Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,287 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? (17150 Views)

Why Do People Hate Jews? / Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by ogaju007(m): 4:00pm On Oct 15, 2011
Mail4Gift: Thank you but can you please base your contribution on fact and stop quoting a book that was written in a land very faraway from naija. A book that was for the culture of that region. What do you know about Ogun? Sango? Oya? Obatala? and our own cultural/so called spiritual beleif? How can you say your way is right when you've not read the ways of others?
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by mail4gift2(m): 4:13pm On Oct 15, 2011
ogaju007:

Mail4Gift: Thank you but can you please base your contribution on fact and stop quoting a book that was written in a land very faraway from naija. A book that was for the culture of that region. What do you know about Ogun? Sango? Oya? Obatala? and our own cultural/so called spiritual beleif? How can you say your way is right when you've not read the ways of others?
These gods you mentioned do exist, i can only quote from my bible because that is the only thing i believe in, you can believe in whatever you want to and quote from where ever you want to, i chose to believe in my bible and quote from there, in the old testament of the HOLY BIBLE when moses went up to pharaoh to tell him what God said about him letting his people go, pharaoh did not listen to Moses, Moses then cast his staff on the floor and it transformed to a snake, (hold on am not finished), pharaoh called on his chief priest, his magicians and sorcerers or should i say he called on ogun, sango, oya obatala and co grin grin grin grin grin, they too casted their own staff, some cast cola-nut some cast banana grin grin grin and other things, it all changed to snake (do you understand where i am going with this?) that did not baffle me, what really baffled me is that Moses staff which is now a snake, swallowed all the snakes of Ogun, Sango Oya Obatala and co, Now do you understand?

He who has ears, let him hear
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by mail4gift2(m): 4:17pm On Oct 15, 2011
frosbel:

Same here.

Meet up with some serious Christians and share the word of GOD together.

Many so called Nigeria MOG mis-use the bible to fulfil their own agenda which normally revolves around money , status and power.

Thank God am not alone, i still have my brothers (fellow disciples) with Me.

Am so happy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by speeder(m): 4:17pm On Oct 15, 2011
The Arthur of this article is very stupid, why do your father hate your mother? You gat to learn how to use euphemism. You are arrogant and eccentric, maybe because you are not a Christian, Better learn how to name an article or your life will be shortened, Thanks
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 15, 2011
speeder:

The[b] Arthur[/b] of this article is very silly, why do your father hate your mother? You gat to learn how to use euphemism. You are arrogant and eccentric, maybe because you are not a Christian, Better learn how to name an article or your life will be shortened, Thanks

Sorry my name is not Arthur grin
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 15, 2011
mail4gift2:

These gods you mentioned do exist, i can only quote from my bible because that is the only thing i believe in, you can believe in whatever you want to and quote from where ever you want to, i chose to believe in my bible and quote from there, in the old testament of the HOLY BIBLE when moses went up to pharaoh to tell him what God said about him letting his people go, pharaoh did not listen to Moses, Moses then cast his staff on the floor and it transformed to a snake, (hold on am not finished), pharaoh called on his chief priest, his magicians and sorcerers or should i say he called on ogun, sango, oya obatala and co grin grin grin grin grin, they too casted their own staff, some cast cola-nut some cast banana grin grin grin and other things, it all changed to snake (do you understand where i am going with this?) that did not baffle me, what really baffled me is that Moses staff which is now a snake, swallowed all the snakes of Ogun, Sango Oya Obatala and co, Now do you understand?

He who has ears, let him hear

So while moses' snake was eating the other magicians' snakes, Obatala and Lucifer started a tag team match with Yahweh and Yeshua. The match ended when Obatala gave Yahweh a Stone Cold Stunner, followed by the suplex. By this time Jesus was already bleeding from the sustained assault by Lucifer. After the 1-2-3 pindown, Yahweh decided to cheat by sneaking up on Obatala with a steel chair, but Obatala turned around just in time to deliver the Undertakers Last ride. Yahweh was out cold after that.
When he came to, he decided to murder every first born male in Egypt, hence the Jewish passover. Sounds like WWE but it's a true story.

