Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,792 members, 7,802,507 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

Is It Good To Set Traps In Relationships? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Good To Set Traps In Relationships? (8100 Views)

Reasons Why Ladies Like Sex But Pretend They Hate It In Relationships / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / Women Are Not Always The Problem In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Good To Set Traps In Relationships? by slap1(m): 8:18pm On Oct 15, 2011
Hi, everyone.
I often hear people talk about setting traps for their boyfriend or girlfriend, to see whether they will fall or not. Is it really necessary? What if the person falls into the trap, does it mean they don't love you? Can it affect the love you have for him/her?
Is it good to set traps in relationships?
Re: Is It Good To Set Traps In Relationships? by r231(m): 8:21pm On Oct 15, 2011
yea sure. . . . only when you dating a mouse cheesy
Re: Is It Good To Set Traps In Relationships? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 15, 2011
[size=14pt]^^^Epic Reply!. . .[/size] grin
Re: Is It Good To Set Traps In Relationships? by slimyem: 9:00pm On Oct 15, 2011
r231:

lol
Re: Is It Good To Set Traps In Relationships? by obowunmi(m): 9:04pm On Oct 15, 2011
Lmao!
Re: Is It Good To Set Traps In Relationships? by slimyem: 9:09pm On Oct 15, 2011
But seriously,methinks setting traps signifies lack of trust in a relationship and it a known fact that trust is an important aspect of any relationship.
The only situation where i could support it is in a case of infidelity.
Re: Is It Good To Set Traps In Relationships? by InkedNerd(f): 9:10pm On Oct 15, 2011
Setting traps are the foundation to no trust tongue
Re: Is It Good To Set Traps In Relationships? by freecocoa(f): 9:13pm On Oct 15, 2011
Personally I don't think its wise setting trap(as you called it)for one's lover cos no one is infallible,if you test the person and he or she falls,that doesn't make him a devil. though it depends on the kind of test sha cos I believe there are some traps one shouldn't fall into no matter what.
Re: Is It Good To Set Traps In Relationships? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 15, 2011
Why set up trap if you were in real relationship? Talk about trust not traps!
Re: Is It Good To Set Traps In Relationships? by CLASSMAN: 9:19pm On Oct 15, 2011
YES ITS GOOD
AM JUST MARRIED FOR JUST SIX MNTHS AND I SO MUCH TRUST MY WIFE NEVER CHECK HER MOVEMENT NOR HER PHONE OR MAILS COS MY MUMMY TAUGHT COS I MET HER A VIRGIN I CAN TRUST HER ,BUT TO MY UT MOST SURPRISE I JUST FOUND OUT SHE HAS BEEING SEEING ANODA PERSON EVEN WHEN WE WERE STILL COURTING TERRIBLE
Re: Is It Good To Set Traps In Relationships? by horny4u(f): 9:22pm On Oct 15, 2011
r231:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Good To Set Traps In Relationships? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Oct 15, 2011
CLASSMAN:

YES ITS GOOD
AM JUST MARRIED FOR JUST SIX MNTHS AND I SO MUCH TRUST MY WIFE NEVER CHECK HER MOVEMENT NOR HER PHONE OR MAILS COS MY MUMMY TAUGHT COS I MET HER A VIRGIN I CAN TRUST HER ,BUT TO MY UT MOST SURPRISE I JUST FOUND OUT SHE HAS BEEING SEEING ANODA PERSON EVEN WHEN WE WERE STILL COURTING TERRIBLE
Probably it wasn't a healthy relationship. True relationship is beyond sharing but trust from both sides - she doesn't trust! Trap is not the solution it only make things more complicated because you never had that real trust in the first case, all your focus was on virgin!
Re: Is It Good To Set Traps In Relationships? by CLASSMAN: 9:30pm On Oct 15, 2011
all4naija:

Probably it wasn't a healthy relationship. True relationship is beyond sharing but trust from both sides - she doesn't trust! Trap is not the solution it only make things more complicated because you never had that real trust in the first case, all your focus was on virgin!
YOU MEAN A RELATION SHIP OF 6 YEARS THOU THERE IS MORE TO IT AM READY TO SHARE IN ANODA THREAD FOR PEOPLE TO UNDERSTANND LIFE AND ALSO LEARN FROM MY EXPERIENCE AND NOT TO FALL INTO D SAME TRAP AS I FELL ( CHECK OUT THE THREAD ABOUT JEHOVAH WITNESS AM READING TO DIVULGE MY STORY ) THANKS
Re: Is It Good To Set Traps In Relationships? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 15, 2011
q
Re: Is It Good To Set Traps In Relationships? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Oct 15, 2011
CLASSMAN:

YOU MEAN A RELATION SHIP OF 6 YEARS THOU THERE IS MORE TO IT AM READY TO SHARE IN ANODA THREAD FOR PEOPLE TO UNDERSTANND LIFE AND ALSO LEARN FROM MY EXPERIENCE AND NOT TO FALL INTO D SAME TRAP AS I FELL ( CHECK OUT THE THREAD ABOUT JEHOVAH WITNESS AM READING TO DIVULGE MY STORY ) THANKS
From your previous comment I can deduce your trust was on her being a virgin, which is where you miss it all together.  trust is based on understanding not attached to something in a person. The truth that you were able to spend 6 years together doesn't prove anything beyond we are human. Things can get sore any time and there are many conditions to that. There is nothing like perfect relationship but real relationship that goes with understanding and respect for each other. Even if any of you were fed up certain things in the relationship and want to quit, it can be done it a better and open manner that cheating. I can tell you have being monitoring her after see some changes in her character. Man women are  human who need to be understood and loved and anything beyond that should be put to her to let her know you are always open to all ideas no matter the condition. I being in relationship is open to anything unexpected.

thank you!
Re: Is It Good To Set Traps In Relationships? by arsenefc: 9:51pm On Oct 15, 2011
Yes it is good. You dont want rats to take over your relationship? Or do youi?
Re: Is It Good To Set Traps In Relationships? by InkedNerd(f): 9:57pm On Oct 15, 2011
all4naija:

From your previous comment I can deduce your trust was on her being a virgin, which is where you miss it all together.  trust is based on understanding not attached to something in a person. The truth that you were able to spend 6 years together doesn't prove anything beyond we are human. Things can get sore any time and there are many conditions to that. There is nothing like perfect relationship but real relationship that goes with understanding and respect for each other. Even if any of you were fed up certain things in the relationship and want to quit, it can be done it a better and open manner that cheating. I can tell you have being monitoring her after see some changes in her character. Man women are  human who need to be understood and loved and anything beyond that should be treat her to let you know you are always open to all ideas in not matter the condition. I being in relationship is open to anything unexpected.

thank you! 

Well said wink
Re: Is It Good To Set Traps In Relationships? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Oct 15, 2011
[size=14pt]Well Well! Sometimes, the answer is YES or NO! It depends on the trap and your objective! "Setting traps" is an intentional act! It's synonymous with setting someone up, right? It may mean you DONT trust the person at all! In as much as i'll advise you to trust her, there are other conventional means of getting to know someone, without painstaking effort! Now, what is your motive in the relationship? Are you planning on getting serious? Before you meander into a relationship, you should atleast know your expectations. If your expectations are not being met, you bounce! No rigmaroles! IMO, it's only when i dont have defined expectations from a lady, that i'll have to start "setting traps"! I for one do not like ladies that are too calm, i like to know how she reacts when angry. Would i have to set a trap for that too, or do i just observe how she reacts when we disagree on something? Or how she reacts when someone else makes her angry? Most times, setting a trap for someone usually catches them. Cos you, the master planner made it in a way that they would fall for it! So why castigate them for falling into your own trap? You could test her love and Loyalty to you, but setting traps, when you know that she has a 95% chance of falling hook, line and sinker, into that trap, would not be fair! She's only human, just as you are!. . .[/size]
Re: Is It Good To Set Traps In Relationships? by emmatok(m): 10:04pm On Oct 15, 2011
Yes it is good to test your partner once in while.

For those shouting TRUST.

TRUST is relative because any secretive or suspicious move will surely destroy trust.
Re: Is It Good To Set Traps In Relationships? by dabrake(m): 10:07pm On Oct 15, 2011
Dependin on d callibre of trap. Once left ma haus 4 d campus. Haus wuz damn tattered & unwashed plates everywia. B4 i came back, d haus wuz glittering. Datz d kind of trap i do set buh if itz a trap dat has got 2 do wyt infidelity, then i wont. Remembered placing a bet wyt ma fwend early this yr dat he wont woo ma gul within 3mnths buh he ended up doing dat in 11dys, slept wyt ha dat day(meanwhile, we wer stil keepin ourselves 'holy' 4 dat faithful day cuz she told mi dat she wuz a virgin and by then, i wuz also a virgin) chop ma 12k. Caused me hrt break(it wuz painful. Wuz ma 1st luv and ma 1st heartbreak. Though we'r stil 2geda) and it wuz durin d exams period. & I ended up wyt a 3.00 that semester. I no try am again. Lai lai.
Re: Is It Good To Set Traps In Relationships? by InkedNerd(f): 10:12pm On Oct 15, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=14pt]Well Well! Sometimes, the answer is YES or NO! It depends on the trap and your objective! "Setting traps" is an intentional act! It's synonymous with setting someone up, right? It may mean you DONT trust the person at all! In as much as i'll advise you to trust her, there are other conventional means of getting to know someone, without painstaking effort! Now, what is your motive in the relationship? Are you planning on getting serious? Before you meander into a relationship, you should atleast know your expectations. If your expectations are not being met, you bounce! No rigmaroles! IMO, it's only when i dont have defined expectations from a lady, that i'll have to start "setting traps"! I for one do not like ladies that are too calm, i like to know how she reacts when angry. Would i have to set a trap for that too, or do i just observe how she reacts when we disagree on something? Or how she reacts when someone else makes her angry? Most times, setting a trap for someone usually catches them. Cos you, the master planner made it in a way that they would fall for it! So why castigate them for falling into your own trap? You could test her love and Loyalty to you, but setting traps, when you know that she has a 95% chance of falling hook, line and sinker, into that trap, would not be fair! She's only human, just as you are!. . .[/size]

