Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

How can INTELLIGENT people believe in EVOLUTION ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How can INTELLIGENT people believe in EVOLUTION ? (6032 Views)

Are Athiest The Most Intelligent People? ? / Why People Believe Or Hold Unto Religious Beliefs. / Some People Believe in Evil Spirits Yet Don't Believe in God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How can INTELLIGENT people believe in EVOLUTION ? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 15, 2011
"Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools." -Romans 1:22

Evolution makes no sense at all.  I just don't see how any intelligent person could believe such nonsense.  I mean, have you ever seen an ape that could be taught to do algebra?  No!  Other than the most basic skills (which a dog can also be taught), an ape does not have the capacity to learn anywhere near the human level.  Apes are dumb!  You can say a dog is smart (and it might be), but it can't logic like a human being can.

Furthermore, if we evolved from a lower species, then why is it that the apes didn't evolve in the evolutionary process?  Come on folks, you don't need a PHD (post hole digger) to figure this out.  Where are all those half man/half ape fossils which should be abundant in the earth's soil layers?  They don't exist.  This is what is known as the "missing link" by evolutionists.  Notice that I didn't call them "scientists" because there is NOTHING scientific about evolution.  Science by it's very definition means "the study of."  To "study" something, it must be observable.  Not only is evolution not observable, it is not testable or repeatable in a lab.  Do you realize that evolutionists CANNOT display even ONE single proof of evolution, NOT ONE!  Dinosaur fossils don't prove anything except that they existed.  Whether dinosaurs existed in Biblical times or during a pre-Adamic period is debatable amongst theologians.  Many preachers believe that Lucifer operated a kingdom upon the earth prior to Genesis 1:2.  The Bible does support this theory with credible evidence.  This is commonly known as the "gap theory."  Regardless, the fact that dinosaurs once inhabited this earth adds no credibility to the THEORY of evolution.

Evolution is for silly people, silly because they refuse to acknowledge the Word of God in their life.  There is NO WAY you can believe the Bible and evolution.  But you say, "what about 'theistic evolution' where God created everything and then allowed it to evolve?  I'm glad you asked.  There is no such teaching found in the Bible.  Genesis chapter one is very clear that God created this earth as we know it today in 6 days.  "IF" there was a pre-Adamic creation, it was destroyed according to Genesis 1:2.  I won't be dogmatic as to whether or not there was a pre-Adamic time period, but the Bible is certainly dogmatic that all life on this earth today was created within the six days of creation.  The Bible is very accurate in it's chronology.  The Bible dates itself from creation up until the end of the Old Testament.  The Bible dates creation at approximately 4,000 B.C.  This means that all life on earth today was created about 6,000 years ago!  There was no evolutionary process!  There is nothing to prove the THEORY of evolution (and that's all evolution really is, a bogus theory).

The fact that the "theory" of evolution is missing a critical link (the "missing link"wink should speak volumes as to the credibility of such a wild theory.  The "missing link" is the Neanderthal man (the ape man).  There is simply NO evidence of such theories.  The few skeletal remains which have been dug up and claimed to be prehistoric could easily be the fossil remains of modern men.  Bone structure also varies from one ethnic background to another.  It is very possible to dig up a skeleton with more rounded bones (which is more common in African anatomy).  This is NO evidence of evolution, but of variances in human anatomy.  East Asian people (such as China) have very unique facial features which are more pronounced.  Evolutionists have not discovered a Neanderthal man!  You can believe anything if you repeat it to yourself long enough.  Many people want to believe evolution because it relives them of the horrifying possibility that there might actually be a holy God watching how we live.  Whether you believe there is a God or not, the thought of both possibilities is very freighting.  I believe in God.

Even today, this world is filled with simple one-cell structured living organisms.  Why didn't they evolve?  Furthermore, if evolution were true, then you would think that different groups of animals could naturally breed.  A horse and a giraffe cannot breed offspring.  A cat and a dog cannot breed offspring.  Only through modern genetic DNA tampering can scientists play God and create monsters.  Do a web search under "spider goats" if you want to be freaked out.  Then read up on "Frankenfoods."  Agricultural scientists have created potatoes that produce their own internal pesticides from silk moth DNA genetically placed into the potatoes.  The moths die when they eat the potatoes, yummy.  Do you know what you're eating?  The same is true of genetically altered corn.