I
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:43pm On Oct 15, 2011
[size=13pt]Yeah! why not ?? the Bible is a bad book gone wrong so i believe it deserve more than hatred , like me i set no eyes on the Christian bible but if my eyes capture one that's the end ! cheesy cheesy[/size]
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by hrhobi1(m): 4:46pm On Oct 15, 2011
@shumno God bless you
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Haribo: 4:46pm On Oct 15, 2011
I don't hate the bible. I've read much of the bible myself. I just don't place it on a higher level than other 'holy texts'. If you love your bible, good for you. May it bring you much joy. Enjoy it with yourself and your friends and leave the uninterested ones alone.

Also, since this is my 1st post, I wanted to give a shoutout to Mazaje, Harakiri, Jenwitemi, ogaju007 and others that are speaking up for their beliefs. I know that the Naija brand of christianity is very agressive and seeks to drown any opposing voices with evangelical fervour, while somehow trying to project the image of being the underdog. The fact that we have very consistent and knowlegeable voices counterbalancing the religious discussions on the forum makes me very hopeful!
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by mail4gift2(m): 5:11pm On Oct 15, 2011
Haribo:

I don't hate the bible. I've read much of the bible myself. I just don't place it on a higher level than other 'holy texts'. If you love your bible, good for you. May it bring you much joy. Enjoy it with yourself and your friends and leave the uninterested ones alone.

Also, since this is my 1st post, I wanted to give a shoutout to Mazaje, Harakiri, Jenwitemi, ogaju007 and others that are speaking up for their beliefs. I know that the Naija brand of christianity is very agressive and seeks to drown any opposing voices with evangelical fervour, while somehow trying to project the image of being the underdog. The fact that we have very consistent and knowlegeable voices counterbalancing the religious discussions on the forum makes me very hopeful!
I don't think anyone is disturbing the uninterested ones and if anyone is please he/she should stop, if you approach someone to preach to him/her and she/she refuses to listen, all you have to do is ignore the person, bossmi, this heaven en, no be everybody get power to make am and no be by force.

The devil is fighting hard to destroy the bible, i was watching a video on youtube an interview about an ex-freemasonry/Illuminati guy, the guy said that the devil has three plans.

1- to destroy the bible without burning it
2- to make people believe neither him nor God exist
2- to make people believe they, themselves are gods.

and come to think of it, all this three days are happening as you read this, how many of us (even Christians) bible owners do actually read the bible except on sunday when in church and the only verse you see the pastor reading is about giving one tenth of what you earn to God, i rather give it to the poor than to give it to the pastor to give it to God for me.

The devil is indeed destroying the bible without burning it, people are believing that God or devil (heaven/hell) do not exist and others are believing they are their own god,

i was also listening to Rihana's song (disturbia or watever she calls it) and she says something like "its like the darkness is the light" and if you come to think of it, thats what most people believe now, they think being a homosexual/lesbian is the light way, killing is the light way, extortion is the light way, evil is the light, i keep on wondering why are this people turning or trying to turn everybody against God/light Jesus Christ and most especially THE HOLY BIBLE.
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by harakiri(m): 5:23pm On Oct 15, 2011
9dynasty:

see who's fool1ng himself with the i used to be a christian crap. . .you were never a christian. all these atheist coming here with i used to love Jesus, i used to like reading the bible, i used to eat, give me a break

I'm fooling myself? How do you know that? This is the problem with you people. . .you come here, jump into conclusions and type nonsense without thinking twice. I doubt if there's any Atheist on this forum that wasn't indoctrinated with religion from childhood (we even have one here who has been both a moslem and a Christian) so what on earth are you talking about? People like you don't even have a clue how to navigate your bible and the only thing you know about Christianity is what you are spoon fed with on Sunday-Sunday brainwashing sessions. . .and you have the nerve the talk.

How typical of the SHEEPLE! ! !
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by emofine(f): 5:26pm On Oct 15, 2011
How can you love and appreciate what you don't understand?

There are people who vehemently despise the Bible yet haven't even read the first verse.
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by mail4gift2(m): 5:34pm On Oct 15, 2011
harakiri:

I'm fooling myself? How do you know that? This is the problem with you people. . .you come here, jump into conclusions and  type nonsense without thinking twice. I doubt if there's any Atheist on this forum that wasn't indoctrinated with religion from childhood (we even have one here who has been both a moslem and a Christian) so what on earth are you talking about? People like you don't even have a clue how to navigate your bible and the only thing you know about Christianity is what you are spoon fed with on Sunday-Sunday brainwashing sessions. . .and you have the nerve the talk.

