Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,806 members, 7,802,577 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? (9629 Views)

I Like Guys That Dont Like Bj's, Anal. .I Will Marry You Without Thinking! / The Disease That Cannot Be Stopped By Condom -PHOTO- / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by Stronger99: 4:51pm On Oct 14, 2011
I'm a high flyer with a great job and good degrees. I have hopes, dreams and ambition but unfortunately, my love life is in disarray. I've had relationships in the past and i didn't tell my partners i had sickle cell.

Now, i'm ready to get married and i need to be blunt and open up. My greatest fear is being turned down because of the disorder. Especially as it is no fault of mine.

Will i really find true love if i open up on my disease? I know how families and friends try to discourage people, i don't need pity or sympathy. I just need someone to take me as i am. Sickle  cell is not a tea party. Being married to a sufferer is not for the faint hearted.
Thankfully, I'm not that sickly, hardly visit the hospital and hardly am i limited in any activities by my disorder.

So for real people, who is really bold enough to marry an SS?
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 14, 2011
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by MrCork17: 5:01pm On Oct 14, 2011
^^^^^ Great advise comin from Nairalands favorite Albino undecided
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 14, 2011
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by slimyem: 5:30pm On Oct 14, 2011
op,no matter how much you think your status is holding you back,you will always find someone who will love you for who you are and what you are.just be open to every wanna-be about your condition.
One more thing-live by your handle.be strong!
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by MrCork17: 5:32pm On Oct 14, 2011
slimyem. is ther sumtin u would like to ask me like: Mr Cork, will you marry me? wink
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by slimyem: 5:43pm On Oct 14, 2011
Mr, Cork:

slimyem. is ther sumtin u would like to ask me like: Mr Cork, will you marry me? wink
hey mr.Corkroach,will you stop stalking me for chrissake!

1 Like

Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by MrCork17: 5:46pm On Oct 14, 2011
slimyem:

hey mr.Corkroach,will you stop stalking me for chrissake!

huh? Sweeery do you realiaze am the only friend respondin to your threads? I suggest u be nice or u looose me undecided
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by Stronger99: 5:50pm On Oct 14, 2011
slimyem:

op,no matter how much you think your status is holding you back,you will always find someone who will love you for who you are and what you are[b].just be open to every wanna-be about your condition[/b].
One more thing-live by your handle.be strong!

Open to everyone? Not my style. I don't tell people things when they have no solution to offer. I don't do pity. I appreciate ur reply though. Thanks

Will the moderator move this to family section where we have adults? I didn't create this thread so people will come on and joke.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by slimyem: 6:16pm On Oct 14, 2011
Stronger99:

Open to everyone? Not my style. I don't tell people things when they have no solution to offer. I don't do pity. I appreciate your reply though. Thanks

Will the moderator move this to family section where we have adults? I didn't create this thread so people will come on and joke.
slimyem:

every wanna-be
hey easy!read again.i didnt say EVERYONE.its every wanna-be.i mean every guy who wants to seriously be in you life.
M surprised you actually think i joked about this.ugh!
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by TomFord: 6:18pm On Oct 14, 2011
All i can say is stay strong and stop hiding it from your suitors

since your genotype is SS you have to find one with AA this will lead to your kids been AS at most.

your kids too need to marry AA to avoid a possible SSgene.pls stay clear from AS to avoid any of your children becoming a carrier reason been the medical expenses on them is no joke as they tend to fall ill regularly especially growing up and it could be fatal

the fact that you have conquered it means there's hope,remain resolute it is well
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by Stronger99: 6:39pm On Oct 14, 2011
slimyem:

hey easy!read again.i didnt say EVERYONE.its every wanna-be.i mean every guy who wants to seriously be in you life.
M surprised you actually think i joked about this.ugh!

I wasn't calling u a kid. It's those lads that were derailing the thread.

Tom Ford:

All i can say is stay strong and stop hiding it from your suitors

since your genotype is SS you have to find one with AA this will lead to your kids been AS at most.

your kids too need to marry AA to avoid a possible SSgene.pls stay clear from AS to avoid any of your children becoming a carrier reason been the medical expenses on them is no joke as they tend to fall ill regularly especially growing up and it could be fatal

the fact that you have conquered it means there's hope,remain resolute it is well

Nobody is hiding anything, I said now that i want to get serious with marriage, i will open up in my relationships henceforth.

Can people quit the 'know ur spouse to be genotype' advice. I'm an expert in genetics and i know i can only marry an AA. My question is still begging. Who is bold to marry an SS (if ur genotype is AA that is). I want to know there is hope out there for me.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by iv4real(f): 6:46pm On Oct 14, 2011
My best friend is a sickler , she is married has been married for four years now i was her maid of honour. She is happily married with two beautiful daughters. I remeber when i travelled to lagos for her wedding and heard her husband talking to her doctor on the phone, i almost cried because when we were growing up people always told her she will never see a man that will marry her, guess what she got married before those girls and her husband adores her. So yes my friend you will get married. When ever i tell people she has to kids now i always see the shock on their faces , Just have faith and be optimistic. So stop hiding your genotype.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by zealot4me(f): 7:19pm On Oct 14, 2011
i cnt marry an SS !
cikena
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by Stronger99: 7:25pm On Oct 14, 2011
^^^
At least u are honest.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by coogar: 8:09pm On Oct 14, 2011
Stronger99:

^^^
At least u are honest.

can you supply me your vital statistics? wink
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by thithi(f): 8:56pm On Oct 14, 2011
there are so many nice AA out there.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by tellwisdom: 11:24pm On Oct 14, 2011
What is SS?? SUYA SPOT?? sad
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by r231(m): 12:07am On Oct 15, 2011
^^^^^ undecided undecided
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by claremont(m): 12:09am On Oct 15, 2011
@OP: SS or no SS, if your "vital statistics" make some sound sense, I wouldn't mind jumping the broom with you.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by otokx(m): 12:57am On Oct 15, 2011
Nigeria is still a conservative place. Even AS don't find it easy but all hope is not lost.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by HotBums(f): 1:10am On Oct 15, 2011
i'd rather be single and lonely than someone love me out of pity.
Let ppl know about your genetic disorder and the reprecursions so that you can screen them well,well.
Atleast the person you end up with might be the one who truely loves you.

I discovered i had lumps in my breast some years ago, i told my now ex that i might have cancer , and i might not have children.
I don't know how i came up with the last part but as i started talking,i went on and on to convince this boy.All this foolish boy could say to me was "OH", ehh, OH doesn't heal people.I asked him if he wanted to continue the relationship with me after all that i just  told him.He diverted the conversation.
Now, this boy sees me on facebook and wants to come back, hell! i would go for anybody but him.He told me he won't give up on me until I get married.I told him to wait for it.
This my ex was such a fine boy but his reaction to my disease at that time, caused him lose me.
Thank God my lump had no cancer and heck,i can have kids too! (the inability to have kids was a lie!)
Take your chances.There many vampires out there,don't let anyone of them suck you dry! *wink*

1 Like

Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by sleekch1c(f): 1:45am On Oct 15, 2011
Stronger99:

I'm a high flyer with a great job and good degrees. I have hopes, dreams and ambition but unfortunately, my love life is in disarray. I've had relationships in the past and i didn't tell my partners i had sickle cell.

Now, i'm ready to get married and i need to be blunt and open up. My greatest fear is being turned down because of the disorder. Especially as it is no fault of mine.

Will i really find true love if i open up on my disease? I know how families and friends try to discourage people, i don't need pity or sympathy. I just need someone to take me as i am. Sickle cell is not a tea party. Being married to a sufferer is not for the faint hearted.
Thankfully, I'm not that sickly, hardly visit the hospital and hardly am i limited in any activities by my disorder.

So for real people, who is really bold enough to marry an SS?
heck,i can almost swear i knw u. angry
and if i do,the problem is u and not ur ailment.
u are too arrogant and annoying.u think the world revolves around u.all u do is talk and never listen lipsrsealed
heck,u ARE QUITE A HANDFUL.
if u arent whom i think it is,my apologies then. lipsrsealed
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by sleekch1c(f): 1:47am On Oct 15, 2011
oh and fyi, that 'i am a high flyer with 100 degrees' line is pathetic and redundant.step up ur game sir!
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by tellwisdom: 2:47am On Oct 15, 2011
sleek, can i smooch ur biyest?? its gon be fun btw us. trust mua wink wink
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by sleekch1c(f): 2:50am On Oct 15, 2011
^^^^^sure u can smooch my toilet seat.what else wld u like to smooch?
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by tellwisdom: 3:28am On Oct 15, 2011
C'mon be nice to me, you knw im HOT wink wink. Lets gve it a try wink
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by Meristem: 6:13am On Oct 15, 2011
some pple scream the word LOVE from rooftops, but when the time comes to display it they take flight! Oya! Ngwanu! Where are d lover boyz in tha house? OP has opened up to real love. 99 percent of the time pple use the word LOVE, they mean lust or they dont know what it means.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by Meristem: 6:19am On Oct 15, 2011
some pple scream the word LOVE from rooftops, but when the time comes to display it they take flight! Oya! Ngwanu! Where are d lover boyz in tha house? OP has opened up to real love. 99 percent of the time pple use the word LOVE, they mean lust or they dont know what it means.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by lagcity(m): 6:35am On Oct 15, 2011
keep searching. SS people marry too.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by Stronger99: 6:37am On Oct 15, 2011
coogar:

can you supply me your vital statistics? wink

You already assume i'm female?

sleekch1c:

heck,i can almost swear i knw u. angry
and if i do,the problem is u and not your ailment.
u are too arrogant and annoying.u think the world revolves around u.all u do is talk and never listen lipsrsealed
heck,u ARE QUITE A HANDFUL.
if u arent whom i think it is,my apologies then.  lipsrsealed

WTF is this? How can u just make assumptions? There are 6 billion people in the world air head and this story might even as well be made up.
All these retaards on cyberspace.

sleekch1c:

oh and fyi, that 'i am a high flyer with 100 degrees' line is pathetic and redundant.step up your game sir!

Get an education and stop whining.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by femmy2010(m): 7:09am On Oct 15, 2011
So my question,is your story a fathom one?
If real then be sure there is always someone for everybody.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Couple Come Under Fire As They Shock With Their Sex Positions Pre-wedding Photo / 11 Years Old Boy New Profile Picture Breaks Internet In Minutes (screenshot) / Do You Still Make This Mistake With Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.