Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,882 members, 7,806,546 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? (17146 Views)

Why Do People Hate Jews? / Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by harakiri(m): 8:07am On Oct 16, 2011
Enigma:

Worth repeating.  smiley

From http://www.truefreethinker.com/articles/flying-spaghetti-monster-invisible-pink-unicorns-et-al-part-1-4

Okay, since you've taken the liberty of repeatedly posting this same article all of the place, i guess it's best to give it some audience. . .

(1)There are Atheists who were born into religion, there are Atheists who converted into religion and there are Atheists who were born into Atheist backgrounds with no clue what religion is. In this part of the world, MOST (if not all) Atheists were born into religion, have a good thorough knowledge of religion and dumped religion mainly because of countless questions religion had no answers to. The average Atheist in this part of the world has a sound knowledge of the bible or Quran (i believe that has been proven time and time over again on this forum). Posting baseless sentiments culled from the internet will not change that.

(2)Your obviously biased and reetarded article says Atheists lack knowledge in Christian theology and yet we have endlessly asked several questions backed with bible verses that leave you people dumbfounded (even the so called men of god on this forum are smart enough not to make fools of themselves in attempting to answer questions that they have no answers to). Even when i was a Christian, i would have been embarassed and disappointed by the sort of lame reetarded responses you people put up and in the end, you all claim to know your "loving god" and bible. I can count all the Christians who have a thorough knowledge of the bible on this forum on one hand (the likes of KUNLESHOB and NUCLEARBOY are those i can count among them). The greater majority of you are still milk sucking infants who don't know how to react but to go into sentimental tantrums when you are faced with tough questions concerning your faith.
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Enigma(m): 8:12am On Oct 16, 2011
^^^ You know I warned you on the Leopold letter thread that I cannot now take anything you say seriously.

In fact, you have demonstrated your grave limitations at least twice --- one being when you could not understand my post about the limited intellectual options open to an evangelical atheist.

Anyway, when you can find the Leopold letter in your Roman Catholic Encyclopaedia  wink come and talk to me.  smiley

cool
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 16, 2011
harakiri:

My friend, do us a favor and give us a break with this I-Phone nonsense talk, okay? I still remember the day you mentioned this same issue in a debate and i was like, WTF! ! ! The whole thing sounds childish and manipulative.

I have actually laid it to rest. it only came up here for reference which is still permissible. someone was trying to question the thinking of xtians and i only wanted a fair judgement on the thinking of the atheist

First of all, why on earth would you want to meet someone at The Palms all because you want to prove to him that your god exists and on top of that, you offered to pay his "bills"? What's that? I don't really know what Teslim was thinking when he said that (i wasn't there) but something tells me the message he's trying to get across to you is that SCIENCE designed your I-Phone (together wilth everything that encompasses your entire life) and not some imaginary god. He doesn't need to meet your bill-paying-god-loving-self anywhere. He could have easily said that here
since u can read his mind, are u willing to do better than him by proving to me beyond reasonable doubt that my God doesnt exist as stated in the bible?
In between, the way you were ranting and daring him to come out into the open on this forum is enough to inform even a daft that you had more sinister intentions than a mere debate.
This is another subjective opinion which is far from being true. If u guys are telling me that my belief is wrong, is it a crime for me to demand from u to convince me beyond reasonable doubt that my belief is indeed wrong thereby helping me to have a rethink about God? ok im here for a debate and i dare all the atheists here to prove to me beyond reasonable doubt that theres no God according to what the bible made us to believe whilst not deviating from the topic
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by harakiri(m): 8:34am On Oct 16, 2011
Enigma:

^^^ You know I warned you on the Leopold letter thread that I cannot now take anything you say seriously.

In fact, you have demonstrated your grave limitations at least twice --- one being when you could not understand my post about the limited intellectual options open to an evangelical atheist.

Anyway, when you can find the Leopold letter in your Roman Catholic Encyclopaedia  wink come and talk to me.  smiley

cool

My friend, SHUT UP! ! !