How typical of the SHEEPLE! ! !

Boss-mi, no offence but if you were a Christian, i mean a real Christian who not only read the bible but also practice what you read, nothing on earth can make you change you believe, if you were indeed a Christian who has indeed read the bible, and came across the parable of the sower, and so many other parables, your only prayer to God through Jesus Christ will be to make you believe so you can over-come your unbelief, seriously boss i dnt think you were a true Christian/follower/disciple of JESUS CHRIST who has tested the many wonders and miracles of God, when you were a Christian, have you ever been in a deep problem like say losing your home and about to live on the street, then you prayed to God through Jesus Christ to give you a home and you give God a deadline (yes a deadline) to give you a home or an alternative but not to allow you to live in the street and a day to the deadline, HE DID IT, have you ever experienced this kind or any kind of miracle during your Christian years? and if you have not then sorry to say this, U ARE/WERE NOT A CHRISTIAN and if you have ever experienced this or any kind of miracle, can you tell us why you turned your back on Christ-ianity?

btw people is this what heaven feels like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9GLsVELApM if it is, GOD please give me your special GRACE to make it to my HOME.
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by harakiri(m): 5:45pm On Oct 15, 2011
@Frosbel

I for one do not agree with forcing my belief down people's throats. Appears their approach was not the right one but they did it out of LOVE not malice, so get that fact right first.

Really? Then what were you thinking when you started attacking Moslems in the Islamic section with your countless hate threads? Is that the "love of god" you mentioned earlier? How typical.

Secondly Christians make the wrong assumption that GOD is begging people on his knees to become his children, this produces a sort of arrogance in the recipients of the good news.

If that's the case, why not keep your preaching to yourself. In this part of the world, there is no person above six years of age who hasn't heard about all the "love and care" your god has for them. It's boring.

It's like a woman doing Shakara for a man chasing her, that man might be a good man, had working and loyal. However because she thinks she deserves better than this pleading fool she goes to marry a man who is as proud and vain as she is. The result is the marriage from HELL.

Like i said, do the world a favor and keep your delusions of grandeur to yourself.

Two things I will like to bring out of this ;

1. Unlike the man chasing the woman on his knees, Jesus is not on his knees begging for your love. He has demonstrated his LOVE for you on the cross, you accept it or reject it.

[b]"God overlooked people's ignorance about these things in earlier times, but now he commands everyone everywhere to repent of their sins and turn to him." - Acts 17:30

It is true that the Holy Spirit convicts us of SIN , Judgement and Righteousness but it is not BY FORCE.  You can reject the gospel as you are doing right now.

"Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not put up with humans for such a long time, for they are only mortal flesh " - Genesis 6:3

"And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city." - Matthew 10:14-15

So it's simple, if I come to your house to preach the gospel, and you tell me to bagger off, I will be off faster than the sound of Light  grin[/b]

Okay, for the umpteenth time, keep your preaching to yourself. After all, your god doesn't like people that do shakara. Abi no be so?

2. Like the woman who ended up with the wrong man, many of us reject Christ and end up living fruitless, aimless and frustrating lives. Not worth it in my opinion.

Bravo !!!

get it out and read John Chapters 1 to 3

Happens when you try to read it with an angry , biased and proud heart.

If you were to just read the bible and try to understand the context prayerfully, i doubt that you will have any difficulty.

Sometimes, i wonder if you think all these quotes and verses proves anything. You can't even show one iota of evidence that your bible is the authentic word of the creator.

Not right for a Christian to become abusive because others reject the gospel, I concur with you here.

I have used the word FOOL , no doubt, but within the context of scripture  grin

Yeah! The "FOOL" word again. Of course, i understand you call people like me fools because your bible "says so". What i don't understand is what you have against moslems who kill infidels like you because their Quran says so. You see the crass hypocrisy i keep talking about? You might just as well kill your wife because you paid bride price on her head and as such, she is your property to do as you please. The only person you're fooling is YOURSELF frosbel.

Many of us know what we are talking about, my problem with atheists is that while they reject the bible, there is no substitute, they either believe in the fable called Evolution or some random silly theories.

