Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,991 members, 7,799,411 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

Latop Hard Drive Crashed - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Latop Hard Drive Crashed (690 Views)

How To Repair Corrupted Hard Drive/memory Card / Latop Sales Abuja Only / How To Repair A Spoilt/crashed Hard Drive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Latop Hard Drive Crashed by randa(m): 11:36am On Sep 11, 2007
my lappie hard rive has crashed, when i boot, i get a prompt saying the system cant see any hard drive, what do i do, do i get a new hdd for my lappie or is there a way it can be revived, i dont have any engineer nearby, cos i am far from town doing some job, i think the bumps along the road must have unsettled the hard disk, need suggestions, and the funny part is that it brings out this annoying noise, the interesting part, i just installed ubuntu fiesty fawn 7.04 on da system and was bening to enjoy yjr freedom that comes with it, abeg make una help,
Re: Latop Hard Drive Crashed by abohrandy: 7:13pm On Sep 11, 2007
bro,
get a nu one for your lappie
same happened to me n i was lost in this world. till i got a nu one.
no engineer can get you out of this one!!!
peace n one love
Re: Latop Hard Drive Crashed by wisemikky(m): 1:21pm On Sep 14, 2007
hi sis,
there is always a remedy to everything but firstly, i want to know some few details about ur HDD

1. does it make a sound that almost anyone not paying attention to it can hear?
if it does, then we might still see if we can salvage ur files if they are so important to you.

go to otigba and tel them you need casing for an external USB hard disk, it think it's about 2k5 -3k

unplug ur lappie hard disk , put it in the casing, plug it into another laptop or desktop system via USB and then use file scavenger to try and rescue ur files from the bad sectors of ur HDD.

you can google file scavenger for a download link.

lemme know how u did.

wisemikky
+234-7030102157
Re: Latop Hard Drive Crashed by abohrandy: 1:58pm On Sep 14, 2007
nice one!!!!
Re: Latop Hard Drive Crashed by Ivvie: 10:38pm On Sep 14, 2007
Replace the hard drive.  It isn't hard (use the oppourtunity to equip it with a bigger and higher rpm ware).  There is no point trying to get it to wrok.  Nothing can be deleted from a hard drive but overwritten.  You can still recover your data using a hardware recovery device or tool.  If you can resuscitate the hardrive, get what you can.

(1) (Reply)

New Yahoomail Interface Upgrade And New Features / Partnership With Your Company: Nigerians Sef! / "stanby" On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.