You better not set a trap on our date angry
Re: Is It Good To Set Traps In Relationships? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 15, 2011
Ofcourse, i set traps at least 2X a week in my relationship.
Re: Is It Good To Set Traps In Relationships? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 15, 2011
emmatok:

Yes it is good to test your partner once in while.

For those shouting TRUST.

TRUST is relative because any secretive or suspicious move will surely destroy trust.

I don't understand you because I can't trust your comment. Trust is exercise by both side to be a trust. And, that were respect comes in from nowhere to solidify this unwavering reliance. Before you trust somebody you must have understand many things about that person and it doesn't mean that person can't fail. No human is perfect but there are things to really do as a man to keep your relationship from crumbling, that  is, open to conversations and let her know you for whom you are. TRUST is not everything but it come with understanding and respect which can help a relationship to hold on for a very long time. During the process both you might get use to manything which might irritate or bothering any of you at the initial time.

However, I am not an expert in that field but i think, TRUST comes with understanding and respect which is a very important part of it.
Re: Is It Good To Set Traps In Relationships? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Oct 15, 2011
engineerd:

Ofcourse, i set traps at least 2X a week in my relationship.
Are you a hunter? Why set traps for fellow human being! Jeez! Well, it is your life and your are entitled to it!
Re: Is It Good To Set Traps In Relationships? by mekaboy(m): 10:15pm On Oct 15, 2011
 GOOD QUESTION

ITS VERY GOOD TO SET ALOT OF TRAPS grin grin grin grin grin AT THE BEGINNING OF THE RELATIONSHIP, YES ITS A SIGN OF NO TRUST BUT IF YOUR PARTNER PASSES THE TEST, YOU WILL TRUST THEM MORE . INCASE IF U NEED SOME TRAPS LET  ME KNOW

Re: Is It Good To Set Traps In Relationships? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Oct 15, 2011
You better not set a trap on our date
Inked_Nerd:

You better not set a trap on our date angry
[size=14pt]Trust me! I dont set traps on first dates! [/size]wink
Re: Is It Good To Set Traps In Relationships? by moshoodn(m): 10:25pm On Oct 15, 2011
Humans are really unfathomable.
Re: Is It Good To Set Traps In Relationships? by MeGaStReEt: 10:30pm On Oct 15, 2011
Is Atopiapia that scarce
Re: Is It Good To Set Traps In Relationships? by InkedNerd(f): 10:31pm On Oct 15, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=14pt]Trust me! I dont set traps on first dates! [/size]wink

Ok o! I don hear. If you do, I'll just walk off grin
Re: Is It Good To Set Traps In Relationships? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Oct 15, 2011
When youre in a relationship with someone, there are so many tests that come up naturally with day to day things, that deliberatly setting a trap is kinda paranoid and extreme. You can get to know your partner by just being with them and observing I think. If you feel compelled to set a "trap", then something is either telling you, on some level, that there is a reason to suspect, or else you are just simply a very untrusting individual. If you cant learn to trust, you will eventually destroy the relationship. IMO
Re: Is It Good To Set Traps In Relationships? by mployer(m): 10:39pm On Oct 15, 2011
yea sure. . . . only when you dating a mouse Cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Good To Set Traps In Relationships? by chipet(m): 10:41pm On Oct 15, 2011
r231:

LWKMD4H! grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Damn, 15 Genetic Mutations Caused By Incest!! Taboo Lovers Beware!!! (pics) / Nigerian Girls / Why Do Women Respect Their Bosses More Than Their Husbands?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.