Which random silly theories? Has it ever occurred in that thick skull of yours that there are people who don't give a hoot about creation,evolution or any theories? If i had to choose between theories of evolution and some goat herder story about dirt and magic, i would definitely choose evolution. It might not be conclusive but it definitely makes 1000% sense than what your bible says. Only a daft would believe he/she was created from DIRT and MAGIC!
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by harakiri(m): 5:54pm On Oct 15, 2011
mail4gift2:

Boss-mi, no offence but if you were a Christian, i mean a real Christian who not only read the bible but also practice what you read, nothing on earth can make you change you believe, if you were indeed a Christian who has indeed read the bible, and came across the parable of the sower, and so many other parables, your only prayer to God through Jesus Christ will be to make you believe so you can over-come your unbelief, seriously boss i dnt think you were a true Christian/follower/disciple of JESUS CHRIST who has tested the many wonders and miracles of God, when you were a Christian, have you ever been in a deep problem like say losing your home and about to live on the street, then you prayed to God through Jesus Christ to give you a home and you give God a deadline (yes a deadline) to give you a home or an alternative but not to allow you to live in the street and a day to the deadline, HE DID IT, have you ever experienced this kind or any kind of miracle during your Christian years? and if you have not then sorry to say this, U ARE/WERE NOT A CHRISTIAN and if you have ever experienced this or any kind of miracle, can you tell us why you turned your back on Christ-ianity?

btw people is this what heaven feels like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9GLsVELApM if it is, GOD please give me your special GRACE to make it to my HOME.

My friend, you are the one who knows NOTHING about your bible or Christianity as a whole. I was not only a Christian but also active in the ministry. A lot of you who come here claiming to know your god and bible don't know jack! My journey into Atheism didn't happen overnight. It took years of asking numerous questions and intensive study of the bible. Believe me, i don't mean to boast but you don't know the bible half as i do. Trust me on that. The deeper i went, the more porous and vague it became. One simple question :

WHAT CONCRETE PROOF CAN YOU SHOW TO AUTHENTICATE THE BIBLE AS THE WORD OF THE CREATOR?

Very simple question but i can put all the money in my pocket down that you CANNOT answer it rather you will come here uttering dense reetarded sentiments and quoting from the same bible that is under contention (i know the old song and dance okay?). Defending Christianity with the bible is as ridiculous as defending Christmas with Santa Claus.

Nuff said!
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 15, 2011
harakiri:

@Frosbel

Really? Then what were you thinking when you started attacking Moslems in the Islamic section with your countless hate threads? Is that the "love of god" you mentioned earlier? How typical.

If that's the case, why not keep your preaching to yourself. In this part of the world, there is no person above six years of age who hasn't heard about all the "love and care" your god has for them. It's boring.

Like i said, do the world a favor and keep your delusions of grandeur to yourself.

Okay, for the umpteenth time, keep your preaching to yourself. After all, your god doesn't like people that do shakara. Abi no be so?

Sometimes, i wonder if you think all these quotes and verses proves anything. You can't even show one iota of evidence that your bible is the authentic word of the creator.

Yeah! The "FOOL" word again. Of course, i understand you call people like me fools because your bible "says so". What i don't understand is what you have against moslems who kill infidels like you because their Quran says so. You see the crass hypocrisy i keep talking about? You might just as well kill your wife because you paid bride price on her head and as such, she is your property to do as you please. The only person you're fooling is YOURSELF frosbel.

Which random silly theories? Has it ever occurred in that thick skull of yours that there are people who don't give a hoot about creation,evolution or any theories? If i had to choose between theories of evolution and some goat herder story about dirt and magic, i would definitely choose evolution. It might not be conclusive but it definitely makes 1000% sense than what your bible says. Only a daft would believe he/she was created from DIRT and MAGIC!

Without having to answer all your points due to time constraints, I can assure you that at no time did anyone here for that matter have any intention of preaching to you all day long !

You are not obliged to accept the gospel and we will better use our precious time to reach out to those who have a yearning and humility to receive Christ !!

But to restate, taking a leap of faith to believe in GOD is far more of an intellectual exercise than to establish the weight of your arguments and conceptions on an unproven system called evolution that sounds so silly , many scientists are beginning to distance themselves from its fairy tale ideas.