There is a God!  How do I know?  Simply because He lives in my heart.  At age 12, I was receptive to the Holy Spirit's conviction in my heart that I needed to get saved.  I willingly accepted Christ as my personal Saviour.  I hadn't had my faith shaken yet by some godless teacher or professor.  I thank God that I trusted Jesus.  I had faith in God as a teenager back then and I still have faith in God as an adult today.  I thank God I was saved at an early age before the pride of life blinded me.  You see, as adults we tend to become proud and stubborn, Satan blinds our minds with worldly thinking (2nd Corinthians 4:4).  It is people's sinful pride and love for sin that hinders them from being saved (John 3:20).  More people will probably burn in hell because of stubborn pride than anything else.

I am older and wiser today.  I think for myself.  I refuse to vote Democrat or Republican, it's all an evil bipartisan conspiracy which is destroying America.  There's not a dime's difference between the parties anyway.  I'll vote for the Constitutional party.  At least I can look at myself in the mirror.  People say, but you'll waste your vote.  Yeah, if I vote Republican or Democrat I will.  I think for myself.  I think this drug-dealing government needs to be cleaned up.  I think the Federal Reserve needs to be abolished.  I think property taxes are wrong and unconstitutional.  I think America should control it's own national parks and not the United Nations.  I think we should fight for our First Amendment rights which we're quickly losing.  I think for myself.  I just don't see any credibility to the THEORY of evolution.  Give me some proof and I'll believe it.

On the contrary, thousands upon thousands of scrolls of the Bible have been discovered throughout the holy land.  They all agree with each other.  The Bible and history accurately coincide.  How could one book written by 40 men over a 1,500 year time period be so accurate.  Most of those men didn't know each other.  The Bible is a perfectly interlocking prophetic puzzle, a masterpiece of literature.  Further, the Bible is the ONLY book on the face of this earth which addresses the sinfulness of mankind and our need for a Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.  It's been said that man wouldn't write the Bible if he could, and couldn't if he would.  There is no book which even compares.  The Qur'an contains NO prophecy.  The Qur'an is obviously biased against Christians and Jews.  The Word of God is not biased against anyone.

Evolution is in direct opposition to the Bible.  To claim to believe in God and evolution is tragic.  How can you profess faith in God, but not His divine Word?  If you claim to believe in God but not the Bible, then I seriously question the identity of your god.  The New Age movement has their own god, but it is not the Lord Jesus Christ.  The Islamic Muslims claim to believe in Allah (god), but it is not the Lord Jesus Christ.  You see my friend, you have to have faith in the true and living God.  Having faith in God is only good if it's faith in the Lord Jesus Christ to forgive your sins.  James 2:19 tells us that the devils believe in God.  Big deal, many unsaved people believe in God!  Have you ever realized that you were a sinner, bound for an eternal hell without Christ?  Did you call upon the name of Jesus to forgive those sins and save your soul from hell?  If not, please do so now and don't wait another minute.  Don't risk spending an eternity in the lake of fire.  You've got nothing to lose.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evolution%20Hoax/evolution_is_stupid.htm
Re: How can INTELLIGENT people believe in EVOLUTION ? by harakiri(m): 1:34pm On Oct 15, 2011
How can intelligent people believe they were created from DIRT?
Re: How can INTELLIGENT people believe in EVOLUTION ? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 15, 2011
^
Are you always online  grin

Anyway in the right context , peruse the excerpt from an article below :

“And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.”

While it is true that God created man from the dust of the ground, the phrase “handful of dust” is absent in the verse! It is conceived it the minds of these perverts. Be that as it may, the information in the Bible is scientific! Granting, without accepting, that there is such a thing as a ‘handful of dust’, whose hands will be the measuring hands for the dust that God will use in the formation of Adam? People who cremate the dead have an idea of how much dust will be left of the human body after cremation. I am sure it is not a sack of dust; but very close to a handful — depending on the hands that holds them. And why is it scientific? God made man from the dust; and when his body dies it decomposes and turns again to dust.

(Genesis 3:19) “In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.”
Re: How can INTELLIGENT people believe in EVOLUTION ? by harakiri(m): 1:47pm On Oct 15, 2011
The problem with you is HYPOCRISY! ! !

You find it ridiculous to be associated with apes but you have NO ISSUES whatsoever with a biblical story that depicts you as being created from DIRT! Apes might not be able to do math but they are definitely smarter than DIRT! How many calculations can your dirt do? Can you train dirt to do anything? You can keep an ape as a pet in your house but you definitely want no dirt in your house.

