oct 14, 2011
South.East:

Who are Awo's friends in the North and East? Simple question (for a history ignoramus like me wink wink)
Shagari was never Zik's friend; they were never mates, even. Zik dined with Sardauna and Tafawa and hundred of great Yorubas. Shagari was a newbie then.

He was their boy boy and the second fiddle hence shagari's assertions, he was used and thrown away.

Ziks grave site is trash for a reason, he had no friends to even donate one common brick to give him a befitting resting place. All the people you mentioned and Awo himself have dignified resting places, only your boy boy zik rests on top trash.

Shagari basically reflected people's true feelings about zik and his resting place explains it all, people don't give a shittttt about him, even his own people don't care so save that sorry BS for a non Nigerian.
Re: Did Awolowo Have Friends From Outside The SW (read old W region)? by EkoIle1: 8:40pm On Oct 14, 2011
Aigbofa:

[b]Unconfirmed rumour? [/b]Of course he did. He also confiscated all ibo properties in Nigeria and gave them to Yorubas. Froze all ibo assets in Nigeria, gave them to Yorubas and gave ibos only 50 cents each to buy guguru and epa for their garri.

Then go get your rumors confirmed with facts and come back with a better argument.
Re: Did Awolowo Have Friends From Outside The SW (read old W region)? by Remii(m): 8:47pm On Oct 14, 2011
Aigbofa:

Unconfirmed rumour? Of course he did. He also confiscated all Ibo properties in Nigeria and gave them to Yorubas. Froze all ibo assets in Nigeria, gave them to Yorubas and gave ibos only 50 cents each to buy guguru and epa for their garri.

The only place Ibos got their properties back after the war was Yorubaland. Up till today area, popularly called town, in Port Harcourt still lined with abandoned properties. people like Adeniran Ogunsanya ensured Ibos got all their properties in Lagos back, including Louis Ojukwu's house at in Ikoyi belonging to father of the warlord himself.
Re: Did Awolowo Have Friends From Outside The SW (read old W region)? by tubolancer(m): 8:55pm On Oct 14, 2011
Awolowo did not have any friend,he live alone in an old dusty house in SW Nigeria.
Re: Did Awolowo Have Friends From Outside The SW (read old W region)? by EkoIle1: 9:07pm On Oct 14, 2011
tubolancer:

Awolowo did not have any friend,he live alone in an old dusty house in SW Nigeria.

You know this because you camped outside his house with a clipboard and pencil while counting who visited or didn't visit him.

No need to join the ignorant poster with his dumb and re0tarded nonsense, common sense should tell you that the man did not achieved so many things all by himself.
Re: Did Awolowo Have Friends From Outside The SW (read old W region)? by Pukkah: 9:50pm On Oct 14, 2011
@Andre Uweh, did you say that Ajuluchukwu had NOTHING to do with Awo? I've to say you're wrong on this note. You may want to check your records again.
Re: Did Awolowo Have Friends From Outside The SW (read old W region)? by mbatuku1: 11:21pm On Oct 14, 2011
Eko Ile:

You know this because you camped outside his house with a clipboard and pencil while counting who visited or didn't visit him.

No need to join the ignorant poster with his dumb and re0tarded nonsense, common sense should tell you that the man did not achieved so many things all by himself.

Then tell us who his friends were, or STHU.

P.S I still have another thread on Awo. I'll keep that for next week. Let's deal with these ones first.lol.
Re: Did Awolowo Have Friends From Outside The SW (read old W region)? by Vallo57(m): 1:41am On Oct 15, 2011
South.East:

The reason he was label a Harlot. Duuuuh.
Re: Did Awolowo Have Friends From Outside The SW (read old W region)? by EkoIle1: 1:51am On Oct 15, 2011
mbatuku1:

Then tell us who his friends were, or STHU.

P.S I still have another thread on Awo. I'll keep that for next week. Let's deal with these ones first.lol.

It's rather unfortunate that kids like you know nothing about the history of your own country, some shallow and ignorant fool started the thread and you are following like mumu and telling the whole world that you don't know anything about your own country.

What do you know about Pa Ajasin?

What do you know about Bisi Onabanjo?

What do you know about Anthony Enahoro?

What do you know about Sunday Afolabi

What do you know about Ayodele Okusaga?

What do you know about LKJ?

What do you know about Kwame Nkrumah?

You clowns really need to pick up some history books and start learning something about your own country.
Re: Did Awolowo Have Friends From Outside The SW (read old W region)? by Katsumoto: 2:04am On Oct 15, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Never.

You mean Ajuluchukwu who crossed to UPN? Wow, so Ajuluchukwu did not know that UPN was Awo's party; you mean, Ajuluchukwu joined UPN thinking it was Zik's party? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Did Awolowo Have Friends From Outside The SW (read old W region)? by Nobody: 5:13am On Oct 15, 2011
Chyz*:

[/s].

Sounds just about right. cool

I forgot to add he was also responsible for the gully erosion in iboland.
Re: Did Awolowo Have Friends From Outside The SW (read old W region)? by arsenefc: 5:39am On Oct 15, 2011
These good for nothing tribalists ( Catz, fake professor of hydroponics, local 'Mr. Ekiti' Champion, BAT dycck sucker, abacadabra) have started again.

What do you care Awo didnt have friends? The most important thing is that he's got enemies; after all, It is from their foes, not their friends, that cities learn the lesson of building high walls and ships of war.

Gosh. I hate e-thugs.
Re: Did Awolowo Have Friends From Outside The SW (read old W region)? by aljharem3: 5:48am On Oct 15, 2011
arsenefc:

These good for nothing tribalists ( Catz, fake professor of hydroponics, local 'Mr. Ekiti' Champion, BAT dycck sucker, abacadabra) have started again.

What do you care Awo didnt have friends? The most important thing is that he's got enemies; after all, It is from their foes, not their friends, that cities learn the lesson of building high walls and ships of war.

Gosh. I hate e-thugs.
grin grin grin grin grin grin lol

mad grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To Muhammadu Buhari / Illegal Gun Shop Discovered In Zamfara / Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.