Common , how can you live your life hanging on to the bare threads of fables, what if you are wrong ( which I am certain you are ) and you die without Christ. What shall your last cry be, Alas Alas oh foolish soul that I am , to have spent my entire life grasping on to straws while rejecting the creator.

I leave you to continue living in your self-created world of bewildering fallacies !
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by harakiri(m): 6:10pm On Oct 15, 2011
emofine:

How can you love and appreciate what you don't understand?

There are people who vehemently despise the Bible yet haven't even read the first verse.

Really? Atheists don't know the bible? Answer these simple questions if you are so "well versed" in the bible :

(1)Who did Cain Marry?

(2)Why is that ince$t was a crime punishable by death in the old testament and yet, Lot slept with his two daughters (impregnated them) and NOTHING happened?

(3)Why is that homo$exuality was a crime punishable by death in the old testament and yet, David and Jonathan were exceptions? Read 2 Samuel 1:26 ("I grieve for you,Jonathan my brother,you were very dear to me. Your love for me was wonderful,more wonderful than that of women"wink.

(4)How did Judas Iscariot die? Was it by Hanging or Falling? Mattew 27:3-8 (By hanging), Acts 1:16-19 (By falling).

Check out these few first for starters. I'll be back with a whole lot more if you have anything credible to defend yourself.
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 15, 2011
(3)Why is that homo$exuality was a crime punishable by death in the old testament and yet, David and Jonathan were exceptions? Read 2 Samuel 1:26 ("I grieve for you,Jonathan my brother,you were very dear to me. Your love for me was wonderful,more wonderful than that of women"wink.

Only a perverted mind would put the meaning of s.odomy into the above. I am sorry but only someone with a soft spot for h.omosexual desires will make such a blatant presumption.

Have you heard of the concept of Idioms  undecided

Jonathan had sacrificed his own LIFE to protect DAVID from the jealous rage of his own FATHER.

Imagine risking everything for a person because you know they are noble , innocent and have shown faithfulness , love and loyalty to your family irrespective of the circumstances !!!

Sometimes a man might say I am more faithful to my boss than my wife, does not necessarily mean he loves his boss more than the wife , but it depcits an intense sense of loyalty to his boss.

Do you know that Himmler made a statement that he will kill his father for Hitler if asked to do so, and yet he was the same guy who betrayed Hitler at the end.

"To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted."- Titus 1:15
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by harakiri(m): 6:42pm On Oct 15, 2011
frosbel:

Only a perverted mind would put the meaning of s.odomy into the above. I am sorry but only someone with a soft spot for h.omosexual desires will make such a blatant presumption.

Have you heard of the concept of Idioms  undecided

Jonathan had sacrificed his own LIFE to protect DAVID from the jealous rage of his own FATHER.

Imagine risking everything for a person because you know they are noble , innocent and have shown faithfulness , love and loyalty to your family irrespective of the circumstances !!!

Sometimes a man might say I am more faithful to my boss than my wife, does not necessarily mean he loves his boss more than the wife , but it depcits an intense sense of loyalty to his boss.

Do you know that Himmler made a statement that he will kill his father for Hitler if asked to do so, and yet he was the same guy who betrayed Hitler at the end.

"To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted."- Titus 1:15

Please, I BEG OF YOU. . .Be honest and sincere (to yourself at least) for once in your life. How many men have you seen that refered to themselves that way? Even close knit twin brothers can never use such statements to express their brotherly love. David didn't say "the love you've shown me exceeds others" or "the love you've shown me exceeds my family". He was direct and straight to the point when he said the "love is more than that of WOMEN! ! ! You can beat about the bush and twist the scripture anyhow you please but the fact remains that we are talking about "love exceeding that of women"! Now, what would that be? Even a daft shouldn't have problems piecing it all together.

If your own brother walked up to you with his friend and said "Bros, this is my closest friend. The love he has shown me exceeds that of women!". . .Wouldn't you raise eyebrows? You know, there's a saying :

"YOU CAN FOOL THE WHOLE WORLD AND GET AWAY WITH IT BUT WHEN YOU START FOOLING YOURSELF, THEN YOU NEED TO GET YOUR HEAD CHECKED!"