Science (unlike religion) is about ideas,theories and research that may or may not end in conclusive evidence but it's definitely making progress. Decades ago, the computers and phones we use in commenting on this forum where all ideas. From there, theories were put forth. After so much research, failures and successes, it's now a reality. There is no pride or shame in it. Science is all about growth. Science has no issues correcting itself. All the planets you know today are from science. The scientists who referred to Pluto as being a planet are still the same scientists that debunked it as not being one after much research and investigation. What has your bible done to positively affect the lives of mankind apart from turning people against each other? Your bible says the world is flat and four cornered. Do you still believe that? Your bible says god and angels reside in the skies. Do you still believe that? How many times have you seen god from the window of an aircraft? Science has sent space craft way beyond the skies and we all know there is no god or angels either in the skies or space.

Keep scanning the internet for material to fuel your delusions.
Re: How can INTELLIGENT people believe in EVOLUTION ? by harakiri(m): 1:52pm On Oct 15, 2011
frosbel:

^

“And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.”

While it is true that God created man from the dust of the ground, the phrase “handful of dust” is absent in the verse! It is conceived it the minds of these perverts. Be that as it may, the information in the Bible is scientific! Granting, without accepting, that there is such a thing as a ‘handful of dust’, whose hands will be the measuring hands for the dust that God will use in the formation of Adam? People who cremate the dead have an idea of how much dust will be left of the human body after cremation. I am sure it is not a sack of dust; but very close to a handful — depending on the hands that holds them. And why is it scientific? God made man from the dust; and when his body dies it decomposes and turns again to dust.

(Genesis 3:19) “In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.”

I'm always online when i have the time. In case you haven't noticed, it's a weekend.
Re: How can INTELLIGENT people believe in EVOLUTION ? by EvilBrain1(m): 2:51pm On Oct 15, 2011
frosbel:

^

We came from Dirt and Magic!

Of course, that makes perfect sense. I wonder why any sane person would doubt the bible version.
Re: How can INTELLIGENT people believe in EVOLUTION ? by Samxiulee: 4:15pm On Oct 15, 2011
Please kindly tell me who Cain married after he killed his brother Abel?Genesis chapter 4 verses 8 to 16.and who are the inhabitant of Nod east of eden where Cain was banish to.am a christian and i believe in God because av seen Gods impact on my life,also i know a liltle bit of science to know that one of the process God use to make us is evolution,the problem is that you choose to translate the bible literarily,you mention the quran but i guess you av not read the Torah.you can not be a more loyal christian than some great scientist likd Galileo,who said the world was round and was put to death by the church,who after 400 yrs the church apologies and gave him a proper burial,Issac Newton,Leonardo DaVinci,even Darwin all this scientist are christian.You dont av to conflict science with religion,cant compare,religion is faith,which is to believe what you cant see.Science is to have knowledge of what you can see or prove none of them undermine each other.pleases lets get our act right and stop fueling hatred among the two communities.No matter what scientist av done,do,will still do all knowlegde (science) came from God.didnt u read the bible about the forbiding apple fruit of knowledge? Pls this your topic is not different from boko haram.
Re: How can INTELLIGENT people believe in EVOLUTION ? by jwojcik: 8:44pm On Jul 28, 2014
Frosbel, you are making so many amateur mistakes in your understanding of evolution I'm inclined to believe you're pretending to be creationist in an attempt to parody and mock creationism. Assuming you're serious, though, let me correct you on some things:

1) Apes are incredibly intelligent. They can learn to communicate conversationally through sign language and, in fact, can understand mathematical concepts. However, evolution science does not and has never claimed that humans evolved from apes, only that they share common ancestry, just as different people around the world alive right now can trace an ancestor back to just one nationality. Evolution is a branching tree. Species don't "turn" into other species; they multiple and divide.

Also, there is no trait of humanity that is unique to our species. Different animals demonstrate every single behavior that we do. Animals have love, hate, selfishness, selflessness, prejudice, planning, imagination, you name it.

2) Apes did indeed evolve. Apes today are not the same apes that existed millions of years ago. As I pointed out already, however, evolution does not mean that a species always automatically disappears as a new species arises. Species go extinct only when they can no longer keep up, and in fact, the vast majority of life to have ever existed is extinct.

4) We can observe evolution. The world's scientists agree that evolution is a reality because every single thing we can see in the natural world demonstrates it. Perfectly. Always. Every time. So perfectly, we can even use evolutionary truths to predict where we will find new fossil species and what they will be like.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/ here are just a tiny sample of ways we can see evolution in action.