You came to that thread boasting that you had "facts" and "logical analysis" that could debunk the Leopold letter to the Congolese as being fake. Till now, all you have done is show the dishonesty in Christians by beating about the bush, derailing topics and till date, you haven't brought forward this "evidence" you touted all over the place. The Leopold letter can be found in several online sources including the BBC website and the online catholic encyclopedia. The BBC website (and other websites) describes the horrors committed on the Congolese with pictures. The catholic encyclopedia mentions these horrors as well. Now, even a daft like you should know that if such a letter was fake, the Belgians would NEVER take such a smear campaign on their history lightly. There would be public outcry and a lot of fighting,court cases and libel charges. You even went as far as comparing such a historical letter to the 419 fraudulent scam letters (typical Christian cunning and dishonesty in action). I then told you to go to Google and type either "Fake King Leopold letter" or "King Leopold's letter to Congo is a forgery" and see if you get even ONE hit. Merely typing the words "fraud letter" on Google will bring out all those 419 letters. How on earth can you compare these two? Only a reetard is capable of such odd judgement.

What an ediot! If you think you can derail this thread with such a petty attempt, you'd better try harder next time.

Buffoon! ! !
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 16, 2011
Truth is bitter, dat's y d bible is hated.
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Enigma(m): 8:41am On Oct 16, 2011
harakiri:

My friend, SHUT UP! ! !

You came to that thread boasting that you had "facts" and "logical analysis" that could debunk the Leopold letter to the Congolese as being fake. Till now, all you have done is show the dishonesty in Christians by beating about the bush, derailing topics and till date, you haven't brought forward this "evidence" you touted all over the place. The Leopold letter can be found in several online sources including the BBC website and the online catholic encyclopedia. The BBC website (and other websites) describes the horrors committed on the Congolese with pictures. The catholic encyclopedia mentions these horrors as well. Now, even a daft like you should know that if such a letter was fake, the Belgians would NEVER take such a smear campaign on their history lightly. There would be public outcry and a lot of fighting,court cases and libel charges. You even went as far as comparing such a historical letter to the 419 fraudulent scam letters (typical Christian cunning and dishonesty in action). I then told you to go to Google and type either "Fake King Leopold letter" or "King Leopold's letter to Congo is a forgery" and see if you get even ONE hit. Merely typing the words "fraud letter" on Google will bring out all those 419 letters. How on earth can you compare these two? Only a reetard is capable of such odd judgement.

What an ediot! If you think you can derail this thread with such a petty attempt, you'd better try harder next time.

Buffoon! ! !

^^ My dear upstart friend, have you been to the thread lately? I  know you ran away after your idiocy became evident to the world but I'm sure you would have peeped in; I could bump it up to remind you. And so far I have only posted quite limited material but enough to alert intelligent and honest people about the provenance of the letter.

One day, you'll grow up and perhaps learn how to think; maybe also one day you'll learn honesty ---- although I realise that is always something too much to ask of evangelical atheists. They simply don't do honesty!

cool
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Enigma(m): 8:46am On Oct 16, 2011
harakiri:

. . . The Leopold letter can be found in several online sources including the BBC website and the online catholic encyclopedia. . . .

Meanwhile see what I mean by about dishonesty? Here you are again lying blatantly!

Why not then produce the Leopold letter from the Roman Catholic Encyclopaedia or the BBC website.

Just two links will settle it.  smiley

cool
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 9:06am On Oct 16, 2011
[size=13pt]Yeah i am back in the house ~ before i start commenting let me greet all the atheist in the house for topping the list ~ grin grin . I huge u all the keep up the good works. . .like me , i am not an Atheist but been an atheist is far berra than so called religionist- I'm a proud Satanist and before i reject the God and the bastard JESUS that doesn't have a biological father i became an atheist then later choose the lifestyle of satanism . one of the basic reason i choose to follow SATAN is because RELIGION have Created em to give excuses and put all the blames on him . When their GOD is responsible for everything going on in the World today~ cheesy

Enigma and co i notice your comments to me~ Well , that's no secret okay don't even think u have done anything or make sense . I have the right to post any truth i have known with my free- thinking knowledge and later see em on the internet . Chris Ali Baba Thiefe have been my very good friend - we meet in Paris couple of years ego , he's the owner of the website i copied some of my respond on this thread and that doesn't make the difference in as much they're all nothing but the TRUTH ! grin grin

I wonder what u Christian dogma's still trying to cover up . . . when all the lies in the bible have been exposed ! cheesy cheesy
[/size]
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by harakiri(m): 9:09am On Oct 16, 2011
Enigma:

Meanwhile see what I mean by about dishonesty? Here you are again lying blatantly!