Nuff said!
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by aloyemeka1: 6:43pm On Oct 15, 2011
Roflmao on hating the bible. Who are these people who hate the bible?. Islamic and Stalinist countries?.  Stalisnist countries hates religion entirely and not just the bible. Of course they will hate the bible because the truth contained therein keeps them uncomfortable. It is ironic because Christians don't hate the quran, they just don't care whether it exists or not. It is the inferiority complex the muslims are battling with that makes them poke their noses in Christian issues and when the frustration and low self esteem gets out of hand, they will start killing Christians for descrating the quran or for doing one nonsense or another. OP should have asked, why is it that Christians don't kill muslims for desecrating the bible.
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Ideyontop: 6:55pm On Oct 15, 2011
The bible is hated so much that in many strictly Islamic and Stalinist countries the bible is banned in a bid to keep it out of the reach of the common man.

In the western world it is ridiculed, defamed , contradicted , maligned and the truths turned into fables.

During the middle ages the catholic church ensured that the Laity and peasants had no personal copies.

The bible is the constitution of the kingdom of God.It is the most wonderful book in the whole world.It is also the oldest book in print.It remains the most sold book in the whole world.The bible contains God words that is a reflection of his personality.

Hey,it is full of power,and the haters may not like the impact it has on them and its users.The bible improves and beautifies the life of anyone who studies it diligently, They are life to those who find them and health to all their flesh, Prov 4:22
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 15, 2011

Nuff said!

I repeat if that is the meaning you have read into that verse of the bible , it can only be due to a faulty thinking process as a result of perverse inclinations.
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by harakiri(m): 6:58pm On Oct 15, 2011
frosbel:

Without having to answer all your points due to time constraints, I can assure you that at no time did anyone here for that matter have any intention of preaching to you all day long !

You are not obliged to accept the gospel and we will better use our precious time to reach out to those who have a yearning and humility to receive Christ !!

But to restate, taking a leap of faith to believe in GOD is far more of an intellectual exercise than to establish the weight of your arguments and conceptions on an unproven system called evolution that sounds so silly , many scientists are beginning to distance themselves from its fairy tale ideas.

Common , how can you live your life hanging on to the bare threads of fables, what if you are wrong ( which I am certain you are ) and you die without Christ. What shall your last cry be, Alas Alas oh foolish soul that I am , to have spent my entire life grasping on to straws while rejecting the creator.

I leave you to continue living in your self-created world of bewildering fallacies !

First of all, you claim to spend your "precious time" reaching out to those "yearning" with "humility" to know about Christ. If that's a fact, how come you spend so much time and energy scanning the internet for material which you use in direct attacks to Catholics,Moslems,Atheists,Evolutionists etc ? If what you said is true, then you should know that the people you're attacking aren't interested in your hate threads and you aren't doing a good job of showing them you have "genuine intentions". FROSBEL, who on earth do you think you're fooling? Definitely not me (you ought to know better).

Second, who is hanging on to fables? Me who doesn't give a care in the world for any theory of creation (be it evolutionary or religious) OR you would believes you were created from dirt and magic,donkeys and serpents talk and virgins actually get pregnant without sex? You that believes a man called Jonah was swallowed by a fish, didn't get chewed, digested, no water, no food, no oxygen and yet. . .he lived for 3 days. And i'm the one who believes in fables? You are are long overdue for a brain scan my friend!

Third, who is living in fallacies? Me who lives everyday as i see fit OR you who claims to be "righteous" and yet, you keep spreading lies and deceit all over the place and in the end. . .you believe that one day, you and other sheeple will grow chicken wings and fly to heaven to meet some guy who looks like the American Actor (Adrian Brody) sitting on a golden throne, wearing shiny white robes, big bejeweled crown on his head and you'll spend eternity singing his praises and eating fruit! And i'm the one who believes fallacies? Get real bruv!
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 7:12pm On Oct 15, 2011
[size=13pt]For far too long priests and preachers have completely ignored the vicious criminal acts that the Bible promotes.  The so called “God” of the Bible makes Osama Bin Laden look like a Boy Scout  grin grin grin .  This God, according to the Bible, is directly responsible for many mass-murders, rapes, pillage, plunder, slavery, child abuse and killing, not to mention the killing of unborn children.  I have included references to the Biblical passages, so grab your Bible and follow along.  You can also follow along with on-line Bibles if u like  grin grin grin