5) the fact that you keep putting "THEORY" in capital letters as if it means something to your argument demonstrates that you don't even know the first thing you're talking about. The word "theory" does not mean that something is unproven. In science, a "theory" is any body of knowledge explaining natural phenomenon. Gravity is still a theory, but we know that it exists because we can see its effects and watch it in action, just like evolution.

6) There is nothing in the bible indicating that the Earth is only thousands of years old. No dates are given, and no such dates can be "added up." Young Earth Creationism is a bad lie invented in only recent years by corrupt religious fanatics to convince their most blind followers that scientific fact is at odds with biblical stories.

7) The "missing link" is a pop culture myth. There is no missing critical link in human evolution. We can trace our ancestry back through a long line of extinct hominids; a smooth and gradual transition. Neanderthal remains are in no short supply either.

And, incidentally, we don't have "a few" skeletal remains of primitive humans. We have thousands of complete bodies, even frozen and mummified remains with their flesh and organs. We know what they ate, how they lived, even cultural characteristics. There weren't "modern humans" and then "neanderthals," there were MANY MANY species of hominid sharing the Earth. We drove most of them extinct ourselves; we even ate them. We can analyze their DNA, their stomach contents, everything about them. We have a deep, thorough, hands-on knowledge of the species we evolved from and how different they were.

cool Evolution does not relieve people of the possibility of a god. Evolution IS NOT ATHEISTIC. Nothing about evolution replaces god or explains where life originated. No scientist actually ever says or thinks such a thing; that is another myth perpetuated by corrupt religious institutions to attack scientific facts, and the main reason religious institutions attack science is because science supports the equal treatment and liberty of different sexes and races, something religion is historically opposed to.

9) You consistently show a belief that evolution means all living things are constantly evolving to be more complex, that you seem to think there shouldn't be single-celled organisms anymore. Evolution does not get rid of "simpler" species. Evolution also does not have a set "goal," it does not drive species to get bigger or smarter. Evoution simply means that environmental pressures and reproductive patterns keep life on our planet in constant flux to survive. Sometimes, a species LOSES "complexity" to keep living; subterranean animals lose their eyes because they don't need them anymore. For some species, it is most beneficial to be a single cell that reproduces quickly, in vast numbers. For other species, it is beneficial to be a huge vertebrate with a slow metabolism and powerful brain. Different organisms share our world because our world presents infinite possible roles in which an organism can thrive under myriad conditions.

10) You actually cannot draw a perfect line between "kinds" of animals in nature. A giraffe and a horse can't breed, no, but both share a common ancestor. We call things by species names for our own convenience, but between all related organisms there are blurred lines. There were once mammal-like reptiles and reptile-like mammals and everything in between, for instance. All life is made of the same DNA.

11) Genetic Modification is not the unnatural thing you say it is. It does, in fact, happen constantly in nature. Viruses regularly exchange DNA between different animals - for instance, all cattle have rattlesnake DNA. Every cow on Earth! Humans did not do this, a virus did.

http://phenomena.nationalgeographic.com/2013/01/01/how-a-quarter-of-the-cow-genome-came-from-snakes/

We create our GMO's by recreating this natural process.

12) Evolution, like I said, is NOT in opposition to the bible. You believe that you were created by God as a unique individual, I'm assuming? That God decided what you would look like and who you would be? However, you also understand that you came into this world through the meeting of your mother and father's genetic material and incubated in your mother's womb.

Evolution is the same thing. If you believe God designed the process of reproduction and birth to create you, then it stands to reason God designed evolution to create whole species. Why would species not come into being through biological means, just as individuals do?

13) The accuracy of the bible is not impressive, honestly. It is very simple for "1,200" people over "40 years" to keep information ROUGHLY historically accurate, though the bible is also overflowing with huge mistakes, and other books written around that era show as much or more accuracy. Frankly, the bible demonstrates nothing unusual for the typical human imagination to have written, and far from an "interlocking prophetic puzzle" it is impossible to read even one page without tripping over a contradiction or error. Incomparable? Please. The bible is a MESS, and many of its claims are plagiarized straight from older cultures.

You don't believe any of those 1,200 men were even simply lying or corrupt? Or mistranslating? Nothing was stopping anyone from writing misinformation in the bible, and the bible clearly reflects the attitudes of the men who authored it, rather than any consistent outside force.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

What Will Be The Judgment For Christians Who Support Jungle Justice? / ANNUAL MFM SEVENTY(70) DAYS FASTING AND PRAYER THREAD / How We Initiate People Into Our Cult- An Eye Opener, Pls Read & Be Informed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.