Why not then produce the Leopold letter from the Roman Catholic Encyclopaedia or the BBC website.

Just two links will settle it.  smiley

cool

You know, i thought i had seen it all when it comes to cunning and trickery with FROSBEL but you my friend, are something else. Do you really think you can play word games with me or twist statements out of context? Anyways. . .

King Leopold's inhumane acts to black natives in the Congo are mentioned in the two websites below (Catholic encyclopedia and BBC website) :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/3516965.stm

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/04228a.htm

Furthermore, you can read or download the letter from these websites :

http://www.fafich.ufmg.br/~luarnaut/Letter%20Leopold%20II%20to%20Colonial%20Missionaries.pdf

http://www.stefangeens.com/LeopoldII.pd

http://wadsworth.com/history_d/special_features/ilrn_legacy/wawc2c01c/content/wciv2/readings/wciv2readingsleopold.html

http://www.blackpast.org/?q=george-washington-williams-open-letter-king-leopold-congo-1890

http://www.houghtonmifflinbooks.com/readers_guides/hochschild_king_leo.shtml

Now, after going through these info, i want you to PRODUCE THOSE "FACTS" AND "LOGICAL ANALYSIS" THAT PURPORTS THIS LETTER AS FAKE! ! !

If you cannot do that, then you are worse than being a shameless liar and a dishonest man.
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Enigma(m): 9:13am On Oct 16, 2011
^^^ Waste of time.

You are still too daft to realise that the more you insist on the genuineness of the Leopold letter the more and the more and the more you declare yourself to be a fool! It would have been surprising except I now realise you are that daft.

Your task remains: produce the Leopold letter from the BBC website or from the Roman Catholic Encyclopaedia.

cool
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Enigma(m): 9:15am On Oct 16, 2011
Look, let me help your daftness a little bit: do you see a single one of ALL the other posters who originally supported the Leopold letter now still maintaining that it is genuine?

Except you alone!!!!!

And that does not tell you something about yourself?

Pitiful!

cool
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by harakiri(m): 9:18am On Oct 16, 2011
Enigma:

^^ My dear upstart friend, have you been to the thread lately? I  know you ran away after your idiocy became evident to the world but I'm sure you would have peeped in; I could bump it up to remind you. And so far I have only posted quite limited material but enough to alert intelligent and honest people about the provenance of the letter.

One day, you'll grow up and perhaps learn how to think; maybe also one day you'll learn honesty ---- although I realise that is always something too much to ask of evangelical atheists. They simply don't do honesty!

cool

You know, people like you define the word DAFT! ! !

I ran away from the thread? How? I spent my precious time bantering with you and dropping several website links (which i'm pretty sure you must have checked out) but you were bent on making an argument out of thin air. You boasted you could provide "facts" and "logical" analysis to prove the letter is fake. Till today, i'm still awaiting for that evidence which never comes rather it's for you to come here, talking nonsense, derailing threads and in that daft mind of yours. . .that's a sign of "supreme intelligence"! My friend, i can see right through you and your types come a dime a dozen. If i were to play the same cunning games you play, it's people like you i would eat for breakfast. You are a dumba$$ daft and nothing more.

Do you really think you are intelligent? My friend, even the religious people on this forum who i regard as true intellectual minds don't blunder the way you do. They know when and where to talk. They know questions they can confidently answer and they know when to keep their mouths shut to avoid embarrassment. You my friend, are a dummy!
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by harakiri(m): 9:19am On Oct 16, 2011
Enigma:

Look, let me help your daftness a little bit: do you see a single one of ALL the other posters who originally supported the Leopold letter now still maintaining that it is genuine?

Except you alone!!!!!

And that does not tell you something about yourself?

Pitiful!

cool

The only reason the others stopped talking to you is for the same reason i stopped talking to you. It's pointless conversing with a daft reetard!
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Enigma(m): 9:26am On Oct 16, 2011
grin

Let me leave you with this:

As of today, the only person I know of in the WHOLE WORLD who thinks the Leopold letter is genuine is you, my upstart friend, harakiri.

That says a lot, aburo; says a lot!

I've got to dash now; maybe someone would have (privately/quietly) talked sense into you about the Leopold letter before I get back.

cool
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by harakiri(m): 9:39am On Oct 16, 2011
Enigma:

grin

Let me leave you with this:

As of today, the only person I know of in the WHOLE WORLD who thinks the Leopold letter is genuine is you, my upstart friend, harakiri.