It always amazes me how many times this God orders the killing of innocent people even after the Ten Commandments said “Thou shall not kill”.  For example, God kills 70,000   angry angry angry  Oh , now tell me now~ who on earth can say that's a loving God or the true Creator of human even the World. . .huh    Christians i believe u are reading this my comment now if u like plan to attack me with insult i don't care , the thing i must speak the truth and pour out my mind  angry angry Those innocent people because David ordered a census of the people (1 Chronicles 21).  God also orders the destruction of 60 cities so that the Israelites can live there.(What a God!@#?!  lipsrsealed  )   He orders the killing of all the men, women, and children of each city, and the looting of all of value (Deuteronomy 3).  He orders another attack and the killing of “all the living creatures of the city: men and women, young, and old, as well as oxen sheep, and asses” (Joshua 6).  In Judges 21, He orders the murder of all the people of Jabesh-gilead, except for the virgin girls who were taken to be forcibly raped and married.  When they wanted more virgins, God told them to hide alongside the road and when they saw a girl they liked, kidnap her and forcibly rape her and make her your wife!  Just about every other page in the Old Testament has God killing somebody  angry angry angry !  In 2 Kings 10:18-27, God orders the murder of all the worshipers of a different god in their very own church!(What a Sadist!  lipsrsealed )  In total God kills 371,186 people directly and orders another 1,862,265 people murdered.

The God of the Bible also allows slavery, including selling your own daughter as a sex slave (Exodus 21:1-11), child abuse (Judges 11:29-40 and Isaiah 13:16), and bashing babies against rocks (Hosea 13:16 & Psalms 137:9).  

This type of criminal behavior should shock any moral person.  Murder, rape, pillage, plunder, slavery, and child abuse can not be justified by saying that some god says it’s OK(God of the Christians) from the bible.  If more people would actually sit down and read the Bible there would be a lot more Satanist like myself. grin grin grin grin grin

Jesus also promoted the idea that all men should castrate themselves to go to heaven:   "For there are eunuchs, that were so born from their mother's womb: and there are eunuchs, that were made eunuchs by men: and there are eunuchs, that made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it."  (Matthew 19:12 ASV)  I don't know why anyone would follow the teachings of someone who literally tells all men to cut off their privates. cheesy cheesy

The God of the Bible also was a big fan of ritual human sacrifice and animal sacrifice. angry

And just in case you are thinking that the evil and immoral laws of the Old Testament are no longer in effect, perhaps you should read where Jesus makes it perfectly clear: Because so many active members on the religion section here on the Nairaland Forum are Christians and would be finding ways to defend their strange God!  cheesy cheesy Now, here is also a prove from the new testament from the Bible  "It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid."  (Luke 16:17 NAB)

I know that most Christians believe that God is a good and loving god, and wants people to do good things.  I believe that most people want to do good things and behave morally.  I also believe that many Christians haven’t really read the Bible, or just read certain passages in church.  This is understandable, as the Bible is hard to read due to its archaic language and obscure references.  Also many priests and preachers don’t like to read certain passages in the Bible because they present a message of hate not love. smiley
[/size]
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by mployer(m): 7:20pm On Oct 15, 2011
Thumbs ups to FROSBEL. You really have the strength to argue with these Guys. Teaching them the things of God is like teaching nuclear physics to primary one pupil. They won't understand, They  don't have what it takes to.  Knowledge of God is by revelation, not through some mental exercise
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 15, 2011
m-ployer:

Thumbs ups to FROSBEL. You really have the strength to argue with these Guys. Teaching them the things of God is like teaching nuclear physics to primary one pupil. They won't understand, They  don't have what it takes to.  Knowledge of God is by revelation, not through some mental exercise    

Keep nuclear physics out of this please because it actually requires mental exercise and not lazy and wishful esoteric revelation. On the other hand, trying to reason with a christian is akin to pissing in the wind.
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by harakiri(m): 7:25pm On Oct 15, 2011
m-ployer:

Thumbs ups to FROSBEL. You really have the strength to argue with these Guys. Teaching them the things of God is like teaching nuclear physics to primary one pupil. They won't understand, They  don't have what it takes to.  Knowledge of God is by revelation, not through some mental exercise  

Another deluded fan comes to play. Did you even read through the thread at all? FROSBEL can't make a valid statement to defend himself even if his life depended on it and you're his fan?