That says a lot, aburo; says a lot!

I've got to dash now; maybe someone would have (privately/quietly) talked sense into you about the Leopold letter before I get back.

cool

Er, really? And how do you know this? Because everyone ignored you? Can you bring up anything to prove that? You keep using the word "upstart" like it's going out of fashion. You know, there are some people you can use these cheap feeble outdated manipulative and cunning tactics on and get away with it. I AM NOT ONE OF THEM! Get it? You are way too dumb and daft to play with my intelligence and i mean that.

Now, get lost!
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 9:54am On Oct 16, 2011
[size=13pt]Can a Christian in the house open to the book of Deuteronomy . . .? cheesy cheesy

Hell~~ leluYA ! grin
[/size]

Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by harakiri(m): 10:00am On Oct 16, 2011
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]Can a Christian in the house open to the book of Deuteronomy . . .? cheesy cheesy

Hell~~ leluYA !   grin
[/size]

grin grin cool

That's the "love of god" in living color. . .lol
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by jayriginal: 10:22am On Oct 16, 2011
harakiri:

Okay, since you've taken the liberty of repeatedly posting this same article all of the place, i guess it's best to give it some audience. . .

You shouldnt have. I read the silly article a while back. Refuting it is a time wasting venture particularly because of the people who rely on such elementary arguments. Some things are worth attending to and some are not. If that same article was quoted in a genuine attempt at discussion, then nothing would be wrong in attending to it. This is not the case however.
Im sure if someone came here and referred to himself as Jesus Christ, he would get many condemnations but few will actually try to prove to him that he was not Jesus Christ. The point is, it isnt worth it responding to the article. It talks about revelation. I personally had a revelation sometime ago in which God himself came down and revealed a few things to me and finally told me before he left that he did not exist. Then he promised to be back.
They didnt believe my revelation but they want me to take their own revelation seriously.
This really happened, I know it in my heart. I documented it thus
Well God spoke to me last night. He told me that he was annoyed that you could ascribe such an error riddled primitive piece of literature to him and say he inspired it. He said that if he didnt want you to use your brains, he wouldnt have given them to you. He then showed me a vision of Paul burning in hell.
Finally he told me very clearly that he didnt exist and promised to visit me soon and inspire me with real revelation.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-765094.0.html#msg9196435
Its just not worth it.

Martian:

Yes, I said it. It's basic common sense, the person making the claim bears the burden of proof. You have to provide objective evidence that a neutral and reasonable person would accept as proof of your god. This is like beating a dead horse but if I came to you and told you I have an invicible body guard, you would ask me to prove it. If I said no; that you should disprove my unsubstantiated claim, then you would be well within your rights to call me crazy. So, if I tell you with absolute certainty that my invisible body guard is real and i asked you to prove he is a non entity, what kind of science and logic would bring you to the conclusion that my body guard isn't real?? Riddle me that.

GBAM !!!
Thats why I say it isnt worth it. No matter how many times you repeat it, no matter what you say, certain people will stick to their arguments and come up with the most inane excuses/arguments that have since shamed their deity into non-existence. When all else fails, they come up with insults and tags.
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:33am On Oct 16, 2011
[size=13pt]Yeah ~~ They're call him loving God for encouraging bad things and doing all source of evil and still blaming it on almighty Satan the innocent who have given mankind the privilege to be wise grin grin

honestly the Christian God and every other God (s) that have been accusing the innocent almighty Satan for what he didn't know about , they are all in big trouble smiley
[/size]

harakiri:

grin grin cool

That's the "love of god" in living color. . .lol
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by tEsLim(m): 10:36am On Oct 16, 2011
Why would I hate the best selling novel? I've read it twice cover to cover. I liked the fiction and everything but then got bored with the repetitions too. but its all good. I shall read it again when I embark on a lonely journey / road trip
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:47am On Oct 16, 2011
[size=13pt]Funny u ^^ cheesy cheesy

You've spoken well though but i hope when next u read dunno give any space for the book to stir u up , that book have a kind of spirit and if one isn't careful enough that's the end --- the authors have cast so many ( Read and Believe ) spells on it so that whosoever that picked em up and read would believe-- nothing but just believe! grin grin
[/size]

tEsLim:

Why would I hate the best selling novel? I've read it twice cover to cover. I liked the fiction and everything but then got bored with the repetitions too. but its all good. I shall read it again when I embark on a lonely journey / road trip
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Ihengote: 10:59am On Oct 16, 2011
Because Bible is the truth,
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:31am On Oct 16, 2011
[size=13pt]Don't Rob God- about tithe  cheesy cheesy

"Should people cheat God?  Yet you have cheated me!  "But you ask, 'What do you mean?  When did we ever cheat you?'  "You have cheated me of the tithes and offerings due to me.  You are under a curse, for your whole nation has been cheating me.  Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple.  If you do," says the LORD Almighty, "I will open the windows of heaven for you.  I will pour out a blessing so great you won't have enough room to take it in!  Try it!  Let me prove it to you!  Your crops will be abundant, for I will guard them from insects and disease.  Your grapes will not shrivel before they are ripe," says the LORD Almighty.  (Malachi 3:8-11 NLT)

(Doesn't it seem really silly that an all-powerful God claims he can bring food and grapes to the masses but he can't even feed himself?  grin grin grin 

Thank gawwd today is Sunday. . . where are all the Christians in the house?? don't tell me service is not over yet  cheesy cheesy

Yeah , some Christian just post that the bible is truth--- okay , we agree the lies u mean misunderstood as truth lol
[/size]
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by mathskill: 11:44am On Oct 16, 2011
"Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and tortuous executions, the unrelenting vindictiveness with which more than half the Bible is filled, it would be more consistent that we called it the word of a demon, than the word of God. It is a history of wickedness that has served to corrupt and brutalize mankind; and, for my part, I sincerely detest it, as I detest anything that is cruel."

Thomas Paine The Age of Reason

This quote should answer frosbil question on why the bible is hated.
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:56am On Oct 16, 2011
[size=13pt]mathskill dear brother don't mind the Christians . . . i wonder to know how they're going to win this ^^ grin grin

The truth is always there and i dunno see what they're trying to defend. . . cheesy cheesy wink

Empty set of things. . . smiley
[/size]
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Enigma(m): 12:32pm On Oct 16, 2011
harakiri:

Er, really? And how do you know this? Because everyone ignored you? Can you bring up anything to prove that? You keep using the word "upstart" like it's going out of fashion. You know, there are some people you can use these cheap feeble outdated manipulative and cunning tactics on and get away with it. I AM NOT ONE OF THEM! Get it? You are way too dumb and daft to play with my intelligence and i mean that.

Now, get lost!

OK my upstart friend. After all the insults that you throw around all over the place you are complaining about "upstart"! Anyway, as I have observed before, the evangelical atheists are thin skinned and soon start whining like sissies and pansies after even only a small dose of their own medicine.

If you want to redeem yourself on the Leopold letter meet on the relevant thread; enough derailment of this one.

And as you evangelical atheists seem to be bothered by that quote because it is obviously true, I'll post again it next, to refocus this thread.

cool
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Enigma(m): 12:35pm On Oct 16, 2011
Worth repeating again, considering that our evangelical atheist friends seem to be affected by its truthfulness --- maybe it'll make some of them rethink. (Weeeell loooong hope, I know smiley

From http://www.truefreethinker.com/articles/flying-spaghetti-monster-invisible-pink-unicorns-et-al-part-1-4

Many atheists exhibit a lack of knowledge of the very theism against which they most often, if not exclusively, argue - the Bible's Judeo-Christianity. Worse yet, they think that they are well versed by claiming that they were "raised Christian" (whatever that means), "went to Sunday School," "was an altar boy," "saw the movie (hyperbole intended)," etc.

I am not one to claim that you must be a theologian to speak on, or against, Christianity nor a scholar to speak on, or against, the Bible. That is to be reserved for scholarly settings. Yet, one ought to be at least somewhat versed on the subject that one seeks to critique and be skeptical enough to double check both what one is being told as well as one's own positions.

I find that many atheists not only lack knowledge of Christian theology and the contents and contexts of the Bible but lack a basic understanding of natural theology / general revelation, which seeks to infer the cause of the universe from nature (nature not meaning biosphere alone but the universe as a whole).