My goodness! ! !
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by mazaje(m): 7:29pm On Oct 15, 2011
harakiri:

First of all, you claim to spend your "precious time" reaching out to those "yearning" with "humility" to know about Christ. If that's a fact, how come you spend so much time and energy scanning the internet for material which you use in direct attacks to Catholics,Moslems,Atheists,Evolutionists etc ? If what you said is true, then you should know that the people you're attacking aren't interested in your hate threads and you aren't doing a good job of showing them you have "genuine intentions". FROSBEL, who on earth do you think you're fooling? Definitely not me (you ought to know better).

Second, who is hanging on to fables? Me who doesn't give a care in the world for any theory of creation (be it evolutionary or religious) OR you would believes you were created from dirt and magic,donkeys and serpents talk and virgins actually get pregnant without sex? You that believes a man called Jonah was swallowed by a fish, didn't get chewed, digested, no water, no food, no oxygen and yet. . .he lived for 3 days. And i'm the one who believes in fables? You are are long overdue for a brain scan my friend!

Third, who is living in fallacies? Me who lives everyday as i see fit OR you who claims to be "righteous" and yet, you keep spreading lies and deceit all over the place and in the end. . .you believe that one day, you and other sheeple will grow chicken wings and fly to heaven to meet some guy who looks like the American Actor (Adrian Brody) sitting on a golden throne, wearing shiny white robes, big bejeweled crown on his head and you'll spend eternity singing his praises and eating fruit! And i'm the one who believes fallacies? Get real bruv!

I'll give this one a +10. . . .Where is our hypocrite in chief known as frosbel?. . .
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 15, 2011
harakiri:

Another deluded fan comes to play. Did you even read through the thread at all? FROSBEL can't make a valid statement to defend himself even if his life depended on it and you're his fan?

My goodness! ! !

It's hilarious when frosbel and co post the most ignorant things they can come up with and another random christian comes along and pats them on the back. Then they congratulate themselves on their stupidity and give glory to sky daddy. F#cking hilarious grin and tragic
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Enigma(m): 7:39pm On Oct 15, 2011
From http://www.truefreethinker.com/articles/flying-spaghetti-monster-invisible-pink-unicorns-et-al-part-1-4

Many atheists exhibit a lack of knowledge of the very theism against which they most often, if not exclusively, argue - the Bible's Judeo-Christianity. Worse yet, they think that they are well versed by claiming that they were "raised Christian" (whatever that means), "went to Sunday School," "was an altar boy," "saw the movie (hyperbole intended)," etc.

I am not one to claim that you must be a theologian to speak on, or against, Christianity nor a scholar to speak on, or against, the Bible. That is to be reserved for scholarly settings. Yet, one ought to be at least somewhat versed on the subject that one seeks to critique and be skeptical enough to double check both what one is being told as well as one's own positions.

I find that many atheists not only lack knowledge of Christian theology and the contents and contexts of the Bible but lack a basic understanding of natural theology / general revelation, which seeks to infer the cause of the universe from nature (nature not meaning biosphere alone but the universe as a whole).

Take a lack of knowledge of natural theology / general revelation - add to it a lack {of} knowledge of Christian theology and the contents of the Bible - mix that with a typically early age rejection of Christianity - blend it with the early, Sunday School, age understanding of theology - and finally bake it in the presuppositional oven of self-professed erudition and what do we end up with? . . . .
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by mazaje(m): 7:44pm On Oct 15, 2011
Martian:

It's hilarious when frosbel and co post the most ignorant things they can come up with and another random christian comes along and pats them on the back. Then they congratulate themselves on their stupidity and give glory to sky daddy. F#cking hilarious grin and tragic

grin grin grin
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by mployer(m): 7:44pm On Oct 15, 2011
That your five senses cannot reach it doesn't mean it is non-existent. The Bible has two dimensions; the letters and Spirit. we all access the letters through our senses but it takes SPIRIT to access the spiritual dimension

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Cultists, Kidnappers & Militants Baptized In Port Harcourt After Being Converted / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Differences Between Demonic Initiation And Christian Spiritual Awakening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.