Take a lack of knowledge of natural theology / general revelation - add to it a lack {of} knowledge of Christian theology and the contents of the Bible - mix that with a typically early age rejection of Christianity - blend it with the early, Sunday School, age understanding of theology - and finally bake it in the presuppositional oven of self-professed erudition and what do we end up with? . . . .
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 16, 2011
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]mathskill  dear brother don't mind the Christians . . . i wonder to know how they're going to win this ^^ grin grin

The truth is always there and i dunno see what they're trying to defend. . .  cheesy cheesy wink

Empty set of things. . .  smiley
[/size]

How old are you  undecided

It's not a teenage game of you win I lose.

The title of the topic if you may recollect is 'why is the bible hated.'

But the truth is simple, that the bible is hated because perverts would rather stick to their godless , fruitless and filthy life styles than submit to the creator of the universe.

You challenge GOD on his judgement of sinners, yet you rejoice when people in a secular sense are imprisoned for crimes ranging from pick pocketing to r.ape and murder. Is the government vindictive in punishing these people, some with the death sentence  undecided

You challenge God for the judgement of child molesters, child sacrificers, murderers, idol worshippers, o.rgie addicts etc and yet you are the sort of confused souls that will rejoice in the market square when thieves are lynched, when r.apists are castrated etc.

Tell me , was GOD involved , when your religion communism ended prematurely the lives of 200 million innocent souls , common tell me !!

What about the over 400 million babies aborted ( murdered ) since the late 50s, or are they not human in your sick mind  undecided

You have no excuse, you and your horde of marauding Fools , clenching your fists at GOD , but he laughs at your folly and wishes for goodness sake , that you will grow up and see things for what they really are, which is that the state of the world today is because of people like you , selfish, godless and anti all that is sacred and righteous.
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Oct 16, 2011
toba:

well, whether they hate or like, his takes nothing away from the fact that the bible is one of the most widely read books and one of the most important books which people tend to refer to for quoting and for discussion. well, same way some people consider is weird how some atheists hold on to evolution as a 100% fact and answer providing alternative. Also same way non atheists view atheists for not having minds of their own

Yeah, you're right. It's one of  the most widely read books, it his quoted by people but only christians attach any importance to it. Other widely read and quoted books are the quran, the iliad, the communist manifesto, the republic, second treatise on civil government,harry potter series,1984 and my favorite Animal Farm. My point is that, the bible is just another book. Why do you think that it's only atheists who accept evolution? Here's a prominent christian who lead the biologists that mapped out the human genome. He accepts evolution.

Francis Sellers Collins (born April 14, 1950), is an American physician-geneticist, noted for his discoveries of disease genes and his leadership of the Human Genome Project (HGP). He currently serves as Director of the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland. Prior to being appointed Director, he founded and was president of the BioLogos Foundation. Collins has written a book about his Christian faith, and Pope Benedict XVI appointed Francis Collins to the Pontifical Academy of Sciences.[1]

It seems the only christians who don't accept it are the ones who don't understand it, don't care to understand it,are just too ignorant to understand it or are just too arrogant to admit that they share traits and are evolutionary cousins of other primates. But they don't have a problem with invisible superman using dirt and magic to create bosoms and testicles.

toba:

no sir, i beg to differ. In his own case(teslim) hes making an assertion which he believes he has/had proof on. maybe he would have used his IPhone just as he claimed he wanted to. It may also interest you to know that if there is an assertion made by a minority to upset the majority opinion, then the burden falls on the minority making the claim. Even if the belief is not based on fact, it is still the prevailing belief not so?. no sir. I expected something better. I've asked for my post that directly says that atheists dont think rightly. I can ask questions. I asked all4naija a question based on his submission that has to do with xtians thinking rightly. hes yet to answer. I havent generalised anything. U are just deducing wrongly from my post

An assertion made by a minority to upset the majority? Playing the victim again? You still tryiing to position yourself as the underdog? QUIT! Christians had free reign when the world was a lot more ignorant but now that the internet has caused the proliferation of information exposing your house of cards, you want to cry foul. Miss me with that bullsh#t. The minority isn't trying to upset the majority, the minority just got bolder. I didn't deduce wrongly from your post, your persistent questions and your example of Teslim implied that all atheists don't think right.

toba:

I have actually laid it to rest. it only came up here for reference which is still permissible. someone was trying to question the thinking of xtians and i only wanted a fair judgement on the thinking of the atheist since u can read his mind, are u willing to do better than him by proving to me beyond reasonable doubt that my God doesnt exist as stated in the bible? This is another subjective opinion which is far from being true. If u guys are telling me that my belief is wrong, is it a crime for me to demand from u to convince me beyond reasonable doubt that my belief is indeed wrong thereby helping me to have a rethink about God? ok im here for a debate and i dare all the atheists here to prove to me beyond reasonable doubt that theres no God according to what the bible made us to believe whilst not deviating from the topic

Actually I can do that, but first you have to help me think right (since I'm a polyatheist) and prove to me beyond reasonable doubt that my invisible omnipresent bodyguard standing over my shoulder right now doesn't exist. After you do that, I'll use your method to prove to you beyond reasonable doubt that your god resides exclusively in your frontal lobe.
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 16, 2011
Enigma:

Worth repeating again, considering that our evangelical atheist friends seem to be affected by its truthfulness --- maybe it'll make some of them rethink. (Weeeell loooong hope, I know smiley

Why do you keep parroting the same terms over and over again. All you ever do is write evangelical atheist, dunning kruger effect,mumus, sussicorn bla bla bla.

Here, I'll give you two new terms to add to your vocabulary and repost a thousand times.

Enigma is a christian fundamentalist sanctimonious douche bag who suffers from True Believer syndrome and has frequent episodes of apophenia.
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by LagosShia: 1:11pm On Oct 16, 2011
THE BIBLE AND VIOLENCE:

John 2:15
Jesus made a whip from some ropes and chased them all out of the Temple. He drove out the sheep and cattle, scattered the money changers' coins over the floor, and turned over their tables.

Numbers 31:17-18
Now kill all the boys (in Midian). And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Judges 21:10-12
10So the assembly sent twelve thousand fighting men with instructions to go to Jabesh Gilead and put to the sword those living there, including the women and children. 11“This is what you are to do,” they said. “Kill every male and every woman who is not a virgin.” 12They found among the people living in Jabesh Gilead four hundred young women who had never slept with a man, and they took them to the camp at Shiloh in Canaan.

1 Samuel 6:19
And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the LORD, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men: [/b]and the people lamented, because the LORD had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter.

[b]Luke 19:27

"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me."

Luke 12:49
"I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!

Matthew 10:34
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

2 Peter 2:12
"These false teachers are like unthinking animals, creatures of instinct, born to be caught and destroyed. They scoff at things they do not understand, and like animals, they will be destroyed."

John 2:15
[Jesus] made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.

Psalms 137:8-9
O Babylon, you will be destroyed. Happy is the one who pays you back for what you have done to us.Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks!

Psalms 139:19-22:
"Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: Depart from me therefore, ye bloodthirsty men. For they speak against thee wickedly, And thine enemies take (thy name) in vain. Do not I hate them, O Jehovah, that hate thee? And am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred: They are become mine enemies."

Matthew 10:34
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

Luke 22:36,38
[Jesus] said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one, " The disciples said, "See, Lord, here are two swords."  "That is enough," he replied.

Matthew 10:35
35 For I have come to turn   “‘a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—

Luke 12:50-53
50 But I have a baptsm to undergo, and what constraint I am under until it is completed! 51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:12pm On Oct 16, 2011
[size=13pt]frosbel  whatever stop asking for my age that is not your bleeping business---  like u can see this thread isn't for kids or dull people ,  hope u know one conversation leads to the other?

Yeah it's not teenage game like you've clearly said~ but u are wrong with saying loose and win . like everyone have seen that the Christians have been claiming that their faulty bible is right and even when there's are so much proves of the so many Contradictions they still try to cover up  what have been known !

Like i boldly wrote u Christians always loose these conversation. . . people hate the bible because it's a mind stiring book filled up with planed lies .

If the Bible is our moral guide, then how can it make pornographic statements such as:  “, they may eat their own dung and drink their own piss with you” (2 Kings 18:27)?   cheesy cheesy  Also consult Numbers 31 where a whole tribe of people, including the elderly and children are slaughtered.  The only survivors were the virginal women, who were later raped by the “just and perfect” Moses and his men grin grin .  Is that what you want your children reading on Sunday like this ?  wink
[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Cultists, Kidnappers & Militants Baptized In Port Harcourt After Being Converted / Differences Between Demonic Initiation And Christian Spiritual Awakening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.